Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

It's official: Fetterman checked himself into hospital for clinical depression per the New York Times

3 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Probably quite a few. Both because Trump was/is that bad and people vote for their team. 

The sycophants who just vote for their team are in the 85%.  I suspect you are right about the other part, and that is part of why I find myself defending Trump even though I'm not a fan of his.  In my scenario he backed a great candidate:  think capable, honest, honorable, experienced, not an election questioner, heck not necessarily even a fan of Trump, yet the mere fact that Trump backed him made him unelectable.  Again, the party of smartz.  :( 

11 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

You ratted out the other thread that got deleted today. You are a low life rat that votes for idiots. 

Right. I posted in that thread and then later reported it. 

Moron. 

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Right. I posted in that thread and then later reported it. 

Moron. 

Rat. You get so offended by strangers on the internet. What a weak character you are. Mommy still telling you to rat on people who hurt your little sensitive feelers. 

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

The sycophants who just vote for their team are in the 85%.  I suspect you are right about the other part, and that is part of why I find myself defending Trump even though I'm not a fan of his.  In my scenario he backed a great candidate:  think capable, honest, honorable, experienced, not an election questioner, heck not necessarily even a fan of Trump, yet the mere fact that Trump backed him made him unelectable.  Again, the party of smartz.  :( 

Having Trump as your champion at this point is a scarlet letter and rightly so. You don’t see how this would be the thing for majority of Americans?

I guess I’m not seeing why that has you defending Trump.

In any case for this Penn race the other candidate may have lost as well because of the demographics of Penn voters.

But, Oz from the start was a bad pick. The Republican in that Penn race needed to crush the rural vote. A smarmy TV guy from out of state is a bad choice. I don’t know why Trump wanted him but given the track record I’m going out in a limb that Oz pledged fealty :lol:.

37 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Having Trump as your champion at this point is a scarlet letter and rightly so. You don’t see how this would be the thing for majority of Americans?

I guess I’m not seeing why that has you’d defending Trump.

In any case for this Penn race the other candidate may have lost as well because of the demographics of Penn voters.

But, Oz from the start was a bad pick. The Republican in that Penn race needed to crush the rural vote. A smarmy TV guy from out of state is a bad choice. I don’t know why Trump wanted him but given the track record I’m going out in a limb that Oz pledged fealty :lol:.

Having severe TDS as your main personality feature is no heathy life style. There is no cure. You may as well just go off the grid and go hide in shame because all you ever do is embarrass yourself at a constant rate.

2 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Having sever TDS as your main personality feature is no heathy life style. There is no cure. You may as well just go off the grid and go hide in shame because all you ever do is embarrass yourself at a constant rate.

Taking a break from arraigning your dolls this afternoon I see! Thanks for the reply!!

26 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

I guess I’m not seeing why that has you’d defending Trump.

Interesting conclusion, as we had just agreed it didn't matter to the never-Trumpers who Trump would have picked. :dunno:

It bothers me because IMO the Left, specifically those with Trump Derangement Syndrome, started the "othering" that we have in politics today.  If you supported anything Trump did (and he did do some good things), heck if you did anything but hate Trump with the passion of a thousand burning suns, you were a knuckledragging idiot.

The Left never could get their arms around the fact that they used to be the party of the working people, and now those people resonate with Trump.  I think it subconsciously bothers them.  "Hey stupid worker, you don't need a job, I'll just raise taxes to give you stuff, now shut up, vote D, and be happy about it!"  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Interesting conclusion, as we had just agreed it didn't matter to the never-Trumpers who Trump would have picked. :dunno:

It bothers me because IMO the Left, specifically those with Trump Derangement Syndrome, started the "othering" that we have in politics today.  If you supported anything Trump did (and he did do some good things), heck if you did anything but hate Trump with the passion of a thousand burning suns, you were a knuckledragging idiot.

The Left never could get their arms around the fact that they used to be the party of the working people, and now those people resonate with Trump.  I think it subconsciously bothers them.  "Hey stupid worker, you don't need a job, I'll just raise taxes to give you stuff, now shut up, vote D, and be happy about it!"  

The othering you describe has always been a thing I believe - across both parties.

We agree on this, right? The 85% I described is across both parties. 

Trump bothers me because he is dangerous and has no regard for the country. 

• Confused 1

On 2/17/2023 at 10:48 AM, Tree of Knowledge said:

Ballot harvesting, voter intimidation, a focus on low information and low IQ voters, a misinformation machine, and a powerful network of media groups hell bent on suppressing the truth.  

Nobody with any sense is voting for a Fetterman or Biden.  

Hence, MDCrotchit and thegeneralgenitalspimpledoosh voting for both Fetterman and Biden.

I’m not a Penn voter but from the view from afar I’d say partisan voting was the primary reason Fetterman won - keep the Senate and secondary Trump’s stink all over the place. Doubt this is much different than most races TBH these days this one was just particularity important. 

Oz being a shitty candidate also was a big boost for Fetterman. 

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

Fetterman isn't capable of doing the job. That's a problem.

I don’t know how it is determined but if it is decided he is unable then there are mechanisms in place to fill his seat. Believe the Gov of Penn replaces him. 

40 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

The othering you describe has always been a thing I believe - across both parties.

We agree on this, right? The 85% I described is across both parties. 

IMO the old adage used to be correct:  the right hates leftist policies, the left hates rightist people.  But as we see on our very own site here, more and more conservatives are othering people on the left these days.

Sure, there are a lot of people on both sides who just flip the R or D levers.  My point is the irony of all of the "smart" people on the Left who look down their nose with disdain for Trump followers and their blind devotion, then walked into a PA polling booth and voted for a brain dead guy.

I don't think Trump was always that way; I think he started truly trying to help the working class.  These days though his ego has taken over and everything is about him.  

39 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

IMO the old adage used to be correct:  the right hates leftist policies, the left hates rightist people.  But as we see on our very own site here, more and more conservatives are othering people on the left these days.

Sure, there are a lot of people on both sides who just flip the R or D levers.  My point is the irony of all of the "smart" people on the Left who look down their nose with disdain for Trump followers and their blind devotion, then walked into a PA polling booth and voted for a brain dead guy.

I don't think Trump was always that way; I think he started truly trying to help the working class.  These days though his ego has taken over and everything is about him.  

I don’t think these situations are totally comparable but I see understand the point you are making. The Senate is now a numbers game, Fetterman’s seat was crucial. Prior to the stroke he was an excellent candidate and the hope is he will recover fully. I was surprised he won though TBH but given the numbers in the Senate I get it and I am sure I would have voted for him if I lived there.

I will also add he’s not brain dead and is in treatment not for the stroke related issues.

Speaking for myself and I think the evidence is pretty ample Trump is a danger. He isn’t fit for a position that basically has unchecked power. His people he endorses I look at as pawns essentially and if these people were in place in 2020 who knows what decisions they would have made if asked to “find votes” or not certify the electoral vote in Congress, etc. Any politician that aligns with him after his act when he lost I hold in the same regard.

A President’s policies are up for debate. If you agree with them, if they are doing a good job is opinion. That they GTFO when they lose is the top of list of their job requirements. This shouldn’t be in question for anyone.

To this issue of “smart people”  I think there are plenty of smart and dumbasses across the board. The country is filled with all kinds. But yeah if Trump is still a person’s candidate of choice after all we have seen I don’t get it. 

The president has unchecked power? How do some of you cross the street by yourself? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thegeneral said:

I don’t know how it is determined but if it is decided he is unable then there are mechanisms in place to fill his seat. Believe the Gov of Penn replaces him. 

He wasn't capable of doing his job at the time when idiot liberals like yourself voted him in. And stop blaming it on the other candidate. You know they/you vote that way because of the 'D' after the name. TDS infested brains of liberals are 100% incapable of thinking rationally. 

Fetterman had to win a primary and he was retarded then too, before the stroke. That had nothing to do with republicans. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Fetterman had to win a primary and he was retarded then too, before the stroke. That had nothing to do with republicans. 

He was an excellent progressive candidate, I wouldn’t expect he’d be your cup of tea. He beat another very good candidate Conor Lamb. The stroke is the only reason the race against Oz was even remotely close.

• Haha 1

Fetterman was the mayor of a town where no one lived and he managed to fuuck that up.  That’s it, that’s the extent of his work history. 

2 hours ago, thegeneral said:

Too bad Mastriano got crushed.

Heckuva job PA GOP! :overhead: 

2 hours ago, thegeneral said:

The concern for the Dems is if they replace him, the seat comes up for the next general election.  If he stays, he's there for 6 years.  Pressure will be on to keep his body alive for the full term.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

The concern for the Dems is if they replace him, the seat comes up for the next general election.  If he stays, he's there for 6 years.  Pressure will be on to keep his body alive for the full term.  

That is a good point. But again he’s not brain dead, he’s in the hospital for depression. He’ll get all kinds of rest working in the Senate when he’s in the right head space, those dudes work like 10 weeks a year :lol: 

What a disgusting human this  jerkoff is married to. She’s even lower than Dr. Jill. 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

That is a good point. But again he’s not brain dead, he’s in the hospital for depression. He’ll get all kinds of rest working in the Senate when he’s in the right head space, those dudes work like 10 weeks a year :lol: 

I know he's not brain dead.  If he were the Left could at least argue that he can't feel anything so keeping him in the job isn't cruel and unusual.

Just now, jerryskids said:

I know he's not brain dead.  If he were the Left could at least argue that he can't feel anything so keeping him in the job isn't cruel and unusual.

Well you said “brain dead” then “keep the body alive” not exactly subtle 😂

14 hours ago, Reality said:

Fetterman isn't capable of doing the job. That's a problem.

I see it as a solution. The world is better off if he stays in a coma in the hospital, not voting, for his entire term. 

Take your time getting better John. Don't resign. Don't die. Thanks,

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

I see it as a solution. The world is better off if he stays in a coma in the hospital, not voting, for his entire term. 

Take your time getting better John. Don't resign. Don't die. Thanks,

We’d be better off if more senators were in a coma. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 3:15 PM, jerryskids said:

The Democrats had a more centrist candidate in the primary election for Senate in Lamb. Fetterman was able to portray himself as more the average person (which ironically is not all that dissimilar to how Trump presented himself as a man of the people). The Republican primary was between Oz and David McCormick. Oz was hammered in the primary by McCormick for being Turkish and having dual citizenship and Turkish loyalty. He also bashed him for being a Hollywood liberal. Those things all stung Oz. Also, once it was down to just those two they basically ran ad after ad that was essentially "Love me Donald."  Trump then endorsed him because of his huge ratings for his syndicated TV show.

Then on top of it Oz was never really clear about anything policy wise he believed. And most of what he was now saying was in direct contrast to what he was saying 2-3 years prior. He came off as too wishy washy to a lot of the centrist voters and got beat by almost 265,000 votes in a state that was decided by 81,000 votes in 2020 (TBF he did better than that goof Mastriano in the Senate race who lost by almost 800,000 votes).

I know people want to keep relitigating the 2022 Senate election (because politics the last 7 years has become "This is why I didn't win" paranoia fantasies) but the message that should be taken is "People like Trump......they don't like the Trump lite people that run thinking they are him."

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/25/2023 at 4:13 PM, thegeneral said:

Biden isn't dangerous? He's getting owned right now. The poor guy doesn't even know where the hell he is half the time. 

On 3/30/2023 at 8:02 AM, Sean Mooney said:

The Democrats had a more centrist candidate in the primary election for Senate in Lamb. Fetterman was able to portray himself as more the average person (which ironically is not all that dissimilar to how Trump presented himself as a man of the people). The Republican primary was between Oz and David McCormick. Oz was hammered in the primary by McCormick for being Turkish and having dual citizenship and Turkish loyalty. He also bashed him for being a Hollywood liberal. Those things all stung Oz. Also, once it was down to just those two they basically ran ad after ad that was essentially "Love me Donald."  Trump then endorsed him because of his huge ratings for his syndicated TV show.

Then on top of it Oz was never really clear about anything policy wise he believed. And most of what he was now saying was in direct contrast to what he was saying 2-3 years prior. He came off as too wishy washy to a lot of the centrist voters and got beat by almost 265,000 votes in a state that was decided by 81,000 votes in 2020 (TBF he did better than that goof Mastriano in the Senate race who lost by almost 800,000 votes).

I know people want to keep relitigating the 2022 Senate election (because politics the last 7 years has become "This is why I didn't win" paranoia fantasies) but the message that should be taken is "People like Trump......they don't like the Trump lite people that run thinking they are him."

More the average in Mooney's world. Focking liberals are so stupid and messed up in the head. 

😆😆

• Thanks 2