Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

Is the NCAA Islamaphobic?

9 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

the same values that I do - love, forgiveness, and tolerance.  In other words, the exact opposite of you.

On 2/28/2023 at 8:10 PM, Patented Phil said:

Two responses:

1. You’re a lunatic.

2. Go fock yourself

8 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

I didn't think it was possible but you are getting worse.  Even your insults are nonsensical.  

But Gutterboy gave some junkies a stale roll and some lettuce.  

10 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Another fail.  I'm a believer in Christian values, but by no means am I a die-hard..  I haven't been to church in about 5 years.  But when I do go back I'm 100% confident I'll feel right at home with people who share the same values that I do - love, forgiveness, and tolerance.  In other words, the exact opposite of you.

You also seem to be quibbling over my use of the word “diehard.”  maybe you’re not all diehard, but it seems like most of you are Christian is that correct?

Call that a backtrack if you want but it’s nowhere near as bad as you saying something was “truth” and then later saying you didn’t even believe it lol

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

But Gutterboy gave some junkies a stale roll and some lettuce.  

Your obsession with me is getting creepy now.

• Thanks 1

Just now, GutterBoy said:

Your obsession with me is getting creepy now.

The Giants have spent more than anyone in free agency. I guess they cleared that cap room to do it. Like I said. Do you ever tire of being completely wrong? 

This "controversy" is pure gold for Libtards.  I'd call it a gift from the Gods but that would be disparaging.  Look at all the posturing on twitter.  Virtue signaling galore.  "Look at how great I am.  I'm with the cool kids."  No, you're just displaying your low self esteem and loneliness.  Sad really.

18 hours ago, TimHauck said:

If he said Jesus wasn’t real or something similar, yes.

Don't Muslims say that there is only God, Allah and Mohammed was his prophet?  Does that not at least imply that all others that claimed to be prophets are some kind of lesser stature or counterfeit?  Muslims do say that Jesus didn't die on the cross, only that he was near death, taken down and nursed back to health.  It only appeared that he died on the cross.

As to resurrection, are you telling me that you've never heard of Christians believing they will have eternal life, raised up whole in the afterlife, through their belief in Jesus Christ?

Does your just-under-the-surface hatred of Christians allow us to conclude that your ceaseless vaxx promotion here means that the vaxx is not good for us Christians and that you are trying to eliminate us?

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You also seem to be quibbling over my use of the word “diehard.”  maybe you’re not all diehard, but it seems like most of you are Christian is that correct?

Call that a backtrack if you want but it’s nowhere near as bad as you saying something was “truth” and then later saying you didn’t even believe it lol

I'm 90% certain you are on the spectrum, so I'm going to stop pile-driving you into the ground.  I do think you need help though.

1 minute ago, Patented Phil said:

I'm 90% certain you are on the spectrum, so I'm going to stop pile-driving you into the ground.  I do think you need help though.

No need to let up. He’s just a house husband that doesn’t work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Another fail.  I'm a believer in Christian values, but by no means am I a die-hard..  I haven't been to church in about 5 years.  But when I do go back I'm 100% confident I'll feel right at home with people who share the same values that I do - love, forgiveness, and tolerance.  In other words, the exact opposite of you.

... for those who think like them, and come around to the church like you would in this situation.     At least that's been my experience with many "Christians".  

7 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Don't Muslims say that there is only God, Allah and Mohammed was his prophet?  Does that not at least imply that all others that claimed to be prophets are some kind of lesser stature or counterfeit?  Muslims do say that Jesus didn't die on the cross, only that he was near death, taken down and nursed back to health.  It only appeared that he died on the cross.

As to resurrection, are you telling me that you've never heard of Christians believing they will have eternal life, raised up whole in the afterlife, through their belief in Jesus Christ?

Does your just-under-the-surface hatred of Christians allow us to conclude that your ceaseless vaxx promotion here means that the vaxx is not good for us Christians and that you are trying to eliminate us?

From the Quran, and actively followed by millions of Muslims:

9:1 A declaration of immunity from God and His apostle to the idolaters with whom you have made agreements:

9:2 For four months you shall go unmolested in the land. But know that you shall not escape God’s judgement, and that God will humble the unbelievers.

9:3 A proclamation to the people from God and His apostle on the day of the greater pilgrimage:

God and His apostle are under no obligation to the idolaters. If you repent, it shall be well with you; but if you give no heed, know that you shall not be immune from God’s judgement. 

Proclaim a woeful punishment to the unbelievers, 

9:4 except to those idolaters who have honoured their treaties with you in every detail and aided none against you. With these keep faith, until their treaties have run their term. God loves the righteous.

9:5 When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way. God is forgiving and merciful.

9:6 If an idolater seeks asylum with you, give him protection so that he may hear the Word of God, and then convey him to safety. For the idolaters are ignorant men.

9:7 God and His apostle repose no trust in idolaters, save those with whom you have made treaties at the Sacred Mosque. So long as they keep faith with you, keep faith with them. God loves the righteous.

9:8 How can you trust them? If they prevail against you they will respect neither agreements nor ties of kindred. They flatter you with their tongues, but their hearts reject you. Most of them are evil doers.

Now THAT is disparaging.  And though I don't want my head chopped off, some people would also call it a "false prophet."  But in Liberal America you are not allowed to point this out.  Hell, it shouldn't even be tweeted.  You Liberals are nuts.

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Giants have spent more than anyone in free agency. I guess they cleared that cap room to do it. Like I said. Do you ever tire of being completely wrong? 

Obsessed.  And you're not even close you focking retard.  Fock just leave me alone already.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/offseason/

4 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Obsessed.  And you're not even close you focking retard.  Fock just leave me alone already.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/offseason/

You’re a retarded person. Seriously. 

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So, let me get this straight... an organization run by leftists (the NCAA), promoted something (by featuring it on their website/social media), that some people consider to be Islamophobic.  I'm guessing the people in the photo's are Muslim; they're the ones complaining, and you just happen to be championing their cause?

No.   There were quite a few people complaining about the statement in general, including some Muslims.   There were more (such as myself), not really complaining about him saying it, but moreso complaining about the NCAA Wrestling Twitter account tweeting it out.

The Amines are a pretty well known family in wrestling.  Between cousins and stuff there are like 8 of them, most of whom wrestled at Michigan.  One of them lost to Brooks in the finals last year and was an Olympic bronze medalist representing San Marino, although I believe they're originally of Lebanese descent.  I think there are 4 in that picture, and then the other 3 are brothers that are Jewish that represent Israel (there are 3 of them, definitely at least 2 in the picture). 

For the record I don't actually think the NCAA is Islamaphobic.  But whoever was running the NCAA Wrestling twitter account on Saturday night might have been.

32 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

LOL.

I already addressed the main point here, that "saying there is only one God" is implying that the others are lesser or counterfeit.   Yes, that IMPLIES it. But that is pretty common to say and more understood as not really disparaging.   You don't often hear people come out and directly say (not imply), that someone else's God is "false," so it certainly seemed a bit over the top.  But like I said, it was his right to say it, my bigger issue is with the NCAA wrestling account tweeting it out.

Is "afterlife" the same as resurrected/eternal life?  I thought you believed you went to heaven after you died and that was the afterlife, I didn't realize that was considered to be "eternal life" and "resurrected."  I mean "afterlife" by definition seems to be referring to something that's not life.

30 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

From the Quran, and actively followed by millions of Muslims:

9:1 A declaration of immunity from God and His apostle to the idolaters with whom you have made agreements:

9:2 For four months you shall go unmolested in the land. But know that you shall not escape God’s judgement, and that God will humble the unbelievers.

9:3 A proclamation to the people from God and His apostle on the day of the greater pilgrimage:

God and His apostle are under no obligation to the idolaters. If you repent, it shall be well with you; but if you give no heed, know that you shall not be immune from God’s judgement. 

Proclaim a woeful punishment to the unbelievers, 

9:4 except to those idolaters who have honoured their treaties with you in every detail and aided none against you. With these keep faith, until their treaties have run their term. God loves the righteous.

9:5 When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way. God is forgiving and merciful.

9:6 If an idolater seeks asylum with you, give him protection so that he may hear the Word of God, and then convey him to safety. For the idolaters are ignorant men.

9:7 God and His apostle repose no trust in idolaters, save those with whom you have made treaties at the Sacred Mosque. So long as they keep faith with you, keep faith with them. God loves the righteous.

9:8 How can you trust them? If they prevail against you they will respect neither agreements nor ties of kindred. They flatter you with their tongues, but their hearts reject you. Most of them are evil doers.

Now THAT is disparaging.

I agree.   Did any of the wrestlers talk about this on Saturday?

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

No.   There were quite a few people complaining about the statement in general, including some Muslims.   There were more (such as myself), not really complaining about him saying it, but moreso complaining about the NCAA Wrestling Twitter account tweeting it out.

The Amines are a pretty well known family in wrestling.  Between cousins and stuff there are like 8 of them, most of whom wrestled at Michigan.  One of them lost to Brooks in the finals last year and was an Olympic bronze medalist representing San Marino, although I believe they're originally of Lebanese descent.  I think there are 4 in that picture, and then the other 3 are brothers that are Jewish that represent Israel (there are 3 of them, definitely at least 2 in the picture). 

For the record I don't actually think the NCAA is Islamaphobic.  But whoever was running the NCAA Wrestling twitter account on Saturday night might have been.

Listen you authoritarian little puke - you don't get to bully companies into saying and tweeting only what your delicate little mind is capable of hearing.  You're nothing but a scared little coward posing as a bully.  Get a life already.  Live and let live.

5 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Listen you authoritarian little puke - you don't get to bully companies into saying and tweeting only what your delicate little mind is capable of hearing.  You're nothing but a scared little coward posing as a bully.  Get a life already.  Live and let live.

So much love, forgiveness, and tolerance

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

I never said I did.  Just that it was stupid for them to do so.  ‘Merica.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

So much love, forgiveness, and tolerance

Tough love gutterstink.  Someone has to knock some sense into these nitwits.

1 minute ago, Patented Phil said:

Tough love gutterstink.  Someone has to knock some sense into these nitwits.

Live and Let Live, the advice from someone constantly telling trannies they are mentally ill and can't be a different sex.  You're such a loving and forgiving soul.

16 hours ago, TimHauck said:

For like the fifth time there is nothing wrong with him or anyone else expressing his beliefs.  I just don’t think beliefs that are disparaging towards others should be shared by the NCAA.   Heck even referencing the “one and only Jesus Christ” wouldn’t bother most people, but he basically went out of his way to diss Muhammed

You said this, which is supportive of censorship.  You also started a topic titled "Is the NCAA Islamaphobic."  

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Live and Let Live, the advice from someone constantly telling trannies they are mentally ill and can't be a different sex.  You're such a loving and forgiving soul.

You really are a retard aren't you?  I have never said anything like that about trannies.  I actually like trannies, as long as they aren't promoting their sexuality to children.  I also don't want any talk of sexuality until about the 6th or 7th grade.

Live and let live doesn't apply to focktards like you and Tim bullying your beliefs into the culture.  I'll fight that shittt till my last dying breath.  Better believe that Gutternazi. 

49 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

LOL.

I already addressed the main point here, that "saying there is only one God" is implying that the others are lesser or counterfeit.   Yes, that IMPLIES it. But that is pretty common to say and more understood as not really disparaging.   You don't often hear people come out and directly say (not imply), that someone else's God is "false," so it certainly seemed a bit over the top.  But like I said, it was his right to say it, my bigger issue is with the NCAA wrestling account tweeting it out.

Is "afterlife" the same as resurrected/eternal life?  I thought you believed you went to heaven after you died and that was the afterlife, I didn't realize that was considered to be "eternal life" and "resurrected."  I mean "afterlife" by definition seems to be referring to something that's not life.

The only LOL is you.  You complained that the NCAA repeated this on Twitter because you believe it offends Muslims.  Then you posted tweets of a Muslim wrestler who didn't like the tweet.  Who cares?  Why would you cater to the feelings of Muslims, especially if you're an atheist?  I already know the answer, Tim.  Anyway, in case you hadn't heard, Muslims are generally militant regarding their religion and regard other religions as bastardized versions of the truth.  That includes severe retribution for claiming Jesus Christ as fully God and fully man.  You seem not to be very well read on the subject of world religions, though.

Some Christians believe that in the afterlife our bodies are raised up whole out of the ground.  I can't believe you haven't heard that before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

I agree.   Did any of the wrestlers talk about this on Saturday?

No but the one you quoted today said, “Calling Mohammed a false prophet is a very serious statement.”  I’d imagine that Salman Rushdie and the relatives of the murdered victims at Charlie Hebdo would probably view those words as a veiled threat.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

LOL.

You don't understand how this works.  Christians believe in what's in the bible and Islam is not their path; same as Muslims believing in what's taught in the Koran - they are diametrically opposed.  Damn you're stupid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patented Phil said:

You said this, which is supportive of censorship.  You also started a topic titled "Is the NCAA Islamaphobic."  

No, it’s not.  Saying they were stupid for tweeting something is not supportive of censorship.

1 hour ago, Casual Observer said:

The only LOL is you.  You complained that the NCAA repeated this on Twitter because you believe it offends Muslims.  Then you posted tweets of a Muslim wrestler who didn't like the tweet.  Who cares?  Why would you cater to the feelings of Muslims, especially if you're an atheist?  I already know the answer, Tim.  Anyway, in case you hadn't heard, Muslims are generally militant regarding their religion and regard other religions as bastardized versions of the truth.  That includes severe retribution for claiming Jesus Christ as fully God and fully man.  You seem not to be very well read on the subject of world religions, though.

Some Christians believe that in the afterlife our bodies are raised up whole out of the ground.  I can't believe you haven't heard that before.

I posted the tweets from the Muslim wrestler because the GC righties told me Muslims wouldn’t be offended by Brooks’ comment.  Per usual, they were wrong.

No, I did not know Christians believed that their bodies get raised up out of the ground.  

No but the one you quoted today said, “Calling Mohammed a false prophet is a very serious statement.”  I’d imagine that Salman Rushdie and the relatives of the murdered victims at Charlie Hebdo would probably view those words as a veiled threat.

LOL, if you’re calling a tweet saying “We pray as you do, worship the same god as you do and break the same bread”

as a “threat,” then you are super triggered

8 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

LOL, if you’re calling a tweet saying “We pray as you do, worship the same god as you do and break the same bread”

as a “threat,” then you are super triggered

You really are on the spectrum.  That’s not at all what I said.  It’s almost like you have a filter between your ears and your little brain that restructures words and thoughts to fit your Narrative.

6 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

You really are on the spectrum.  That’s not at all what I said.  It’s almost like you have a filter between your ears and your little brain that restructures words and thoughts to fit your Narrative.

Tim thinks if Joe Biden took a shower with his daughter that she described as “inappropriate” that it’s perfectly normal to do so.  

20 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

What I quoted was in the same tweet you were referring to

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

You don't understand how this works.  Christians believe in what's in the bible and Islam is not their path; same as Muslims believing in what's taught in the Koran - they are diametrically opposed.  Damn you're stupid.

Not sure what this has to do with what you quoted.

I have said multiple times people can believe whatever they want.  But disparaging other religions publicly crosses a line IMO.

If you people can’t tell the difference between “I believe in the one and only God” and “no false prophets, no Muhammad, no anyone else” then I don’t really know what to tell you.

Yes the NCAA hates Muslims. The NCAA believes gays are okay. Muslims do not. The NCAA believes a man can be a woman. Muslims do not. The NCAA allows women to play sports. Muslims do not. The NCAA allows women to be out in public in skimpy clothing. Muslims do not.  NCAA stands for a lot of things Muslims do not like.

As expected, the NCAA took down his comments. Feel better now snowflake?  

It wasn’t expected.  Probably only happened because Helwani called them out.  But sure, that’s a little better I guess, but like I said they should’ve been smart enough not to tweet it in the first place

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

The NCAA allows women to play sports. Muslims do not. 

Fake news

Just now, TimHauck said:

Fake news

I knew that one would get your attention.