Sign in to follow this  
League Champion

Biden family received more than $1M from Hunter associate after 2017 China wire: House Oversight

The biden's being crooks is the worst kept secret on the planet. Same with creepy joe being POS president that is ruining this country.

• Like 1

Just now, seafoam1 said:

The biden's be crooks is the worst kept secret on the planet. Same with creepy joe being POS president that is ruining this country.

The news as reported doesn’t indicate crooked or corrupt behavior. Nor does it suggest anything in question with regards to his Presidency. If evidence appears to show either I’m open to it. 

8 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Biden family received more than $1M from Hunter associate after 2017 China wire: House Oversight

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-family-received-more-1m-hunter-associate-2017-china-wire-house-oversight

There has been smoke smoldering for a long time.  Looks like it is turning into fire.  Old Joe has some splaining to do.

Two things on this.

1)  [LiberalShill]  That transaction is being taken out of context.  You have no proof that there was a crime! Where is the proof of a crime!!!  Did the Biden's family sayyyyyy they were going to give them something for the money?[/LiberalShill}   It won't take long.  People who care more about Party and ideology than about this nation will step in and defend any  criminal  as long as that criminal is on their side....

2) Didn't Kushner get a big bad of money from the Saudi's during the Trump admin time? Are we ignoring that?

Bottom line.  We have to stop defending these people.  We have to assume that every last one of them is on the take, we will not always be right, but we will be right often enough to maybe stem the tide. Of course Biden is corrupt, as are just about all of them.

The Democrats will protect Biden because they only care about crime when it benefits them  politically.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Two things on this.

1)  [LiberalShill]  That transaction is being taken out of context.  You have no proof that there was a crime! Where is the proof of a crime!!!  Did the Biden's family sayyyyyy they were going to give them something for the money?[/LiberalShill}   It won't take long.  People who care more about Party and ideology than about this nation will step in and defend any  criminal  as long as that criminal is on their side....

2) Didn't Kushner get a big bad of money from the Saudi's during the Trump admin time? Are we ignoring that?

Bottom line.  We have to stop defending these people.  We have to assume that every last one of them is on the take, we will not always be right, but we will be right often enough to maybe stem the tide. Of course Biden is corrupt, as are just about all of them.

The Democrats will protect Biden because they only care about crime when it benefits them  politically.  

I agree with you that both Democrats and Republicans need to be treated the same. I agree with you that corruption is bad and should be punished. And I agree that this news bears further investigation.

I disagree that we should assume that every last one of these people are on the take. Call me naive but I don’t believe that. With regard to this latest news I still have no reason to assume, based on what we know so far, that Joe Biden is corrupt. Remember what needs to be shown: 

1. You need to show that Biden received money illegally or for corrupt purposes. 

2. You need to show that, as VP or President, that Biden affected or changed policy due to money that he received. 

There is no evidence to suggest, SO FAR, that either of the above happened. I think as of now we should assume that it didn’t. But again, I’m open to learning more. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If Trump did anything close……

Oh yeah.  It's ridiculous.  If Eric Trump was getting paid 500k for finger painting @The Real timschochet would throw a tantrum. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Oh yeah.  It's ridiculous.  If Eric Trump was getting paid 500k for finger painting @The Real timschochet would throw a tantrum. 

We all know this. They do too and are ok with it because they are on the side of good. And they act like they aren’t religious. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

1. You need to show that Biden received money illegally or for corrupt purposes. 

2. You need to show that, as VP or President, that Biden affected or changed policy due to money that he received. 

Neither of these will ever happen even if there is evidence. 

These people are so focking protected, it could be white paper, bold face, underlined and highlighted, and they'd still get off. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Strike said:

Why do you write this? If that happened I’d want to know more about it, same as here. But I’ve been pretty skeptical of some of the claims against Trump, particularly with regard to corruption. In all cases prove it. 

4 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

These people are so focking protected, it could be white paper, bold face, underlined and highlighted, and they'd still get off. 

Again I’m not as cynical as you. But even if you’re right, if the evidence is there it will change my opinion. Can’t speak for others. 

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Why do you write this? If that happened I’d want to know more about it, same as here. But I’ve been pretty skeptical of some of the claims against Trump, particularly with regard to corruption. In all cases prove it. 

Bullsh*t.  I bet you agreed with both impeachments.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Perhaps.

I prefer to read into the actions to ascertain what could be transpiring.

We know the FBI came into possession of that laptop.  We now also know their next move was to pre-denigrate it.  So we can reasonably infer that the FBI was suitably afraid of the content to pull levers to disparage it ahead of its actual content and value being known.  If they were THAT afraid of it, there is clearly information that could hurt Biden.

Now, the FBI and DOJ were not likely sitting back and waiting. They likely made use of the cushion the initial disinformation campaign provided to further protect Biden.  So on the one hand, your assertion has merit. By now protections have been setup for Biden to a large extent.  

That being said, we still have some people in congress who still care about justice, and we have to put our hope in them that something can be done to punish Biden and his accomplices. 

And @The Real timschochet, I just want to point out that the reason we have ethics laws is to avoid the MERE APPEARANCE of impropriety.  The Biden's have exceeded that threshold for decades but for some reason avoided any repercussions.   This goes to @TheNewGirl's point.  In most cases we will NEVER have proof of actual wrongdoing when it comes to politicians.  That's why we've created other standards that don't require it. 

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Strike said:

The first one for sure.  But the evidence was there IMO. 
The second one I wasn’t sure about; still am not. Trump’s lack of action on January 6 was, IMO, an impeachable offense. But by the time he was impeached he wasn’t in office anymore. So I didn’t understand the reason for it. 

There are many other scandals surrounding Trump that I’ve been much more skeptical about. The one most analogous to this situation is the theory that Jared Kushner got loans from Saudi Arabia which altered Trump’s policy. But I don’t believe that actually happened: for one thing, Trump’s policies regarding the Saudis were pretty consistent all throughout his Presidency. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

And @The Real timschochet, I just want to point out that the reason we have ethics laws is to avoid the MERE APPEARANCE of impropriety.  The Biden's have exceeded that threshold for decades but for some reason avoided any repercussions. 

This is a reasonable point- in theory. I’m not convinced that it applies to the Bidens- not yet anyhow. 

• Haha 1

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

The first one for sure.  But the evidence was there IMO. 

No it wasn't.   Much like the Jan 6th commission it was rigged.  If they had a case they would have allowed a defense.  

• Sad 1

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

This is a reasonable point- in theory. I’m not convinced that it applies to the Bidens- not yet anyhow. 

Yeah, why should we expect the Biden's to follow ethics rules.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think when it comes to the President, whoever it is, you have to move beyond the appearance of impropriety and show actual impropriety. If you’re going to impeach or indict him that is. 

• Haha 1

No it wasn't.   Much like the Jan 6th commission it was rigged.  If they had a case they would have allowed a defense.  

As I recall both the House hearings and the actual impeachment trial in the Senate featured a pretty vigorous defense by Trump- wasn’t Alan Dershowitz part of that? I didn’t find him compelling but apparently enough senators did to acquit Trump. 

So let’s get back to Biden: the two most specific charges against him seem to be that he has taken money from Ukraine and that has affected his policy on Ukraine, and that he has taken money from China and that has affected his policy on China. But as I wrote I have serious problems with these theories. Just like Trump with Saudi Arabia, Biden has been very consistent regarding his policies on both Ukraine and China. The accusation I hear most often regarding Ukraine is that Biden demanded the removal of a prosecutor supposedly to protect Hunter. But the removal of this prosecutor had been a long standing goal by the Obama administration long before Hunter was ever involved in Ukraine. 

So at least until now the evidence for wrongdoing just isn’t there. Of course, something could change…

• Haha 1

With regard to this latest news I still have no reason to assume, based on what we know so far, that Joe Biden is corrupt.

LMAO

18 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I think when it comes to the President, whoever it is, you have to move beyond the appearance of impropriety and show actual impropriety. If you’re going to impeach or indict him that is. 

I know we have had only male presidents so far, but this is mighty sexist of you...

The real crime is what happened to TimHauck, who has been relegated to Tim #2 on this forum due to TimSchoschets sheer craziness.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

If it might help....I can write a dossier....to move this process along.....^_^

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

The real crime is what happened to TimHauck, who has been relegated to Tim #2 on this forum due to TimSchoschets sheer craziness.

I find it an honor, and also incredibly reassuring, that the guy who predicts imminent nuclear war on a regular basis thinks I’m crazy. 

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

It’s interesting that many of you who disagree with me in this thread keep bringing up Donald Trump. I didn’t bring him up. If I had no doubt I would have been attacked for doing so. 

With regard to the Trump dossier it appears to have been a fabrication from start to finish, filled with innuendo. I believe it actually may have helped Trump’s credibility with his supporters. It certainly played no role in either of his impeachments or in any of the legal issues he currently faces. 

It’s interesting that many of you who disagree with me in this thread keep bringing up Donald Trump. I didn’t bring him up. If I had no doubt I would have been attacked for doing so. 

With regard to the Trump dossier it appears to have been a fabrication from start to finish, filled with innuendo. I believe it actually may have helped Trump’s credibility with his supporters. It certainly played no role in either of his impeachments or in any of the legal issues he currently faces. 

I bring it up because I am disenchanted that the robust accountability I enjoyed when Trump was President seems to have been lost now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Whaaaaat?  You fell for the Russia Collusion nonsense.  The Dossier.  Never any hard evidence.  Not one scintilla.

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

a dossier that the press will run with for 3 years with absolutely nothing verified from the start?   I mean NOTHING & the press & liberals salivated with this for 3 years including 70 million spent.

As for this newest Biden revelation - it will never amount to anything so the Republicans should just drop it.  The American people don't care about influence peddling or any other scandal where there doesn't appear to be someone directly harmed.  They just don't.  It's been proven time and time again.  It's wasted energy.  Focus on the shittty job he is doing.  And when the real campaigning starts, focus on solutions.  THAT is what Americans want to hear about.

2 minutes ago, shadrap said:

a dossier that the press will run with for 3 years with absolutely nothing verified from the start?   I mean NOTHING & the press & liberals salivated with this for 3 years including 70 million spent.

The dossier did achieve one good thing though - it destroyed any remaining legitimacy the Liberal msm had left with Conservatives.  Today I won't believe one single thing that comes from a Liberal source.  And most Conservatives feel the same way.  I imagine most Liberals feel the same way about Conservative news sources.  So there you have it - two nations living in one country.

21 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

As for this newest Biden revelation - it will never amount to anything so the Republicans should just drop it.  The American people don't care about influence peddling or any other scandal where there doesn't appear to be someone directly harmed.  They just don't.  It's been proven time and time again.  It's wasted energy.  Focus on the shittty job he is doing.  And when the real campaigning starts, focus on solutions.  THAT is what Americans want to hear about.

Oh there is definitely a negative impact on Biden.  Both Desantis and Trump are beating him in 2024 polling.

3 hours ago, Strike said:

yep, he did.  he was all in on both.  fact.

46 minutes ago, shadrap said:

OK!  Let's do it!   You can be my "source" if you want.....  and we can just make stuff up as we please!  :banana: