weepaws

Bible

Proverbs 3:5 & Proverbs 3:7.  

God bless. 

• Like 1

And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, "How unlikely it is that those who worship riches will enter the kingdom of God!"

And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, "Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God! It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

The Liberals then fled from the scene to plot with Herod's people against Jesus, and plan how they might destroy him.

Thank you Jesus.  

• Like 1

Yes. The greatest story ever told. 

Too bad it has ruined the lives of many who take it too literally. 
Instead of living ones life by the Bible, try living ones life by "The Golden Rule. "
I promise a much better outcome for society in general. 

carry on

2 hours ago, League Champion said:

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

Adjusted for inflation, what $ amount would it take for Jesus to consider one rich in 2023 ? 

How about a weekly Bible study thread that you lead? I'm on board.

• Haha 1

It's been a great last couple of weeks at church.  The sermons have been spot on.  Who is Jesus?  Mix in a little CS Lewis.  Is He a Liar, Lunatic, or Lord?

1 hour ago, SUXBNME said:

Yes. The greatest story ever told. 

Too bad it has ruined the lives of many who take it too literally. 
Instead of living ones life by the Bible, try living ones life by "The Golden Rule. "
I promise a much better outcome for society in general. 

carry on

Matthew 7/12.  Living ones life by the Bible it’s righteous.  

God bless.  

14 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

It's been a great last couple of weeks at church.  The sermons have been spot on.  Who is Jesus?  Mix in a little CS Lewis.  Is He a Liar, Lunatic, or Lord?

Amen.  Love listening to CS Lewis.  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Amen.  Love listening to CS Lewis.  

Are you on board with Bible study or not?

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Are you on board with Bible study or not?

Looks like you’re already in one.  

So study Proverbs 3:5 & 3:7.  And Matthew 7/12, and one more , 1 Corinthians 6:19-20.  Most people you don’t know and even a lot of those that do read the Bible don’t understand that we are bought with a price.  Also look at Romans 6:23. 

Enjoy.   

God bless. 

Well, since you brought it up.

Here's what made Joe Bryant's board lose their freaking minds a few years ago.

1. Repeatedly, throughout both the Old and New testaments but especially the new testament, Jesus and his dad constantly remind us to have the faith of a child.

2. God adores children above All else. Above All else.

3. Moses allegedly came down from the mountain to announce the 10 most important things you could do or not do to ensure salvation. The most important things allegedly from God himself. Which is the only time that God has manifested his word (other than your views on Jesus christ.)

4. Now, bear in mind that Moses not only had a speech impediment, but he was losing the crowd big time. That's just historical fact. And he suddenly comes back with the 15 I mean 10 commandments and most of them had to do with crowd control.

5. Now you can go ahead and skip number four if you want to. But the 10 most important things that God himself saw as what he needed to communicate with humanity for all of eternity?

6. Not a God damn word about raping your daughter or beating your sons. Not a word. Not even one you could sort of back your way into.

But four f****** commandments that said glorify & worship your/Moses' God in various ways.

And literally, God forbid you covet your neighbor's lawn mower, but it's okay to ass rape your infant daughter?  

"But but, historical context!" 😱

Really? Because didn't you just get done telling me it's the LITERAL word of god? 

God dang man. Wake up. 

I was trained by the Jesuits. They're the intellectual Green berets of ecumenical studies. They firmly and repeatedly drill into you that Blind Faith is no faith whatsoever. 

Damn. Love god. Praise god. Beseech god.  but fer fucksake, that Bible has been so edited rejected, compromised, Lost in translation and religious political doctrine as to be absolutely worthless as a literal doctrine. 

I never get tired of individuals that fling hate around like a tennis ball, calling gigantic groups of people dehumanizing things, putting all the world's problems squarely at that group's feet, then quoting the Bible.

Hint: if you act like that and call yourself a Christian, you are to be immediately dismissed, chastised, and mocked. You are the problem. You.

49 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

6. Not a God damn word about raping your daughter or beating your sons. Not a word. Not even one you could sort of back your way into.

And literally, God forbid you covet your neighbor's lawn mower, but it's okay to ass rape your infant daughter?  

I was trained by the Jesuits. They're the intellectual Green berets of ecumenical studies. They firmly and repeatedly drill into you that Blind Faith is no faith whatsoever. 

Not too difficult to find. 

Leviticus 18:6
None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him,.... Or to all "the rest of his flesh" (t), which together with his make one flesh, who are of the same flesh and blood with him, and are united together in the bonds of consanguinity; and such, with respect to a man, are his mother, sister, and daughter; his mother, of whom he was born, his sister, who lay in and sprung from the same "venter" he did, and his daughter, who is his own flesh; and with respect to a woman, her father brother, and son, who are in the same degree of relation, and both sexes are included in this prohibition; for though in the original text it is "a man, a man" (u), yet as it takes in every man, so every woman: hence, as Jarchi observes, it is expressed in the plural number, "do not ye approach", to caution both male and female; and it is also understood by the Talmudists (w) of Gentiles as well as Israelites, for they ask, what is the meaning of the phrase "a man, a man?" the design of it is, they say, to comprehend the Gentiles, who are equally cautioned against incests as the Israelites; and indeed the inhabitants of the land of Canaan are said to defile the land with the incests and other abominations hereafter mentioned, and for which they were driven out of it: now when man and woman are forbidden to "approach" to those of the same flesh and blood with them, the sense is not that they may not come into each other's company, or make use of any civil or friendly salutations, or have a free and familiar conversation with each other, provided that modesty and chastity be preserved; but they are not so to draw near as to lie with, or have carnal knowledge of one another, in which sense the phrase is used, Gen_20:4; or to tempt to it or solicit it, and as it follows, which explains the meaning of it:

to uncover their nakedness; that is, those parts, which, by a contrary way of speaking, are so called, which should never be naked or exposed to view; but should be always covered, as nature teaches to do, and as our first parents did, when they perceived themselves naked, and were ashamed, Gen_3:7, this phrase signifies the same as to lie with another, or have carnal knowledge of them, wherefore the following laws are generally understood of incestuous marriages; for if such an action is not to be done between persons standing in such a relation, as here in general, and afterwards more particularly described, then there ought to be no intermarriages between them; and if such marriages are forbidden, and such actions unlawful in a married state, then much more in an unmarried one; wherefore the several following instances are so many breaches of the seventh command, Exo_20:14, and so many explications and illustrations of it, and consequently of a moral nature, and binding upon all men, Jews and Gentiles:

I am the Lord; that gave this caution, and enjoined this prohibition, and would greatly resent and severely revenge the neglect of it: the particulars follow.
(t) אל כל שאר בשרו "ad omnes reliquias carnis suae", Montanus; "ad quascunque reliquias carnis suae", Tigurine version. (u) איש איש "vir, vir", Montanus, Vatablus, Drusius. (w) T. Bab. Sanhedrim, fol. 57. 2. T. Hieros. Kiddushin, fol. 58. 2, 3.

10 minutes ago, Fnord said:

I never get tired of individuals that fling hate around like a tennis ball, calling gigantic groups of people dehumanizing things, putting all the world's problems squarely at that group's feet, then quoting the Bible.

Hint: if you act like that and call yourself a Christian, you are to be immediately dismissed, chastised, and mocked. You are the problem. You.

Does that include those that throw hate at Christians, mmm you know like killing them because of their faith in Jesus! Does that count? 

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

1. Repeatedly, throughout both the Old and New testaments but especially the new testament, Jesus and his dad constantly remind us to have the faith of a child.

3. Moses allegedly came down from the mountain to announce the 10 most important things you could do or not do pure salvation. The most important things to God himself. Which is the only time that God has manifested his word other than your views on Jesus christ.

4. Now, bear in mind that Moses not only had a speech impediment, but he was losing the crowd big time. That's just historical fact. And it's only comes back with the 15 I mean 10 commandments and mustard had to do with crowd control.

5. Now you can go ahead and skip number four if you want to. But the 10 most important things that God himself saw as what he needed to communicate with humanity for all of eternity?

But four f****** commandments that said glorify & worship your/Moses' God in various ways.

Really? Because didn't you just get done telling me it's the literal word of god? 

God dang man. Wake up. 

Damn. Love god. Praise god. Beseech god.  but fer fucksake, that Bible has been so edited rejected, compromised, Lost in translation and religious political doctrine as to be absolutely worthless as a literal doctrine. 

God the Father, we are His creation, God is the Father, we are the children, and he does love us, His son Jesus died for the sins of the world. 

Don’t murder, look at Ephesians 4:31-32, along with all malice.  

God bless. 

Just now, weepaws said:

Does that include those that throw hate at Christians, mmm you know like killing them because of their faith in Jesus! Does that count? 

Hate is wrong. I'm making a point about the behavior I see from a lot of so-called Christians. That is all. Don't act like I'm trying to start a jihad.

Just now, Fnord said:

Hate is wrong. I'm making a point about the behavior I see from a lot of so-called Christians. That is all. Don't act like I'm trying to start a jihad.

There's no Christians where you live, it's all Antifa. 

3 minutes ago, League Champion said:

There's no Christians where you live

Minnesota? What Utah is to Mormons, we are to Lutherans. 

Just now, Fnord said:

Minnesota? What Utah is to Mormons, we are to Lutherans. 

Ohhh you're in Minnesota. That's the BLM State. 

Come down to South Carolina, I'll show you some real bible bangers 😊 

42 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Sort of like all the virtue signalers. Seems there are so many people FOS 

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

3. Moses allegedly came down from the mountain to announce the 10 most important things you could do or not do pure salvation. The most important things to God himself. Which is the only time that God has manifested his word other than your views on Jesus christ.

4. Now, bear in mind that Moses not only had a speech impediment, but he was losing the crowd big time. That's just historical fact. And it's only comes back with the 15 I mean 10 commandments and mustard had to do with crowd control.

Really? Because didn't you just get done telling me it's the literal word of god? 

God dang man. Wake up. 

The punishment for rape is death. Deuteronomy 22:25-27

3 hours ago, Fnord said:

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

2 hours ago, Fnord said:

Sounds like you’re the one that’s tossing around some hate, I just asked you a question, my question made you feel attacked. 

Accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, and repent from your sins, I’m sure like all non believers you find that to be hate speech.  

God bless. 

Check out Matthew 6:20.  

God bless.  

On 2/27/2023 at 1:40 PM, League Champion said:
15 Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the realm of the dead, for evil finds lodging among them.

Motel 666?

20 hours ago, Gepetto said:

The punishment for rape is death. Deuteronomy 22:25-27

What about date rape?

Asking for a cosby.

And don't get me started on the whole "I bring a NEW covenant from god!"

Really? You mean the same God who can see as far into the future as the East is from the west? He had to completely rip up the old contract and write a new one?

25 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

And don't get me started on the whole "I bring a NEW covenant from god!"

Really? You mean the same God who can see as far into the future as the East is from the west? He had to completely rip up the old contract and write a new one?

Thank you Jesus.  

Psalm 34:11.  Psalm 53:1  

Amen. 

On 2/27/2023 at 4:17 PM, wiffleball said:

that Bible has been so edited rejected, compromised, Lost in translation and religious political doctrine as to be absolutely worthless as a literal doctrine. 

Got any proof of this?

The more old Bibles they dig up, the more we learn the Bible has remained the same for centuries. Until the printing press, scribes copied the Bible word for word for generations, fully believing it to be the word of God. For what you say to be true, there had to have been a conference to decide the new wording of the Bible, and then they'd have to put a stop to the old scribe work, burn all the old Bibles, and fill the world with the new ones. If this happened multiple times over the past 2,000 years, we'd have multitudes of Bibles saying different things depending upon the era in which they were written.

But we don't. We can identify Bible verses from parchments dug up from any point in history, because it hasn't changed.

1 minute ago, TK0001 said:

Got any proof of this?

The more old Bibles they dig up, the more we learn the Bible has remained the same for centuries. Until the printing press, scribes copied the Bible word for word for generations, fully believing it to be the word of God. For what you say to be true, there had to have been a conference to decide the new wording of the Bible, and then they'd have to put a stop to the old scribe work, burn all the old Bibles, and fill the world with the new ones. If this happened multiple times over the past 2,000 years, we'd have multitudes of Bibles saying different things depending upon the era in which they were written.

But we don't. We can identify Bible verses from parchments dug up from any point in history, because it hasn't changed.

Amen.  

1 hour ago, TK0001 said:

Got any proof of this?

who the f*** has been feeding you the kool-aid? 

Do you realize in the time before gutenberg, translators used to write in the margins of the Bible or what they considered to be sacred texts. And it was their own translation/commentary.  For example the Virgin Mary was never a God damn virgin. The word for Virgin in Aramaic is the same as the word for "young maiden."

And if you think it's the literal word of god? Let's rock; Why are there four gospels and why do so many key elements only appear in one version and not the other three? 

Pretty f****** simple. When you have four different witnesses and some of them had never even MET jesus? Couldn't pick him out of a f****** lineup? And you say that's the literal word of god? Seriously, you don't have to be a liturgical genius to figure this one out.  Ever play the pass along game?

F*** I care? I pray everyday. And I believe in the teachings of Christ and existence of god. If you want to use God damn Hogwarts as your rule book for life, what the hell do I care?

Just now, wiffleball said:

who the f*** has been feeding you the kool-aid? 

Do you realize in the time before gutenberg, translators used to write in the margins of the Bible or what they considered to be sacred texts. And it was their own translation/commentary.  For example the Virgin Mary was never a God damn virgin. The word for Virgin in Aryan is the same as the word for "young maiden."

And if you think it's the literal word of god? Let's rock; Why are there four gospels and why do so many key elements only appear in one version and not the other three? 

Pretty f****** simple. When you have four different witnesses and some of them had never even MET jesus? Couldn't pick him out of a f****** lineup? And you say that's the literal word of god? Seriously, you don't have to be a liturgical genius to figure this one out.  Ever play the pass along game?

F*** I care? I pray everyday. And I believe in the teachings of Christ and existence of god. If you want to use God damn Hogwarts as your rule book for life, what the hell do I care?

Any chance you can do anything other than spew like a child? When you make a claim, you should be able to back it up. Do you have evidence that the Bible has been altered in any meaningful way whatsoever?

Have you ever heard of the Dead Sea Scrolls? Found in 1947, among them was the book of Isaac dated 125 BC. And it has no relevant changes to current Bibles.

Again, it's been copied continuously for millennia. At what point did "they" put on the brakes and decide a rewrite was in order? How did "they" manage to eliminate all the other instances of the Bible so there was only one version?

17 minutes ago, TK0001 said:

Got any proof of this?

Well, you're a f****** idiot. I mean seriously, I thought you were kidding for a minute. You're right there wasn't a conference, officially was called a council.  In fact, there were multiple councils of Nicea. 

You know what they did? I mean it's God damn documented. It's not debated. It's God damn  historical fact; these kids decided what should and should not be in the Bible and what should and should not be interpreted in whatever way there's appropriate for the their time and they're collected congregations. You do realize that they were multiple Christian churches back in the day? Right?  And by churches, I don't mean buildings or congregations, I mean entirely different concepts of the biblical word of christ. In fact, the Bible wasn't canonized until the 5th f****** century. You Dolt. 

And Wiffleball for the gold.

This is why people think Christians are stupid. Because most of them are. You want proof? Televangelists. Jesus, Joel Osteen makes the Vatican look like mother teresa.

God damn man. If you're going to embrace Christ educate yourself. At least do that. Like I said from the jump, Blind Faith,  stupid faith is no faith whatsoever