Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

***Solid Country Gold Draft*** Fireballer OTC

RULE #1 NO TRACTOR RAP

Draft Link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16QINuyyE9meaABVdPl9DudnJVzf4Npz3kg4cCGvCRDY/edit#gid=0

1. draft a roster of 30 songs.

2. 3 per decade and 15 wildcards

3. NO SONGS AFTER 1999

4. Voting poll will be created at conclusion of draft (can't vote for yourself or spouse)

5. Post youtube video with your pick

Example of roster

5-Points    

Song Artist Year
50s      
50s      
50s      
60s      
60s      
60s      
70s      
70s      
70s      
80s      
80s      
80s      
90s      
90s      
90s      
WC      
WC      
WC      
WC      
WC      
WC      
WC      
WC      
WC      
WC      
WC      
WC      
WC      
WC      
WC      

reserved

I suggest a breakdown by decade. 

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

I suggest a breakdown by decade. 

Yes, perhaps two by decade. 

The rub being the decade spanners, but then that would be weighted like focking yourself by picking Johnny Cash for the 1970s instead of the 1960s or even 1990s.

Love it!

• Like 1

1.1 Lil Nas X - Old Town Road 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

1.1 Lil Nas X - Old Town Road 

You broke rule number 1. 

WW has been banned from this thread and warrants discussion about the title of said thread. 

Country and Western Draft title could draw more participants 

Sold Country Gold - is kinda code for the people we want anyways. 

16 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Yes, perhaps two by decade. 

The rub being the decade spanners, but then that would be weighted like focking yourself by picking Johnny Cash for the 1970s instead of the 1960s or even 1990s.

Love it!

I like this idea. Although would sooner do songs by the decade.

The one thing I don't want to do is cut off too short. In the hair rock draft we left a lot of meat on the bone and should have went 10 more rounds. We do not have a sporting even starting that requires us to be done by a certain time. We need to relax and have fun as we draft and not get too rushed. Lets get some input from some of you guys

Idea 1. 

You need to create a mix tape of 30 country songs and that is all you will ever have - now draft them. I think 30 is good because we cut the hair draft off at 20. Again, we are in no rush for this so I say we dig deep. 

1b.   Do we just go ala carte or break it into catergories/decades. If we take 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, we can say you must take 3 from each decade and leave the rest for wildcards giving us some good leeway 

1 minute ago, BeenHereBefore said:

So if we are doing songs or artist I'm good with either.

songs

16 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I like this idea. Although would sooner do songs by the decade.

I'm good with whatever.

Do one now and save the other for another time. 

:cheers:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

songs

Yeah. Songs not artists. 

5 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

The one thing I don't want to do is cut off too short. In the hair rock draft we left a lot of meat on the bone and should have went 10 more rounds. We do not have a sporting even starting that requires us to be done by a certain time. We need to relax and have fun as we draft and not get too rushed. Lets get some input from some of you guys

Idea 1. 

You need to create a mix tape of 30 country songs and that is all you will ever have - now draft them. I think 30 is good because we cut the hair draft off at 20. Again, we are in no rush for this so I say we dig deep. 

1b.   Do we just go ala carte or break it into catergories/decades. If we take 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, we can say you must take 3 from each decade and leave the rest for wildcards giving us some good leeway 

Both are good ideas. 

clearly I was breaking rule #1 on purpose with my post 😂 

but I’ll probably just watch this. Plenty of great country and I do like country.. grew up hearing a lot of it in the car with my dad and on fishing trips to Canada with dad and grandparents, that’s all that was on the radio. But I also like a lot of what would be considered bad country. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

Both are good ideas. 

clearly I was breaking rule #1 on purpose with my post 😂 

but I’ll probably just watch this. Plenty of great country and I do like country.. grew up hearing a lot of it in the car with my dad and on fishing trips to Canada with dad and grandparents, that’s all that was on the radio. But I also like a lot of what would be considered bad country. 

:lol:

I was just messing with you, buddy. Jump on in if  you want to play. This one doesn't require a $50 entry fee like golf 

We are going to take advantage of google sheets for this one too. I will create it and then anyone is welcome to shoot me their email and I will grant access to the sheet. The more we have willing to update, the better 

• Thanks 1

Get CASHed! 

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2023 at 9:10 PM, bostonlager said:

IN

bostonlager

BeeHereBefore

Rusty

5 Points

Mrs. Rusty

Fireballer

iam90sbaby

Here is what we have so far. One more would be nice to make it an even 8, but we can roll with 7. 

I have to take care of our golf draft early this week, but we can shoot to get this started end of the week or this weekend. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Here is what we have so far. One more would be nice to make it an even 8, but we can roll with 7. 

I have to take care of our golf draft early this week, but we can shoot to get this started end of the week or this weekend. 

Sounds good.

Good luck fellas. I like country but don't have the depth of knowledge to participate. I'm interested in seeing what you guys dig up though.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2023 at 9:49 PM, bostonlager said:

This is so true. I'd advise you draw your draft out as many rounds as you can. You're gonna get tired of drafting, before you ever run out of songs.

On 3/6/2023 at 8:01 PM, Voltaire said:

Good luck fellas. I like country but don't have the depth of knowledge to participate. I'm interested in seeing what you guys dig up though.

Would you care to post a random draft order for us?

bostonlager

BeeHereBefore

Rusty

5 Points

Mrs. Rusty

Fireballer

iam90sbaby

On it.

1. 5 Points
  2. Mrs. Rusty
  3. bostonlager
  5. Rusty
  6. iam90sbaby
  7. Fireballer
  12. BeeHereBefore

=====

A little sloppy looking because I didn't take out the spaces when I cut and pasted.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2023 at 9:59 PM, bostonlager said:

:lol:

I was just messing with you, buddy. Jump on in if  you want to play. This one doesn't require a $50 entry fee like golf 

if it's free, it's for Postee

12 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Ok, so what are the parameters again?

I am working on a spreadsheet now. Will get the link to that and parameters posted this evening. 

On 3/4/2023 at 9:10 PM, bostonlager said:

No rules or parameters have been set yet. Bring your ideas. 

RULE #1 NO TRACTOR RAP

LOL, didn't know what "Solid Country Gold" was, so I clicked.  What is "Tractor Rap"?

18 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

LOL, didn't know what "Solid Country Gold" was, so I clicked.  What is "Tractor Rap"?

Tractor rap is this pop music they've been pumping out the last 20 years and put a country music label on it. 

32 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Tractor rap is this pop music they've been pumping out the last 20 years and put a country music label on it. 

Gotchya.  :thumbsup:

Let's play ball!!!!

@5-Points is on the clock. Here is the draft board and I also posted it in the OP. Feel free to pm me your email and I will grant you access. The more we have updating, the better. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16QINuyyE9meaABVdPl9DudnJVzf4Npz3kg4cCGvCRDY/edit#gid=0

Did we come up with parameters? What are the rules? Are we just picking a playlist or do we have to pick a specific number of songs per year/decade? 

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

Did we come up with parameters? What are the rules? Are we just picking a playlist or do we have to pick a specific number of songs per year/decade? 

My bad. 3 per decade and 15 wild cards. 

3 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

My bad. 3 per decade and 15 wild cards. 

pm sent