League Champion

Donald Trump claims he will be arrested Tuesday in Manhattan probe, calls for protests

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I have called out Biden’s bigoted comments on several occasions. But I don’t interact with Joe Biden on a discussion board. 

Oh ok.  Then keep your claims of bigotry to people here from now on. Thanks. 

Is Biden making comments on the irish the equivilent of Blacks using the n-word?  Can we not joke about our own, even if the joke is as tired as Biden himself?

If they have evidence, then yeah, do what is proper under the law.

Now.....when it's Biden's turn.... I will look forward the media and others......demonstrating the same level of interest.....

42 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Yes, I understand that there are many people who seem to hate each other. 

We're at war just not killing each other. Minus the violence what's the difference?? 

9 minutes ago, RLLD said:

If they have evidence, then yeah, do what is proper under the law.

Now.....when it's Biden's turn.... I will look forward the media and others......demonstrating the same level of interest.....

Good luck waiting on that. The legacy media NEVER goes after Democrats with the same gusto. Never ever. Just don't hold your breath.

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

We're at war just not killing each other. Minus the violence what's the difference?? 

Maybe we just say when I read things about WW3 and blood being spilled I don't take it to mean our current "war" 

14 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I think he makes a reasonable argument here. That being said Turley has been a pretty consistent defender of Trump over the last few years.

His main argument seems to be that there’s no way to prove that Trump paid off Daniels for the campaign (versus paying her off to hide it from his wife.) It’s an interesting point though the question then becomes why pay her off in 2016 right before the election? And of course a lot of this may come down to the believability of Michael Cohen who is a convicted felon. 

But Turley goes on to argue that because he believes the case is weak, that means it’s clearly a politically motivated prosecution. And I see that you’ve adopted that same position in subsequent posts. But it doesn’t necessarily follow. The DA may very well disagree with Turley as to the strength of this case. 

1)  You say Turley has been a consistent defender of Trump.  I disagree.  Turley is not some hack conservative.  He is a very principled legal scholar.  Any defense of ANYONE from him is not a defense of that person but of the legal issues involved in the specific situation.  If he has been defending Trump that's more an indication of the quality of the attacks on Trump than a defense of Trump.

2)  There is no doubt this is a politically motivated prosecution.  I've been following this case for years, unlike yourself who is ignorant as usual. The DA pursuing this case rejected it when he took office.  That led to two prosecutors who wanted it to resign, as Turley discusses in this piece.  Nothing has changed factually.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

It could be selective prosecution. I’m not convinced yet that it is, but also not convinced that it isn’t. 

But I also am not sure that, if it is selective prosecution, that means Trump shouldn’t be punished. If there is evidence of a crime and Trump is found guilty that’ would be what is important. 

If you truly believe this I don't ever want to hear you whine about more black people being prosecuted percentage wise than white people ever again.  Systemic racism that results in more black people being convicted is irrelevant.  If there is evidence they committed a crime and they are found guilty that is what is important. 

9 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Even if you accept his premises (which is that Biden also committed a crime) how does that change things here?

Putting aside Biden and Democrats, and all political concerns, do you agree that, if Trump committed a crime he should be prosecuted and punished? 

He’s being charged within a focking campaign finance violation.  It’s bullshitt, and there is no way he gets convicted of it.  There are a number of possible reasons why Trump paid Stormy Daniels and had her sign a non disclosure agreement.  He didn’t want his wife to find out.  He didn’t want his businesses affected.  He didn’t want to encourage every girl he ever met to claim that he had sex with them.

Liberals threw everything they had at Trump in the weeks prior to the election.  It was dirty and sleezy.  Karen McDougal and Stormy Daniels both accepted money to non disclose - and both violated their agreements.  Dirtbags.  Both of them.  And they’re dirtbag lawyers, one of whom was Michael Avennati.  You dipshitts loved him so much you wanted him to run for President.  Another sleeze bag was Michael Cohen, who blew with the wind depending on what he could get.  This was his official statement on the Stormy Daniels issue:

"Neither the Trump Organization nor the Trump campaign was a party to the transaction with Ms. Clifford, and neither reimbursed me for the payment, either directly or indirectly," Cohen said in a statement. "The payment to Ms. Clifford was lawful, and was not a campaign contribution or a campaign expenditure by anyone."

This is the Prosecution’s key witness.  Which lie are we to believe?

It’s another political witch hunt, in a long line of them.  Is Trump a sleeze as well?  Of course.  So is Biden and the Clintons.  Take your pick as to who you want to indict, and for what.

The Rule of Law is dependent on two things:

1. A common agreement on what constitutes judicial restraint.

2. Application of the laws in a fair, non political manner.

You Liberals have really screwed the pooch.  Because of you a-holes nobody has any faith in our judicial system anymore.  Conservatives have been more than patient with you clowns.  But enough is enough.  This is focking tyranny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/18/2023 at 10:27 AM, dogcows said:

Nice of Zuckerberg to re-activate his Facebook account just in time for him to incite another riot.

So basically any instance where lefties say protest is good is inciting a riot to you?  good to know.

1/6 people who walked around the Capitol got prison time.  But your local drug dealer selling fentanyl gets a slap on the wrist 10 times and let out back to public to deatroy more lives over and over again.  

Makes a ton of sense.  

56 minutes ago, Strike said:

If you truly believe this I don't ever want to hear you whine about more black people being prosecuted percentage wise than white people ever again.  Systemic racism that results in more black people being convicted is irrelevant.  If there is evidence they committed a crime and they are found guilty that is what is important. 

I agree with this. I always have. I certainly believe that systemic racism exists but percentage numbers aren’t a good indication of it. There are other statistics that make the case far more succinctly. 

34 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

He’s being charged within a focking campaign finance violation.  It’s bullshitt, and there is no way he gets convicted of it.  There are a number of possible reasons why Trump paid Stormy Daniels and had her sign a non disclosure agreement.  He didn’t want his wife to find out.  He didn’t want his businesses affected.  He didn’t want to encourage every girl he ever met to claim that he had sex with them.

Liberals threw everything they had at Trump in the weeks prior to the election.  It was dirty and sleezy.  Karen McDougal and Stormy Daniels both accepted money to non disclose - and both violated their agreements.  Dirtbags.  Both of them.  And they’re dirtbag lawyers, one of whom was Michael Avennati.  You dipshitts loved him so much you wanted him to run for President.  Another sleeze bag was Michael Cohen, who blew with the wind depending on what he could get.  This was his official statement on the Stormy Daniels issue:

"Neither the Trump Organization nor the Trump campaign was a party to the transaction with Ms. Clifford, and neither reimbursed me for the payment, either directly or indirectly," Cohen said in a statement. "The payment to Ms. Clifford was lawful, and was not a campaign contribution or a campaign expenditure by anyone."

It’s another political witch hunt, in a long line of them.  Is Trump a sleeze as well?  Of course.  So is Biden and the Clintons.  Take your pick as to who you want to indict, and for what.

You Liberals have really screwed the pooch.  Because of you a-holes nobody has any faith in our judicial system anymore.  Conservatives have been more than patient with you clowns.  But enough is enough.  This is focking tyranny.

You make some very good arguments here but you kind of taint them with your name calling, insults, and collective targeting. For instance I always found Avenatti to be shady and I would never have considered him a Presidential candidate. 

If Trump is indicted then I hope for all our sakes it’s not a weak case. If it is he should he quickly acquitted. 

49 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Anybody who violates campaign finance laws should be prosecuted. Maybe you are too young or simply don’t recall John Edwards’ case in the early 2010s. The case is pretty similar to Trump’s and yet… I do not remember Democrats calling it a witch hunt or asking for supporters to protest.

It’s pretty funny to see Trump’s level of outrage on this. After all, his real concern should be Georgia. What he is alleged to have done there is much more serious.

So, spare me the “this is politically motivated” when I can point to a similar prosecution only a decade ago towards a very high-profile person in the other party.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/former-senator-and-presidential-candidate-john-edwards-charged-alleged-role-scheme-violate

9 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You make some very good arguments here but you kind of taint them with your name calling, insults, and collective targeting. For instance I always found Avenatti to be shady and I would never have considered him a Presidential candidate. 

If Trump is indicted then I hope for all our sakes it’s not a weak case. If it is he should he quickly acquitted. 

He doesn’t make a single good point. Gimme a break.

Hillary wasn’t arrested.  But that’s different. 

31 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I agree with this. I always have. I certainly believe that systemic racism exists but percentage numbers aren’t a good indication of it. There are other statistics that make the case far more succinctly. 

Sure you do.  Except illegals.  They should be allowed to violate our laws with impunity simply because you don't agree with that law.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, dogcows said:

What politician hasn't paid a ??? Bill Clinton got a BJ in office was a regular at Epstein's house. 

1 hour ago, Patented Phil said:

Actually we didn't or very few of us did. Although he got a lot of publicity, Avennati never polled more than about 2-3% in any poll, so he wasn't taken that seriously by most Democrats.

27 minutes ago, Strike said:

Sure you do.  Except illegals.  They should be allowed to violate our laws with impunity simply because you don't agree with that law.

Different issue completely. But in any case I don’t believe illegals should be allowed to violate our laws. 

47 minutes ago, dogcows said:

He makes some good points as to why it may be difficult to prove that Trump violated campaign laws. We’ll have to see how this plays out. 

You think Trump would be a little more circumspect about calling for protests in light of past history.

• Like 1

Just now, wiffleball said:

You think Trump would be a little more circumspect about calling for protests in light of past history.

He's not the brightest bulb in the lamp. 

3 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I believe he’s hoping to intimidate the DA into not indicting him. 

30 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Different issue completely. But in any case I don’t believe illegals should be allowed to violate our laws. 

Bullsh*t.  Tim lying again.  You constantly, repeatedly said at FBG's that you thought it was ok for people to violate "unjust" laws, and you called out illegal immigrants in particular.  Such a focking fraud.  I'm ok with having a different opinion than you, but at least stand behind your words. 

3 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

Imagine thinking this is a good thing for this to be happening and won’t further send us spiraling downward. Nice job commies.

The Dems think it's a great idea because they're usually short sighted on things like this.  Some conservatives are ok with it because it's Trump.  Then there are those of us who see the precedent and the continued erosion of our norms and are just sad to see it happening.

The Snowflake Left are opening up a can of worms. Trump payed off a whoore , so what?? That's what whooores do, they take money. 

Biden's Son is a pedophile crackhead who's taken Millions 

13 minutes ago, Strike said:

Bullsh*t.  Tim lying again.  You constantly, repeatedly said at FBG's that you thought it was ok for people to violate "unjust" laws, and you called out illegal immigrants in particular.  Such a focking fraud.  I'm ok with having a different opinion than you, but at least stand behind your words. 

Yes I wrote that, but I also wrote that if illegals are ever to be given amnesty they need to pay a fine for having come here illegally and should never be allowed to vote. They should not avoid all penalties for their crimes. 

The reason you call me a liar so often, I think, is because my views are complex and nuanced, and that is alien to your simplistic, self righteous view of the world. My views are also fluid and subject to change, which often makes me seem inconsistent (though my core beliefs always stay the same.) But who cares about my consistency anyhow? Nobody but you and possibly @Horseman

7 minutes ago, League Champion said:

The Snowflake Left are opening up a can of worms. Trump payed off a whoore , so what?? That's what whooores do, they take money. 

Biden's Son is a pedophile crackhead who's taken Millions 

Then convict him. If Hunter did what you said let’s send his ass to jail. 

2 hours ago, dogcows said:

Anybody who violates campaign finance laws should be prosecuted. Maybe you are too young or simply don’t recall John Edwards’ case in the early 2010s. The case is pretty similar to Trump’s and yet… I do not remember Democrats calling it a witch hunt or asking for supporters to protest.

It’s pretty funny to see Trump’s level of outrage on this. After all, his real concern should be Georgia. What he is alleged to have done there is much more serious.

So, spare me the “this is politically motivated” when I can point to a similar prosecution only a decade ago towards a very high-profile person in the other party.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/former-senator-and-presidential-candidate-john-edwards-charged-alleged-role-scheme-violate

Selective prosecution.  On average a person commits 17 crimes a day.  So he didn’t declare an in-kind contribution.  Who the fock cares?  You’re going to arrest an ex-President 7 years later?  The whole world knows what’s going on here, except for you apparently.

I’d be much more concerned about the Bidens laundering millions from the Chinese.

1 minute ago, Patented Phil said:

Selective prosecution.  On average a person commits 17 crimes a day.  So he didn’t declare an in-kind contribution.  Who the fock cares?  You’re going to arrest an ex-President 7 years later?  The whole world knows what’s going on here, except for you apparently.

I’d be much more concerned about the Bidens laundering millions from the Chinese.

Your 17 crimes a day figure interests me.  From where does that figure originate?

54 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

Imagine thinking this is a good thing for this to be happening and won’t further send us spiraling downward. Nice job commies.

A former POTUS isn't above the law.  Noone should want that.  If Trump is innocent, he should have every opportunity to defend himself.  Likewise, the State should have every opportunity to put criminals in their place.  I'm amazed that the Trumpers have such a lack of support for the justice system.  

3 minutes ago, zsasz said:

A former POTUS isn't above the law.  Noone should want that.  If Trump is innocent, he should have every opportunity to defend himself.  Likewise, the State should have every opportunity to put criminals in their place.  I'm amazed that the Trumpers have such a lack of support for the justice system.  

String up creepy joe and obama first. And throw in killary for all the shlt she did. 

But no, you flaming liberals only want to go after those who oppose your desire for autocracy. Screw you.

5 minutes ago, zsasz said:

It’s not a justice system when it’s used for political purposes. Like in this case.  

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s not a justice system when it’s used for political purposes. Like in this case.  

One thing that can never be achieved is convincing a liberal what the truth is.

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I don’t care.  It’s about focking time we call out you lunatics.  You’ve pretty much destroyed the country.  i don’t think you have any clue how close we are to completely falling apart.  Trump being arrested for what should be a fine is nothing short of subverting democracy.  When the shitt hits the fan take a good long look in the mirror.  Because you aren’t a Patriot, or even a good American.  I can guarantee you that when the fighting starts your side will not be holding the American flag.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, zsasz said:

What is more of a crime?

1. Recklessly storing state secrets on a personal server?

2. Failing to claim a non disclosure agreement as an ink contribution.

Meh, why do I bother.  You idiots aren’t mentally capable of understanding the concept of judicial restraint.

• Haha 1

Looks like Jim Comey never met Alan Bragg. “No reasonable prosecutor “. 

Stormy Daniels in kind contribution

Russia Collusion hoax

Two stupid impeachments

Sending an army of FBI agents to collect “classified material” when Biden had them scattered all over the place.

I don’t even like Trump but this is all bullshitt.  Witch hunt after witch hunt.