Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Jalen Carter arrest warrant

52 minutes ago, League Champion said:

It won't affect his draft status one bit, he's too talented. 

I think it depends on the team.

some teams are big on character when they draft.   those teams will avoid him.  but really only one team has to like him at their pick.

at the very least if it was a tie between him and another comparable player in the eyes of the talent evaluators, this will be the tiebreaker.   

I wouldnt be surprised to see him slip between 2 and 8 spots in the draft.   More likely on the low end of the range

21 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

some teams are big on character when they draft.   those teams will avoid him.  but really only one team has to like him at their pick.

Yeah but while the whole thing is tragic what he did sounds like nothing more than a chain of bad decisions. If he hung around and waited for the Police it's a big nothing burger. He probably panicked and lied, however he was still at the scene. 

To me it just seems that he was very scared and had no clue what to do. He didn't murder, rape or beat anyone. 

2 hours ago, League Champion said:

So, who do you predict takes him in the top 4 of the draft? 

45 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Yeah but while the whole thing is tragic what he did sounds like nothing more than a chain of bad decisions. If he hung around and waited for the Police it's a big nothing burger. He probably panicked and lied, however he was still at the scene. 

To me it just seems that he was very scared and had no clue what to do. He didn't murder, rape or beat anyone. 

yeah, a series of bad decisions for sure.   from the sound of it we dont know the whole story either.   and neither do the police.

That is the part that may scare some teams off a bit.

I've done stupid stuff.  I raced cars but it was out away from the city and nobody got hurt or caught.   I guess I got lucky.  he got unlucky.

If I'm a team thinking about drafting him I guess I'd be more concerned with whether this accident has affected his outlook on life and football.   I wouldnt necessarily shy away from him but I'd do more due diligence before going down that road and using a high pick on the kid.

4 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

If I'm a team thinking about drafting him I guess I'd be more concerned with whether this accident has affected his outlook on life and football.   I wouldnt necessarily shy away from him but I'd do more due diligence before going down that road and using a high pick on the kid.

Absolutely. They definitely need to get inside of his head. I feel like it's a case of young and dumb. Hopefully he realizes the seriousness of the situation and learns from this. 

10 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Absolutely. They definitely need to get inside of his head. I feel like it's a case of young and dumb. Hopefully he realizes the seriousness of the situation and learns from this. 

So who do you predict drafts him in the top 4?

13 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

So who do you predict drafts him in the top 4?

I think Chicago gets him regardless of where they draft. He's either the 1st or 2nd defensive player off the board without question. 

Just now, League Champion said:

I think Chicago gets him regardless of where they draft. He's either the 1st or 2nd defensive player off the board without question. 

Dude already had questions about his lack of statistical production and his work ethic and his taking plays off. Now this. I'll be really bummed if the Bears draft him.

6 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Dude already had questions about his lack of statistical production and his work ethic and his taking plays off. Now this. I'll be really bummed if the Bears draft him.

Will Anderson or Jalen Carter. It's one or the other. Be happy if you're a Bears fan, they'll trade out of 1 and still get their guy. 

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

Murder?  Or, manslaughter - as in the case of Henry Ruggs.  He got UNlucky, and rammed a woman turning onto the road while he was doing something like 156MPH, and obviously couldn't stop in time before hitting her vehicle. 

4 minutes ago, Bills04 said:

Murder?  Or, manslaughter - as in the case of Henry Ruggs.  He got UNlucky, and rammed a woman turning onto the road while he was doing something like 156MPH, and obviously couldn't stop in time before hitting her vehicle. 

Whoa, he wasn't driving the vehicle that was in the crash, he wasn't even in it. This is not even in that same discussion. 

At worst he was racing against the other vehicle. He didn't kill anyone 

9 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Whoa, he wasn't driving the vehicle that was in the crash, he wasn't even in it. This is not even in that same discussion. 

yeah, thats my understanding.    but he was involved.   one report (im not sure how reliable the source) suggested some of the participants had consumed alcohol.

and it was a dumb thing.  could easily have been him driving if circumstance were different.  The character issue concerning people was why he didnt tell the police the full truth and whether he was hiding something either to protect himself or to protect someone else.

its not entirely a bad thing if hes protecting someone else.   a desire to protect your teammates can be seen by some as a good thing.... up to a point.

what we dont know is whether this crossed the line.

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

What GM would want to spend a top 5 draft pick on a guy who would be the cornerstone of a rebuild who has the character of a person who would leave the scene of an accident involving a teammate and a staffer and let them die without making any effort to help or get them help?

And Will Anderson has nothing to do with this. We are talking about Carter. This may change a lot around the Bear's and other team's draft strategies as far as the #4 slot is concerned.

But Carter came out and said he didn't do nuttin wrong, so I guess we will see if he's right. They do know he chsnged his story at least twice. 

Even if there are no charges brought against this young man you gotta believe this is gonna affect his draft position. His youthful immaturity probably has.just.cost him millions of dollars and teams.are.gonna look.really close.at.this guy and see if there's any more flags that would cause a team concern when thinking of drafting him.

24 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

What GM would want to spend a top 5 draft pick on a guy who would be the cornerstone of a rebuild who has the character of a person who would leave the scene of an accident involving a teammate and a staffer and let them die without making any effort to help or get them help?

He will be the first or second defensive player off the board regardless of what happens. These charges aren't enough to scare anyone from drafting him, he's that good. 

Let's hear his side before we jump on him. He was probably scared to death and didn't know what to do. If so he has to live with that the rest of his life. That's punishment enough. 

10 minutes ago, League Champion said:

He will be the first or second defensive player off the board regardless of what happens. These charges aren't enough to scare anyone from drafting him, he's that good. 

Let's hear his side before we jump on him. He was probably scared to death and didn't know what to do. If so he has to live with that the rest of his life. That's punishment enough. 

Even before all this there were questions about Carter's character. This is just one snippet of things I've read about the guy. Plus the guy only had 7 tackles for loss and 3 sacks in 11 games. I just am hoping the Bears aren't dumb enough to draft this dude. Let the Texans or Cardinals or Seahawks have him. 

We are nearly 48 hours from kickoff between Ohio State and the No. 1 ranked Georgia Bulldogs in the Chic-Fil-A Peach Bowl here in Atlanta, Georgia. With a potential trip to the national title on the line, all of the players from both teams were made available to the media on Thursday. Thus, marking the first time Georgia defensive lineman Jalen Carter was available for comment following the happenings regarding ESPN's Todd McShay.

McShay warned the football world on an ESPN Broadcast that Carter had "character issues" and would be a hot-button name as the draft process continues until April. He even went as far as to say that there were locker room concerns and questions as to what kind of teammate Carter is. 

5 hours ago, League Champion said:

Yeah you’re probably right. And I’m as guilty as anyone when it comes to the home team. But at some point success of our teams trumping criminal offense will eventually destroy us.

I'm hoping Tyree Wilson will end up the Bear's pick after they trade down. Unless they trade down to #9. Then OT Paris Johnson. 

The 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk is an expletive-inducing thrill ride that would have gotten Clark Griswold and family to Wally World a lot sooner while still doubling Sparky’s swears. With a 707-hp supercharged Hellcat V-8 under the hood, it’s not only the most powerful Jeep ever built, it’s one of the most powerful SUVs in the world. While the Trackhawk can’t keep up with most sports cars at the racetrack, it can outrun some of the best of them in a straight line. Now, it does cost roughly three times as much as a base Grand Cherokee Laredo but its prodigious performance makes its almost $90K price tag look like it’s from the clearance section compared with the Porsche Cayenne Turbo and Mercedes-AMG GLE63 S

Also, the Trackhawk will face any everyday peril with absolute ease thanks to its level B6 bulletproof armoring

8 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

I'm hoping Tyree Wilson will end up the Bear's pick after they trade down. Unless they trade down to #9. Then OT Paris Johnson. 

The Bears are in a great spot, there's a lot of ways they can go. They may even trade back a couple times and still get their player. 

Just saw an email that the raiders have crossed him off their draft board, now when the raiders don’t want you, you’re in trouble. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Just saw an email that the raiders have crossed him off their draft board, now when the raiders don’t want you, you’re in trouble. 

yeah, the raiders have a long history of drafting guys with huge talent and character issues.    so I agree, if they are walking thats a little scary.   makes a guy wonder what they found out about the guy.

The Raiders like to have balance. They already have a guy in jail for killing someone in a crash. They are looking for an ex-Heisman trophy winner who is 5 years past their prime.