WhiteWonder

2023 Draft and Season Discussion

11 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Well, you can do the same. Go to players and instead of sorting by available, sort by Rays of Sunshine, Mookz masked Os etc. it’s not as neat as just clicking on the teams from the main page but I’d rather finish the supp before starting the league. 

I’m good with anything. Just trying to check rosters. 

In the past didn't we just add two scrubs and finish the league then let everyone add/ drop their supp players?

17 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

In the past didn't we just add two scrubs and finish the league then let everyone add/ drop their supp players?

Not sure. But this should work just as well. You can see all available players and all players on each owners team just by sorting 

7 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

bbascom texted me last night and asked the same thing.  Think we've done it both ways but we may (read ME) may have screwed up when completing the draft and starting the league which technically places 2 empty spots on the roster.  Those 27 and 28 round picks.  Like WW says both ways work but this still keeps rosters locked and people can't be making a bunch of changes prior to the the supplemental.

9 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

No...  Maybe when you were doing the entries you did, but when I was doing it, I always waited to start the league after the supplemental was finished...

It isn't that hard to figure out how to see who is on your team and what is available... 

Not a decision I wanted to make.  Would have loved to been just a few spots lower but I'm not complaining about adding 30/30 100/100 potential to my team.
Maybe I have health on my teams and can work trades later too.

Very excited to get my top target though I’ll agree with GB, maybe it would have been nicer to be down a few spots. 

Boarding in 30, then out of action for 14+ hours, just so everyone knows when to stop refreshing the page. 

9 minutes ago, Jim Mora said:

I mean, I'm happy to trade 1.7 straight up for Jose Ramirez or Julio Rodriguez @WhiteWonder @GuardBum, just let me know.

:D  don't get me wrong. Julio is exactly who I wanted. (sorry for jinxing your season, mr. J-Rod). 

More a comment on how much talent there is in the supplemental. 

@RaiderHaters Revenge

just sending out a bat signal for RHR to see if we can get to ZT's 1.8 pick before he boards. 

• Thanks 1

Okay,  ZT sent me a list for his 1.08 pick so we are good :thumbsup:

Surprised how things played out. I was trying to trade to 1.1 to grab Turner. I didn’t think he had a shot to make it to 1.6. 

This  pick just solidifies my infield. Allows me to move Edman to 2nd where he is top 6 at the position. Turner is ranked 1st at SS compared to Edman at 14.    Add in Goldschmidt and Arenado I have a stacked infield with lots of players who can fill in all over the diamond.  

3 guys with 30 plus home run power.  2 guys who can steal 20 plus bases.  Nice. 

30 minutes ago, lambert58 said:

Surprised how things played out. I was trying to trade to 1.1 to grab Turner. I didn’t think he had a shot to make it to 1.6. 

This  pick just solidifies my infield. Allows me to move Edman to 2nd where he is top 6 at the position. Turner is ranked 1st at SS compared to Edman at 14.    Add in Goldschmidt and Arenado I have a stacked infield with lots of players who can fill in all over the diamond.  

3 guys with 30 plus home run power.  2 guys who can steal 20 plus bases.  Nice. 

Just based on the nature of the Geek Homers league, I am not surprised. I don't know everyone's teams but I feel like I know the big time guys everyone has. 

Baltimore - Got Machado for 3rd, putting Henderson at SS
Boston - Got Xander
Tampa - Wander Franco
Toronto - Bichette
San Diego - Tatis... although I did think there was an opportunity for Turner here

.... KC has Witt, Mets have Lindor, Rangers have Seager ....  SS seems very deep. Not that any of these guys will produce what Turner can produce, #1 overall fantasy numbers, I'm just guessing most teams had larger roster needs. Even a Detroit probably had a ton of spots where the upgrade was bigger than upgrading Baez -> Turner.

Of course at some point, someone is going to say "I can place my own SS at Util in order to add this stud".  In a world where 2 of my top 3 hitters are not SS only, I take Turner in a heartbeat. In a world where you DONT draft Arozarena, there is a good chance Corbin Burnes was the 3rd pick. 

That's why I love this league though. Such a chess game. 

With Tatis, Kim, cronenworth, and abrams I really needed an of. Cause I need Tatis to still qualify in the OF

otherwise Turner was the easy pick

wanted Judge, had Tucker no 2 and then Rodriguez 

Can’t pick a Yankee 😂 although that aside, it was a career year. He was the last pick of the supplemental in 2022. 

Would have loved Turner. If I didn’t have Franco and Adames both only qualifying at SS, I take Turner hands down. 

Prefer J-Rods upside to Tucker but otherwise had them pretty equal. 

I sent burt a message on Facebook.   I think he has weird hours sometimes keeping us all safe from 8 foot deep snowstorms. 

11 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I sent burt a message on Facebook.   I think he has weird hours sometimes keeping us all safe from 8 foot deep snowstorms. 

Cool 👍🏼. No rush but surprised we Havnt got any picks in today 

22 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

With Tatis, Kim, cronenworth, and abrams I really needed an of. Cause I need Tatis to still qualify in the OF

otherwise Turner was the easy pick

wanted Judge, had Tucker no 2 and then Rodriguez 

I just tried to message you, but it says you aren't accepting messages - can you shoot me a message?

1 hour ago, Jim Mora said:

I just tried to message you, but it says you aren't accepting messages - can you shoot me a message?

I did but can’t empty my messages on phone so not sure if it works

Guys, I apologize.  My daughter has covid and it appears I have it now, too. Pretty much been in bed since Sunday night.  Let me look around and I'll make my pick.  I also sent cmh my cell number on FB.  I'll be easier for him to contact me that way if I'm still sucking ass when my picks rolls back around.

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Burt said:

Guys, I apologize.  My daughter has covid and it appears I have it now, too. Pretty much been in bed since Sunday night.  Let me look around and I'll make my pick.  I also sent cmh my cell number on FB.  I'll be easier for him to contact me that way if I'm still sucking ass when my picks rolls back around.

Hope you both feel better soon.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, lambert58 said:

Hope you both feel better soon.  

Word up 🙏

Damn it.  Last 2 picks were the 2 guys I've been targeting since this 2nd round began.  Had my fingers crossed and hopes up as they kept inching closer.   Good picks lambert and RHR.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GuardBum said:

Damn it.  Last 2 picks were the 2 guys I've been targeting since this 2nd round began.  Had my fingers crossed and hopes up as they kept inching closer.   Good picks lambert and RHR.

ditto... give me a few to ponder

Don't love it. Thought about a riskier pick with more upside but went with the "safer" option

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Don't love it. Thought about a riskier pick with more upside but went with the "safer" option

Gallen.  Yeah on my short list too and about how I felt about Severino.  Just thought as a (f-ing) Yankee the wins and run support would be easier to come by.  And if he's truly healthy then he's been in the Cy Young talk only a few years ago and he just entering his prime age.

1 hour ago, GuardBum said:

Thanks.   I was surprised he made it to me.  Only 25.  Last 2 years had 20 & 17 wins.   High powered offense.   What’s not to like? 

53 minutes ago, lambert58 said:

Thanks.   I was surprised he made it to me.  Only 25.  Last 2 years had 20 & 17 wins.   High powered offense.   What’s not to like? 

I couldn’t take a dodger so I rolled with Javier 

Sorry guys, that was a yoogly tough choice for me.  😞

All good.  Think WhiteWonder almost has everything loaded too where he can start season and everyone can start loading and messing with their rosters tomorrow.

Shout out to everyone.  That was one of the smoothest season drafts we've had ever!!!

2 hours ago, GuardBum said:

Gallen.  Yeah on my short list too and about how I felt about Severino.  Just thought as a (f-ing) Yankee the wins and run support would be easier to come by.  And if he's truly healthy then he's been in the Cy Young talk only a few years ago and he just entering his prime age.

After Urias and Javier were picked, my list was down to Gallen, Gilbert and the risky but maybe higher upside pick once he comes back… Rodon. 

Almost went with Rodon but I’ve already got Glasnow set to miss 3-4 rotation turns. 

25 minutes ago, GuardBum said:

Shout out to everyone.  That was one of the smoothest season drafts we've had ever!!!

It is amazing when you get rid of idiots like me...

31 minutes ago, GuardBum said:

All good.  Think WhiteWonder almost has everything loaded too where he can start season and everyone can start loading and messing with their rosters tomorrow.

Everything is loaded and good to go.

Tinker away :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

After Urias and Javier were picked, my list was down to Gallen, Gilbert and the risky but maybe higher upside pick once he comes back… Rodon. 

Almost went with Rodon but I’ve already got Glasnow set to miss 3-4 rotation turns. 

That's exactly what I was agonizing over.  Will be interesting to see how things go for him in the first half.