Sign in to follow this  
Pimpadeaux

Guns: The No. 1 cause of death for U.S. children

So the guy who thinks NPR is right Leaning is still going on with this farce of a post?  Still insisting his link is factual?  :lol:

No, seriously, Hollywood couldn't even make this s*** up.

Uh, I found out this week that 10-20% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage.  I think that trumps all y'all's stats!!!

28 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I didn't bring up Fauci, much less hold him up as my hero. You brought him up. I simply pointed out that he has never held the title of king, unless you consider the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases as some kind position of royalty. 

None of this takes away from the fact that guns kill more kids than anything else, and we're the only nation on Earth that gun deaths represent the No. 1 cause of kid deaths.

Facts!

Technically its congenital abnormalities.  

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, almost all of them are being killed by criminals with illegally obtained pistols. If every ar-15 were to vanish from the face of the earth it would barely reduce the number of children or anyone killed in the US for that matter.  If you want to solve a problem a good place to start is where the problem overwhelmingly exists. But liberals don’t really care, or they would insist on people that carry and use illegal guns were given significant prison time. But they don’t, and neither does George Soros or his puppets. 

Not only is it not ARs, according to what I see on Dateline it’s overwhelmingly .22 caliber guns.

Seriously, it seems like 90% of GSV profiled on Dateline are shot with a .22.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, almost all of them are being killed by criminals with illegally obtained pistols. If every ar-15 were to vanish from the face of the earth it would barely reduce the number of children or anyone killed in the US for that matter.  If you want to solve a problem a good place to start is where the problem overwhelmingly exists. But liberals don’t really care, or they would insist on people that carry and use illegal guns were given significant prison time. But they don’t, and neither does George Soros or his puppets. 

End of thread.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

And people with guns are the No. 1 cause of child deaths in this country.

People with abortion tools. Whatever they are.

53 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Meanwhile, homicides spiked because them right-wing, gun-toting fruitcakes still needed something to shoot, by cracky!

Hint - it’s the Liberal blacks in Democrat-run cities that commit an overwhelming percentage of gun homicides.  But keep drinking that coolaid.

I used to be in favor of banning assault rifles, but after what I have seen from the Left the last 7 years I am dead set against banning them.  The intent of the 2nd Amendment wasn’t to protect against crime, it was to protect against Government tyranny.  And the Left is going straight down that road.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

I used to be in favor of banning assault rifles, but after what I have seen from the Left the last 7 years I am dead set against banning them.  The intent of the 2nd Amendment wasn’t to protect against crime, it was to protect against Government tyranny.  And the Left is going straight down that road.

So go git that gun and git after it! Hooooooeeeeeeey, the south will rise again!

2 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

So go git that gun and git after it! Hooooooeeeeeeey, the south will rise again!

And keep pumping out those lies and propaganda crackpot.

11 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Goooo Waaarrrr in Europe!!!!! 🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️

Here’s the real truth, from a reputable source that actually cites where its numbers came from.  The data here is from 2030:

45,222 gun-related deaths, mostly suicides

19,384 gun-related murders

2.6% (513) of gun-related murders were due to mass shootings

3.0% (581) of gun-related murders were done with rifles – the category that includes “assault weapons”

Assault weapons and mass shootings aren’t the problem here.  It’s handgun murders, mostly in Democrat-run cities, and exacerbated ultra-Liberal DA’s, “defund the police” movements, no cash bail, etc. If Liberals really want to lower the number of gun-related homicides, get your focking house in order and stop going light on crime.

• Like 1

More children are killed by abortion. Who’s responsible for that ?   

2 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

Not only is it not ARs, according to what I see on Dateline it’s overwhelmingly .22 caliber guns.

Seriously, it seems like 90% of GSV profiled on Dateline are shot with a .22.

If you watch a season or two of The First 48 Hours 90% are killed by 380's. Point is poor criminals can't seem to afford high caliber pistols.

5 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I hear this a lot from pro NRA types. So I’d like to know: what laws are we not currently enforcing? 

It’s a serious question, not at all meant to be a “gotcha”. 

Here’s a start -

Philly gun arrests are on a record pace, but convictions drop under DA Krasner 

Police are on pace to make 3,000 arrests this year for carrying a gun illegally, a record, but the people charged are less likely to be convicted.

people accused of illegally carrying guns have seen their chances of getting convicted in court plunge from 63% in 2017 to 49% two years later.

“Krasner says, is not only ineffective but unjust and racially discriminatory.”

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philadelphia-gun-arrests-2021-convictions-vufa-20210330.html?outputType=amp

• Thanks 1

Now let's break these Child shootings down by State. How much do you want to bet that the mass majority of these shootings happened in Liberal Cities. 

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

Now let's break these Child shootings down by State. How much do you want to bet that the mass majority of these shootings happened in Liberal Cities. 

Well, that's probably a good bet, since odds are higher they happen in a city, and most of those are liberal.  

10 hours ago, Ultra Max Power said:

can we run the numbers again without gang violence?

Any discussion about guns has to include gang violence. Otherwise the anti-gun nuts don't have the stats they need to try to prove a non-existent point. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

You got a link to back up your crap?

I got more links:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmc2201761H

Here's a nice graphic for you to suck on:

https://postimg.cc/Wh0CYPX9

Here is NPR, a right-leaning news source:

https://www.npr.org/2022/04/22/1094364930/firearms-leading-cause-of-death-in-children

The New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/12/14/magazine/gun-violence-children-data-statistics.html

After you're done gargling my balls and chugging mouthwash to get the taste of my ass out of your mouth, get back to me, boy!

🤣

NPR leans right?  Learn something new every day.  I looked up the stats on the CDC's website.  That tells a different story than what you are asserting.  What the truth may be, I don't know, but I suspect it is other than you are championing.

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

I don't know if that is a good argument or not.  The majority of cities are liberal, so, obviously the numbers will be skewed.  There are also exponentially more people in cities, so once again, those numbers will be skewed.

Republicans and democrats have failed on making any decent advances in lowering gun deaths in the US.  I don't think just one is to blame.  This has to do with mental health, personal responsibility and enforcing stricter penalties.

• Like 1

I thought covid was :( 

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't know if that is a good argument or not.  The majority of cities are liberal, so, obviously the numbers will be skewed.  There are also exponentially more people in cities, so once again, those numbers will be skewed.

Republicans and democrats have failed on making any decent advances in lowering gun deaths in the US.  I don't think just one is to blame.  This has to do with mental health, personal responsibility and enforcing stricter penalties.

Really? NYC once had over 2000 murders a year. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Really? NYC once had over 2000 murders a year. 

You're proving my point.  The largest city is going to have more murders.  That's just common sense.  Arguments like this take attention away from the real problem and just waste time.

8 hours ago, Strike said:

Uh, I found out this week that 10-20% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage.  I think that trumps all y'all's stats!!!

You’re not denying that statistic are you?

37 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You're proving my point.  The largest city is going to have more murders.  That's just common sense.  Arguments like this take attention away from the real problem and just waste time.

Once had over 2000 murders. I’d say advances have been made. There is a way to reduce murders. It’s been abandoned. Your point is null. 

42 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

If you look at stats of gun violence/murder per capita, red areas start popping up at the top of lists.  

11 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

You can’t count gun violence between bloods and crips with 15 thru 18 years olds.  

Do you apply this same logic to gender affirming care?

Also I believe it would count 15-17, but not 18.

6 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

If you look at stats of gun violence/murder per capita, red areas start popping up at the top of lists.  

A guy on the Yankees got up 10x last year and got 5 hits. I guess he’s a ..500 hitter? 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Once had over 2000 murders. I’d say advances have been made. There is a way to reduce murders. It’s been abandoned. Your point is null. 

How is my point null?

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

How is my point null?

That no advances have been made. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That no advances have been made. 

Got it, it's all democrats and republicans have zero responsibility.  Pull your head out of your biased ass.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Got it, it's all democrats and republicans have zero responsibility.  Pull your head out of your biased ass.

Well, it was republicans that drove down the number of murders in NYC, by a lot. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

A strange expression.  We often use this expression which would require extreme physical flexibility to describe extreme intellectual inflexibility.

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, it was republicans that drove down the number of murders in NYC, by a lot. 

That's great.  I'd like to see more of it.  I'd like to see them work more on improving the mental health of our country.

1 minute ago, lickin_starfish said:

Occassionally over the years we have seen other disenfranchised groups, right and left, turn to gun ownership for empowerment.

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The New York City mayor not only is a Democrat but a former cop, and the murder-rate decline has been attributed to the NYPD's enhanced public safety investment. Also, Gov. Hochul, a Democrat, last year announced $50 million worth support for police departments.

https://www.nyc.gov/site/nypd/news/p00073/nypd-citywide-crime-statistics-january-2023#:~:text=For the month of January,each borough%2C in every neighborhood.

Why do you just make up stuff?

:wacko:

11 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

You got a link to back up your crap?

I got more links:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmc2201761H

Here's a nice graphic for you to suck on:

https://postimg.cc/Wh0CYPX9

Here is NPR, a right-leaning news source:

https://www.npr.org/2022/04/22/1094364930/firearms-leading-cause-of-death-in-children

The New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/12/14/magazine/gun-violence-children-data-statistics.html

After you're done gargling my balls and chugging mouthwash to get the taste of my ass out of your mouth, get back to me, boy!

🤣

NPR a "right leaning" news source?   Are you insane?

4 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

NPR a "right leaning" news source?   Are you insane?

Yes!

:banana: