WhiteWonder

2023 Draft and Season Discussion

@cmh6476   if you want to grant me co commish access on yahoo, I am willing to help enter rosters.  up to you.

I can input into Yahoo come Friday evening but I'm pretty busy until then.  Just depends on the timeline you all want it uploaded.

I think Mike & Brike both have commish access now

cool.  I think we can probably aim to start the supplemental on Monday  3/20 :dunno:

the only reason i'd like to have the current rosters loaded is so it's cleaner for everyone to see who is available. 

9 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I think Mike & Brike both have commish access now

They do...

32 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

cool.  I think we can probably aim to start the supplemental on Monday  3/20 :dunno:

the only reason i'd like to have the current rosters loaded is so it's cleaner for everyone to see who is available. 

Monday will be interesting for me, depending on how bad my luck is on the roll. From around 10:20-12:30 I'll be in the air, then a couple hours sitting in Toronto before my 13.5 hour flight to Tokyo. I might pay for wifi on the second flight though (but I'll definitely be sleeping from 3:30 to 9:30 so I don't deal with jet lag).

Currently loading the rosters. I am into round 7... holy crap yahoo doesnt make it easy with the accents and tildes. 

7 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Currently loading the rosters. I am into round 7... holy crap yahoo doesnt make it easy with the accents and tildes. 

They definitely do not...

Rosters have been loaded. You will not see them on your team page, only if you go to Players and change the status to your team and filter the results.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Yeah yahoo is not fun which is why I knew I wouldn't have time til Friday but you crushed that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Geek of the year stuff right there

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, dcb291 said:

RIP Edwin Diaz. Glad I got Robertson. 

Oh Jesus, he pulled a Gramatica? :doh:

21 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Monday will be interesting for me, depending on how bad my luck is on the roll. From around 10:20-12:30 I'll be in the air, then a couple hours sitting in Toronto before my 13.5 hour flight to Tokyo. I might pay for wifi on the second flight though (but I'll definitely be sleeping from 3:30 to 9:30 so I don't deal with jet lag).

let me know which day is best for you. we have plenty of time. Monday's just make sense for starting but we can push it back. 

I can do the dice on Monday and we can start Wed. :dunno:

we def shouldnt be in any rush after seeing Diaz :blink:

If I pay for wifi on my flight, I'll be good basically Monday up to 10:20 or so, otherwise late Monday/Tuesday morning over here I'll be around. If I don't get screwed by the lotto balls, I could make my pick before the flight.

Or….. we do the dice roll now and knock the supplemental out before Monday.  🤷‍♂️

39 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

If I pay for wifi on my flight, I'll be good basically Monday up to 10:20 or so, otherwise late Monday/Tuesday morning over here I'll be around. If I don't get screwed by the lotto balls, I could make my pick before the flight.

It doesn't sound like you will be unavailable for days...if we are delayed just a few hours it is what is. It shouldn't really cause a major issue. I vote we stay with roll tomorrow or over the weekend and start the Sup Draft Monday still.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 1:30 PM, WhiteWonder said:

Josh Bell 1B, Clev missing from my roster

you accidentally placed him on Zero Tolerance's team 

19 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Josh Bell 1B, Clev missing from my roster

you accidentally placed him on Zero Tolerance's team 

Hmm. Well I was going through it like the Flash. 

Should be fixed now. Eugenio Suarez was missing from ZT's team where I had placed Bell.  :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

ready to roll whenever if rosters are entered why not?

Mostly because we have 13 days before opening day and I kind of feel like what’s the rush? A lot of big name players are in the WBC

if everyone wants to get going as soon as possible I’m fine with the majority but I don’t personally see the rush. 

11 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Mostly because we have 13 days before opening day and I kind of feel like what’s the rush? A lot of big name players are in the WBC

if everyone wants to get going as soon as possible I’m fine with the majority but I don’t personally see the rush. 

true we dont need any celebrations

I would say roll the bones as soon as possible so we know our positions but then give a few days to allow for strategy planning, trades etc.  So like the current plan but we get them balls pulled.

11 minutes ago, Mookz said:

I would say roll the bones as soon as possible so we know our positions but then give a few days to allow for strategy planning, trades etc.  So like the current plan but we get them balls pulled.

Yeah as of now I'll pull the balls tomorrow and we can start Monday with no rush. People can take their time making picks, no clock or skipping. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Yeah as of now I'll pull the balls tomorrow and we can start Monday with no rush. People can take their time making picks, no clock or skipping

And no complaining unless we get to 2-3 days of opening day.  Then we can panic.

I never knew what it felt like to have the balls, but now I do. 

I’m going to record and put on YouTube 

• Thanks 1

Order video added to that thread.   Supplemental kick off Monday! :cheers:

Haha, this season will be a train wreck. 11th in draft, 8th in supplemental for good measure. Figures though, last season I was 5 spots below odds, this season 6.

With the snake nature and so much talent I feel like you can pick about anywhere and be pleased 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

With the snake nature and so much talent I feel like you can pick about anywhere and be pleased 🤷🏻‍♂️

More of a matter of this team being so unfathomably bad that it could have used one superstar, but if we are being realistic my team is just here so we have an even number. Would kind of be a waste to give it a top 3 player when that talent could go to a team competing for the playoffs.

33 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Haha, this season will be a train wreck. 11th in draft, 8th in supplemental for good measure. Figures though, last season I was 5 spots below odds, this season 6.

Just pull an edjr and quit...

5 minutes ago, posty said:

Just pull an edjr and quit...

No, I won't quit and I won't stop setting my lineups. I can't do much, but I won't be one of those guys.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

No, I won't quit and I won't stop setting my lineups. I can't do much, but I won't be one of those guys.

I know you won’t quit….  Just taking a cheap shot at edjr…

15 minutes ago, posty said:

I know you won’t quit….  Just taking a cheap shot at edjr…

No worries, I bitched too much anyway.

I realize I have been doing this awhile but I can’t remember why I can’t see my team on yahoo.   Did I do something wrong or do we need to start the league or something to see them?

12 minutes ago, lambert58 said:

I realize I have been doing this awhile but I can’t remember why I can’t see my team on yahoo.   Did I do something wrong or do we need to start the league or something to see them?

Need to start the league to see it neatly on your team page. In the meantime you can go to Players page and sort by lamberts lamebirds hitters and see all your hitters. Same for pitchers. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

Need to start the league to see it neatly on your team page. In the meantime you can go to Players page and sort by lamberts lamebirds hitters and see all your hitters. Same for pitchers. 

I was more wanting to see the other teams to look at potential trade matches. 

57 minutes ago, lambert58 said:

I was more wanting to see the other teams to look at potential trade matches. 

Well, you can do the same. Go to players and instead of sorting by available, sort by Rays of Sunshine, Mookz masked Os etc. it’s not as neat as just clicking on the teams from the main page but I’d rather finish the supp before starting the league.