Sign in to follow this  
JagFan

2023 NFL Comeback Player of the Year

So he should be a good late round draft pick in ff.  

Johnathan Taylor?

Russell Wilson has the best chance to win it. He is popular, and he sucked so bad last year.

I think Wilson’s better days are behind him, so I would disagree with him having the best chance.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

So he should be a good late round draft pick in ff.  

Good luck getting him in the late rounds. I'm thinking 5th round maybe. The QB could influence that though. Whoever it will be.

8 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Good luck getting him in the late rounds. I'm thinking 5th round maybe. The QB could influence that though. Whoever it will be.

You don’t think Lawrence is going to be the Jags Qb? I think the 5th round would be a little to soon for me, I want to see if he can still play at a top level, you can have him that early. 

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

You don’t think Lawrence is going to be the Jags Qb? 

QBs form favorites. Who knows how Ridley will fit in. :dunno:

30 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

QBs form favorites. Who knows how Ridley will fit in. :dunno:

Yea, but Lawrence will be the Qb.  

8 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Yea, but Lawrence will be the Qb.  

Sometimes football players get hurt. That's why most fantasy leagues draft as close to the season as possible. 

Just a little advice for you there.

38 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Sometimes football players get hurt. That's why most fantasy leagues draft as close to the season as possible. 

Just a little advice for you there.

August 30, Sept 1st, Sept 3rd, and Sept 6th those were the dates of my four  drafts last season, way ahead of you.  

Thanks.  

God bless. 

15 hours ago, League Champion said:

There's a good chance of that for sure. Except they'll never give it to him because it was a gambling suspension, not injury or other. 

Good point.  Although, he could just say he identifies as an injured player and not a gambler…problem solved!  Isn’t it great how society works now!

1 hour ago, JagFan said:

Good point.  Although, he could just say he identifies as an injured player and not a gambler…problem solved!  Isn’t it great how society works now!

That wouldn't shock me either 😂

On 3/3/2023 at 3:57 PM, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Damar = straight cash homey 

Good call.  That kid is all heart.  And Chuck Pagono was a cancer in the locker room. 

18 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

Kenny Golladay?

possible, but depends where he signs.   I dont know that he has the heart to do it.  but the talent is there.

D Watson or K Pitts.  

It's kind of a silly award. You don't even have to have been a proven quality NFL player to get the comeback of the year award. 

My first thought was Trey Lance. Then I thought, why? All he did was get injured. Hamlin would be every nfl writer's and talk show host's wet dream. But that's dumb too. 

Give it to someone who was at least a quality player pre injury or someone who was good and had a bad year or two and then came back to be great/very good again.

Great example would be Alex Smith. 

But Vegas has the favorites as Hamlin and Lance. And the NFL shouldn't even let Hamlin play again. Screw that. Give the guy some money to live well on and cut ties.

3 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

It's kind of a silly award. You don't even have to have been a proven quality NFL player to get the comeback of the year award. 

My first thought was Trey Lance. Then I thought, why? All he did was get injured. Hamlin would be every nfl writer's and talk show host's wet dream. But that's dumb too. 

Give it to someone who was at least a quality player pre injury or someone who was good and had a bad year or two and then came back to be great/very good again.

Great example would be Alex Smith. 

But Vegas has the favorites as Hamlin and Lance. And the NFL shouldn't even let Hamlin play again. Screw that. Give the guy some money to live well on and cut ties.

Hamlin won’t even be a starter with Hyde back.  But this is the NFL, and they will write whatever script that keeps the fans watching.  Propping Hamlin up is a great way to generate interest from those who don’t care anything about the actual game.  Just like giving Brady a SB in Tampa.

1 hour ago, JagFan said:

Hamlin won’t even be a starter with Hyde back.  But this is the NFL, and they will write whatever script that keeps the fans watching.  Propping Hamlin up is a great way to generate interest from those who don’t care anything about the actual game.  Just like giving Brady a SB in Tampa.

I don't doubt your point here. But if I'm making decisions for the NFL, I would be scared to have the same thing happen to Hamlin again. Because then watch the world turn on the NFL with venom ready to strike if it did. The NFL would be crushed by the same people who would gush over him "overcoming all odds to get back in the league". Most writers/reporters included.

On 3/3/2023 at 7:57 PM, AxeElf said:

I wouldn't bet on Ridley...

For his sake, I hope he doesn't either.

6 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

I don't doubt your point here. But if I'm making decisions for the NFL, I would be scared to have the same thing happen to Hamlin again. Because then watch the world turn on the NFL with venom ready to strike if it did. The NFL would be crushed by the same people who would gush over him "overcoming all odds to get back in the league". Most writers/reporters included.

What happened to Hamlin, or worse, could happen to any NFL player.  It’s a violent game.  The odds of injuries like that are about the same as getting struck by lightning.

Ridley on his way after today’s news.  

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Ridley on his way after today’s news.  

Ridley, Engram tagged, Kirk, Zay, and Travis…

T-Law should be able to move the ball through the air.  The danger for FF purposes is that guys will easily disappear from game to game.

35 minutes ago, JagFan said:

Josh Gordon?  He’s ballin in Sea right now.

Mahomes couldn't do anything for him; maybe a higher-paid QB is just what he needs.

QB TOM BRADY-   given our good luck with QB's recently Brady decides to unretire and sign a 1 year deal with the San Francisco 49ers, DOH!! Before you shake your head it COULD happen, yet probably not likely. Tom has always wanted to be a 49er and this would be the perfect opportunity to do that. I would like that. Just don't want to go into the season with Sam (I can play QB in the NFL, really?) Darnold.

So Brady comes outta retirement to play for his childhood favorite, the S.F. 49ers and wins the superbowl with the team he always wanted to play for.

There is a lot of ante Ridley comments on here. I think Jax is going all in on him. He is going to parlay a lot! He was good as a bookie, I mean rookie, and he's going to be good now. He just has to play his cards right. 

1 hour ago, LaChup said:

There is a lot of ante Ridley comments on here. I think Jax is going all in on him. He is going to parlay a lot! He was good as a bookie, I mean rookie, and he's going to be good now. He just has to play his cards right. 

I read an article yesterday that Ridley has his head all into his comeback. Supposedly he worked hard in the offseason with Lawrence to be on the same page and that in OTAs he was straight up listening to all his coaching directions and working hard to fit in and get back on his game.

If he's truly 100% all in and doing well in the head, I think he could have a great year. I traded for him last year in my dynasty league and am glad to have him so far.

If he has the numbers, I would think that would truly be a comeback story the NFL could promote. They love the dudes that have some mental collapses and get right. Or apparently better anyway.

3 hours ago, LaChup said:

There is a lot of ante Ridley comments on here.

OH NO YOU DIN'T!!!

On 3/5/2023 at 10:04 PM, seafoam1 said:

And the NFL shouldn't even let Hamlin play again.

This is probably true, but I don't know how you forbid someone from playing (or trying to make the team).  I'm not sure how Hamlin can pass a physical, but there is likely a lot of hand-waving going on with the feel-good media story driving his return.  If there is another incident, there will be a lot of insincere shock and some wolves will howl about how the NFL could let this happen.  It amazes me that people just can't accept that NFL football is a brutal game.  At least nowadays, even an average player that makes it through an average career can be pretty much set for life.

On 3/3/2023 at 7:30 PM, AxeElf said:

Tom Brady.

andrew luck

On 3/3/2023 at 6:19 PM, seafoam1 said:

@weepaws

He has an ADP in the 4th round at Fanduel. I have already done 3 best balls this year, I thought Ridley was going to be a target of mine but in one of the best balls I drafted DK metcalf after Ridley had already been chosen.

From experience other sites usually have different ADP, but I doubt he is going later than 5th round anywhere.