Sign in to follow this  
Reality

Pronouns and hiring

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Spitting facts

G0ddamn I think I love her. :wub:

• Like 2

Pronouns arent going anywhere in corporate America. I blame turn a blind eye righties that kept bending a knee to lefties the last 3 decades 

• Like 1

Yeah, I agree with all of that, to degrees.  The whole "lazy" line of reasoning is arguably a bit unfair, but I admit that I would think it.  The part about eggshells and expecting the office to conform to xe/xim -- absofockinglutely, anyone who says otherwise is either an idiot or unobservant.  Or both.

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yeah, I agree with all of that, to degrees.  The whole "lazy" line of reasoning is arguably a bit unfair, but I admit that I would think it.  The part about eggshells and expecting the office to conform to xe/xim -- absofockinglutely, anyone who says otherwise is either an idiot or unobservant.  Or both.

These were my thoughts as well, but even that part depends on the person as well.   We have a couple of them who have raised 0 beefs about it and don't freak if somebody makes a mistake.  

My other thought was I thought it was funny that this was the person complaining.  She very much comes off as somebody who knows what it's like to make it all about them, their emotions, and their needs.   I'm not sure she would be a joy to work with either.  

1 minute ago, BuckSwope said:

My other thought was I thought it was funny that this was the person complaining.  She very much comes off as somebody who knows what it's like to make it all about them, their emotions, and their needs.   I'm not sure she would be a joy to work with either.  

Oh I've got to hear this: What made you think that in 45 seconds?  She was pretty well spoken.  Female?  Brunette that gets blonde highlights in her hair?  

• Thanks 2

These were my thoughts as well, but even that part depends on the person as well.   We have a couple of them who have raised 0 beefs about it and don't freak if somebody makes a mistake.  

By them do you mean trannies?  Because (and I thought about adding this to my post but didn't want to confuse the message), I wouldn't think as poorly about actual trans people, since clarification on pronouns is actually useful in that case.  Certainly not about the laziness.  increased chance of lawsuit, yes.

And I agree, she does not seem like the VP of HR at a major company.  :D 

47 minutes ago, DonS said:

G0ddamn I think I love her. :wub:

Would/Will :shocking:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Oh I've got to hear this: What made you think that in 45 seconds?  She was pretty well spoken.  Female?  Brunette that gets blonde highlights in her hair?  

Mostly the fact that she is making videos like this while she is driving, and doing this for clicks and attention on social media.      There is a little bit of evidence here that she enjoys having the situation about her.   I'd guess she has the ability to skate by on her looks and also doesn't really know what it means to work hard.   

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

By them do you mean trannies?  Because (and I thought about adding this to my post but didn't want to confuse the message), I wouldn't think as poorly about actual trans people, since clarification on pronouns is actually useful in that case.  Certainly not about the laziness.  increased chance of lawsuit, yes.

I don't know.  I think one is because they also have a different name, the other just requested different pronouns.  I think there was another either being hired or that applied who had pronouns requested, but don't know about the name change or anything else.   

One is pretty lazy, one is not but we have yet to encounter a situation where either have raised a stink about it.    I've used wrong pronouns around both, just apologized, and moved on.  

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

I might have told this story before:

There was one in my office building that worked for our Client.  Older, long grey hair dressed as a woman.  No big deal other than his large hands and Adam's apple that kind of gave it away.  And him constantly talking about his wife.  So....now I think about it, not sure what that makes him.  One Friday, it must have been Spandex Friday and no one told me, and I saw him on my way to the restroom.  Spandex left no more doubt about it, it was a him.  Luckily he went into the woman's bathroom opposite of where I was headed.  And luckily he was transferred not soon thereafter.  Pretty amazing what is socially acceptable now days.

5 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Mostly the fact that she is making videos like this while she is driving, and doing this for clicks and attention on social media.      There is a little bit of evidence here that she enjoys having the situation about her.   I'd guess she has the ability to skate by on her looks and also doesn't really know what it means to work hard.   

I can buy the first part, but it's not her account that tweeted it so we don't really know the original audience of the video.

Second part is chauvinistic.  You don't think women can be good looking and work hard? 

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

I might have told this story before:

There was one in my office building that worked for our Client.  Older, long grey hair dressed as a woman.  No big deal other than his large hands and Adam's apple that kind of gave it away.  And him constantly talking about his wife.  So....now I think about it, not sure what that makes him.  One Friday, it must have been Spandex Friday and no one told me, and I saw him on my way to the restroom.  Spandex left no more doubt about it, it was a him.  Luckily he went into the woman's bathroom opposite of where I was headed.  And luckily he was transferred not soon thereafter.  Pretty amazing what is socially acceptable now days.

LOL.  I hadn't thought about this visual before - thanks.  

I don't agree with the bathroom situation, but I guess to be fair if camel toe is allowed on that Friday, shouldn't camel tail?   Only fair!  😆

Just now, Horseman said:

I can buy the first part, but it's not her account that tweeted it so we don't really know the original audience of the video.

Second part is chauvinistic.  You don't think women can be good looking and work hard? 

Can be?  Of course.    

Do they have to?  Nah.    She doesn't have to work if she didn't want to.   Just an impression, and just be honest - none of us would care WTF she thought in the first place if he wasn't attractive.   Some fat hog in her Alero saying the same thing and you stop watching after 2 secs.  

Just now, BuckSwope said:

I don't agree with the bathroom situation, but I guess to be fair if camel toe is allowed on that Friday, shouldn't camel tail?   Only fair!  😆

There should be dress codes in offices, imo.  Don't get me wrong, I wear levi's everyday, but I can't wear shorts and flip lops.  It wasn't really Spandex Friday, figure of speach, none of our female workers would ever wear spandex. Some people do Hawaiian shirt Friday and I often do T-shirt Friday.

5 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

That's really good. :lol:  Like, you could probably start a social media thing around that phrase, if you figure out how to monetize it.  :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

That's really good. :lol:  Like, you could probably start a social media thing around that phrase, if you figure out how to monetize it.  :thumbsup:

That is my joke with a buddy when we talk joke about getting rid of these trends in clothes before our daughters get older.   I told him my idea was to develop a line of dude tights and rock the camel tail.  :lol:

yes/yes

2 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Can be?  Of course.    

Do they have to?  Nah.    She doesn't have to work if she didn't want to.   Just an impression, and just be honest - none of us would care WTF she thought in the first place if he wasn't attractive.   Some fat hog in her Alero saying the same thing and you stop watching after 2 secs.  

First, you haven't even seen her asss, some women are just face pretty.  

Second, she doesn't and she doesn't have to are two different things.  I know plenty of hot women that work hard in white and blue collar settings.  

30 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

If she were she would not be stupid enough to post her true thoughts on sociol media as it could only hurt her career.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

FMK she is an F.

30 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

"Mistake", "Apologize" Ya go fock yourself :lol:

It's odd what happens when people treat each other with respect.   You want to be called Batman and a Xe pronoun while at work and you show up to do your job, no skin off my sack.  I will do that to the best of my ability as long as you don't act like an ass to me if I occasionally call you shore or he.    What people want to be called is not something that concerns me.   

6 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

It's odd what happens when people treat each other with respect.   You want to be called Batman and a Xe pronoun while at work and you show up to do your job, no skin off my sack.  I will do that to the best of my ability as long as you don't act like an ass to me if I occasionally call you shore or he.    What people want to be called is not something that concerns me.   

I think this is the root of the problem in society. In an attempt not to offend, we enable mental disorders. 

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, BuckSwope said:

She's driving on the right side of the car? She sounds pretty American. So she may be in Europe?

Anyway. What she's saying is right no matter what your opinion is of her. Guys are guys and girls are girls no matter how badly they mutilate their bodies or their minds.

14 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

She's driving on the right side of the car? She sounds pretty American. So she may be in Europe?

Anyway. What she's saying is right no matter what your opinion is of her. Guys are guys and girls are girls no matter how badly they mutilate their bodies or their minds.

i not sure if shes driving but the image is flipped and she is in california as she drove past a Central Collison Center.  if i put a little effort into it i could pinpoint her location by looking for the big white building with red piping, but why bother.  safe to say she is in Los Angeles tho.

41 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

It's odd what happens when people treat each other with respect.      

I hate this cop out.  How about respecting my belief in actual biology and not ask me to act like you’re a different sex?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I hate this cop out.  How about respecting my belief in actual biology and not ask me to act like you’re a different sex?

Right? That is a typical answer from the left. Respect their insanity by giving in to living their way of life instead of living our own lives the way we feel it should be lived. 

It's so typical that they are doing exactly what they are telling conservatives to not do.

29 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

I think this is the root of the problem in society. In an attempt not to offend, we enable mental disorders. 

Yep, people being respectful and demanding the same - that's the root of our problems.  

I don't assume if they are mentally ill or not.  I think of it as having as little bearing on my day as the Latinas going by a different name or somebody wants a nickname.  IDGAF.   This part I have 0 clue why some of you dig your heels in so much.    I can do that and still agree with you guys they shouldn't be in sports, shouldn't get surgeries and hormones, and other things.   

To me the bigger issues is the ones who raise a stink and shame people who don't get it right all the time, or people on the other side who raise a stink at work about having to say a different word once in a while.  

Yep, people being respectful and demanding the same - that's the root of our problems.  

I don't assume if they are mentally ill or not.  I think of it as having as little bearing on my day as the Latinas going by a different name or somebody wants a nickname.  IDGAF.   This part I have 0 clue why some of you dig your heels in so much.    I can do that and still agree with you guys they shouldn't be in sports, shouldn't get surgeries and hormones, and other things.   

To me the bigger issues is the ones who raise a stink and shame people who don't get it right all the time, or people on the other side who raise a stink at work about having to say a different word once in a while.  

Liberals are NOT respectful of others in the least. They never are. They say "you change or you are not wanted here". 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

See the above.  That post has 0 to believe if they are a woman or a man or should be in sports.   

I guess that is the difference - I don't see me saying they/them if asked is admitting that they are a "real" woman, and by your post that seems to be the case for you.   

18 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Your first mistake was grouping ethnicities and using nicknames at work.  :doh:

58 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

The second you bend the knee to these mentally ill folks they OWN you. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Did you watch the video?  She didn't say anything about the bolded.  

She was saying that if she was hiring and saw prounouns she would assume the person is:  far left, lazy, quick to sue, and going to make the workplace walk on eggshells.    In my experience with the few at work, only 1 of those I'd agree with.   

I agree with the bolded, but that has nothing to do with what this woman was saying in the video.  

6 minutes ago, Horseman said:

You're first mistake was grouping ethnicities and using nicknames at work.  :doh:

It affects me exactly the same in the workplace.  

I don't understand how those couple things would distract you at your work or be an issue - again, assuming they don't make it one as well.   Just get on with your day.   That's all this video was about - pronouns, and that could include people that are not even trans - so all this leaping to it meaning I think women are men stuff is also silly.  

22 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Someone asking to be called a nickname is not destroying an objective scientific truth.  By using pronouns, whether you think you are or not, is conceding that a male can be a female.  Pronoun use seems trivial, but is part of a larger piece of the puzzle furthering conformity to an untruth.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

The second you bend the knee to these mentally ill folks they OWN you. 

CIVIL WAR!!! 

Just now, Fireballer said:

Someone asking to be called a nickname is not destroying an objective scientific truth.  By using pronouns, whether you think you are or not, is conceding that a male can be a female.  Pronoun use seems trivial, but is part of a larger piece of the puzzle furthering conformity to an untruth.  

People who are not trans also request different pronouns.   

Sorry, I don't quiz everybody if they are trans or not, and I haven't gotten around to check for roosters either.    Me using pronouns at work is not conceding that a male can be a female, FFS.  

Just now, BuckSwope said:

It affects me exactly the same in the workplace.  

I don't understand how those couple things would distract you at your work or be an issue - again, assuming they don't make it one as well.   Just get on with your day.   That's all this video was about - pronouns, and that could include people that are not even trans - so all this leaping to it meaning I think women are men stuff is also silly.  

It's not a distraction because it's not allowed. It wasnt acceptable to refer to the "latina" workers or call Juan "taco" because he likes that nickname before all the woke and pronoun BS.  It's a false equivalence.  Unless you want to say nickname pronouns shouldnt be allowed either.  

4 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Me using pronouns at work is not conceding that a male can be a female, FFS.  

Oh but you are conceding. Just because you are OK with that doesn't make it untrue. FFS

• Like 2