League Champion

Donald Trump claims he will be arrested Tuesday in Manhattan probe, calls for protests

4 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Wait one damn minute, how is paying off prostitutes for the campaign not campaign related?

- Cohen set up Essential Consultants LLC is a Delaware shell company to facilitate payment to Stormy Daniels.

- As reported by the New York Time in February 2018 Cohen told them he paid the $130,000 to Daniels from his own pocket; he also said that the payment was not a campaign contribution.

- As reported by NBC News in March 2018 Cohen acknowledged that he had transferred funds from his home equity line of credit to the LLC and from the LLC to Daniels' attorney.

Trump is triple insulated from all of this.   

I didn't word that well.  What I meant was that the prosecution needs to prove that it clearly was not campaign-related.  That's difficult to do.

3 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

They will need to bring Terminators or something.    I hope they have special, reinforced handcuffs too (IF they ever catch him to begin with), as I am guessing he can break out of or escape normal cuffs.  

It’s like John Wick + Jason Bourne with off the charts charisma and intelligence 

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I didn't word that well.  What I meant was that the prosecution needs to prove that it clearly was not campaign-related.  That's difficult to do.

We're still backwards aren't we?  I think the prosecution has to prove that campaign funds were used to pay her off, and Trump knew about it and authorized it.  (You can't use campaign funds as hush money even though it's clearly for the benefit of the campaign.)

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This is the best they could do. Meanwhile no one can explain how Biden got so rich.  Even Biden can’t 

It has been explained. He made some shrewd investments in property over the years and:

How The Bidens Earned $16.7 Million After Leaving The White House (forbes.com)

How The Bidens Earned $16.7 Million After Leaving The White House

[...]

When Biden left the West Wing, the big money started coming. In 2017, the Bidens declared $11.1 million in total earnings, nearly twice as much in a single year as they had made in the previous 18 years combined. About $10 million of that flowed through two S-corporations called CelticCapri and Giacoppa. The Biden campaign explained in a press release last year that the money in those entities came from speaking engagements and book payments connected to Joe’s memoir, Promise Me, Dad, and Jill’s memoir, Where the Light Enters. Publishers Weekly reported in 2017 that the couple’s book deal with Flatiron Books was valued at $8 million. In February 2017, Joe Biden was also named the Benjamin Franklin Presidential Practice Professor at the University of Pennsylvania, a post that earned him a $372,000 salary that year. 

[...]

19 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

That he banged Stormy seemed to be in question by people. I assumed that was a given by everyone. Makes sense he would then pay her to hush her up - but we know that was cash wasted, Trump fan couldn’t care less. 

This is just picking up steam now because they couldn’t do this when this turd was in office.

I assume ultimately he’ll walk or just get some lesser charge. 

They should investigate the out of all public officials. If they are dirty see ya…plenty of other people to take your place. 

I assume he'll walk; I'm on record here long ago saying that the Left views him as more valuable in the race than out of it, and certainly don't want to make a martyr of him.  Still waiting on those 1/6 charges to come any day.  Also confidential docs.  They are slow-playing Georgia because they could actually possible convict him on that.

Agree with your last sentence.  I'm not really a Trump fan which you'd know if you'd been here a while, but I am very much NOT a fan of the witch hunts and the liberal MSM support of them. 

2 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

With an argument as strong as someone said something I can see why everyone here is upset.  It's pretty airtight. 

Said it under oath and they have direct knowledge since they said (under oath) they handed hundreds of pages to him.

6 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

We're still backwards aren't we?  I think the prosecution has to prove that campaign funds were used to pay her off, and Trump knew about it and authorized it.  (You can't use campaign funds as hush money even though it's clearly for the benefit of the campaign.)

I guess I misunderstood what you are saying, so I would say they need to do both what you said and I said.  From what I read it is less than clear-cut that such funds cannot be used in this instance, but I could be wrong, I read it in the Washington Post:

Yes, those payments were unseemly, but unseemliness doesn’t make something illegal. At the very least, the law is murky about whether paying hush money to a mistress is a “campaign expense” or a personal expense. In such circumstances, we would not usually expect prosecutors to charge the individuals with a “knowing and willful” violation, leading to criminal charges and possible jail time. A civil fine would be the normal response.

But Cohen is not the normal defendant, and prosecutors almost certainly squeezed him to plead guilty on these charges, in part, for the purpose of building a case for possible criminal or impeachment charges against the president, or even, daresay, “influencing the reelection” of Trump.

Laws, once stretched from their limited language and proper purpose, are difficult to pound back into shape. We should proceed with caution here.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/those-payments-to-mistresses-were-unseemly-that-doesnt-mean-they-were-illegal/2018/08/22/634acdf4-a63b-11e8-8fac-12e98c13528d_story.html

Note:  This article is from 2018.  It wouldn't shock me if WaPo sings a different tune these days.

20 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

They will need to bring Terminators or something.    I hope they have special, reinforced handcuffs too (IF they ever catch him to begin with), as I am guessing he can break out of or escape normal cuffs.  

Those tiny hands pose a problem for traditional handcuffs. 

9 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I assume he'll walk; I'm on record here long ago saying that the Left views him as more valuable in the race than out of it, and certainly don't want to make a martyr of him.  Still waiting on those 1/6 charges to come any day.  Also confidential docs.  They are slow-playing Georgia because they could actually possible convict him on that.

Agree with your last sentence.  I'm not really a Trump fan which you'd know if you'd been here a while, but I am very much NOT a fan of the witch hunts and the liberal MSM support of them. 

Definitely looking forward to those cases as well. The classified docs seems more trivial IMO but because it was Donald and the GOP spent so much time on Hillary’s emails it was a perfect story.

To the last paragraph - all media that sells ads will to some extent like “witch hunts” because the audience likes them. Turn on Fox for a few minutes.

Trump is not a victim. He is corrupt and sloppy he brings this upon himself. Sometimes by design but mostly because he’s a POS.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, squistion said:

It has been explained. He made some shrewd investments in property over the years and:

How The Bidens Earned $16.7 Million After Leaving The White House (forbes.com)

How The Bidens Earned $16.7 Million After Leaving The White House

[...]

When Biden left the West Wing, the big money started coming. In 2017, the Bidens declared $11.1 million in total earnings, nearly twice as much in a single year as they had made in the previous 18 years combined. About $10 million of that flowed through two S-corporations called CelticCapri and Giacoppa. The Biden campaign explained in a press release last year that the money in those entities came from speaking engagements and book payments connected to Joe’s memoir, Promise Me, Dad, and Jill’s memoir, Where the Light Enters. Publishers Weekly reported in 2017 that the couple’s book deal with Flatiron Books was valued at $8 million. In February 2017, Joe Biden was also named the Benjamin Franklin Presidential Practice Professor at the University of Pennsylvania, a post that earned him a $372,000 salary that year. 

[...]

He was rich before he left office.  Splain that. Explain how he bought the former DuPont mansion during his first term as senator. DuPont is the chemical giant based in Delaware, FYI. 

28 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

It’s like John Wick + Jason Bourne with off the charts charisma and intelligence 

You forgot the strength of Thor and Spider Man's spidey sense. And the integrity of George Washington. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He was rich before he left office.  Splain that. Explain how he bought the former DuPont mansion during his first term as senator. DuPont is the chemical giant based in Delaware, FYI. 

He bought the DuPont house in the 70’s for 185k while he was a US Senator. He’s a regular Rockefeller! 

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I can't find a link to the article I read a few years back, but he and his wife invested pretty much everything they made in property. They bought houses, fixed them up, and sold them over the years, flipping them for better properties - and this was before property values skyrocketed. It was all pretty well documented in what I read, and there was nothing that suggested anything untoward. 

5 minutes ago, squistion said:

I can't find a link to the article I read a few years back, but he and his wife invested pretty much everything they made in property. They bought houses, fixed them up, and sold them over the years, flipping them for better properties - and this was before property values skyrocketed. It was all pretty well documented in what I read, and there was nothing that suggested anything untoward. 

Great. When you find it let me know. Sounds interesting. Until then I’ll assume he got rich selling influence.  

26 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

He bought the DuPont house in the 70’s for 185k while he was a US Senator. He’s a regular Rockefeller! 

And you forgot to mention his involvement with The Dupont's. He was basically "Gifted" that house. There was some shady shizz between he and the Dupont Family. 

4 minutes ago, League Champion said:

And you forgot to mention his involvement with The Dupont's. He was basically "Gifted" that house. There was some shady shizz between he and the Dupont Family. 

What is this now?

5 minutes ago, League Champion said:

No way, not the biggest industry in the state he represented? Also, the guy went around for years telling anyone that would listen that he was the poorest senator in the country. Somehow his three kids went to prep schools and the most expensive private colleges in the country. And the corvette. 

7 minutes ago, League Champion said:

How did his brothers with no jobs get so rich? 

Just now, League Champion said:

Google it on up Son, he's been Cucked by the Dupont's since day one in Delaware. 

Don’t forget the banks. Delaware is just like an off shore haven for them. Wonder why student loans can’t be written off in bankruptcy? Joe Biden, that’s why.  

A ha, he sold his house to a bank executive. Nothing to see here folks! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

A ha, he sold his house to a bank executive. Nothing to see here folks! 

The smoking gun 😂😂😂

Bidens brother got the contract to build housing in Iraq. Not a builder.  Not a contractor. How did that happen? 

I bought a home in 2002 in Seattle. The current home I’m in is valued at 5X that first home. This isn’t unusual I would bet many folks in here can share similar stories.

I am not even connected to DuPont or the Banking Industry elites 

27 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Great. When you find it let me know. Sounds interesting. Until then I’ll assume he got rich selling influence.  

Assume what you want, but it was all well documented and above board, tracing the properties he bought and when, no suggestion of selling influence or anything else illegal. 

3 minutes ago, squistion said:

Assume what you want, but it was all well documented and above board, tracing the properties he bought and when, no suggestion of selling influence or anything else illegal. 

He bought his beachfront home in 2017. 2.7 million. 

17 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

in Seattle.

Well, that explains everything. Good Lord, no wonder why you're a Snowflake ❄️. You poor thing, you don't know any different. 

3 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Well, that explains everything. Good Lord, no wonder why you're a Snowflake ❄️. You poor thing, you don't know any different. 

You can shove the snowflake stuff up your ass 😂 

Just now, thegeneral said:

You can shove the snowflake stuff up your ass 😂 

Will you fit up there? I'm sure that you have tried with your boyfriend. How did that work out?

15 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

You'll never know the true net worth of scumbags like Biden.

All three of his kids went to Ivy League schools.  But he got rich after he left office. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

All three of his kids went to Ivy League schools.  But he got rich after he left office. 

I think they're all black because they voted for him. :dunno:

11 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Will you fit up there? I'm sure that you have tried with your boyfriend. How did that work out?

Are you saying me and League Champion had the gay sex? 🤔

13 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Being from Seattle you probably have that covered already 🤠

You just worry about your own buthole pal!