Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Spermoff: favorite fast food signature item

The fast food doctoring thread got me thinking... 

What is your favorite "signature" food item from a fast food chain?

For me it's probably the Whopper from Burger King.   <insert c0ck loving joke here>. 

Runner up is the Jumbo Jack from Jack in the Box <insert another c0ck loving joke here>

I loved the enchirito from taco bell...sauce covered  meat and a ton of cheese.

Taco Bell - Burrito

Burger King - Whopper. 

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

McD fries of course.  Better when they use beef tallow.

Agreed on McD's fries being awesome.   Way better than BK's. 

Can I include not current items?  Because the original Ultimate Cheeseburger from Jack in the Box was amazing.  But they changed it at some point.  Added sauce and changed the mixture of cheeses or something.  It's still very good but just not the amazing burger it was when it came out.

On a side note, had a Double Whopper for dinner tonight.  It's a good burger but just not quite there for top of the mountain.

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

Can I include not current items?  Because the original Ultimate Cheeseburger from Jack in the Box was amazing.  But they changed it at some point.  Added sauce and changed the mixture of cheeses or something.  It's still very good but just not the amazing burger it was when it came out.

On a side note, had a Double Whopper for dinner tonight.  It's a good burger but just not quite there for top of the mountain.

I was eating a Whopper when I started this thread. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Western bacon cheeseburger from Carl’s Jr.  we don’t have them around us, so when i have them it’s typically a road trip

4 minutes ago, DonS said:

I was eating a Whopper when I started this thread. :thumbsup:

Ordered mine with cheese and bacon added.  They forgot the bacon :mad:

Just now, Bier Meister said:

Western bacon cheeseburger from Carl’s Jr.  we don’t have them around us, so when i have them it’s typically a road trip

This would be my 2nd choice.  Love the Western Bacon, although I get it without the onion rings on it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

Ordered mine with cheese and bacon added.  They forgot the bacon :mad:

THOSE MUTHAFOCKAS!!!!! 

17 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

KFC's Chicken Skin with the 11 herbs & spices.

Came here to post this.  :thumbsup: 

12 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I do like those, but I haven't been there enough to know they had a "signature" item.

25 minutes ago, Strike said:

I used to get the bacon Ultimate back in the day.  Good lord was that delicious.  Remarkably I weighed more back then.  :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Came here to post this.  :thumbsup: 

I do like those, but I haven't been there enough to know they had a "signature" item.

I used to get the bacon Ultimate back in the day.  Good lord was that delicious.  Remarkably I weighed more back then.  :D

We had one close to us in college.  

carls jr

robertos

Pizza hut

in-n-out

were staples back then

Oh, have to add Jack in the Box tacos to this list.  Yeah Yeah, I know I've already posted.  This is why I hate "favorite" lists.  Sometimes you have more than one favorite.  JITB tacos are to die for though.

30 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

carls jr

robertos

Pizza hut

in-n-out

were staples back then

Robertos?  What kind of food? 

29 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

carls jr

robertos

Pizza hut

in-n-out

were staples back then

I thought about In n Out for this (I get the double double animal style), I don't know if they have a "signature".  Hell, all they sell is burgers.  ;) 

12 minutes ago, DonS said:

Robertos?  What kind of food? 

Sorry … it is a local taqueria in San Diego that is open late.

many late/early stops coming back from Mexico 

but we also had Rubio’s (ff Mexican)

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

A Royale with cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? 

A Big Mac.  Something about the metric system. 

Off topic but that is why gas costs so much over there.  If they used gallons and pounds gas would be cheaper and their cheeseburgers would be larger.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

I dislike thousand island and I worked at BK in highschool/early college so that eliminates 2 choices.

Going back to my Wyoming heritage, give me a potato oles from taco John's.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taco_John's

Oh yea, good choice, I've been meaning to go there recently and still need to.

Burger choice probably the whopper over the others.  Wendy's double a close second

Still do like the original BK Chicken sandwich.   

8 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Big 3 

Wendys

McDees

BK

wendys burger got severely downgraded.  so did its chili.

mcds hamburger is ok but worth like 50 cents not current price.

bk whopper is almost $10 lol. might as well go to an upscale place and get something way better for the money.  kyles kitchen has a great $10 burger but there are only 3 locations.

30 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

wendys burger got severely downgraded.  so did its chili.

mcds hamburger is ok but worth like 50 cents not current price.

bk whopper is almost $10 lol. might as well go to an upscale place and get something way better for the money.  kyles kitchen has a great $10 burger but there are only 3 locations.

I have 2 local burger places not including endless diners so I rarely eat from the three I mentioned but that is my big 3 ranking

I haven’t had it in months or maybe a year but my Friday night used to be Taco Bell - bean burrito (disgusting I know but guilty pleasure) and Quesarito with added black beans - heated it up at home with melted cheddar and enchilada sauce !!!

I just found out it is leaving the TB menu ! I’ll have to get it one more time. WTF. 

8 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

I haven’t had it in months or maybe a year but my Friday night used to be Taco Bell - bean burrito (disgusting I know but guilty pleasure) and Quesarito with added black beans - heated it up at home with melted cheddar and enchilada sauce !!!

I just found out it is leaving the TB menu ! I’ll have to get it one more time. WTF. 

Havent doen Taco Bell in a while but I got a bean burrito the last time.   Used to love them..  but the last one I got tasted.....off

Not sure how popular this place is nationwide but, Freddy's original double never disappoints. Probably my go to the rare occasion I eat out for lunch.

Chik-fil-A #1 is solid as well. I know this thread is about a single item but, the waffle fry chicken sandwich combo can only be enjoyed as 1. Neither stands out on it's own.

As far as Fast food now....Culvers Butter Burger is our go to..  One right by my house.  Their fish platter is super good as well.

McDonald's - fries 

Taco bell - crunch wrap

Chick FIL a - spicy chicken sandwich 

Wendy's - Dave's double 

Burger king - whopper 

Arby's - beef n cheddar sandwich 

GOAT fast food restaurant is Huey Magoos