Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Jamie Lee Curtis wins Best Supporting Actress and wokies scream racisssss

https://lavocedinewyork.com/en/entertainment/2023/03/13/at-the-oscars-jamie-lees-win-sparks-anger-and-calls-of-racism/

Jimmy Kimmel set everyone straight right at the start of the show: anyone misbehaving this year will have to pay the consequences—immediately. There will be no repeat of last year’s debacle when Will Smith jumped up out of the audience to slap Chris Rock and no one did anything about it.

“We can’t let bad behavior slide anymore,” said Kimmel. “The world is watching us.”

Kimmel called the show “a night for positivity.” However, this year the Academy had anticipated any such occurrence and put in place contingency plans to prevent them.

Kimmel then touched on the other issue that has become a sore point in all awards ceremonies: actors of color being recognized for their work.

This is why we can't have nice things. 

So basically any time a white actor or actress wins it's 100% due to racism?

Maybe folks would stop complaining if there were award shows or TV networks 100% devoted to POC. 🤔

When are people going to realize that all of this "equity" talk is nothing more than a money and power grab?  It's never been about fairness or equality - it's always been about money and power.  Minorities aren't any more or any less prone to greed, corruption or any other bad trait than white people.  

Don't think for one second that if Minority Group X gets power that they're going to be benevolent and/or fair.  See South Africa on how that's going.

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

So basically any time a white actor or actress wins it's 100% due to racism?

Maybe folks would stop complaining if there were award shows or TV networks 100% devoted to POC. 🤔

Angela Blackset through some serious shade when JLC won too..

Almost as bad as watching NASCAR and they talk about Bubba Smollett who is a lap down :lol: 

They also use Bubba Smollett in the NASCAR picture, as if he is one of the top 5 drivers.

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

When are people going to realize that all of this "equity" talk is nothing more than a money and power grab?  It's never been about fairness or equality - it's always been about money and power.  Minorities aren't any more or any less prone to greed, corruption or any other bad trait then white people.

This is wrong. 

I don’t agree with this latest complaint and I think it’s basically bad behavior (like Kanye whining about Taylor Swift beating out Beyoncé). 

But you’re wrong in attempting to assign ulterior motives to the folks who make these sort of complaints. Their motives are exactly what they say they are. They believe that minorities are underrepresented in Hollywood in general,,and at the Oscars in particular. I agree with them historically, disagree with them in this case. But their views are honestly made. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

But you’re wrong in attempting to assign ulterior motives to the folks who make these sort of complaints. Their motives are exactly what they say they are. They believe that minorities are underrepresented in Hollywood in general,,and at the Oscars in particular. I agree with them historically, disagree with them in this case. But their views are honestly made. 

And yet....when people attempt to debate COVID origins....their motives are raised....

When people attempt to object to anything the left supports....they are "racists"...."transphobic"....."white supremacists"....

So I am all in for ending the assignment of motives, but are your people?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

This is wrong. 

I don’t agree with this latest complaint and I think it’s basically bad behavior (like Kanye whining about Taylor Swift beating out Beyoncé). 

Thank you Sir. You taught me a new word. I always thought it was alterior. 

Just now, RLLD said:

And yet....when people attempt to debate COVID origins....their motives are raised....

When people attempt to object to anything the left supports....they are "racists"...."transphobic"....."white supremacists"....

So I am all in for ending the assignment of motives, but are your people?

Well that depends. In several of the cases you cited there is no need to assign motives because the folks in question wear them on their sleeves. I think it’s fine not to assign ULTERIOR motives. But if somebody makes their motives clear beforehand I see no reason not to discuss them. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

Well that depends. In several of the cases you cited there is no need to assign motives because the folks in question wear them on their sleeves. I think it’s fine not to assign ULTERIOR motives. But if somebody makes their motives clear beforehand I see no reason not to discuss them. 

No....that is not correct.

Assigning intent is wrong.  Simply put. It's a convenient way to quickly silence any opposition to indefensible positions.... but it has no place in civilized society. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

When are people going to realize that all of this "equity" talk is nothing more than a money and power grab?  It's never been about fairness or equality - it's always been about money and power.  Minorities aren't any more or any less prone to greed, corruption or any other bad trait than white people.  

Don't think for one second that if Minority Group X gets power that they're going to be benevolent and/or fair.  See South Africa on how that's going.

Minorities don't have power in Hollywood, it's rich white leftist elite guilt that feels good when it self-flagellates at the altar of St. Woke.

1 minute ago, posty said:

Maybe Angela Bassett lost because she is not a good actress...

:o   you should be executed for saying that

When are the BET awards? Asking for a white friend that won't win

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

:o   you should be executed for saying that

Ha, though it is true...

Yes, some fans are dumb as is this article.  

Please ignore all the POCs, women, and lgbtq people that won last night.  They were well represented.  

Curtis' win was bad because it was a career achievement award, which is dumb, but that's always happened.  

I guess 0 of you watched it, but you are going to encounter these outrage articles to form your opinions of the night.  

Imo besides Kimmel and some jokes it was about as tame, as diverse, and as non-political/woke as its been in years.  

2 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

I guess 0 of you watched it, but you are going to encounter these outrage articles to form your opinions of the night.  

Imo besides Kimmel and some jokes it was about as tame, as diverse, and as non-political/woke as its been in years.  

"Thanks mom for allowing me to dress in drag as a child....which isn't a threat to anyone!"

"Film editing, where you can take thousands of hours of violet insurrection and edit into a peaceful tour of the capitol."

I wonder if the people involved with the Oscars realize everyone is pointing and laughing at them?

7 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

So I should form my opinions from the comments of some random guy on a internet message board that insults the entire board?  Do you understand how to win friends and influence people?

1 minute ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Did they cry racism when the asians won?

No, they just kicked the sh1t out of them.

• Haha 2

Fun fact..the one asian guy nominated was a grown up short round ...from Indiana Jones

Also the 2 winners were both in the movie Encino Man

Lol

Just now, Cloaca du jour said:

Fun fact..the one asian guy nominated was a grown up short round ...from Indiana Jones

Also the 2 winners were both in the movie Encino Man

Data on Goonies.

Also, Kimmel said the encino man in his monologue 

13 minutes ago, Horseman said:

"Thanks mom for allowing me to dress in drag as a child....which isn't a threat to anyone!"

"Film editing, where you can take thousands of hours of violet insurrection and edit into a peaceful tour of the capitol."

I didn't say there was 0.  Most of the speeches were about family, moms, etc.     But of course, people like you focus on the one sentence.  

That second example was from Kimmel, which I said was one person that started in on some of those jokes and comments towards the end.   

Be honest - you weren't watching either, you just got those quotes from your SM feeds.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

Wakanda didn’t sweep the awards?   

Wokeanda ;)

I deliberately avoided watching due to Kimmel being the host.   had no interest in his political BS.  If that happened.  Maybe it didn't, but it was enough to keep me off.

I watched a rerun of Sully instead.

• Like 1

Just now, supermike80 said:

I deliberately avoided watching due to Kimmel being the host.   had no interest in his political BS.  If that happened.  Maybe it didn't, but it was enough to keep me off.

The monologue was excellent. I stopped watching after that. 

I watched a rerun of Enter the Ninja.  Incredibly bad movie with incredibly bad acting and poor martial arts if it could be called martial arts at all, but it did have the benefit of having Susan George who was a personal weakness of mine back in the day.  Time better spent, in my mind, than watching an awards show.

I watched Drain the Oceans, not too bad

25 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

I didn't say there was 0.  Most of the speeches were about family, moms, etc.     But of course, people like you focus on the one sentence.  

That second example was from Kimmel, which I said was one person that started in on some of those jokes and comments towards the end.   

Be honest - you weren't watching either, you just got those quotes from your SM feeds.  

I watched the whole thing, and those were the two I remembered that reminded everyone that these retards are woke as fok.  That and the gay Daniels that couldn't shut up.

49 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

He was fine for the opening monologue, but got a bit political at the end with some jokes.  

25 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I watched the whole thing, and those were the two I remembered that reminded everyone that these retards are woke as fok.  That and the gay Daniels that couldn't shut up.

I thought the talky Asian one was straight.   Its the bald one that made the drag comment, right?   

The other did make a couple comments about sheltering kids from the scary world which I laughed at.  

I still think overall it was tame for The Oscars. 

Wouldn't waste my time watching any awards show...  Just something to prop up the elite's egos even more thinking that they are all more important than the normal people...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, posty said:

Wouldn't waste my time watching any awards show...  Just something to prop up the elite's egos even more thinking that they are all more important than the normal people...

I don't think me watching or not affects that.  

I am a movie fiend, so I still watch the Oscars just because.  Mostly to laugh at celebs and see who wins 

53 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I watched the whole thing,

who had the best dress?

55 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I watched Drain the Oceans, not too bad

I watched the oceans drain. Far more excitement