WhiteWonder

2023 Draft and Season Discussion

yeah Rodon also side by side with Severino for me. Gallen and Gilbert I really didn't want.  nor McKenzie.  I'd have thought about Webb but the lack of dominance with him turns me off reaching for a SP1/2

4 minutes ago, GuardBum said:

yeah Rodon also side by side with Severino for me. Gallen and Gilbert I really didn't want.  nor McKenzie.  I'd have thought about Webb but the lack of dominance with him turns me off reaching for a SP1/2

Yup, after deciding not to go Rodon, everyone else felt more like All-Star break supplemental-level quality, so I just tried to go with the safest bet for solid stats.

This may be the first time in our leagues history.  Nobody from the royals was taken by any other owner.   I have everyone available to be on our big league 25.  That has to be a first. 

1 hour ago, Mookz said:

Yup, after deciding not to go Rodon, everyone else felt more like All-Star break supplemental-level quality, so I just tried to go with the safest bet for solid stats.

At the end of the day I felt like he has had 2 good seasons, forearm issues scare me and he’s a Yankee. Maybe Gallen can build off last season and maybe Arizona can be just a tad bit better. 

if he misses 3 starts, returns and dominates as the strikeout pitcher he has been, we will all lament it haha. 

42 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

This may be the first time in our leagues history.  Nobody from the royals was taken by any other owner.   I have everyone available to be on our big league 25.  That has to be a first. 

No one took players from the Jasper, Indiana little league either.   draw your own conclusion on the relevancy…😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lambert58 said:

No one took players from the Jasper, Indiana little league either.   draw your own conclusion on the relevancy…😂

It wasn't a brag :mad:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

You may be right.  There's only one current Oriole that I don't have access to this year, and that's Bryan Baker.  The Os are loaded with exclusives, and the non-exclusives aren't highly sought-after.  The top two may be Mateo and Kyle Gibson.

I would have grabbed Lyles if he'd lasted long enough.  Starting pitchers with a pulse will always be welcome on my team.  :D

Outside of Randy (I shed a tear watching him make that catch and pose in the WBC), I believe I have all the Rays. Someone may have grabbed a random relief pitcher. Shawn Armstrong. 

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Now that I think about it, no one from the Cardinals were drafted by another team.   My entire iF and OF are exclusive.  Contrères is exclusive.  I made a priority to target Cardinals starting pitchers and grabbed all the starters. All the prominent relievers are exclusive.  🤷‍♂️

That should tell you something right there…

36 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Outside of Randy (I shed a tear watching him make that catch and pose in the WBC), I believe I have all the Rays. Someone may have grabbed a random relief pitcher. Shawn Armstrong. 

My secret weapon. :ninja:

Poor Kolten Wong. I feel like he is Lambets trade b*tch every season :lol:

2 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Poor Kolten Wong. I feel like he is Lambets trade b*tch every season :lol:

😂

One supplemental pick injured. Wonder what team will get the 'Red Cross Rangers' award this year? :lol:

(not me, yet. Severino is the injured player) .... although Franco is already going for a quad MRI :wall:

On 3/26/2023 at 11:36 AM, WhiteWonder said:

One supplemental pick injured. Wonder what team will get the 'Red Cross Rangers' award this year? :lol:

(not me, yet. Severino is the injured player) .... although Franco is already going for a quad MRI :wall:

Carlos Rodón (elbow) threw a 30-pitch bullpen session on Monday.

Rodón will open the regular season on the injured list, but is making steady progress in his recovery from a mild left elbow strain, and is aiming to return sometime in mid-to-late April.

<_<

Triston McKenzie is likely to miss up to eight weeks after being diagnosed Monday with a strain of the teres major muscle in his right shoulder.

Got lucky in dodging this one.  If you had asked me why I took Logan Webb over McKenzie (the two were basically ranked the same), I would have said "I don't know."  :dunno:  Webb has basically been good for one more year.

On 3/26/2023 at 10:36 AM, WhiteWonder said:

(not me, yet. Severino is the injured player) .... 

I figured there could be a start or 2 but a month maybe?  Was not expecting that when I picked him.

:cheers:

First day of the season and we might already have the winner for play of the year with Hunter Renfroe's no-look catch. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZeroTolerance said:

First day of the season and we might already have the winner for play of the year with Hunter Renfroe's no-look catch. 

:shocking:

• Like 1

Taking Screenshot of standings now 😂 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Taking Screenshot of standings now 😂 

Should the Rays run the table, you will be tough to beat. 🤔

2 hours ago, Mookz said:

Should the Rays run the table, you will be tough to beat. 🤔

They will have to play a good team some time...  Can't play the bottom feeders in last place (like they have been) all year...

Yankees manager Aaron Boone said Tuesday during an appearance on the Talkin' Yanks podcast that Carlos Rodón (elbow) is also dealing with back tightness.

Boone elaborated that Rodón's rehabilitation process will be delayed by at least a few days due to the issue. The 30-year-old southpaw was expected to face hitters this week as he continues to work his way back from a mild left elbow strain. There should be an update on his status sometime later this week once he resumes throwing again. It's starting to look like he won't return until early May in a best-case scenario.

Hmm, still inconclusive. 🤔

So far Webb has sucked ###### though. 🤨

On 4/11/2023 at 1:08 PM, posty said:

They will have to play a good team some time...  Can't play the bottom feeders in last place (like they have been) all year...

This is true but…

1. at the start of a season you never know what expected bottom feeders are going to overachieve (pirates for example)

2. Even when you play supposed bottom feeders, you expect to win every series… not necessarily every game. In my mind the Rays should have expected to be 8-3 ish?

Interesting take from Twitter. 

• Haha 1

Yankees manager Aaron Boone told reporters that Carlos Rodón played catch before Sunday's game against the Blue Jays.
Boone also said that the plan is for the 30-year-old to continue his throwing program before moving to the next step, which is throwing a bullpen session. Rodón experienced back soreness earlier this month after missing the beginning of the season with a forearm strain. He is expected to return to the Yankees rotation sometime in May.

<_<

19 hours ago, Mookz said:

Yankees manager Aaron Boone told reporters that Carlos Rodón played catch before Sunday's game against the Blue Jays.
Boone also said that the plan is for the 30-year-old to continue his throwing program before moving to the next step, which is throwing a bullpen session. Rodón experienced back soreness earlier this month after missing the beginning of the season with a forearm strain. He is expected to return to the Yankees rotation sometime in May.

<_<

Yanks taking their sweet ass time with their injured starting pitchers. Severino also just started live batters last week and then will go to a minor league rehab assignment before joining rotation.

Losing Springs for the year.... hurts. Not just because he was my 3rd round pick but because he was off to an even better start than I anticipated. The real Rays can probably withstand the loss but the fantasy Rays don't need this crap :lol:

Hopefully when Glasnow gets back, he can stay on the damn mound. 

Some guy named Easton McGee (sounds like a name from Ken Griffey baseball on super nintendo) apparently pitched for the Rays last year and got a start with Seattle the other day. I added him to my watch list and he immediately goes on the IL with a forearm issue :lol:

:doh:

• Sad 1

Carlos Rodón (back) is scheduled to undergo additional testing on Thursday.
Not good. Rodón has been dealing with a back issue for several weeks and simply hasn't been able to put it behind him. The 30-year-old southpaw has undergone several tests already, including a pair of CT scans, which both came back clean. It's unclear whether he's dealing with sometime more serious, but back issues can be extremely difficult matters. There is no timetable for his return at the moment.

Those of us who passed on him in the supplemental are starting to feel slightly vindicated. 🤔

For sure. Gallen has been more than I expected after his rocky spring training. Very happy I passed on Rodon. 

On 5/6/2023 at 6:37 PM, WhiteWonder said:

For sure. Gallen has been more than I expected after his rocky spring training. Very happy I passed on Rodon. 

Webb has turned it around lately too. :thumbsup:

I am fighting for the crown on the worst supplemental pick too I think. Jose Abreu has been down right awful this year. No home runs up to this point still.

This is his Yahoo stat line: 

29/130

Ugh!