Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Night Agent ....netflix

Very good show!!  10 episodes...we loved it.  Good characters and good action.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Very good show!!  10 episodes...we loved it.  Good characters and good action.

Excellent!  Have it in my list but haven't watched it yet.  Just finished up Shadow & Bone.

2 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Excellent!  Have it in my list but haven't watched it yet.  Just finished up Shadow & Bone.

How was Shadow and Bone?

Also thanks @Cloaca du jour, I've seen the trailer and been thinking of adding it.  :cheers:

Wife and I are currently watching The Last Kingdom, very good.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

How was Shadow and Bone?

Also thanks @Cloaca du jour, I've seen the trailer and been thinking of adding it.  :cheers:

Last Kingdom was awesome but, IMO, it got bit corny the last season or 2.  I still enjoyed it.

Shadow & Bone is pretty good, but it's another Young Adult series where the young kids save the day, everyone is so cool, and so smart and so awesome that it almost overshadows the series.  Things seem a bit too easy and safe a lot of times and there seems to be no real sacrifice so we can have a happy ending.   I give it one Netflix thumbs up but not two.  The production quality is good and the acting isn't bad, so there's that.  I like Ben Barnes from his role in The Punisher series and he's in this.

I think you'll still enjoy it, but the YA genre overall is getting a bit tiresome for me because it's the same formula every time.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

How was Shadow and Bone?

Im on episode 7 of the current season of shadow and bone. It's just okay. I might consider it better but it simply doesn't compare to other shows in it's genre (GOT, Witcher, even Cursed).. not saying it isn't worth a watch though. I look at it more in the high fantasy genre than the young adult genre eternalshiny put it under but it's probably a cross. 

Now Last Kingdom on the other hand.... congrats. You are currently watching the best show Netflix has to offer :cheers:. Can't wait for the movie.  

• Thanks 1

Looks interesting.  Review I read compared it to Three Days of the Condor.  Big fan of that, both the movie and the TV show.  So I'll check it out .  Thanks.

Watched first episode tonight.  Wife and I both enjoyed it.  Me likey that Rose actress. :wub:

On 3/25/2023 at 10:40 PM, WhiteWonder said:

Now Last Kingdom on the other hand.... congrats. You are currently watching the best show Netflix has to offer :cheers:. Can't wait for the movie.  

Amen.

On 3/25/2023 at 8:40 PM, WhiteWonder said:

1 minute ago, Reality said:

Amen.

Uhtred son of Uhtred puts my wife in a happy place... and I wish we'd see Aethelfled nekkid more often; she has a killer body.  :wub: 

Destiny is all!

On 3/25/2023 at 8:40 PM, WhiteWonder said:

I'll need to add this to our list of what to watch.  The wife and I loved the Vikings show that started on The History Channel.  :thumbsup:

40 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Uhtred son of Uhtred puts my wife in a happy place... and I wish we'd see Aethelfled nekkid more often; she has a killer body.  :wub: 

Destiny is all!

English ?

Just now, TommyGavin said:

English ?

Your woman will like the hero guy.  One of the chicks he bangs has a killer body.

"Destiny is all!" is the sign-off Uhtred uses at the end of each episode's recap.

Not sure why everyone thinks night agent is so good.  Its passable, but nothing special.  

Last Kingdom was awesome.   Loved all 5 seasons and looking forward to the movie.

Night Agent is ok....Not awesome

Pet peeve but like in episode 2......they grab a cell phone from an unsuspecting lady and make calls on it immediately.  NO   Chances ae extremely good the phone is locked.  I get irritated at little plot movers like that   

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Destiny is all!

Agreed on the nekkid 

but that reminds me the only part that annoyed me about the show were all the similar names of the kinds kids and grandkids 😂 

1 hour ago, DonS said:

I'll need to add this to our list of what to watch.  The wife and I loved the Vikings show that started on The History Channel.  :thumbsup:

I never started Vikings but have been meaning to. I don’t want to watch Valhalla on Netflix until I see the original. I’ll use my work around site 👍🏼 and get in that soon 

12 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Agreed on the nekkid 

but that reminds me the only part that annoyed me about the show were all the similar names of the kinds kids and grandkids 😂 

Oh I know.  Aethelfledfredfeddeadhead... it's a challenge to keep straight.  :lol: 

12 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I never started Vikings but have been meaning to. I don’t want to watch Valhalla on Netflix until I see the original. I’ll use my work around site 👍🏼 and get in that soon 

We haven't watched Valhalla yet, but hopefully it's as good as the original. 

Downside of Vikings starting on History Channel is it means no gratuitous nudity. 😢

13 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

1 minute ago, DonS said:

We haven't watched Valhalla yet, but hopefully it's as good as the original. 

What is the original?  The Netflix one keeps coming up as a req.  :cheers:

4 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Last Kingdom was awesome.   Loved all 5 seasons and looking forward to the movie.

Pet peeve but like in episode 2......they grab a cell phone from an unsuspecting lady and make calls on it immediately.  NO   Chances ae extremely good the phone is locked.  I get irritated at little plot movers like that   

I liked how the killers in the opening scene were all worried about hiding their identities with ski masks, and then they had shootouts, car chases, and kidnappings all over the city in nothing  ut street clothes the rest of the series.

4 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Hey man!  No spoilers!!!!!  :lol:

Decent. Any show with a female president loses a few points. No need to ruin an action show with fairytales 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, nobody said:

Not sure why everyone thinks night agent is so good.  Its passable, but nothing special.  

It's watchable, a huge step up from most the other garbage put out. The bar is low now

i liked last kingdom despite uhltreds pretty shitty accent and acting. 

as for the OP show, we watched a couple episodes and i thought dialogue was real shitty. and story semi shitty. 

8 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

It's watchable, a huge step up from most the other garbage put out. The bar is low now

Im losing interest.   I's starting to remind me of a show you might find on ABC or something.  Meh.  I'm going to finish it.  I mean a few decent plot twists and mysteries etc so at least it has that.

Females are definitely in control...and don't forget gayness.   Gotta have some gayness

3 hours ago, WhiskeyCash said:

Good series. Just started it last night and it takes off running the very first episode. Highly recommend 

Goes down hill extremely fast.  yes..it starts well.   Then, by episode 6 or 7(can't remember which one I'm on) it dives like EDJR on a cack

I watched the first 2 episodes while packing last night. Enjoyed them enough.

Actually I enjoyed The Recruit on Netflix. I forgot to mention that, I think it's worth a go if anyone is looking for something to watch. 

Only a few episodes in, but one thing that is bothering me is the main Asian lady with perfect silver hair.

To me she doesn't look old enough to have that hair color. :dunno:

18 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I watched the first 2 episodes while packing last night. Enjoyed them enough.

Actually I enjoyed The Recruit on Netflix. I forgot to mention that, I think it's worth a go if anyone is looking for something to watch. 

I liked The Recruit much more than Night Agent

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bostonlager said:

I liked The Recruit much more than Night Agent

its the better show for sure. 

Watch almost all of episode 1, didn't really grab me, was ok I guess.

On 3/27/2023 at 9:54 AM, WhiteWonder said:

On 3/27/2023 at 12:45 PM, jerryskids said:

Thanks.  I may try to watch it.  :cheers:

Do it. Vikings > Last Kingdom. 

Night Agent one episode in, meh.  I'll probably keep going because not much in the que.