Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

Latest New Hampshire poll: Trump leads DeSantis by 41 points

It sure seems like no amount of bad press, no alternative candidate (even one conservatives love like DeSantis) can stop the Trump train. Unless something unforeseen happens (don’t know what that is but anything’s possible) he’s going to be the nominee. Congrats, America? 

have you been to NH? Not a very smart crew. 

16 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

A poll this early in the process means nothing. 

Do you really see anybody unseating him? 

So four more years of Biden. Good job retardicans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I like the direction America is headed. I appreciate the high crime, poor economy, and societal debauchery. I'm voting for Potato Joe. Make Ukraine Great Again!

• Haha 1

-_-  Suboptimal....

All Trump will bring is a bunch of whining and crying, if I wanted to turn the left into some kind of adult kindergarten I would say sure go with Trump, but my God the drama....

I prefer Desantis, I think he can bring the Trump policies without the drama, well, let me amend that to say .....less drama....the left will still pretend that effective policies that benefit the average person are somehow bad...

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

-_-  Suboptimal....

All Trump will bring is a bunch of whining and crying, if I wanted to turn the left into some kind of adult kindergarten I would say sure go with Trump, but my God the drama....

I prefer Desantis, I think he can bring the Trump policies without the drama, well, let me amend that to say .....less drama....the left will still pretend that effective policies that benefit the average person are somehow bad...

Do you also think that what Trump will bring is another loss for the Rs?  

The overall sad thing is it honestly looks like we are currently trending towards another Biden v Trump.   Loser has to change the other's diapers for a year! 

This is a loss for the country that we are even at the point where that rematch is a possibility, let alone the currently likely outcome.  

3 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Not sure.  He won once, and Biden has been just ruinous on all fronts, and when you consider that things were going extremely well, and people remember how much better everything was....I sorta feel like he could win.

That being said he should have won last time.  But media really is the main problem here, they have an agenda, and they would rather have an ineffective and dangerous clown in the Presidency than an effective leader who holds views they find distasteful. I would prefer that we not have the small set of people in MSM manipulating voters to serve the desires of MSM....

I think Desantis is a better option, he can win, he appears to hold the same policy positions as Trump, but is more crafty in the political sense.  Less clumsy. 

That bring said....the media will attack ANY Republican, while giving Democrats a pass....

• Haha 1

In my opinion, the main issue is the same one that was problematic for Republicans in 2022: the base of the party wants candidates who are too extreme for the American public. This means they are likely to continue to lose national elections. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

It sure seems like no amount of bad press, no alternative candidate (even one conservatives love like DeSantis) can stop the Trump train. Unless something unforeseen happens (don’t know what that is but anything’s possible) he’s going to be the nominee. Congrats, America? 

The bad press and worse governing isn’t stopping the Biden train so far. 

2 hours ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

I would prefer a younger candidate. However, Americans yearn for the unprecedented time of peace and prosperity we experienced during Father Trump’s term.  

2017-2019 were three of the best years in our nations history. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

In my opinion, the main issue is the same one that was problematic for Republicans in 2022: the base of the party wants candidates who are too extreme for the American public. This means they are likely to continue to lose national elections. 

Like mutilation and grooming of young kids extreme?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

My my. This guy thinks his side isn’t extreme. Hey, let’s move everything to green energy, right now! Let’s defund the police, and get rid of bail, and not even charge criminals, never mind incarcerate them. And let’s open the borders! Ams don’t deport the ones that are violent criminals. And promise kids you’ll pay off their loans at the expense of everyone else! Never mind what’s going on with the FBI and  designating concerned parents as domestic terrorists. You non extremists seem to prefer non concerned parents. Like in Baltimore.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OldMaid said:

So four more years of Biden. Good job retardicans.

Yep and...

2 hours ago, BuckSwope said:

... yep.  

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If it's Trump vs Biden again, and Biden wins, it's because the people want this country to suffer.

Yeah, that's it.  Or maybe some portion of independent voters don't want a narcissistic petulant child in charge of the nuke codes.  :dunno: 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yep and...

... yep.  

Yeah, that's it.  Or maybe some portion of independent voters don't want a narcissistic petulant child in charge of the nuke codes.  :dunno: 

You can say many things about Trump that deserve criticizing. The nuke codes thing ain’t one of them. 

10 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yep and...

... yep.  

So you have no shot. :(

Just now, Dizkneelande said:

I’ll gladly vote for Trump if he is the nominee 

Same

Well, if FFT aliases could vote, he'd probably win .. cause there's a lot of them here.  A LOT !

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

Well, if FFT aliases could vote, he'd probably win .. cause there's a lot of them here.  A LOT !

Is 'kozmiq' an FFT alias? Or is that your safe word for you to alert your boyfriend when things get a bit too rough?

46 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Is 'kozmiq' an FFT alias? Or is that your safe word for you to alert your boyfriend when things get a bit too rough?

And here's one.

I bet the other kids in Middle School laugh at you and you think it's with you.

40 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You can say many things about Trump that deserve criticizing. The nuke codes thing ain’t one of them. 

I disagree.  I've been a vocal critic of the clown show that was the J6 hearings, but one thing that was clear was during the several hours that it was going down, Trump sat there laughing like Beavis and Butthead.  That's not a good look on how to behave during a crisis.  And I believe it is part of why he won't win enough of the independent vote to become POTUS again.

Desantis has all of the policy and anti-woke goodness of Trump without the baggage, both perceived and real.

On the topic of the poll, I have significant doubts about a poll that shows any candidate winning/losing by that much.  The only possible explanation is that word of Desantis hasn't reached whatever remote parts of NH they contacted.  :dunno: 

17 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I disagree.  I've been a vocal critic of the clown show that was the J6 hearings, but one thing that was clear was during the several hours that it was going down, Trump sat there laughing like Beavis and Butthead.  That's not a good look on how to behave during a crisis.  And I believe it is part of why he won't win enough of the independent vote to become POTUS again.

Desantis has all of the policy and anti-woke goodness of Trump without the baggage, both perceived and real.

On the topic of the poll, I have significant doubts about a poll that shows any candidate winning/losing by that much.  The only possible explanation is that word of Desantis hasn't reached whatever remote parts of NH they contacted.  :dunno: 

I think this is mostly true, but don't they differ on a couple key issues?  Ukraine and Medicare come to mind, but I might be wrong on those.  Whatever they are, my understanding is where they differ Trump has the more popular opinion/stance.  

I've see the point made that it's Trump vs the field, and they are all fighting each other as well.  I think the polls reflect this. 

26 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

A crisis? Come on, Jerry. 

This is way too early of a poll.  DeSantis is going to be the nominee, not Trump.  However, if Trump runs as an "Independent" then that will GUARANTEE a second Biden/Harris term.

I'm done with Trump, personally.  DeSantis is younger, faster, stronger, smarter and he's a veteran.  

Overall, we need to stop electing retarded and/or ancient relics into office.  Let's get some younger blood in there for once - but not too young.  We still need people with life experience where the world has beat them down and kicked them in the teeth a bit to season them up.

6 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

I think this is mostly true, but don't they differ on a couple key issues?  Ukraine and Medicare come to mind, but I might be wrong on those.  Whatever they are, my understanding is where they differ Trump has the more popular opinion/stance.  

I've see the point made that it's Trump vs the field, and they are all fighting each other as well.  I think the polls reflect this. 

I should probably look into the Medicare positions since I think I'll be forced onto it later this year, but I currently don't know the positions of the two.  Also I can't imagine Ukraine being a "major" topic driving voters at this point; if Justin gets his nuclear WW3 then we can reassess.  But to be literal, I probably shouldn't have said "all of the policy," although it makes for a catchier phrase.  :D 

4 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

A crisis? Come on, Jerry. 

In hindsight I don't think it was much of a crisis, but many people still do.  And at the time, it had more of the makings of a crisis.  Certainly the folks around him didn't think it was a nothingburger while it was going on.

I'm talking about independents, not hard-core Trump fans.  His behavior conjures an image of Nero playing the violin while Rome burns.  :dunno: 

6 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

This is way too early of a poll.  DeSantis is going to be the nominee, not Trump.  However, if Trump runs as an "Independent" then that will GUARANTEE a second Biden/Harris term.

I'm done with Trump, personally.  DeSantis is younger, faster, stronger, smarter and he's a veteran.  

Overall, we need to stop electing retarded and/or ancient relics into office.  Let's get some younger blood in there for once - bit not too young.  We still need people with life experience where the world has beat them down and kicked them in the teeth a bit to season them up.

100% this.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

I should probably look into the Medicare positions since I think I'll be forced onto it later this year, but I currently don't know the positions of the two.  Also I can't imagine Ukraine being a "major" topic driving voters at this point; if Justin gets his nuclear WW3 then we can reassess.  But to be literal, I probably shouldn't have said "all of the policy," although it makes for a catchier phrase.  :D 

I think the overall point I've seen made is most so far are just running on nebulous "younger/fresher" type of messaging, but most aren't that different except for a couple spots, and Trump already has a large portion of the party while the others fight over the rest.  

Again, I could be wrong- but I thought some of the disagreement was on stuff like cutting Medicare and Ukraine funding.  Don't quote me on that, though.  ALL the GOP will be on same side of issues like guns, woke, etc.  

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

In hindsight I don't think it was much of a crisis, but many people still do.  And at the time, it had more of the makings of a crisis.  Certainly the folks around him didn't think it was a nothingburger while it was going on.

I'm talking about independents, not hard-core Trump fans.  His behavior conjures an image of Nero playing the violin while Rome burns.  :dunno: 

You're talking about an obscured image, but we all now know it wasn’t reality. Not only should Trump not be condemned for anything that happened on that mild day, people should apologize to him for believing the lies and jumping to conclusions. 

• Haha 1