EternalShinyAndChrome

Rodgers to Jets

On Pat MacAfee show he said only thing holding it up now is what the Packers can get for him.

Appearing on The Pat McAfee Show Tuesday, Aaron Rodgers said his intention is "to play for the New York Jets."

After first explaining where babies come from and then getting into the known history of the early universe, Rodgers finally stated his intentions. He said the holdup is compensation talks between the Jets and Packers, and that it is out of his hands at this point. That part is clearly true. Rodgers also claimed he was "90 percent" leaning toward retirement before his now-infamous darkness retreat, but that he was jolted into wanting to return after emerging and finding the Packers wanted to trade him. Sure, whatever. The takeaway is that Rodgers wants to play in 2023 and the only team that currently wants him is the New York Jets. It is going to happen soon rather than later.

He really is following in Brett’s shoes. Does that mean he is going to show his weenie to a female reporter and end up on the Vikings too ?

6 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

On Pat MacAfee show he said only thing holding it up now is what the Packers can get for him.

Appearing on The Pat McAfee Show Tuesday, Aaron Rodgers said his intention is "to play for the New York Jets."

After first explaining where babies come from and then getting into the known history of the early universe, Rodgers finally stated his intentions. He said the holdup is compensation talks between the Jets and Packers, and that it is out of his hands at this point. That part is clearly true. Rodgers also claimed he was "90 percent" leaning toward retirement before his now-infamous darkness retreat, but that he was jolted into wanting to return after emerging and finding the Packers wanted to trade him. Sure, whatever. The takeaway is that Rodgers wants to play in 2023 and the only team that currently wants him is the New York Jets. It is going to happen soon rather than later.

Advantage Jets. Green Bay shouldn’t have said they were moving on. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

100%.  I have ZERO confidence in Love.  He hasn't shown much at all in his 3 years here.

I guess only time will tell.

I’ve never seen a professional athlete look more miserable while playing the game than Rodgers. If I was a GB fan I’d be excited to see something new. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’ve never seen a professional athlete look more miserable while playing the game than Rodgers. If I was a GB fan I’d be excited to see something new. 

As a Lions fan, I'm excited to see something new too. Fock. Before having Rodgers forever, they had Favre forever. Soon they can rejoin the rest of the league.

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

You would be pretty miserable too, if during your entire career you NEVER made a single mistake and every unsuccessful play was because one of your teammates let you down again.

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

Yea I would be exited to see awful production from the Qb.  

Just now, Voltaire said:

As a Lions fan, I'm excited to see something new too. Fock. Before having Rodgers forever, they had Favre forever. Soon they can rejoin the rest of the league.

Hold on skippy, they are already starting to carve Jordan Love's bust for Canton.  HOF QBs forever in Wisconsin!  :pointstosky:

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

Yea I would be exited to see awful production from the Qb.  

GB wasn’t winning anything with AR anyway. Plus he hates it there. Time to move on.

17 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

You would be pretty miserable too, if during your entire career you NEVER made a single mistake and every unsuccessful play was because one of your teammates let you down again.

Or...you could look at it as him looking miserable because he's tied with Rex Grossman with 1 conference championship win in his whole career. :dunno:

When you're a Jet
You're a Jet all the way
From your first cigarette
To your last dyin' day

When you're a Jet
If the crap hits the fan
You got brothers around
You're a family man

When you're a Jet
You're the top cat in town
You're the gold-medal kid
With the heavyweight crown!
When you're a Jet
You're the swingin'est thing
Little boy, you're a man
Little man, you're a king!

When you're a Jet 
you go on Pat Mcafee
You cut ties with the Pack
You're finally free

When you're a Jet
you're discussed on WFAN
When you lose you're a bum
When you win you're the man

When you're a Jet
the spotlight will be bright
and you're drama queen shizz
won't fit in right

4 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Or...you could look at it as him looking miserable because he's tied with Rex Grossman with 1 conference championship win in his whole career. :dunno:

After Dan Marino, you can't name a QB with more talent that accomplished less

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not really at this point.  GB has the leverage.    Jets players openly wanting him.  Lazard signed.  Other QBs signed elsewhere.    What leverage do the Jets have right now? It is probably why the FO has dragged its feet.  The longer it takes thr more leverage GB has.

3 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Aaron about to find out that the grass ain't greener, and the wine ain't sweeter, either side of the hill.

60 mill is fairly sweet

23 minutes ago, posty said:

I wonder what number he will be wearing?

Pretty sure that the Jets haven't retired #4

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Not really at this point.  GB has the leverage.    Jets players openly wanting him.  Lazard signed.  Other QBs signed elsewhere.    What leverage do the Jets have right now? It is probably why the FO has dragged its feet.  The longer it takes thr more leverage GB has.

How’s that? If they don’t trade him they have to pay him. And he stays on their cap hogging up a lot of it. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

How’s that? If they don’t trade him they have to pay him. And he stays on their cap hogging up a lot of it. 

Jets have no other choice now.  They are balls deep.  

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Jets have no other choice now.  They are balls deep.  

All AR has to do is say get it done or I’ll see you in camp.  Why would AR allow his new team to give up too much? He obviously has a grudge against GB. He holds the cards. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

All AR has to do is say get it done or I’ll see you in camp.  Why would AR allow his new team to give up too much? He obviously has a grudge against GB. He holds the cards. 

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I read it different.  AR is a complicated guy. 

What do you guys think thr compensation will be?  I know Corey Davis may get released he could be in package.  A 1st and 2nd seems reasonable.  Probably will have stipulations on if Rodgers plays more than 1 year or not.  

• Haha 1

Just saw tape of him saying he is debatably the best player in Packer franchise history.  I would note Starr, Hutson, Nitschke, Kramer, Gregg, Adderley, Wood and others should not be dismissed so easily.  Hey Rodgers, Starr has five championships.  The others have them as well and all were men of great character.

19 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Aaron Rodgers intends to play for Jets: Joe Namath says soon-to-be ex-Packers QB can wear his retired No. 12

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-intends-to-play-for-jets-joe-namath-says-soon-to-be-ex-packers-qb-can-wear-his-retired-no-12/

Weak.

Make AR get a new number...or sell it to him for alcohol.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

Just saw tape of him saying he is debatably the best player in Packer franchise history.  I would note Starr, Hutson, Nitschke, Kramer, Gregg, Adderley, Wood and others should not be dismissed so easily.  Hey Rodgers, Starr has five championships.  The others have them as well and all were men of great character.

I was listening and another Packer fan were at the same time in different rooms in our office. Both of us started laughing when he said that.  

So next on Aaron's bucket list should be to rip off the tax payers and welfare recipients of his home state...

2 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

So by saying he "debatebly" is thr best Packer means he dismissed everyone else? 

Thats an odd takeaway. 

49 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Treating schefty like family.