Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

US base in Syria attacked by Iranian proxy forces after retaliatory airstrikes

Let's get some war going on.  🍿

Iran proxy forces fires multiple rockets on US base in Northeast Syria following a series of retaliatory strikes ordered by President Biden

Iran proxy forces launched about seven rockets targeting a U.S. base in Northeast Syria today in retaliation to the U.S., a defense official confirms to Fox News. 

In first assessments, there are no U.S. casualties and no damage to the base near the Al-Omar oil field.

The rocket attacks came after President Biden ordered a series of retaliatory strikes in response to a suspected Iranian-made drone that killed a U.S. contractor and wounded six other Americans on Thursday. The U.S. strikes reportedly killed eight Iranians. 

The Department of Defense said Thursday that Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps had crashed a UAV into a building near Hasakah in northeast Syria at approximately 1:38 p.m. local time, leaving one U.S. contractor dead. The attack also wounded five U.S. service members and another U.S. contractor.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-base-syria-attacked-iranian-proxy-forces-retaliatory-airstrikes

Clearly what we need is a red line to stop this stuff.

When Trump did something similar, but to a high valued target, he was starting ww3. 

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Clearly what we need is a red line to stop this stuff.

I don't think anyone respects the US enough these days to abide the drawing up of a red line not to cross if we put one in place.

8 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

I don't think anyone respects the US enough these days to abide the drawing up of a red line not to cross if we put one in place.

We have crossed like 80 red lines from Russia. War, killing enemies, etc is complex, dangerous and when viewed through a partisan political spectrum there is no correct answer.

Why do we have a base in Syria?

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

We have crossed like 80 red lines from Russia. War, killing enemies, etc is complex, dangerous and when viewed through a partisan political spectrum there is no correct answer.

yah there is a correct answer.  when your enemy has enough nukes to blow up the planet, you get out of their wars.

16 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

True enough. Well this was just a minor bombing though right? So then all is well?  hey, did we happen to have any ambassadors killed in this one?

I will give Trump credit for when he blew up Qasem Soleimani - if you are so inclined that killing these people is some times necessary. I’d prefer some Seal Team 6 covert type shet and when he gets offed we just say “huh what a shame”! 

The flip side of this coin is some could argue that it just perpetrates the cycle we are seeing played out with the actions this thread is talking about. 

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

True enough. Well this was just a minor bombing though right? So then all is well?  hey, did we happen to have any ambassadors killed in this one?

What difference, at this point, does it make?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

yah there is a correct answer.  when your enemy has enough nukes to blow up the planet, you get out of their wars.

Takes some giant balls to stand up I agree. You can’t allow these terrorist dictator types to run wild though.

Just saying, Biden is focking up everywhere right now, some places worse than others, but I told you all there was money to be made from his stupidity....

7 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Just saying, Biden is focking up everywhere right now, some places worse than others, but I told you all there was money to be made from his stupidity....

Every US hating country in the world wants Biden in office. Moves them up one large peg in the world power struggle.

2 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Every US hating country in the world wants Biden in office. Moves them up one large peg in the world power struggle.

Definitely not Russia. They preferred easily-manipulated Trump.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Ask Russia 😂

13 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Definitely not Russia. They preferred easily-manipulated Trump.

Easily manipulated into them feeling not comfortable to start a war in Europe? But under "hard ass" Biden they go on a European killing spree? Wow. Great perspective on people's lives you have there. 

I don't think you know much of what is going on under the Biden watch vs. Trump.

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

Easily manipulated into them feeling not comfortable to start a war in Europe? But under "hard ass" Biden they go on a European killing spree?

Russian ambassadors used to refer to Trump as a wrecking ball... "OUR wrecking ball."  Undermined NATO alliance, hailed Putin as a great leader, said he believed the word of Putin - a Russian dictator over his own intelligence agencies, reiterated Putin's belief that "Ukraine isn't really a country", etc....

You make it sound like Russia was too scared of Trump to attack Ukraine. Not even close - they wanted to see how much more damage he would do. Had Trump been in office, I don't believe he would've done anything.  Immediately after the invasion Trump called Putin's invasion "genius" and "savvy."  What a complete buffoon. And I voted for that twit.

5 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Russian ambassadors used to refer to Trump as a wrecking ball... "OUR wrecking ball."  Undermined NATO alliance, hailed Putin as a great leader, said he believed the word of Putin - a Russian dictator over his own intelligence agencies, reiterated Putin's belief that "Ukraine isn't really a country", etc....

You make it sound like Russia was too scared of Trump to attack Ukraine. Not even close - they wanted to see how much more damage he would do. Had Trump been in office, I don't believe he would've done anything.  Immediately after the invasion Trump called Putin's invasion "genius" and "savvy."  What a complete buffoon. And I voted for that twit.

Glad to see you on one level despise Russia and what they stand for and who they are as people in politics, then on the otherhand you put your faith into what Russian ambassadors say to the public. 

Putin waited for Biden before he attacked Ukraine for a reason. And it's paying off for him big time.

54 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Just saying, Biden is focking up everywhere right now

So, Biden shouldn't have retaliated.?.  If Biden hadn't you'd say he screwed up by not retaliating. He can't win. There's lots to gripe about Biden's domestic policies which stink on ice, but I don't see anything wrong with retaliating against an Iranian attack.?.

Then again, I'm not an "us vs them" guy.

2 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

So, Biden shouldn't have retaliated.?.  If Biden hadn't you'd say he screwed up by not retaliating. He can't win. There's lots to gripe about Biden's domestic policies which stink on ice, but I don't see anything wrong with retaliating against an Iranian attack.?.

Should have told Putin there would be no westward expansion of nato. Biden and the neocons did the opposite. 

2 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

If he didn’t do anything highly partisan folks would be crushing him. It’s the political game.

Giant pussay Trump couldn’t take it and had to lash out all the time.

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

Glad to see you on one level despise Russia and what they stand for and who they are as people in politics, then on the otherhand you put your faith into what Russian ambassadors say to the public. 

Putin waited for Biden before he attacked Ukraine for a reason. And it's paying off for him big time.

"Put my faith into Russian ambassadors"?  I just reiterated what they thought about Trump and it speaks volumes.  Jeesh, you're grasping for straws.

As for "paying off big time."  Russia is getting their asses kicked and getting sanctioned into economic purgatory. What pay off are you talking about?

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Should have told Putin there would be no westward expansion of nato. Biden and the neocons did the opposite. 

Growing NATO is the best thing to come out of this. 

Just now, League Champion said:

Just like Biden to go after the low hanging fruit. Let's not go after the culprits, let's make it look good for the media. 

Low hanging fruit. He’s calling bluff after bluff from the largest nuclear power on the planet 😂

15 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

"Put my faith into Russian ambassadors"?  I just reiterated what they thought about Trump and it speaks volumes.  Jeesh, you're grasping for straws.

As for "paying off big time."  Russia is getting their asses kicked and getting sanctioned into economic purgatory. What pay off are you talking about?

You mentioned the Russian ambassador's words to support some point you were trying to make. You put your faith in it.

Yet another Ukraine propaganda swallower.

Ukraine is getting torn to pieces. The people are dying and their country is getting turned into rubble. Enjoy the view from your couch in your cheerleader outfit. Biden has you right where he wants you. :rolleyes:

Iran isn’t going to stop. Just sayin. 

3 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Ukraine is getting torn to pieces. The people are dying and their country is getting turned into rubble.

That's Russia's big "pay off" ?  A destroyed Ukraine at the cost of an economic avalanche, humiliated military, and internationally labeled a pariah state?  That's not a pay off, that's a complete disaster for Russia.  :wacko:

Just now, GobbleDog said:

That's Russia's big "pay off" ?  A destroyed Ukraine at the cost of an economic avalanche, humiliated military, and internationally labeled a pariah state?  That's not a pay off, that's a complete disaster for Russia.  :wacko:

Why do you say economic avalanche when China just the other day made a deal with them? The ruble is doing fine. You’re not recognizing what’s going on. 

21 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why do you say economic avalanche when China just the other day made a deal with them? The ruble is doing fine. You’re not recognizing what’s going on. 

The ruble is doing fine?  Compared to what?  It's impossible to value currency that isn't being traded. It's purely fiat - decreed to have value by Russia.

I don't know the details of China's recent financial agreement with Russia, but I don't see it bailing them out. 70% of Russia's gdp was from oil-gas and most of that was to Europe, who's permanently gone. Now all oil sales are to India and China at a fraction of market value.  And gas sales... virtually none. They don't have the pipelines to move it to anywhere other than Europe. What little they do sell to India has to be liquefied and shipped, which is costly.

Russia has quickly become the junior partner in a previously equal relationship with China. I'm sure China is going to take full advantage of that.

23 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Iran isn’t going to stop. Just sayin. 

Probably not you tamp them down as much as possible. There is no policy we can have there that works seemingly. 

Just now, GobbleDog said:

The ruble is doing fine?  Compared to what?  It's impossible to value currency that isn't being traded. It's purely fiat - decreed to have value by Russia.

I don't know the details of the China's recent financial agreement with Russia, but I don't see it bailing them out. 70% of Russia's gdp was from oil-gas and most of that was to Europe, who's permanently gone. Now all oil sales are to India and China at a fraction of market value.  And gas sales... virtually none. They don't have the pipelines to move it to anywhere other than Europe. What little they do sell to India has to be liquefied and shipped, which is costly.

Russia has quickly become the junior partner in a previously equal relationship with China. I'm sure China is going to take full advantage of that.

I’m sure China will. And in the meantime Russia gets its money keeping them in the fight. Also, Russia’s oil is nationalized. They keep all the profit from what they sell. 

So apparently we have an air defense system at this base but it's not operational.  :doh:

5 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Never said any such thing.

what I AM saying is that across the globe, he is negligent in predictable ways and if you know how to play it there is money to be nade