WhiteWonder

2023 Draft and Season Discussion

If someone with authority could pin this for 2023

looks like a Monday March 13th start to Round 1 of our draft. 

Bone Rolling… maybe Monday March 6th at the latest. We can do this as early as you guys want but then there is quite a lull. 6th gives us enough time for me to set up the draft threads and all of us to enter back end exclusives. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Pinned…

If you need someone to do the supplemental draft for the order after the draft has finished, I should be able to do it…

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

Bone Rolling… maybe Monday March 7th at the latest. We can do this as early as you guys want but then there is quite a lull. 7th gives us enough time for me to set up the draft threads and all of us to enter back end exclusives. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sounds good to me.   You could almost create some generic round threads and then when we have time we can list players without listing the draft slot, and then once we roll just plug it all in.   I'm sure I could knock out about the last twelve rounds in just a couple minutes. 

21 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Sounds good to me.   You could almost create some generic round threads and then when we have time we can list players without listing the draft slot, and then once we roll just plug it all in.   I'm sure I could knock out about the last twelve rounds in just a couple minutes. 

True. I’ll work on making the draft threads tomorrow without any actual orders so people who want to declare late round exclusives can do so 

I have created the draft threads. I started doing the 26.01 --  etc. and realized it's a waste of time until we roll the bones as it is easier for me to add the teams in the appropriate slots for one round and then just copy and paste and change a front number.  So the other threads will remain "reserved".  

You guys can start filling in exclusives from the back end first,  as you please.  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

March 7 is a Tuesday.  I'm good with rolling bones on Monday March 6.

Thanks for the prep work WW. 👍

2 hours ago, Jim Mora said:

March 7 is a Tuesday.  I'm good with rolling bones on Monday March 6.

Yes it is.. good catch!

15 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

are the teams the same as last year?

yes. Same owners, same teams. No one has switched. 

I figured I would get further than anyone so far.  I could keep going but I may as well try and draft a few guys :lol:

Just looking at the Royals current 40 man...

Of the 24 pitchers, I think we drafted 19 who have never played for another team.

Three catchers the same (Salvy, MJ and Freddy Fermin).

8 infielders all drafted and haven't played for another team (Dozier, Garcia, Lopez, Massey, Pasquantino, Pratto, Taylor, Witt, Jr.)

And of the 5 outfielders (Eaton, some dude named Hernandez, Isbel, Olivares, and Waters) all were drafted by Royals and have only been with them except Olivares who is eligible to the Padres.

won't be long before I'm done :banana:

I could easily keep going but wheres the fun in that haha

On 2/26/2023 at 9:50 AM, cmh6476 said:

I figured I would get further than anyone so far.  I could keep going but I may as well try and draft a few guys :lol:

Just looking at the Royals current 40 man...

Of the 24 pitchers, I think we drafted 19 who have never played for another team.

Three catchers the same (Salvy, MJ and Freddy Fermin).

8 infielders all drafted and haven't played for another team (Dozier, Garcia, Lopez, Massey, Pasquantino, Pratto, Taylor, Witt, Jr.)

And of the 5 outfielders (Eaton, some dude named Hernandez, Isbel, Olivares, and Waters) all were drafted by Royals and have only been with them except Olivares who is eligible to the Padres.

won't be long before I'm done :banana:

funny thing is that I think I am the only person who can draft Royals (unless BoSox want Hosmer)

Reyes and Oliveras

Just so I can compile my current roster for the rest of the draft in one spot

C- 

1B- Rizzo, Bell

2B- Cronenworth

SS- Tatis, Abrams

3B- France

OF- Soto

SP- Musgrove, Quantrill, Lauer

RP- Hader, Bednar, Munoz, Suarez

17 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

funny thing is that I think I am the only person who can draft Royals (unless BoSox want Hosmer)

Reyes and Oliveras

Who? :dunno:

6 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Franimal?

there's a few guys I'm competing for, but honesty it isn't much. 

let's roll some bones

12 minutes ago, lambert58 said:

Rolling a 70 should allow me to miss out on my top 5 targets…. 🤬🤬🤬

Highest goes first

fock, I really didn't need a first overall pick :bench:

rolls begin today, draft begins next monday :mad:

:P

36 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

rolls begin today, draft begins next monday :mad:

:P

looks like it's just you holding us up :banana:

On 2/18/2023 at 7:04 PM, WhiteWonder said:

Bone Rolling… maybe Monday March 6th at the latest. We can do this as early as you guys want but then there is quite a lull. 6th gives us enough time for me to set up the draft threads and all of us to enter back end exclusives. 🤷🏻‍♂️

do you want me to see about Mike givin you mod access to this forum?

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

do you want me to see about Mike givin you mod access to this forum?

It’s all good. I don’t need that kind of immense responsibility 😂

37 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

we starting?

lets keep discussion in the discussion thread, por favor.

draft starts monday 3/13.   with bones being rolled and the order being set, theres no harm in guys making picks early, if they can. No pressure on anyone to pick until Monday :thumbsup:

I got the back 4 threads finished, minus the people who have not added players yet.

Got me to thinking as I saw some of the players.....

I have to assume that most if not all of you added at least 1 significant exclusive this year via trade (last season or in the offseason), free agency, or a big time call up from the minors.

Most.... if not all of you probably added at least 1 significant new player to your draft pool....

Tampa has no such player :lol:

23 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I got the back 4 threads finished, minus the people who have not added players yet.

I have to assume that most if not all of you added at least 1 significant exclusive this year via trade (last season or in the offseason), free agency, or a big time call up from the minors.

Most.... if not all of you probably added at least 1 significant new player to your draft pool....

If you meant to say 'lost at least one significant exclusive player' and 'added at least 1 insignificant new player', then yup that's me! 

23 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

If you meant to say 'lost at least one significant exclusive player' and 'added at least 1 insignificant new player', then yup that's me! 

yay, im not alone. 

3 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

:blink:

54 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

:blink:

What? I know KC didn’t bring in any big time exclusives for you but have they not called up any prospects you’re very excited about and should make an impact this year? 

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

What? I know KC didn’t bring in any big time exclusives for you but have they not called up any prospects you’re very excited about and should make an impact this year? 

Oh they all got playing time last year. I guess Chapman is now exclusive :dunno:

5 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Oh they all got playing time last year. I guess Chapman is now exclusive :dunno:

I was considering playing time different from now starting off the year as someone you are banking on for fantasy production. 

McClanahan last year would have been an example for me. 

15 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Varsho definitely fits that mold for me.  I remember 2 years ago in the mid season draft late in the 2nd round I took a hunch on him.  Being that he had catcher eligibility and OF.  Most everyone looked at me like I was nuts but it worked decently for me and MY fantasy Toronto squad and here is the big league club fetching him and thinking he can help as well.
While he's not superstar status pickup he's certainly a solid multi category guy I should be playing everyday in my lineup.

16 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

No chance on adding a significant exclusive, but the Rangers did retool their pitching staff significantly, which gives me a lot more options.  That being said, I had no luck in the dice roll and will end up losing both of the guys I was hoping to land in the first round.

I'm pretty ashamed of my list of exclusives, actually. 😂  Looking through a quick ADP trying to project the first round, it saddens me to see how many other teams have such great homegrown talent (and hence great exclusives), while Texas is continually a group of retreads.  I think I counted 8 exclusives for the Braves before I got to my first exclusive just based on ADP, and if Cleveland or the Dodgers were still around, you don't find a true TEX exclusive until the 200s (a reliever with 36 career saves)

Though I am pretty excited about our minor league system, moreso than I've been in years, so I'm hoping to be competitive in 2026.

20 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Obviously Contreras is huge for me.  One of the better hitting catchers as an exclusive now. 

I am very excited to see what Jordan Walker can do as a rookie.  Only 20 years old. #4 MLB prospect.  Tearing up this spring by leading in HR, RBI, OPS.   Slot him in front of Goldschmidt, Arenado, and Contreras and he could have a Monster year!   

also pleased Wong remained an exclusive after the trade to the Mariners.   Good SB and doubles stats.  

I’m tired of waiting.  I’m going to go ahead and fill in the next 3 rounds. If I picked one of your targets just find someone else.   😂