Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Falcons Release Marcus Mariota

Thoughts about B Mayfield possibility signing with the Bucs, Sorry Bucs fans, you had two years with the Goat.  

5 hours ago, jrokh said:

Considering Miami just spent 8 million on Mike White that is unlikely. What is likely is Baker Mayfield to TB. Thoughts?

Oh, ok.  Didn't see that.

I'm ok with that.  Makes getting the #1 pick better and increases the likelihood of Bowles getting fired.

On 3/13/2023 at 9:38 PM, TBayXXXVII said:

Oh, ok.  Didn't see that.

I'm ok with that.  Makes getting the #1 pick better and increases the likelihood of Bowles getting fired.

Oh sweet irony…

its a cap friendly deal.  

so the question is.... who wins the starting job.... Baker, or Trask?

49 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Oh sweet irony…

Like I said, fine by me.  Nice to know that my team is tanking and trying for the #1 pick next year.  Whatever gets us a real QB and no Bowles, I'm all for it.  If they give him the job, it's because they didn't see enough from Trask.  I'm not surprised.  I never thought he was going to be any good anyway.  If they make it a competition for the starting job, based on what I saw from these two, it's a coin flip.  Either way, I think we're destined for a top 5 pick in 2024.  With the fact that he's getting like $8.5M, it seems to me that it'll be a competition.  Pretty much confirms what I said about Mayfield last year.  He's not a starter in the NFL.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Like I said, fine by me.  Nice to know that my team is tanking and trying for the #1 pick next year.  Whatever gets us a real QB and no Bowles, I'm all for it.  If they give him the job, it's because they didn't see enough from Trask.  I'm not surprised.  I never thought he was going to be any good anyway.  If they make it a competition for the starting job, based on what I saw from these two, it's a coin flip.  Either way, I think we're destined for a top 5 pick in 2024.  With the fact that he's getting like $8.5M, it seems to me that it'll be a competition.  Pretty much confirms what I said about Mayfield last year.  He's not a starter in the NFL.

well, based on the cash they gave him, its possible he is the backup.

I have no doubt they told him it would be a competition with Trask and possibly one other player.   I'm sure thats the way its going down.

and yeah, if Trask cant beat him out, he probably does not deserve to start.

5 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

well, based on the cash they gave him, its possible he is the backup.

I have no doubt they told him it would be a competition with Trask and possibly one other player.   I'm sure thats the way its going down.

and yeah, if Trask cant beat him out, he probably does not deserve to start.

Yeah, he's getting backup money to compete for a job with a backup.  In either case, both are still backups and even though one is going to win the job, the title "starter" is just that, a title.  It's not descriptive.  Mayfield has proven that he's a backup in this league.  Trask probably is a backup, but he just hasn't proven it yet.  If Mayfield wins the job, then that'll prove that Trask is a backup just like Mayfield... just not as good as.