Sign in to follow this  
League Champion

Skittles And Campbell's Soup Could Soon Be Banned In California

"The Washington Examiner reports that the state's lawmakers are considering a bill that would effectively ban several foods, including Pez, Campbell's soup, Skittles, and Sour Patch Kids due to chemical additives. The proposed ban would prohibit the sale of foods containing these additives in the state, as well as the production of foods containing these additives, even if they will be sold elsewhere.

The bill was introduced by State Assembly member Jesse Gabriel and would ban five food additives that it outlines as harmful for consumption. Three of the five substances have already been banned in the European Union for the same reason. "

Commiefornia knows how to ban stuff.  flight bans to half the states.  bans on campbels soup, etc. 

I've eaten a lot of Campbell soups in the past, and pez as well. I am not an ounce overweight, I have normal (good) blood pressure, and all my vitals are in good shape. Just had my first colonoscopy and all is good there too. Heart is working great, circulation is good, healthy skin and a full head of hair except maybe a touch receding. Joints feel good etc.

It's not Campbell Soup's or Pez' fault if you are a mess. It's your fault if you eat the soup 3 times a day  or suck back the candy 24x7 and start getting fat and/or high blood pressure and bad teeth.

Don't gear policies in such a way because some people are idiots.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I stopped eating those long ago, for the reasons described, plus others [reasons].

So what are the bad  chemicals ? I don't eat any of those but maybe a Campbell tomato soup once in a great while.

"Californians shouldn't have to worry that the food they buy in their neighborhood grocery store might be full of dangerous additives or toxic chemicals. This bill will correct for a concerning lack of federal oversight and help protect our kids, public health, and the safety of our food supply," Gabriel said in a Feb. 22 statement.

Read More: https://www.thedailymeal.com/1231459/skittles-and-campbells-soup-could-soon-be-banned-in-california/

I'm glad that California still has neighborhood grocery stores. I worry that if the grocery stores get robbed too much, they'll continue shutting down and the unwanted and unwelcome idiots will have leave and contaminate the non-retarded states in search of food.

24 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

So what are the bad  chemicals ? I don't eat any of those but maybe a Campbell tomato soup once in a great while.

The worst one was a chemical called Bisphenol-A (BPA).  It's something found on plastics and epoxy.  To be fair, that was like 10 years ago.  I have no idea if they still use it.  I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they stopped.  The thing is, I've already written them off, so it doesn't matter.  For the most part, any pre-made canned soup has something in it that is not just unhealthy, but toxic.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The worst one was a chemical called Bisphenol-A (BPA).  It's something found on plastics and epoxy.  To be fair, that was like 10 years ago.  I have no idea if they still use it.  I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they stopped.  The thing is, I've already written them off, so it doesn't matter.  For the most part, any pre-made canned soup has something in it that is not just unhealthy, but toxic.

Thanks and know about BPA didn't know all it was in.

17 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

"The Washington Examiner reports that the state's lawmakers are considering a bill that would effectively ban several foods, including Pez, Campbell's soup, Skittles, and Sour Patch Kids due to chemical additives. The proposed ban would prohibit the sale of foods containing these additives in the state, as well as the production of foods containing these additives, even if they will be sold elsewhere.

The bill was introduced by State Assembly member Jesse Gabriel and would ban five food additives that it outlines as harmful for consumption. Three of the five substances have already been banned in the European Union for the same reason. "

Seems like more hysteria similar to climate change.  

Wasn’t there studies years ago in Europe that determined that the ingredients in Sweet-n-Low could cause cancer.

The little detail they left out was a human would need to consume something like 500 pounds a week.  

Certain additives in food have been banned by the FDA for decades (remember cyclamates?). 

When an additive is banned, the manufacturer just finds something else to substitute and that will happen here if it ever gets to that point (which I doubt). 

Skittles and Campbells Soup won't be disappearing from the shelves of California markets anytime soon.

5 minutes ago, squistion said:

Certain additives in food have been banned by the FDA for decades (remember cyclamates?). 

When an additive is banned, the manufacturer just finds something else to substitute and that will happen here if it ever gets to that point (which I doubt). 

Skittles and Campbells Soup won't be disappearing from the shelves of California markets anytime soon.

When did California become the FDA?

49 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

When did California become the FDA?

Didn't say that it did. Only that it is used to additives being removed from food products because they are deemed to be unsafe. 

38 minutes ago, squistion said:

Didn't say that it did. Only that it is used to additives being removed from food products because they are deemed to be unsafe. 

I've proven that Campbell's Soup and Pez are not unsafe.

23 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

I've proven that Campbell's Soup and Pez are not unsafe.

You haven't proven anything outside of your anecdotal evidence that it appears that they have not been unsafe for you (so far). 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, squistion said:

You haven't proven anything outside of your anecdotal evidence that it appears that they have not been unsafe for you (so far). 

Well, it's more than you got. When you meet someone in person and they end up dying of Campbells Soup or Pez, then let me know. 

Or even go back in your past of knowing anyone who ate that soup and died from it. What a drama queen.

Feel free to do heroin to your heart's content and sh!t all over the street. But soup is bad for you. 

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Feel free to do heroin to your heart's content and sh!t all over the street. But soup is bad for you. 

Wait, here's my favorite, plastic straws are outlawed but they hand out free needles. You can can't make this crap up. Libs are idiots. 

This is dumb. That being said, our food sucks.

11 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

This is dumb. That being said, our food sucks.

I just made a delicious artichoke and spinach quiche. Nothing sucked about it. 

And I like Campbell's chicken noodle soup with saltines although I don't eat it that often.

Pez is just candy like anywhere else in the world. Sugar. Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia is delicious. 

I also like frozen pizza and adding my own toppings. Yum. Way better than anything the east coast sells in their pizza places. 

We make a good black bean chili. Healthy as can be and delicious.

I also like buying blueberries and strawberries from Aldi. 

Great beef here in the states. Potatoes in many ways. Corn is delicious. Chicken, pork, lamb, etc.

I love the food here in the states. Both fresh and premade. :thumbsup:

The key is to eat healthy. You can eat things that aren't great for you, as long as you take care of yourself and eat them in moderation and be well rounded in your habits.

15 hours ago, League Champion said:

Wait, here's my favorite, plastic straws are outlawed but they hand out free needles. You can can't make this crap up. Libs are idiots. 

But the needles don't get stuck in Sea Turtle's noses. 

Who cares if a little kid gets one stuck in their foot at a playground? 

I'm a fan of most low-class candy (candy corn, circus peanuts), but Pez has to be the worst-tasting out there.  In my opinion, it's all about the dispensers. 🤔

On 3/18/2023 at 11:00 AM, MLCKAA said:

I like skittles 

You know who else liked skittles? Treyvon Martin. And look what it got him. 

Well I for one agree with that. Who the hell puts Skittles in their soup? That just sounds gross. 🤢