Sign in to follow this  
Strike

Wokeness - Is editing classic children's books going too far?

Beat the firewall: https://archive.is/iArSh

Not surprised, sadly.

The children and teen publishing market is especially grim and woke right now. Dahl may never be published in the first place and many new authors self censor or never get a start. When things in copyright fall into the woke hands of Hollywood, expect more of this. 

22 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I was at the Grammy museum today at LA Live. In the bookstore there was a children’s book: The Hips on the Drag Queen Go Swish Swish Swish 

https://www.amazon.com/Hips-Drag-Queen-Go-Swish-ebook/dp/B07XDNJB14

I think it’s pretty awesome but I’m guessing some here might have a problem with it. 

Would not expect anything less from someone who was a big fan of Roman Polanski having sex with young children. 

Look, Russia will nuke the planet to stop this.  Russia believes the decent human beings in the West are now fully subservient and will not fight this besides casual complaining on the internet.  So, its the nuclear option.  It is what it is.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Look, Russia will nuke the planet to stop this.  Russia believes the decent human beings in the West are now fully subservient and will not fight this besides casual complaining on the internet.  So, its the nuclear option.  It is what it is.

So not only will the Russians nuke us, but they will do it because our children’s literature has become too woke? 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

I was at the Grammy museum today at LA Live. In the bookstore there was a children’s book: The Hips on the Drag Queen Go Swish Swish Swish 

https://www.amazon.com/Hips-Drag-Queen-Go-Swish-ebook/dp/B07XDNJB14

I think it’s pretty awesome but I’m guessing some here might have a problem with it. 

You shouldn’t be allowed around children. I wouldn’t let you. 

11 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Even if my family is wiped out in nuclear Armageddon, there is some comfort in knowing that James and the Giant Peach will survive intact.

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Et tu, Brutus? 

You are being a troll.  Grown ass men dressing as women is a sexual fetish suited for seeded night clubs, not kindergarten.  Why not have sado-masochism children's books to celebrate their sexual fetish.  Bring in the strippers and hookers.  It is a sickness to want to expose children to sexual perversions. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

So not only will the Russians nuke us, but they will do it because our children’s literature has become too woke? 

thats the entire point of the war, yes.  Putin has been delivering speeches for over a decade denouncing the west as satanic and that it must be destroyed.  did you hear his speech on september 30th, 2022?  There is no path to victory for the West.  Either Putin wins, or he blows up the planet.  Russia has been saying this for quite some time.  and they mean it. 

Russia figures Biden is a total coward and will kneel at the end, tho.  But if not, eff it.  Death of all life on Earth is a vastly and i mean VASTLY superior option to what liberalism is doing in the eyes of Russia. 

Just now, jonmx said:

You are being a troll.  Grown ass men dressing as women is a sexual fetish suited for seeded night clubs, not kindergarten.  Why not have sado-masochism children's books to celebrate their sexual fetish.  Bring in the strippers and hookers.  It is a sickness to want to expose children to sexual perversions. 

I don’t agree with you. Drag queens are normal, and should be treated with dignity and respect including by children. There is nothing sexual about this book, and nothing dangerous about exposing drag queens to children. I think you’re wrong about this. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

I don’t agree with you. Drag queens are normal, and should be treated with dignity and respect including by children. There is nothing sexual about this book, and nothing dangerous about exposing drag queens to children. I think you’re wrong about this. 

Putin would say you are diseased and will drop a nuke on your head.

3 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

thats the entire point of the war, yes.  Putin has been delivering speeches for over a decade denouncing the west as satanic and that it must be destroyed.  did you hear his speech on september 30th, 2022?  There is no path to victory for the West.  Either Putin wins, or he blows up the planet.  Russia has been saying this for quite some time.  and they mean it. 

Putin is a vile human being but I don’t think he’s insane. You on the other hand…

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

You coukd say the same about S&M.  It is no different. Bring in the leather and whips and handcuffs.  It is a sexual fetish.  It is a sexual turn on for these men to masquerade as women.   They are not transexuals. There is nothing normal about it.  

The Bible clearly speaks out against LBGTQ+  Jesus spoke out against LBGTQ+.

The issue is that the foundation of the family unit, reproduction and marriage exists to provide a stable environment to raise children.  LBGTQ+ issues are absolutely DEMONIC in the eyes of God because they make a joke of all of that and turn it into a chase for selfish pleasures. 

If LBGTQ+ supporters were all about enhancing the family unit, enhancing marriage, enhancing the raising of children, I think you could make some headway in the eyes of Russia. But that's not what LBGTQ+ are doing.  They just outright saying they want to do what makes them happy and screw people who disagree.  That is OPENLY satanic.  Yeah, THAT stance will push Russia to invade Ukraine, and then Europe and keep going until the West falls or they need to nuke.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Putin is a vile human being but I don’t think he’s insane. You on the other hand…

You dont get a vote. Arguing with me about this also does nothing.

Putin is judge, jury and executioner.  Take it up with him.

You could waste hours here and convince every single poster in this forum you are right.  Doesnt change a thing.  Putin will still either win or nuke.

it is pretty impressive though.  the West TOTALLY turns against Christianity and pretty much immediately Putin shows up ready to nuke it all. Almost like he is the right hand of God himself.

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

it is pretty impressive though.  the West TOTALLY turns against Christianity and pretty much immediately Putin shows up ready to nuke it all. Almost like he is the right hand of God himself.

This is beyond crazy. But please link where Jesus spoke out against LBGTQ+. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

Link? 

Matthew 10:14-15

Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on Judgment Day than for that town.”

Matthew 11:23

“And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works had been done in Sodom which was done in thee, it would have remained until this day. But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment than for thee.”

Both of these cities were destroyed by God because they were wicked (Genesis 18:20-19:29). We also know that their wickedness was so great that no human could even begin to understand how evil it was (Genesis 19:12)

8 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

The Bible clearly speaks out against LBGTQ+  Jesus spoke out against LBGTQ+.

The issue is that the foundation of the family unit, reproduction and marriage exists to provide a stable environment to raise children.  LBGTQ+ issues are absolutely DEMONIC in the eyes of God because they make a joke of all of that and turn it into a chase for selfish pleasures. 

If LBGTQ+ supporters were all about enhancing the family unit, enhancing marriage, enhancing the raising of children, I think you could make some headway in the eyes of Russia. But that's not what LBGTQ+ are doing.  They just outright saying they want to do what makes them happy and screw people who disagree.  That is OPENLY satanic.  Yeah, THAT stance will push Russia to invade Ukraine, and then Europe and keep going until the West falls or they need to nuke.

Sounds like the LBGTQ have Ayn Rand philosophy.

Just now, JustinCharge said:

Matthew 10:14-15

Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on Judgment Day than for that town.”

Matthew 11:23

“And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works had been done in Sodom which was done in thee, it would have remained until this day. But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment than for thee.”

Both of these cities were destroyed by God because they were wicked (Genesis 18:20-19:29). We also know that their wickedness was so great that no human could even begin to understand how evil it was (Genesis 19:12)

Sodom was wicked, per the Bible, for all sorts of reasons: gambling and free sex, debauchery and slavery, child abuse, rape and murder. There’s no indication that Jesus was specifically referring to homosexuality in reference to Sodom. In fact Jesus never once mentions homosexuality in any of the Gospels. 

its really obvious tim that you never read the bible, you dont pay attention to what putin has been saying.  you know nothing but what the msm tells you.  you need to step back, get educated, and rethink your life.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

its really obvious tim that you never read the bible, you dont pay attention to what putin has been saying.  you know nothing but what the msm tells you.  you need to step back, get educated, and rethink your life.

OK sure. Jesus clearly condemns the gays (even though he never mentions them) and God through Putin is going to punish us for tolerating homosexuality by causing a nuclear war. 

If that’s what your “education” is telling you, I’d rather be uneducated. Besides what difference does it make? Why do I need to rethink my life if I’m going to die anyway? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Strike said:

@The Real timschochet You started the following thread the other day:

Then you come in here and troll up mine?  Fock off.

Unbelievable. I ran into a book today and when I read your thread it was the first thing I thought of, so I posted about it and some folks responded to me. You attack me for that but ignore the guy who predicts Putin is going to nuke us as God’s punishment for loving the gay. So typical of you, What bullsh!t. Fock off yourself. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

This is beyond crazy. But please link where Jesus spoke out against LBGTQ+. 

Leviticus 20

“If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense.

BTW, I don't agree with any of this, you asked. 

4 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

LGBTQ is wicked for all sorts of reasons: free sex, debauchery and slavery, child abuse, rape and sex trafficking.

You nailed it.

42 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Leviticus 20

“If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense.

That wasn't Jesus, dummy.

3 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Unbelievable. I ran into a book today and when I read your thread it was the first thing I thought of, so I posted about it and some folks responded to me. You attack me for that but ignore the guy who predicts Putin is going to nuke us as God’s punishment for loving the gay. So typical of you, What bullsh!t. Fock off yourself. 

Justin's nonchalant posts about nuclear war and Chargers' pending dominance have been a regular presences for a very long time now but you'll notice that he's had trouble convincing anyone. Now, 'Putin as the right hand of God' is new material found only this thread, as far as I can tell.  Maybe, when I try to convince him that a nuclear bomb dropped on your diseased heads is a bit excessive; I'll push for a targeted drone strike instead.  ;) (just kidding, sorry, couldn't help myself). 

But the point is that we're use to this from Justin. To me there is a slim, but not insignificant, chance that Putin would use nuclear weapons. If he does so, Putin would justify it with the logic Justin has outlined : moral degeneracy in the west. Before the war, Vladimir Putin has said some rather poignant and observant things about the west and western culture that disturb him and this toxic LGBTQ stuff was prominent. While Justin thinks there is a near certainty that this disturbs Putin enough to attack, speaking for myself, I think there is a non-zero, a scary 5-7% chance that he does. He's made the threats and I don't know what level of unhinged or desperation he'd need to be at to actually do something. He's an isolated melomaniac and may actually believe his own propaganda.

At any rate, we're use to this from Justin.

The Hips on the Drag Queen Go Swish Swish Swish, on the other hand, is a juicy new wrinkle added to an older debate that we actually get excited talking about. So that's the reason for the double standard. Also, in tossing it out there, you've hijacked a possibly fine thread about Roald Dahl's book and PC censorship in children's literature.

5 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

im having a rational discussion.  you are the one attacking people, destroying conversation and calling them insane, cursing and swearing.  so that whole thread where you ask if we want debate here is exposed as a lie.  you want to shame and silence people.  you dont want to hear opposing views.

15 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Justin's nonchalant posts about nuclear war and Chargers' pending dominance have been a regular presences for a very long time now but you'll notice that he's had trouble convincing anyone. Now, 'Putin as the right hand of God' is new material found only this thread, as far as I can tell.  Maybe, when I try to convince him that a nuclear bomb dropped on your diseased heads is a bit excessive; I'll push for a targeted drone strike instead.  ;) (just kidding, sorry, couldn't help myself). 

But the point is that we're use to this from Justin. To me there is a slim, but not insignificant, chance that Putin would use nuclear weapons. If he does so, Putin would justify it with the logic Justin has outlined : moral degeneracy in the west. Before the war, Vladimir Putin has said some rather poignant and observant things about the west and western culture that disturb him and this toxic LGBTQ stuff was prominent. While Justin thinks there is a near certainty that this disturbs Putin enough to attack, speaking for myself, I think there is a non-zero, a scary 5-7% chance that he does. He's made the threats and I don't know what level of unhinged or desperation he'd need to be at to actually do something. He's an isolated melomaniac and may actually believe his own propaganda.

At any rate, we're use to this from Justin.

The Hips on the Drag Queen Go Swish Swish Swish, on the other hand, is a juicy new wrinkle added to an older debate that we actually get excited talking about. So that's the reason for the double standard. Also, in tossing it out there, you've hijacked a possibly fine thread about Roald Dahl's book and PC censorship in children's literature.

Not my intent to hijack and in any event I can’t, Anyone can post about whatever. 

Any liberal or leftist who tries to censor Roald Dahl or any other writer, in part or whole, is wrongheaded and misguided. Like yourself I’ve been a lifelong huge fan of Dahl’s writing, though my understanding is that he was a wretched person, an anti-Semite and worse. But great artists often turn out to be rotten people. 

2 hours ago, League Champion said:

Leviticus 20

Thank you but I asked about Jesus. 

5 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

the future is not woke.  its a nuclear hellscape.

I grew up a half mile north of Eight Mile Road, with a front row ticket just outside of the city limits of Coleman Young era Detroit. They're the same thing.

6 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Interesting to define as normal matters several standard deviations from the norm.  No question the behavior is a predicably reoccuring and constant occurance, but normal, I don't know.  I also don't know what word I would use to characterize it, so my vocabulary seems to fail me this morning.  Perhaps after some coffee I will come up with the approproately discriptive word.