Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

Dell Technologies Match Play Bracket Challenge - Playing for fun anyone can join

i signed up

3 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

i signed up

Did you join the league? I don't see you in it. 

Might have to do a search for 

GEEK MATCH PLAY

14 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Did you join the league? I don't see you in it. 

looks like i filled it out but forgot to hit join and enter the GFIAFP password.   all good now

• Like 1

Sorry boys forgot I had an extra long weekend. 

I put Fowler to win it all 

Check out the replay on what Adam Scott just did. Terrible break. 

I quit

i might get 4 group winners correct :lol:

i know this is for absolutely nothing but lets go Semen Power!, Big Dik Rick!, Keegs!, 

i still wouldn't have wanted to draft this but I think I would have been open to putting some money on this bracket challenge if we had more participants. 

Why is this event going away again?

22 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

i might get 4 group winners correct :lol:

i know this is for absolutely nothing but lets go Semen Power!, Big Dik Rick!, Keegs!, 

i still wouldn't have wanted to draft this but I think I would have been open to putting some money on this bracket challenge if we had more participants. 

Why is this event going away again?

According to the Tournament Director John Uplegger, the decision had to do with the 2024 PGA calendar, and a match play event did not fit. "We have benefited from these guys being down the road for several years, it hurts to see they are going away," said Upchurch.

Just now, bostonlager said:

According to the Tournament Director John Uplegger, the decision had to do with the 2024 PGA calendar, and a match play event did not fit. "We have benefited from these guys being down the road for several years, it hurts to see they are going away," said Upchurch.

it seems counterintuitive to a lot of what the PGA is trying to do. We don't get any match play outside ryder/prez cups and the week always features an alternate field event so this could easily be one of the "elevated" events  (maybe it already is, I did not check).  Happening during march madness and bracket fever, I am sure the PGA could pump it up even more... hell, they could turn it into a little more of a party atmosphere. Not on the level of the WM, we only need one of those, but something to get more rah-rah in the galleries ala Ryder cups. 

3 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

it seems counterintuitive to a lot of what the PGA is trying to do. We don't get any match play outside ryder/prez cups and the week always features an alternate field event so this could easily be one of the "elevated" events  (maybe it already is, I did not check).  Happening during march madness and bracket fever, I am sure the PGA could pump it up even more... hell, they could turn it into a little more of a party atmosphere. Not on the level of the WM, we only need one of those, but something to get more rah-rah in the galleries ala Ryder cups. 

I am bummed about it going away, but when they decide to do it again, maybe they will do away with group play. For almost 20 years this tournament was a 64 man bracket until they changed it in 2015. I agree doing it now during the NCAA tournament is a great idea, but group play kills any real bracket challenge. Like you, I think I only got 4 guys correct. 

18 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I am bummed about it going away, but when they decide to do it again, maybe they will do away with group play. For almost 20 years this tournament was a 64 man bracket until they changed it in 2015. I agree doing it now during the NCAA tournament is a great idea, but group play kills any real bracket challenge. Like you, I think I only got 4 guys correct. 

Rahm let me down via losing to Billy Ho. 

Match play is ghey.  I will not watch one minute of this travesty.

12 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

Match play is ghey.  I will not watch one minute of this travesty.

Match play is the single sweetest form of golf. You’re banned from this thread