Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Biden admin cracks down on air conditioners as war on appliances continues

😆

The Biden administration announced its latest home appliance regulations this week, targeting air conditioners in an action it said would reduce the nation's carbon emissions.

The regulations, unveiled Thursday by the Department of Energy (DOE), finalize energy efficiency standards for home air conditioning units, or window air conditioners, and portable air cleaners. The DOE said the move would cut air pollution and push consumer costs down by billions of dollars via energy savings.

"Today’s announcement builds on the historic actions President Biden took last year to strengthen outdated energy efficiency standards, which will help save on people’s energy bills and reduce our nation’s carbon footprint," Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm said in a statement.

"DOE will continue to engage with our public and private sector partners to finalize additional proposals like today’s that lower household energy costs and deliver the safer, healthier communities that every American deserves," she continued.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-cracks-down-air-conditioners-war-appliances-continues

It will not be long before they come for my grill and my smoker.

You can have my outdoor cooking equipment when you can pry my pulled pork out from my cholesterol infused hands.

FREEDOM!

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

It will not be long before they come for my grill and my smoker.

You can have my outdoor cooking equipment when you can pry my pulled pork out from my cholesterol infused hands.

FREEDOM!

Did you say "cholesterol"?!! No more pork!!

Smart for the opposition to mention how this will adversely affect low income folks more. Setting up a liberal culture war

21 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Smart for the opposition to mention how this will adversely affect low income folks more. Setting up a liberal culture war

How would it do that? Do you think his will result in more significant rent increases than people are already seeing?  If anything rents will likely be coming down in the near future

Every apartment in the projects that I’ve been in has at least 2 window units.  Joe hates poor black people

43 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

How would it do that? Do you think his will result in more significant rent increases than people are already seeing?  If anything rents will likely be coming down in the near future

An interesting take.  I don't remember that ever happening in my lifetime, but maybe it has.  Usually, at best, they remain static.  I am guessing with a constnt influx of illegals needing housing, and the increase in supply in no manner keeping pace with the increase in demand the opposite of your prediction will occur.  That said I am no economist nor do I have any expertise in real estate.

Those Lazy fatties won't put up with life without air condition. You know the ones that are always hot even if it's 5 degrees out.  Biden might have over step his bounds on this.

57 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Every apartment in the projects that I’ve been in has at least 2 window units.  Joe hates poor black people

And those are the least efficient units. So they go first. 

He's a racist. :mad:

21 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

:unsure: