Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

New Ad Placements

FYI - We'll be testing out some new ad placements over the next couple weeks. Once initial testing is done (a few days), I'm anticipating some of the ad placements will be removed. I know a layout change can be annoying, especially when it involves advertisements, so I appreciate your patience over these next few days.

wow, you are not kidding.  the ads are all over the place.

Brutal. Can't even click on my notifications cause it just goes to an ad. 

• Like 1

yeah its a bit excessive.   but they said most would disappear after a few days.   no biggie there.

After a week of testing, we've made the following changes to the ads showing on the forums...

1. Removed the stickiness of the top ad. It won't follow you as you scroll down the page.
2. Removed the interstitial ads that would pop-up on occasion when you move from one page to another.

We'll continue to monitor but I don't anticipate any other changes in the near future.

a lot of times the pop up covers both the message I am typing and replying to.  any way to make that pop up ad appear in a different part of the page?   its really annoying where it is at now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ray_T said:

a lot of times the pop up covers both the message I am typing and replying to.  any way to make that pop up ad appear in a different part of the page?   its really annoying where it is at now.

get AdBlock - it removed all the ads when I got it.

Mike, these ads aren’t easy to deal with when using your phone to access the site.

• Like 1

This continues to get more and more awful, Mike. :mellow:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Much like your Chiefs :wave:

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

well, the two most annoying issues is when I'm on my phone it REALLY sucks the data.     and when on my computer, if an ad pops up while I'm typing my message it will somehow move my cursor so I'm no longer typing in the message box and I have to mouse back to the message to continue typing.

sometimes the ad will also cover up my message so I cant see what I'm typing.

and lastly, if my submit reply button is too low and close to the ad it wont let me click on it without scrolling up to re position the button.

I know... first world problems, but if you want the site to run more smoothly these are fixes that would help you. (if they are easy to make.... not sure that they are)

On 3/13/2023 at 9:28 AM, Mike FF Today said:

After a week of testing, we've made the following changes to the ads showing on the forums...

1. Removed the stickiness of the top ad. It won't follow you as you scroll down the page.
2. Removed the interstitial ads that would pop-up on occasion when you move from one page to another.

We'll continue to monitor but I don't anticipate any other changes in the near future.

I'd much rather see you allow the stickiness of the top ad, & eliminate the one on the bottom.

On 9/10/2023 at 3:41 PM, Mike FF Today said:

The ad on that slides in on the right-rail towards the bottom seems new yes?

This ad unit should not be showing up now. If you notice it, please let me know.

• Thanks 1

I love the new ads. Top, bottom, side to side, I love them all. I've bought so many things over the past few weeks.

• Like 1