Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

Fastest Street Car ( 2023 Dodge Callenger SRT Demon 170)

someone should ask @BLS how well the Dodge Challenger handles on the street

Only will only make 3300, most are probably already bought and will live life as garage queens.

3 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Still slower than a Tesla plaid

0-60 the Dodge is .33 faster:dunno:

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Only will only make 3300, most are probably already bought and will live life as garage queens.

I'll do that with one, but I'll drive the other.  Plum Crazy and Octane Red.  :thumbsup:

54 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

0-60 the Dodge is .33 faster:dunno:

It is a gimmick, the dodge comes "stock" with drag slicks that have a 5k mile warranty and the tesla comes stock with low rolling resistant tires without much grip.

A tesla plaid with drag slicks will destroy the demon, sad but true.

3 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Only will only make 3300, most are probably already bought and will live life as garage queens. be stolen and wrecked in the inner cities doing donuts in intersections or illegal street racing.  

fixored

44 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

It is a gimmick, the dodge comes "stock" with drag slicks that have a 5k mile warranty and the tesla comes stock with low rolling resistant tires without much grip.

A tesla plaid with drag slicks will destroy the demon, sad but true.

Now try to turn with it 

11 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Now try to turn with it 

With the 5,000 pound electric car or the oversteering machine?

12 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

What's more important when judging performance:

1. How fast a car goes 0-60 

2. How fast it does a lap at _____ circuit 

4 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

In a previous thread, 90sbaby said that any performance car would smoke a tesla 0-100.  After I explained to him that he was dead wrong, he then changed his story to "A tesla is not good on a race track"

Just now, GutterBoy said:

In a previous thread, 90sbaby said that any performance car would smoke a tesla 0-100.  After I explained to him that he was dead wrong, he then changed his story to "A tesla is not good on a race track"

You said Tesla's are comparable to 911's and the only reason you thought that was because it's 0-60 time.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Why are you posting in a public forum?  what's the point?  I don't get it - you think that's going to change anything?  :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

What's my important when judging performance:

1. How fast a car goes 0-60 

2. How fast it does a lap at _____ circuit 

Tesla is a minute slower than a stock 911 gt3 and 35 seconds slower than a stock wrx sti at nurburgring, which is my go to racetrack when looking up times.

The plaid model s beat the hellcat on the nurburgring by 20 seconds though. We will see if they ever race a demon on the nurburgring to get a better comparison.

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

You said Tesla's are comparable to 911's and the only reason you thought that was because it's 0-60 time.

Nope.

On 3/16/2023 at 3:00 PM, iam90sbaby said:

Tesla's are quick, they aren't fast. 0-100 they get ate up by any performance car.

And I replied with a video of a Tesla beating a 911 in a qtr.  That's it.  Take the L bro.

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

Tesla is a minute slower than a stock 911 gt3 and 35 seconds slower than a stock wrx sti at nurburgring, which is my go to racetrack when looking up times.

That's a lot dude.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Nope.

And I replied with a video of a Tesla beating a 911 in a qtr.  That's it.  Take the L bro.

Minivan man says what?

4 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

That's a lot dude.

Yes, not even close to the fastest stock ice production cars. It is because the battery weight. It isn't easy turning a machine that heavy even with it's traction control abilities and instant torque.

Straight line though.

Minivan man says what?

Sick burn bro.  I still dream of driving a VW Golf like you.

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

Yes, not even close to the fastest stock ice production cars. It is because the battery weight. It isn't easy turning a machine that heavy even with it's traction control abilities and instant torque.

Yeah, exactly. Not a performance car.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Sick burn bro.  I still dream of driving a VW Golf like you.

Don't forget my GT and my Z dude! I probably have more money in mods on my GT than that minivan costs, lol.

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Don't forget my GT and my Z dude! I probably have more money in mods on my GT than that minivan costs, lol.

:lol: You're on fire!

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

Yeah, exactly. Not a performance car.

Just looked up, it is a minute faster than a toyota 86, 50 seconds faster than a yaris gt, 36 seconds faster than a corrolla gr, 17 seconds faster than a golf r.

It has so much straight line speed that it can beat some of the budget cars.

3 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Just looked up, it is a minute faster than a toyota 86, 50 seconds faster than a yaris gt, 36 seconds faster than a corrolla gr, 17 seconds faster than a golf r.

It has so much straight line speed that it can beat some of the budget cars.

So has the same performance as a POS Yaris but the price of a 911, hard pass.

So has the same performance as a POS Yaris but the price of a 911, hard pass.

The yaris GT is a budget performance car not offered in america and it beat it by about as much as the 911 beat the plaid model s.

Same reason the hellcat exists and why there are drag race events all over the united states.

Some people like the pikes peak hillclimb, others are into f1, rally racing, nascar, gt3 class, lemans' hypercar class, and some people are into drag racing. The NHRA has 22 events so people must be into driving in a straight line, in which case the Model S Plaid does that quite well for how much it costs. The demon that the OP posted is also quite fast at driving in a straight line, and some people like that.

There is no one best car, although if there was I would vote the 911.

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

The yaris GT is a budget performance car not offered in america and it beat it by about as much as the 911 beat the plaid model s.

Same reason the hellcat exists and why there are drag race events all over the united states.

Some people like the pikes peak hillclimb, others are into f1, rally racing, nascar, gt3 class, lemans' hypercar class, and some people are into drag racing. The NHRA has 22 events so people must be into driving in a straight line, in which case the Model S Plaid does that quite well for how much it costs. The demon that the OP posted is also quite fast at driving in a straight line, and some people like that.

Nice to have someone around here that actually knows about cars.

Thanks for the post.

6 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

You can't upgrade them, you can't make them look better (they are very ugly vehicles) and nothing beats the sound of a tuned combustion engine. People that spend almost 6 figs on a EV are absolute idiots, which is what I originally said in the other Tesla thread. 

27 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

You can't upgrade them, you can't make them look better (they are very ugly vehicles) and nothing beats the sound of a tuned combustion engine. People that spend almost 6 figs on a EV are absolute idiots, which is what I originally said in the other Tesla thread. 

Most people do not upgrade their cars nor make them look better. I left my last wrx stock and i may buy another budget performance sedan this year,(corrolla gr, wrx, civic type r, golf r, etc) and no way do i do any mods to the vehicle. Even if i keep it for a few years and decide to track it at most i would do is the required brake upgrades.

As far as looks I do not mind the tesla. There are many features that would prevent me from buying one, like their proprietary infotainment system instead of android auto. But the looks would not be one of them.

I think spending 6 figures on any car is dumb, but i am not rich. However, if I was rich in some fantasy world, then a model s plaid would probably be in my stable of 20 cars.

Edit: I understand many people do mod their cars as well, especially those than own performance cars. However, I was pointing out that many do not mod their cars. Both scenarios exist.