Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

David Montgomery Headed to Detroit

I like this move for Montgomery. D'Andre Swift is going to have to continue his high efficiency in order to be a solid fantasy producer...

Very good move for both Montgomery and the Lions imo.  Swift is now even in more trouble of losing targets.  

K Herbert stock rises.  

23 minutes ago, League Champion said:

They should of drafted Bijan and had a rookie deal 

Maybe that’s what the Bears are thinking at 9.

Okay, I'm probably dropping J Williams from my dynasty team.

I figured last season, 1066 yards and 17 TDs was a one year thing...

This confirms it unless he ends up in a really good spot in FA

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

Maybe, but they need serious help on defense 

drafting and player development for defensive players seems to be something they can do well in Chicago.   I'd rather see them spend a bunch of draft capital there than in other places.

Might as well play to your strengths.   

12 hours ago, Ray_T said:

drafting and player development for defensive players seems to be something they can do well in Chicago.   I'd rather see them spend a bunch of draft capital there than in other places.

Might as well play to your strengths.   

How is the defense in Chicago a "strength"? Just because they were excellent a couple years over the last 40 years doesn't mean they can't have a good offense. Completely new people running the show. 

That's like saying San Francisco had a great offense so therefore their offense will always be as good as when they had Steve Young and Jerry Rice and the rest.

9 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

How is the defense in Chicago a "strength"? Just because they were excellent a couple years over the last 40 years doesn't mean they can't have a good offense. Completely new people running the show. 

That's like saying San Francisco had a great offense so therefore their offense will always be as good as when they had Steve Young and Jerry Rice and the rest.

I didnt say it was currently a strength.   read what I said.    

what I said his drafting and player development of defensive players has historically been the strength of this franchise.    every time the team becomes good, its because the defense became good.

chicago then inevitably feels their offense is inadequate, they draft QB and other offensive players without success.  

they seem to be ok at drafting and developing RBs as well.   but anything in the pass game has mostly stunk.   most of their good offensive players (outside of RB) they had to trade to bring in because they dont seem to be able to draft and develop them on their own.

its a weakness of the organization.