Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

Justin Trudeau: minors should be eligible for assisted suicide without consent from parents

https://thepostmillennial.com/minors-should-be-eligible-for-assisted-suicide-trudeau-government-committee-says?utm_campaign=64466

Canadian News

Feb 16, 2023

Minors should be eligible for assisted suicide, Trudeau government committee says

The committee said it "agrees with those witnesses who supported a requirement for parental consultation, but not consent, in the context of MAID for mature minors."

Come quickly Lord Jesus Christ.  

As long as the parents have been consulted, it all good.  Canada is leading the path towards the new fascism.  

If society is going to honor an individual's belief as a minor they were born in the wrong sex body and their identification as the opposite sex why not honor their identification as a nullity, their belief they should not have been born at all?

Wasn’t Trudeau that said it.  

Some other quotes from the article:

eligibility should be restricted to those who have the proper decision-making capacity, and a condition that brings with it the expectation of imminent death.

Further inquiry, the committee wrote, must be done before any amendments could be made to existing policies regarding MAID for minors. It gave Parliament five years to carry out such research.

59 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

eligibility should be restricted to those who have the proper decision-making capacity, and a condition that brings with it the expectation of imminent death.

Further inquiry, the committee wrote, must be done before any amendments could be made to existing policies regarding MAID for minors. It gave Parliament five years to carry out such research.

figures a liberal will come in here and say this.

it was a government committee.  justin runs the government.  they deliberate and decide policy together.  theres no way trudeau wasnt made aware of this major thing coming from his own committee. stop shielding trudeau.

24 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Justin you are a strange little dude. 

liberla bot 0010101011000 personal attack.

timsch realizes trudeau is indefensible, so the only option is to for the bot to ignore the thread or attack me lol. embarrassing.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Odd that Justin left this but out. Seems relevant.

41 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

liberla bot 0010101011000 personal attack.

timsch realizes trudeau is indefensible, so the only option is to for the bot to ignore the thread or attack me lol. embarrassing.

Not indefensible at all. I think anyone who faces imminent death should be allowed to kill themselves, kids included. I know I would want that option. And besides, aren’t we all about to perish in a nuclear war anyhow? 

The fact that you even brought this up makes you a strange little dude. 

1 hour ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

Trudeau’s biological father would be so proud of him.  

If there's one conspiracy I would bet my mortgage on this is the one.

7 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

If there's one conspiracy I would bet my mortgage on this is the one.

its pretty easy to do a dna test these days.  kinda surprised no one has hired a PI to snag a cup he drank out of, run some tests, and publish it.

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

figures a liberal will come in here and say this.

it was a government committee.  justin runs the government.  they deliberate and decide policy together.  theres no way trudeau wasnt made aware of this major thing coming from his own committee. stop shielding trudeau.

You know like when there were three or four Chinese balloons flying across our country and the last president allegedly didn't have a clue. I mean it happens. Right?

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

You know like when there were three or four Chinese balloons flying across our country and the last president allegedly didn't have a clue. I mean it happens. Right?

its trudeau's committee and they are debating assisted suicide for minors.  thats oceans of difference from balloons. get the hell out of here.

2 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Whataboutism wha?  :lol: 

3 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Not indefensible at all. I think anyone who faces imminent death should be allowed to kill themselves, kids included. I know I would want that option

I think this is an interesting question worth debating.  My concern in the case of Canada is my perception that their motivation is not to help suffering people, but rather to reduce the cost of their unsustainable government health care system.  As such, "imminent death" might be kinda like "imminent climate change disaster," which is to say, not necessarily that imminent.

That program in Canada started in 2016 and was expanded (for adults) last year to include securing assistance to die if you're living with a debilitating disability or pain; you no longer had to be terminally ill. With the way Western culture has been going, I think it's very reasonable to expect that the criteria for minors will eventually expand, too.

There was an Iranian immigrant who'd been living in Canada for 12 years and applied for the program when he was facing eviction. He has really bad back pain from an accident and figured he would slowly die on the streets, so it was better to just say sayonara. He was on all government assistance he could be. The community raised money for him and he wants to keep living.

Dead people have a much smaller carbon footprint. Well, unless they're cremated. Oh crap. Clouds of Canadian kid dust are going to block out the sun! 😟