GutterBoy

Cancel Bud Light! Maga Hissy Fit!

2 hours ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

What a stupid mistake by a company that should have no interest in getting involved with the culture wars, really an absolutely dumb move. No one asked for this. The employees/executives who made those decisions should absolutely be fired. I can't recall a stupider decision by a company in recent times, hell maybe ever. 

True.  I can’t imagine anyone waiting with baited breath to find out Bud Lights take on trans ideology.  It was a self inflicted wound.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Still ignoring the cumulative affect that preceded it.  

I get that but Bud Light has nothing to do with that and who knows how long this marketing was planned.  The timing was terrible, that's for sure.

45 minutes ago, Reality said:

AB took swift action and made changes, you should follow up with them. :dunno:

Companies have to make changes for the crybabies all the time.  They are always the loudest.  The sane people don't let things like this bother them and affect what they do.

1 hour ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Mulvaney is taking over Tucker Carlson's job.

New show called Tucker Johnson

😎

Well done

9 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Why did they choose him?

I'm assuming because of the social media following that he has and they would be able to target a new demographic.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm assuming because of the social media following that he has and they would be able to target a new demographic.

I guess the marketing department focked up then. Sad that they pay  their marketing executives millions of $$$  and couldn’t see this happening. I wonder if the highly paid execs at other billion $ corporations are paying attention 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

So they skipped over all of the hetero “cis” people with larger followings?   I wonder why?

People in general, not only beer drinkers, don’t like being p!ssed on and told that it’s raining.  BL succumbed to the woke ideologies that fly in the face of objective truths.  That’s why people are mad.  BL and all these other woke companies are insulting peoples intelligence and  they’re tired of it.

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Wait. You mean this was all about money for Bud Light? I thought they were just trying to show love to the trans community 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Fireballer said:

So they skipped over all of the Herero people with larger followings?   I wonder why?

People in general, not only beer drinkers, don’t like being p!ssed on and told that it’s raining.  BL succumbed to the woke ideologies that fly in the face of objective truths.  That’s why people are mad.  BL and all these other woke companies are insulting peoples intelligence and  they’re tired of it.

Isn't almost 100% of their marketing directed towards the hetero market already?

InBev has been supportive of the LBGTQ community for years and so have most other alcohol companies but no one paid any attention to it.  This wasn't shoved in anyone's face, it was blown out of proportion by people on social media and then on television.

How is a company trying to tap into another demographic succumbing to woke ideologies?

1 minute ago, Crestwood 2 said:

Wait. You mean this was all about money for Bud Light? I thought they were just trying to show love to the trans community 🤷‍♂️

I think we all know better than that.

1 minute ago, Crestwood 2 said:

By Jove, I think he’s got it!

3 minutes ago, Crestwood 2 said:

They rolled the dice and lost in a big way. 

Pretty much.  They weren't the first company to miss and they won't be the last.

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Isn't almost 100% of their marketing directed towards the hetero market already?

InBev has been supportive of the LBGTQ community for years and so have most other alcohol companies but no one paid any attention to it.  This wasn't shoved in anyone's face, it was blown out of proportion by people on social media and then on television.

How is a company trying to tap into another demographic succumbing to woke ideologies?

So the alphabet people didn't know about Bud light before?

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Forgetting the marketing idiot talked shite about their customers.  I’ll say this again: If they did this 5 years ago with Ru Paul there wouldn’t be this level of backlash. Agree? 

Just now, Strike said:

So the alphabet people didn't know about Bud light before?

No, but they may go out of their way to support a company that supports them.  That's one of the big purposes of advertising.  It's why my business donates to and sponsors our local schools and events.

I get what they were trying to do, but they mucked it up.  Trying to broaden their market is of course a good idea.  And it's not so much that they picked Dylan.  It's that they dipped their toes into political areas where they should have not.  That was the mistake and why the VP of Marketing deserved to be reassigned or whatever she was.

If they had created a Roe V Wade overturn celebratory can..that also would have been very very bad.   There are polarizing things going on in America right now.   And as a VP of marketing you should know this. I mean it's your job to know this.   And to take this position was just dumb and there is literally no reason to do it.  None.  

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Pretty much.  They weren't the first company to miss and they won't be the last.

So you have no problem seeing them suffer the consequences of their actions? I thought you said we all needed to “grow up” and “stop crying”. I’m confused now 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Forgetting the marketing idiot talked shite about their customers.  I’ll say this again: If they did this 5 years ago with Ru Paul there wouldn’t be this level of backlash. Agree? 

I agree.

RuPaul had endorsements with Absolut Vodka, Cheez Its and Old Navy, amongst others. Not a peep. 

2 minutes ago, Crestwood 2 said:

So you have no problem seeing them suffer the consequences of their actions? I thought you said we all needed to “grow up” and “stop crying”. I’m confused now 🤷‍♂️

I don't see a reason for their to be consequences to be honest.  I don't think they did anything wrong.

12 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

See no.   Absolutely no.  Their marketing is to BEER DRINKERS!  There is no difference between a hereto beer drinker and a gay or tranny beer drinker.   Why should they have to target any demographic....that's the big fat mistake they made.    

This ad played to no demographic.  It was funny, sold their beer and worked.   Remember these ads?  Tagline   "Good honest beer at a tasty price."   Thats how you sell a frickin mass produced beer

RuPaul had endorsements with Absolut Vodka, Cheez Its and Old Navy, amongst others. Not a peep. 

Is RuPaul considered a trannie or a cross dresser?

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I agree.

So it’s not just about this one ad campaign. People are justifiably sick of this crap. And the idiots at AB, mostly the Harvard educated genius, should have seen this coming. But she lives in a woke bubble. She failed big time and should be fired. For failing at her job, in spectacular fashion. But she enjoys that privilege her kind are always yapping about. 

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

See no.   Absolutely no.  Their marketing is to BEER DRINKERS!  There is no difference between a hereto beer drinker and a gay or tranny beer drinker.   Why should they have to target any demographic....that's the big fat mistake they made.    

This ad played to no demographic.  It was funny, sold their beer and worked.   Remember these ads?

I enjoyed those commercials.  What's funny, is that the actor in that commercial is the same actor in Always Sunny that marries the trannie. 🤣

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't see a reason for their to be consequences to be honest.  I don't think they did anything wrong.

Did they fock this up… yes or no?

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Is RuPaul considered a trannie or a cross dresser?

Come on. No one is making that distinction.

So it’s not just about this one ad campaign. People are justifiably sick of this crap. And the idiots at AB, mostly the Harvard educated genius, should have seen this coming. But she lives in a woke bubble. She failed big time and should be fired. For failing at her job, in spectacular fashion. But she enjoys that privilege her kind are always yapping about. 

You know..I've thought on this and I think you are spot on.  She probably hangs out with those that think like her, surrounds herself with similar minded people(think Timmy here) and because of that, really believed this would work. I mean why not? The rest of her white female friends LOVE trannies!!!  So she relied on her small data set and not any kind of market research to make this call.  And thusly was canned for it.   As she should have been

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

You know..I've thought on this and I think you are spot on.  She probably hangs out with those that think like her, surrounds herself with similar minded people(think Timmy here) and because of that, really believed this would work. I mean why not? The rest of her white female friends LOVE trannies!!!  So she relied on her small data set and not any kind of market research to make this call.  And thusly was canned for it.   As she should have been

Our President is currently taking the same path.  Or being directed to by the same types. 

3 minutes ago, Crestwood 2 said:

Did they fock this up… yes or no?

It's not a simple yes or no answer for me.

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Come on. No one is making that distinction.

It was an honest question.  I don't know if it makes a difference or not in the eyes of the public.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

It's not a simple yes or no answer for me.

Their sales are down 20%. Do YOU think that Bud light execs think that they focked up?  

2 minutes ago, Crestwood 2 said:

Their sales are down 20%. Do YOU think that Bud light execs think that they focked up?  

After everything has happened it's easy to say it was a bad idea.

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

We are in such a focked up state in this country that someone can fail at their job in the billions and not get fired because of woke. She should be out on her ass, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars. 

The radical left has no functional boundaries. Look at the rioting and looting in 2020. Also look at the mass protests outside of the listed homes of Conservative leaning SCOTUS. 

If AB fired this woman, it would trigger possible violence against them. I don't blame AB for not firing her. They are caught in the middle. If they don't fire her, some Conservatives and Republicans will be angry. But the odds of it turning into mass looting, rioting, burning and violence is pretty low. However if they do fire her, it's unclear to what depths the fringe extremist ends of the radical left will go. 

Don't get me wrong, there are fringe extremists on the radical right as well. But when the fringe radical left goes on the war path, it's treated as normalized. The MSM, many Blue strongholds and the current administration will run pure cover and pretend it's not happening. This situation is exactly why businesses should not get into politics period. At minimum, if they want to contribute donations to BOTH parties, which many high level business people do ( You'll see many NFL owners give to both sides of the aisle because it's like paying off a couple of mob outfits at the same time, you are paying for protection essentially) 

AB is essentially trapped. No matter where they go, in whatever direction, they will take losses and anger people. 

Look at what happened to Disney. They refused to stay in their "lane" And people can argue if De Santis is overreaching with his authority to punish a political enemy or not, but the message is being sent - No more. If you want to be an activist at work and your company wants to be an activist and their core product is not activism, then it's going to get ugly. 

I'm sorry for low level employees of AB who will lose their jobs over this mess. And free lance or contractors who are end level distributors, etc, etc. They didn't do anything wrong to anyone and just want to feed their kids. But now the "message" is being sent. Conservatives and Republicans doing a boycott might not be enough to kill off a business for good, but it can create enough financial damage where it forces companies to stay in their own "lane"

This happened at Coinbase. Several employees demanded the CEO to push for open activism through the company. He said we are here to work and provide a service for our customers. If you want to be an activist, I'll give you an exit package and wish you the best of luck. Many people took it. Brian Armstrong was criticized heavily at the time, but now he looks pretty forward thinking on the matter. 

At the core of this issue is entitlement. Many people believe they are "entitled" to have a company change for them. And they don't. What they can do is go work somewhere else that meets their personal vision, if that's their priority. Or vote with their feet and vote with their wallets. 

The flaw in the thinking of the radical left here is that they refuse to understand "good consumerism"  If you go to restaurant and you don't like the service, you don't go back. If you don't like a gym and how it's run, you don't go back. If you go somewhere and you don't like the culture or the instruction or the people there, find someplace else to go. If you don't like the stance of the restaurant owner or a sign he hangs up in his place of business, you can eat somewhere else. 

I don't mind if the radical left wants to boycott Chick-Fil-A. I could care less. Go ahead and do it. Go vote with your wallet. Go vote with your feet. That's the "vote" that speaks loudest. Of course the irony here is most radical leftists love boycotts that fit their agenda, then when it works in the opposite direction, then many scream some kind of tyranny is going on. 

Coinbase's No Politics Mandate a 'Success', Says Chief Legal Officer

The San Francisco-based cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase faced backlash last fall after its CEO, Brian Armstrong, wrote a lengthy blog post discouraging employees from participating in discussions about politics or activism at work. Some Silicon Valley executives praised Armstrong’s commitment to an apolitical work atmosphere (Jason Fried, the CEO of Basecamp, has since tried to enforce similar guidelines). Others considered Armstrong’s note a kind of political statement in and of itself—one meant to suppress dialogue around social issues.

In the wake of the backlash, Armstrong offered severance packages to employees looking to quit: at least 60 Coinbase employees reportedly took him up on the offer.

https://decrypt.co/70135/coinbase-no-politics-success

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/29/business/dealbook/coinbase-social-activism.html

Coinbase Won’t Allow Discussions Of Politics And Social Causes At Work—If Employees Don’t Like It, They’re Free To Leave

Armstrong bluntly said that he’d gladly offer severance packages to employees who aren’t comfortable with the new corporate policy of “political neutrality” in the workplace. The chief executive wrote in a letter to employees, “Life is too short to work at a company that you aren’t excited about. Hopefully, this package helps create a win-win outcome for those who choose to opt out.”  

His stance runs counter to the climate of many tech companies. A large percentage of Silicon Valley tech companies tend to lean left and the companies.... allowing and encouraging their employees to get involved with social, racial and political causes. .... Last July, workers at online furniture retailer Wayfair walked off their jobs to protest the company's decision to sell about $200,000 of bedroom furniture to a government contractor that operates immigration detention centers on the U.S. and Mexico border. When Wayfair CEO Niraj Shah refused to comply with the workers’ demand to cancel the sales, employees protested by staging a walkout.....Employees of Microsoft, Amazon, Bank of America, Disney, Nike, Uber, JPMorgan and other top corporations have railed against certain actions of their companies that conflict with their moral compass and social conscience. Social media amplified these employee protests. At times, this led to boycotts of the companies' products.  

If an employee no longer wishes to work at the politically agnostic company, Coinbase offers the following separation package:

Coinbase company email

12 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

After everything has happened it's easy to say it was a bad idea.

Well, that’s where the consequences come in to play. When you make bad decisions, there are consequences. My parents taught me this just around the same time they taught me how to tie my shoelaces. 

41 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Companies have to make changes for the crybabies all the time.  They are always the loudest.  The sane people don't let things like this bother them and affect what they do.

Sales dipped significantly, it clearly wasn't a small number of people.  Sane people are the one's speaking with their wallets. HTH

AB knows they focked up, that's why the reacted so quickly. Chalk one up to capitalism at work.

Do you have some sort of issue with individuals speaking with their wallets? You whine quite a bit, WTF do you care how people spend their $$? :dunno:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Sales dipped significantly, it clearly wasn't a small number of people.  Sane people are the one's speaking with their wallets. HTH

AB knows they focked up, that's why the reacted so quickly. Chalk one up to capitalism at work.

Do you have some sort of issue with individuals speaking with their wallets? You whine quite a bit, WTF do you care how people spend their $$? :dunno:

I don't care how people spend their money.  I don't let stupid things like that affect what I do though.  I'm tired of the cancel culture and being offended by everything.  That use to be what the right stood for but now they have joined the left.  It's crazy how similar they've become.

• Like 1

Geeks who wish death on other people and talk about minors getting raped and watching porn are taking a stand against this perverted case of light beer.

So brave! :lol: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't care how people spend their money.  I don't let stupid things like that affect what I do though.  I'm tired of the cancel culture and being offended by everything.  That use to be what the right stood for but now they have joined the left.  It's crazy how similar they've become.

It’s not cancel culture when one group of people decides to stop spending their own money on a certain brand/product.