Sign in to follow this  
Old School

WTF is up with all the pop ups?

They should make the ads only for guests.  The few regulars here when signed in could be exempt from ads when signed in.  

8 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Its a shitshow on my phone

Makes the phone unusable.  They block the top and bottom, blocking access to all menus and controls.   Some ads would be fine, but these were designed by the same people who gave us waterboarding. 

31 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Makes the phone unusable.  They block the top and bottom, blocking access to all menus and controls.   Some ads would be fine, but these were designed by the same people who gave us waterboarding. 

It's also destroying my phones battery. I went from 37 to 9 last night after some posting.  Thought something was wrong, restarted, recharged to 80 last night, now at 61 after some posting.  Ridiculous 

10 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Its a shitshow on my phone

Nothing on both duck duck go & safari 

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

It's also destroying my phones battery. I went from 37 to 9 last night after some posting.  Thought something was wrong, restarted, recharged to 80 last night, now at 61 after some posting.  Ridiculous 

"SOME posting"....:lol:

I enjoy having an ad appear when attempting to type something, as it basically covers most of the form. 

3 hours ago, Mr Fantasy said:

Nothing on both duck duck go & safari 

My Duck Duck Go isn’t showing add, but takes forever for pages to load, if they do. 

5 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Your phone has to try extra hard to be convinced to push your awful posts through 

3 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

"SOME posting"....:lol:

And yet somehow less than you. 🤣

• Haha 1

I put the ad blocker in but now I have to disable it to find out how much stupid money the Giants are going to throw at Daniel Jones. I want him back, but at the right price. They can win with him, but he needs help. If he’s a hog he won’t be getting any. Stand tough g men.  If he walks , he walks. 

19 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

If this is a strategic move to send some folks back to footballgays, bring on the ads. 

See you idiots later.

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

And yet somehow less than you. 🤣

Ssying stuff just to say stuff? You must lead an exciting life. :rolleyes:

Boring old fock.

Disabled my ad blocker to see what all the fuss was about. No problem with the single banner ad on top, but the one on the bottom is a pain in the arse. Probably just a matter of time before we'll be required to disable blocking programs. 

9 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

Ssying stuff just to say stuff?

Yes, we are well aware this is how you have amassed your hugely embarrassing post count. 

Maybe you need a woman in your life who isn’t your mom. Or a man who isn’t your dad, if that’s your preference 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Theres like 20 regulars here.  How much $$ could Mike actually be making?

A rosier picture gets presented to advertisers when all my aliases get in-factored.

38 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Yes, we are well aware this is how you have amassed your hugely embarrassing post count. 

Maybe you need a woman in your life who isn’t your mom. Or a man who isn’t your dad, if that’s your preference 

My money is on sister with down syndrome.

3 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Always projecting your own life on others. It's so obvious your need for attention. It's why you so obviously follow around anonymous people online like you are doing with me.

How humans like you grow up to be so weak in life is always such a surprise, yet you have good company with your login list of sites to cry on. 

Grow up you puzzy. Maybe you will one day get the nerve to go outdoors.

But that said, you would most likely say somethong stupid to someone like me and that person would just push you down and walk away laughing. 

It looks like they went with the bottom pop-up ad only.  The top popup ad made using the phone unbearable. Still an ad at the top of the page, but you can scroll away from it.  The bottom ad takes up more screen space and makes posting a pain in the ass.  

On 3/7/2023 at 6:39 AM, supermike80 said:

Theres like 20 regulars here.  How much $$ could Mike actually be making?

If the ads were for MAGA gear and Jeremy's Chocolates, he'd be making millions.  ;) 

• Like 1

My adblock stats and adblock plus stats

UMBER OF ITEMS BLOCKED

on this page2
in total351,754

fftodayforums.com

Blocked ads:
4 on this page353,468 in total

I get bottom ads on my phone, but no ads with my desk top. The desk top has VPN and a bunch other stuff, but I don't remember enabling an ad blocker. 

Maybe Mike should upgrade to ferrets to replace the underpowered hamsters. :dunno:

From a complete novice in hosting (although I had a few html sites and some with flash animation way back in the day) how much does this site cost per month/year ?

On 3/6/2023 at 11:49 AM, Mike FF Today said:

Yes. We will have some new ad units moving forward and we're in a testing phase at the moment. Once testing is done (a few days), some of the ad placements will be removed. Thanks for your patience.

could have said this is the new normal 

:bench:

also, let drob back in

31 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

could have said this is the new normal 

:bench:

also, let drob back in

GFB AdBlock and UBlock, don't see one advertisement...

This ad on the bottom on here on my laptop sucks balls.

Had AdBlock or still do on a desktop computer, but then I can't go to most news websites.

17 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

This ad on the bottom on here on my laptop sucks balls.

Had AdBlock or still do on a desktop computer, but then I can't go to most news websites.

Chrome?  Click the little puzzle piece in the top right hand corner to list the extensions currently in place.  Hit the three dots for AdBlock and you have these choices:

Pause on this site (for when you go to your news websites)

Or

Pause all sites (just turn on when you're here)

• Thanks 1