Patented Phil

Transgender Slaughters 3 Kids and 3 Adults at Christian Elementary School in Nashville

11 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

We have more than enough gun laws. 

Just not any requiring universal background checks or immediate reporting of a lost or stolen firearm. 

Just now, League Champion said:

Key words

You think private sellers are voluntarily conducting background checks if they don’t have to?

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

They probably wouldn't.   I don't know how easy it is to buy a firearm in each state.  I am just saying I myself am fine if you have to jump through 1 hoop to purchase.  Law abiding people should be able to plan ahead and have patience.  Criminals are the ones who don't have the patience and buy on a whim.  I don't want anything banned.  I just don't think it is much to ask of a responsible adult to go through a process.  (Admittedly don't know exactly how easy the process is in many states)

Since when do news laws and regulations not get expanded?  I got a pistol permit in CT and it takes at least 6 months to get it. It used to take 2.  Liberals have taken every opportunity to make the process more and more difficult. I think I went to the Town Hall and State Police about 8 times, and their hours are extremely limited so I’d have to take PTO time. They have also made the process extremely confusing, which I’m convinced is intentional.  Can’t trust these people.  There’s a very good reason the NRA and others won’t give an inch.

9 hours ago, dogcows said:

Does it come with a mule?

No but I'd probably buy a side by side eventually.

54 minutes ago, MDC said:

How about universal background checks and immediate reporting of a lost or stolen firearm? Republicans don’t seem interested in that either.

let’s discuss.

If a thug breaks in my house and steals my .357 what am I do do in your world?  And is mental health part of your background check?  Does a person born with a dlck, who thinks they are a woman have mental health issues in your world?

So the transformer was 28 lived with parents.  Went to college.  Was a freelance graphic designer and part time grocery shopper.  Whatever that means it sounds about right. 

38 minutes ago, MDC said:

So the real problem is gun violence by black youth but you don’t support any new laws to reduce that either. Got it.

:( Facts

Just now, Alias Detective said:

let’s discuss.

If a thug breaks in my house and steals my .357 what am I do do in your world?  And is mental health part of your background check?  Does a person born with a who thinks they are a woman have mental health issues in your world?

If a thug breaks into your house you’re supposed to immediately report it to the police. In some states you’re not required to ever report a gun missing or stolen.

Mental health - I’d be for a ban maybe if the buyer was in an involuntary psych hold or had a restraining order or something, not just vague “mental health issues.”

HTH?

Just now, Alias Detective said:

:( Facts

I thought it was trans? Long as we can blame a minority.

18 minutes ago, MDC said:

You think private sellers are voluntarily conducting background checks if they don’t have to?

They are if they are smart.  Only a matter of time before some Plaintiff's attorney convinves a jury failure to do so is reckless and the tradgic outcome foreseeable.  Right there we are 90% of the way to a new cause of action.

25 minutes ago, MDC said:

Federal law doesn’t require background checks for private sales of firearms. But you already knew that.

The states are free to require background checks for private sales.  22 of them do.

Unsure the utility of reporting lost or stolen firearms.  The value to society is what, precisely?  To infom police there is an existing firearm in the chain of commerce.  The change in total guns is zero.  If stolen the change in guns in the hands is what, one millionth of one pecent increase.  What does it accomplish?

Now if one of my firearms is stolen I am likely to file a theft report with the cops, but not necessarily because it is a firearm, but because of the theft.  Also, if I suspected the strange goth transgender kid across the street who kills neighborhood cats and who was seen last week screaming at the old guy across the street he was going to kill him, well I would share that info.

Just now, Patented Phil said:

The states are free to require background checks for private sales.  22 of them do.

Yeah and the rest don’t. That’s my point.

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

WASHINGTON–Rep. Tim Burchett, a Tennessee Republican, described the school shooting in his home state as "a horrible, horrible situation," but it's not something he thinks Congress needs to address. 

"We're not gonna fix it," he told reporters Tuesday. "Criminals are gonna be criminals." 

Yup, when one side just doesn't give a fock.

Dumb take by you. It's up to local law enforcement to manage the crime. And they shoukdn't be  held back by local liberal mayors and DAs and others that vilify police and let criminals out of prison at a constant rate. That whole defunding police and zero bail contributed to a ton of crime. Telling police to stand down during the 2020 riots didn't help much either.

Get your head out of your ass and stop looking for big DC government to fix everything for you. This shlt needs to be handled at the state/city/local/parenting levels.

In case you haven't noticed, criminals get guns illegally and will still get them if big government takes guns out of good people's hands. 

9 minutes ago, MDC said:

I'm sure nobody would purposely go to a state that doesn't require one for a private sale. 

12 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

You require proof before making decisions?  Did you wear a mask or get a vaccine?

And seriously, a sacrifice to not buy another AR-15?  Come on,.you sound ridiculous 

Which constitutional right other than the 2nd amendment are you willing to sacrifice?

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Yes, they are.  I should know - I've sold THREE handguns in the past year, all with the requirement that we march down to my FFL and the buyer does a background check.  Every one who bought my firearms had ZERO issues with that and all three passed the background check.

5 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Which constitutional right other than the 2nd amendment are you willing to sacrifice?

If I had to pick one of the original ten it would be the third amendment.  If any, I'm all right with revoking women's sufferage.  (I kid, I kid, because i am a misogynistic ahole)

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Just not any requiring universal background checks or immediate reporting of a lost or stolen firearm. 

How would either of these prevent gangs from conducting mass straw purchases and then filing off the serial numbers? You think the straw purchasers will require the gang members to go to an FFL to conduct a transfer?

31 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

I'm sure nobody would purposely go to a state that doesn't require one for a private sale. 

Felons who buy them in states that don’t require a background check for sure won’t bring guns into states that do either. :thumbsup: 

6 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Yes, they are.  I should know - I've sold THREE handguns in the past year, all with the requirement that we march down to my FFL and the buyer does a background check.  Every one who bought my firearms had ZERO issues with that and all three passed the background check.

I do the same except when I sell off the internal bulletin board at our police department.  Actually with local legislation and trends in litigation I will probably go to a federal licensee to conduct a check so I have that paperwork, even though I know these guys and gals are authorized, 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

That’s their business. That’s how our country should work

I disagree. I think it’s all of our business when lax gun laws allow felons to get their hands on firearms. 

9 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Good for you. :thumbsup: 

I’m guessing most people who sell guns in states that don’t require a background check don’t bother. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MDC said:

I disagree. I think it’s all of our business when lax gun laws allow felons to get their hands on firearms. 

Are you concerned poor border security may be allowing firearms to flow into, out of, and back into the country?  Have you looked into advocating furthr restrictions on 3d printed guns.  Those rascals are difficult to detect by many in service magnometers. 

3 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

How would either of these prevent gangs from conducting mass straw purchases and then filing off the serial numbers? You think the straw purchasers will require the gang members to go to an FFL to conduct a transfer?

We have laws against straw purchases. They’re just totally unenforceable if gun owners aren’t required to report a lost or stolen firearm or conduct a background check / keep a paper trail on private gun sales in many states.

13 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I stopped renewing my FFL, they kep raising the cost, just decided to take a step back. 

Just now, Engorgeous George said:

Are you concerned poor border security may be allowing firearms to flow into, out of, and back into the country?  Have you looked into advocating furthr restrictions on 3d printed guns.  Those rascals are difficult to detect by many in service magnometers. 

Yes and yes. But the idea that US criminals need to get guns from Mexico is pretty laughable. Why would you rely on Mexicans bringing guns across the border when it’s so easy to get firearms right here?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, MDC said:

We have laws against straw purchases. They’re just totally unenforceable if gun owners aren’t required to report a lost or stolen firearm or conduct a background check / keep a paper trail on private gun sales in many states.

Woman buys a handgun in state that requires background check for private gun sales. Woman than gives gun to boyfriend who files off the serial # and then murders someone. What now?

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Yes and yes. But the idea that US criminals need to get guns from Mexico is pretty laughable. Why would you rely on Mexicans bringing guns across the border when it’s so easy to get firearms right here?

Because, for a time at least, these guns were finding their way into the hands of disreputable pawn shops which were moving them like candy to unchecked persons throughout colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona.  A local problem maybe not endemic to the entire country, but certainly relevant in the southwest.  That pipeline provided and still provides guns to outlaw motorcycle gangs running meth and to cartel members engaged in running any number of drugs and in human trafficing.   

Oh, and they are often cheaper.

59 minutes ago, MDC said:

48 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Yeah, and I'm sure you have the stats for how many times a gun acquired this way was used in a mass shooting?  

There are already people claiming that the whole thing was staged.  I hate that we have people like this with a platform.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I'm not against it but do you really believe it will have a material impact?  I do not.  The government is currently unable to enforce the gun, drug and alcohol laws already on the books.  

23 minutes ago, MDC said:

Odd take considering...

12 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Yeah, and I'm sure you have the stats for how many times a gun acquired this way was used in a mass shooting?  

Right, how many times are guns bought at gun shows used in school shootings? Odd tangent.

14 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

We’re talking about routine gun violence because your guys say that’s the bigger issue and I agree. Try to keep up.

1 minute ago, Bert said:

I'm not against it but do you really believe it will have a material impact?  I do not.  The government is currently unable to enforce the gun, drug and alcohol laws already on the books.  

Yeah I do think making it harder for felons to acquire guns will reduce gun violence over the long term. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, MDC said:

Yeah I do think making it harder for felons to acquire guns will reduce gun violence over the long term. 

Just like outlawing cocaine will make it harder for addicts to get cocaine?  We have been battling that since the 70's and made negative progress but we magically think back ground checks and a government "war on guns"  are going to work.  

The problem is we are too lax on crimes committed with guns.  Very similar to alcohol.      

Just now, Bert said:

The problem is we are too lax on crimes committed with guns.  Very similar to alcohol.      

Facts.

2 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

Where can you buy a gun without a background check?

Just about anywhere. 20% of gun sales don’t go through background checks. Private sales don’t require one. 

And a delayed background check means no background check. Dylann Roof should never have been allowed to own a gun. But his background check was delayed due to crappy paperwork in the South Carolina police system. After 3 days of delay, you can buy the gun no matter what, which he did.