Sign in to follow this  
DocNiner

QB's go 1& 2 in '23 Draft?

Yes, I think it's possible. Lots of talk about Chicago trading out of the #1 spot. Here's how I see it. Chicago trades with Indy and moves back to #4. Colts take QB Bryce Young. Houston then takes QB CJ Stroud as they desperately need a QB after missing out on Young.and they surely want who they feel is the next best QB. Now, Chicago will still get one of the two top defensive guys in the draft, Jalen Carter and Will Anderson at pick #4. I could definitely see this happening. What are some of you guys thoughts. Different scenario maybe or who moves up to get the top pick?

or houston trades up to get the top pick.   depending on the price to move up, then Chicago still guaranteed to get the player they want.

if you are not taking a QB you should trade out of the #1 slot and get a couple extra draft picks.  especially if you are not trading down far.

for me I dont think I'd trade down below #5 if I wanted a top defensive player.

4 hours ago, DocNiner said:

Yes, I think it's possible. Lots of talk about Chicago trading out of the #1 spot. Here's how I see it. Chicago trades with Indy and moves back to #4. Colts take QB Bryce Young. Houston then takes QB CJ Stroud as they desperately need a QB after missing out on Young.and they surely want who they feel is the next best QB. Now, Chicago will still get one of the two top defensive guys in the draft, Jalen Carter and Will Anderson at pick #4. I could definitely see this happening. What are some of you guys thoughts. Different scenario maybe or who moves up to get the top pick?

I would say more probable than possible. Schefter has already reported Da Bears are leaning towards trading the pick. If they do than it will certainly be QB at 1&2. Let's see if the combine shakes things up a bit at least as far as how the QB's might be ranked...

11 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I would say more probable than possible. Schefter has already reported Da Bears are leaning towards trading the pick. If they do than it will certainly be QB at 1&2. Let's see if the combine shakes things up a bit at least as far as how the QB's might be ranked...

well, they had better be real happy with fields if they are walking from the #1 pick in what they are saying is the best QB class in a long time.

if fields ends up being a dud, thats the sort of move that gets a GM fired.

Granted, the way the GM in chicago has operated maybe this is the best case scenario for the team in the long run

I would say it's almost 100% that The Bears trade out at this point. Indy loves Young, The Texans will take Stroud at #2 then it's a toss up between Levis and Richardson as to where they go. All in the top ten IMO. 

5 hours ago, Ray_T said:

well, they had better be real happy with fields if they are walking from the #1 pick in what they are saying is the best QB class in a long time.

if fields ends up being a dud, thats the sort of move that gets a GM fired.

Granted, the way the GM in chicago has operated maybe this is the best case scenario for the team in the long run

Only reason why they would trade down, of they believe in Fields for another season.  

Kiper has the Bears trading with Houston for #1 to take Young and then Indy trading with the Bears to take CJ Stroud. This could be a real possibility. The Bears will.get Houston's  two 1st rounders.and.then get Indy's 1st rounder giving the Bears three 1stround pick. WOW!! If that happens the Bears better not screw those picks up.

2 minutes ago, DocNiner said:

Kiper has the Bears trading with Houston for #1 to take Young and then Indy trading with the Bears to take CJ Stroud. This could be a real possibility. The Bears will.get Houston's  two 1st rounders.and.then get Indy's 1st rounder giving the Bears three 1stround pick. WOW!! If that happens the Bears better not screw those picks up.

Damn, I didn't even think of that scenario. That would be brilliant, Chicago could clean up.  

21 minutes ago, DocNiner said:

if they draft defenders they will be ok.  This team seems to do well and drafting and developing defensive players.

What they can t do is put together an offense.    They couldnt do it if their lives depended on it.

When was the last time the #1 pick was traded? 

If Young falls to two Houston takes him. Not sure the Texans are in on Stroud.  If they stay at two and young is gone Carter or Anderson may be in play.  Then maybe trading up from twelve to take Richardson depending in the flow of the draft.

Having the draft here in KC after our 3rd SB in 4 years is the important thing.

IDGAF which QB gets picked first.

In fact, they should have Mahomes read the first two picks, just so when they come bee-bopping out all cawk-of-the-walk they see Mahomes standing there like "What, beyatch?" and it just kind of spoils their day.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DocNiner said:

I really doubt Houston gives up their 2 first rounders but even if they did, if the Bears then traded the second to Indi they would still only have 2 first rounders in the draft. 

2 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

I really doubt Houston gives up their 2 first rounders but even if they did, if the Bears then traded the second to Indi they would still only have 2 first rounders in the draft. 

They'd have those and 2 first round picks next season. Both will be pretty high. 

Now, just saying, for a really WILD SCENARIO with the first 3 picks. I'm sure it's never happened and pretty sure it won't in this draft but what if certain teams just lose.their minds in trying to get.a.possible franchise QB. First, Texans trade to #1 to take Bryce Young. Then the Colts trade up to #2 to take CJ Stroud. Now, for the insane, Carolina Panthers trade up with Arizona for the #3 spot to take Will Levi's. I know, go ahead and slam me for posing this preposterous scenario and I'm only doing it for.entertainment purposes but wouldn't it.be absolutely insanely wild if those trades happened and QB's were drafted with the first 3 picks. Strange things have happened in the NFL. Enjoy the preposterous!!

3 minutes ago, DocNiner said:

Now, just saying, for a really WILD SCENARIO with the first 3 picks. I'm sure it's never happened and pretty sure it won't in this draft but what if certain teams just lose.their minds in trying to get.a.possible franchise QB. First, Texans trade to #1 to take Bryce Young. Then the Colts trade up to #2 to take CJ Stroud. Now, for the insane, Carolina Panthers trade up with Arizona for the #3 spot to take Will Levi's. I know, go ahead and slam me for posing this preposterous scenario and I'm only doing it for.entertainment purposes but wouldn't it.be absolutely insanely wild if those trades happened and QB's were drafted with the first 3 picks. Strange things have happened in the NFL. Enjoy the preposterous!!

That's not crazy, that's a legit possibility. If these top 3 QBs go off at the combine then it's going to be QB 1, 2 & 3. Everyone will be scrambling to move up. 

And don't be surprised if Young is actually #3. Scouts are terrified of his skinny frame, he's tiny. Kyler Murray is big compared to Young. 

If Levis has a good combine he's going #1. He was injury plagued last year with garbage at the skill positions. He's most pro ready. 

That's my wild scenario. 

15 hours ago, DocNiner said:

It just happened two years ago. Lawrence/Wilson/Lance. Not sure if you are just being facetious. Not implausible it happens again this year.

48 minutes ago, jrokh said:

It just happened two years ago. Lawrence/Wilson/Lance. Not sure if you are just being facetious. Not implausible it happens again this year.

I think there is a decent chance it happens again.

if chicago trades the #1 pick then the top 2 will for sure be QB.

after that there are a lot of scenarios that can play out so its tough to speculate.   obviously Zona would need to trade down or they trade Kyler Murray for some picks and grab the best QB on the board.

wouldnt that be funny of Zona traded Murray away and traded up in this draft?

highly unlikely but given recent reports of his off field behavior....... I'd say its not impossible.