Sign in to follow this  
edjr

I have to watch a 90 minute "Managing Unconcious Bias Workshop"

MANDATORY

Managing Unconscious Bias Workshop

:wall:

Good Luck   🤣

Maybe after that you can watch a workshop on Mothman too  😜

I take offense at the use of the term MAN in MANdatory and MANaging. 

FIGHT THE PATRIARCHY!!! ✊

29 minutes ago, edjr said:

MANDATORY

Turn it on and take a nap, you would be unconscious then.  Win-win.  :cheers: 

• Haha 1

That’ll be the most work you’ve done in a week since Al Gore created the Internet.

15 minutes ago, MDC said:

That’ll be the most work you’ve done in a week since Al Gore created the Internet.

:first: 

At least you can charge your time for this bullsh1t.  I suggest warching p0rn and drinking beers while getting your reprogramming on. 

I had to do something like that last year plus a sexual-harassment workshop.

The examples for the latter were pretty hilarious.

Ed: Damn, Tammie, your t!tties are looking great today in that blouse. 😍

Tammy: Um, thanks. :unsure:

Ed: How about you come over to my place tonight? We'll get drunk, snort some blow and fock like wild monkeys. Whaddya say?

Tammy: Um ...

Ed: Think about it, and I'll get back to you later today.

What should Tammy do?

A.) Just ignore Ed. That's just Ed being Ed.

B.) Make plans to meet Ed at his place, because he'll just keep bugging Tammy if she doesn't.

C.) Set herself on fire and run out into traffic.

D.) Report Ed to human resources immediately.

24 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I had to do something like that last year plus a sexual-harassment workshop.

The examples for the latter were pretty hilarious.

Ed: Damn, Tammie, your t!tties are looking great today in that blouse. 😍

Tammy: Um, thanks. :unsure:

Ed: How about you come over to my place tonight? We'll get drunk, snort some blow and fock like wild monkeys. Whaddya say?

Tammy: Um ...

Ed: Think about it, and I'll get back to you later today.

What should Tammy do?

A.) Just ignore Ed. That's just Ed being Ed.

B.) Make plans to meet Ed at his place, because he'll just keep bugging Tammy if she doesn't.

C.) Set herself on fire and run out into traffic.

D.) Report Ed to human resources immediately.

It is 2023 and I am no Tom Brady. D is always the answer 

Yeah, we have mandatory compliance courses we have to take every year. Unconscious bias is a newer one. We've had to take several others about diversity, inclusion, sexual harassment, etc. 

Your intentional bias still intact? :(

28 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Yeah, we have mandatory compliance courses we have to take every year. Unconscious bias is a newer one. We've had to take several others about diversity, inclusion, sexual harassment, etc. 

I'm fully expecting this "unconscious bias" bullsh1t to make an appearance for our company this year as well. 

21 minutes ago, DonS said:

I'm fully expecting this "unconscious bias" bullsh1t to make an appearance for our company this year as well. 

Yeah me too. Our HR is out of control. I can’t fire anyone anymore. If an employee calls out sick for a third day in a row I am supposed to call them as a well check. GTF out of here !!!

We have to answer safety questions at computer terminals at work, at least 3 times per week. One of them asks about transsexuals, and I match my answer to "mental illness". I've been doing it for months, and I'm waiting for HR to try and correct me. I have no idea what trannies have to do with workplace safety and conduct.

54 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

We have to answer safety questions at computer terminals at work, at least 3 times per week. One of them asks about transsexuals, and I match my answer to "mental illness". I've been doing it for months, and I'm waiting for HR to try and correct me. I have no idea what trannies have to do with workplace safety and conduct.

Well if you fail to practice proper workplace safety you could end up getting your johnson ripped off.  BOOM!  Welcome to tranny-land! 

I legitimately had to sit through something like this. I found it really insulting. Kind of sending to be sure. And hypocritical without a doubt. Oh wait, you're telling me that it's wrong to assume that a single group of people all think the same way if they all have the same skin color? You mean like the way you're assuming all white people think the same way about minorities?

15 hours ago, Mookz said:

Your intentional bias still intact? :(

Right? That is really what I need training on

So was it just a 90 minute loop repeating that white people are all raciss? 

So I am taking some training today that has to be taken by state law - one hour of sexual harassment training. 

There is a new act that sits with the Senate right now, the CROWN act. It's about "protected hairstyles." 

Yes. Hair. 

9 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

So I am taking some training today that has to be taken by state law - one hour of sexual harassment training. 

There is a new act that sits with the Senate right now, the CROWN act. It's about "protected hairstyles." 

Yes. Hair. 

These emerging generations are sucking the life out of society  😑

• Like 1

This thread reminds me, we used to have sexual  harassment training every year. It seems like it has been at least 2-3 years since we have done that. :dunno:

• Like 1

I spent 19 years in Fortune 100 Corporate America.  We had all those mandatory e-learnings, plus speakers and workshops on that stuff.  So glad I left and in a privately held medium sized company now.  

13 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

I spent 19 years in Fortune 100 Corporate America.  We had all those mandatory e-learnings, plus speakers and workshops on that stuff.  So glad I left and in a privately held medium sized company now.  

My company is private. The CEO is MAGA.  Sadly, everyone else is woke as can be

16 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

Yes. Hair. 

State Senate?  California?  Your fault.

On 3/15/2023 at 11:34 AM, edjr said:

MANDATORY

Wait till you have to take MARC training.  Men Affecting Real Change.  So far that has been the worst.

The one on Micro Aggressions was simply laughable.

Believe it or not Indigenous People Awareness training was the best.  One of the presenters said,   "We are Indians.  We don't mind being called Indians"  I thought all the woke 30 somethings were going to pass out in shock.

19 minutes ago, Bert said:

Wait till you have to take MARC training.  Men Affecting Real Change.  So far that has been the worst.

The one on Micro Aggressions was simply laughable.

Believe it or not Indigenous People Awareness training was the best.  One of the presenters said,   "We are Indians.  We don't mind being called Indians"  I thought all the woke 30 somethings were going to pass out in shock.

JFC :wall: 

20 minutes ago, Bert said:

At what point did you pull the feather out of your head tie and call it macaroni? 

On 3/15/2023 at 12:34 PM, edjr said:

MANDATORY

Just remember, some poor son of a biatch(like me) had to shoot and edit that video---he sat through it 20 times. 

4 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

State Senate?  California?  Your fault.

No, it's actually been passed as law in 20 states, it's up to the feds now.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/2116/text

As of February 2023, 20 states have enacted the CROWN Act into law and more than half of all states have filed or prefiled legislation for consideration. About 1 in 10 states have yet to formally examine the CROWN Act.

19 hours ago, frank said:

This thread reminds me, we used to have sexual  harassment training every year. It seems like it has been at least 2-3 years since we have done that. :dunno:

Maybe they decided you've finally got the sexual harassment thing down.