GutterBoy

Cancel Bud Light! Maga Hissy Fit!

38 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

People who bought it before that are not sissies.

Basic economies of scale. 

Bud Light was cheap ( or relatively cheaper from a price standpoint relative to other options), consistently available in volume and was widely available. 

Because Anheuser Busch was moving such high volume, and had the advantages of their own fleet, logistics, factories, etc, etc, then they could offer a more competitive price point. Same reason why Walmart and Amazon with their "in house brands" can offer some generic type items at much more favorable prices than other competitors. 

Something no one is talking about is that the economy is in shambles. Beer is a luxury item. Beer and alcohol is also a social lubricant. But you had the pandemic, which wiped out many access points, and you have a widespread current culture that is clearly anti-male/misandrist, where young men are going to think very hard about socializing in large groups with young women and lots of booze. Plenty still do it, but it's likely more muted now.

Weight lifters, many, would commonly buy lots of eggs and chicken thighs. Before the pandemic, the prices of those items were cheaper than other protein alternatives. 

People buy what is cheap and accessible. But it's not cheap anymore. And Bud Light has become a tipping point for a larger social antagonism against widespread identity politics. You can't hammer the average every day working class American with this woke madness every single time they turn on a sports game, or a movie, or a TV show, or some BS crap at their kid's school, or on social media, and the news, and everywhere. It's not an indictment of bigotry. It's just lots of people are happy to support certain issues, however they aren't going to support it when it's working like a perpetual battering ram against them. 

You likely don't see it because the woke ideology lines up to your own personal viewpoints. Or most of it does. 

Chrissy Teigen and John Legend were nonchalant about the "cancel culture" and their role in it, until of course Teigen got caught up in her own scandal and was effectively deplatformed for it. 

Lots of people don't care because it doesn't impact them. They think it's no big deal because they aren't the ones being persecuted. I want to be fair, there are lots of hard line "Christians" out there who will persecute any LGBT they see because they hate them. I don't think it's the majority, but it does happen. For some of them, they probably know how it feels now. 

You are free to believe what you want and have your free speech. You are also free to dismiss the struggles of others around you. But one day, what happens when it's your children that say or do something that doesn't line up with the "correct partisan tribe"?  You believe others are taking this too far. I hope you feel the same one day when it's your own children under the gun instead. The "cancel culture" is not reserved just against the "Right Wing"  Everyone has their name on that "list". Your children's names are just written a little further down. 

3 minutes ago, Blue Horseshoe said:

Basic economies of scale. 

Bud Light was cheap ( or relatively cheaper from a price standpoint relative to other options), consistently available in volume and was widely available. 

Because Anheuser Busch was moving such high volume, and had the advantages of their own fleet, logistics, factories, etc, etc, then they could offer a more competitive price point. Same reason why Walmart and Amazon with their "in house brands" can offer some generic type items at much more favorable prices than other competitors. 

Something no one is talking about is that the economy is in shambles. Beer is a luxury item. Beer and alcohol is also a social lubricant. But you had the pandemic, which wiped out many access points, and you have a widespread current culture that is clearly anti-male/misandrist, where young men are going to think very hard about socializing in large groups with young women and lots of booze. Plenty still do it, but it's likely more muted now.

Weight lifters, many, would commonly buy lots of eggs and chicken thighs. Before the pandemic, the prices of those items were cheaper than other protein alternatives. 

People buy what is cheap and accessible. But it's not cheap anymore. And Bud Light has become a tipping point for a larger social antagonism against widespread identity politics. You can't hammer the average every day working class American with this woke madness every single time they turn on a sports game, or a movie, or a TV show, or some BS crap at their kid's school, or on social media, and the news, and everywhere. It's not an indictment of bigotry. It's just lots of people are happy to support certain issues, however they aren't going to support it when it's working like a perpetual battering ram against them. 

You likely don't see it because the woke ideology lines up to your own personal viewpoints. Or most of it does. 

Chrissy Teigen and John Legend were nonchalant about the "cancel culture" and their role in it, until of course Teigen got caught up in her own scandal and was effectively deplatformed for it. 

Lots of people don't care because it doesn't impact them. They think it's no big deal because they aren't the ones being persecuted. I want to be fair, there are lots of hard line "Christians" out there who will persecute any LGBT they see because they hate them. I don't think it's the majority, but it does happen. For some of them, they probably know how it feels now. 

You are free to believe what you want and have your free speech. You are also free to dismiss the struggles of others around you. But one day, what happens when it's your children that say or do something that doesn't line up with the "correct partisan tribe"?  You believe others are taking this too far. I hope you feel the same one day when it's your own children under the gun instead. The "cancel culture" is not reserved just against the "Right Wing"  Everyone has their name on it. Your children's names are just written a little further down. 

You know what’s cheap and available? Your mom.  Now that I have your attention, no one is reading these long winded posts. Cut it down a little, would ya?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

No the sissies are the people that refuse to buy beer because there was once the face of a tranny on a can that they saw on the internet.

Ohhhh so when they protest they are sissies and wrong and such, but when the trannies do it....well, that is just fine.  Gotcha.^_^

Just now, RLLD said:

Ohhhh so when they protest they are sissies and wrong and such, but when the trannies do it....well, that is just fine.  Gotcha.^_^

If trannies protest beer then they are sissies too.  Get it?

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

If trannies protest beer then they are sissies too.  Get it?

Not exactly.   Perhaps if you explain to me how protesting = sissies, and then show me through like the BLM actions......somewhere I presume is a protest that does not equate to being a sissy. 

12 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Not exactly.   Perhaps if you explain to me how protesting = sissies, and then show me through like the BLM actions......somewhere I presume is a protest that does not equate to being a sissy. 

Protesting something unimportant makes you a sissy.

18 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

'Succession' actor James Cromwell superglued his hand to a counter at Starbucks to protest its vegan milk upcharge

....."We all have a stake in the life-and-death matter....and Starbucks should do its part by ending its vegan upcharge," Cromwell said in a statement....James Cromwell, "Succession" star and honorary director of PETA, superglued his hand to a Starbucks counter Tuesday in protest of the coffee chain's higher prices for vegan milk....Cromwell and another man stayed in the store as their hands were still stuck to the counter. Eventually, the pair freed themselves from the glue, closing out the demonstration, CBS reported....

https://news.yahoo.com/succession-actor-james-cromwell-superglued-195625781.html

James Cromwell: US ‘will have a revolution for real’ if Trump isn’t stopped

....Actor James Cromwell says the U.S. is facing a blood-filled “revolution” if President Trump isn’t stopped....“This is nascent fascism. We always had a turnkey, totalitarian state — all we needed was an excuse, and all the institutions were in place to turn this into pure fascism...If we don’t stop [Trump] now, then we will have a revolution for real. Then there will be blood in the streets....This community has got to get more engaged. This community has got to get more political. More than our survival as an industry, our appropriateness is at stake. What’s really at stake is our humanity and all sentient life.

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/413634-james-cromwell-us-will-have-a-revolution-for-real-if-trump-isnt/

As @BirdGang pointed out. The "real" MVP is here now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Fair enough, important to whom? Where is the metric and scale? Everyone should know…

16 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Tell that guy that sells beer for a living he doesn’t know what the Fock he’s talking about.  No less than Gutterboy, Mooney, and some guy with a podcast from his truck said AB would be fine. Your guy is probably also racist. 

Store owner does not care as his sales are the same, people are just trying different brands.  Said Modelo, Corona Light, Miller and Coors Lite have picked up the loss.

AB distributors are not fine.  They are the middle man getting hurt.

The market place for many consumer goods is crowded and frankly with products of more or less equivilent quality and value, whether cars, breakfast cereals, snack chips or sodas.  The same is true of beer.  Advertisers spend inordinant amounts of money trying to distinguish their nearly indistinguishable products and to create brand loyalty.  If I choose to move from one equivilent product to another based on advertising that is my right.  If advertising offends me or simply does not appeal to me that is the market place into which I  will speak with my purchases.  Advertisers do not have the right to demand my brand loyalty while trying to push or change my beliefs.  They can try to appeal to me, but they do not get to demand of me.  Demand of me and I am likely to resist.  Turn my shoes, beer, or car into a political referendum and I will have a referendum for you which is F-off, I will choose an equivilent product which does not demand of me some litmus test of political purity or tolerance.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Store owner does not care as his sales are the same, people are just trying different brands.  Said Modelo, Corona Light, Miller and Coors Lite have picked up the loss.

AB distributors are not fine.  They are the middle man getting hurt.

And I feel for those people. I’m good with buying other AB products now that they have bent the knee, but bud light has to be sacrificed on principle. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And I feel for those people. I’m good with buying other AB products now that they have bent the knee, but bud light has to be sacrificed on principle. 

Bud Light will take a long time to recover if ever.   Bud heavy should have been the brand they did the tranny experiment on first.

9 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Bud Light will take a long time to recover if ever.   Bud heavy should have been the brand they did the tranny experiment on first.

When you are the CEO your decisions are assessed on the premise of benefit and risk.

In this instance it seems as though the assessment was allowed to transpire at too low a level.

I imagine CEO’s everywhere are reviewing this process and bolstering it.

But it appears as though there is a willingness to sacrifice profit for DEI credits, which is baffling

24 minutes ago, RLLD said:

When you are the CEO your decisions are assessed on the premise of benefit and risk.

In this instance it seems as though the assessment was allowed to transpire at too low a level.

I imagine CEO’s everywhere are reviewing this process and bolstering it.

But it appears as though there is a willingness to sacrifice profit for DEI credits, which is baffling

I presume it to be them shifting from marketing to Baby Boomers to the next generations.  They calculate that long term there are benefits.  They may offend their current core base, but they ae trying for brownie points with the next generations who they hope to capture long term. 

The funny thing is they hope to distinguish themselves, yet given the homogeniety of the advertising indusgry they will all try to be unique, together.

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

Fair enough, important to whom? Where is the metric and scale? Everyone should know…

Well let's just start here, if you're a bud light drinker and you now refuse to drink it because there was once a can of bud light with the face of a tranny on it, then you're a sissy.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

The market place for many consumer goods is crowded and frankly with products of more or less equivilent quality and value, whether cars, breakfast cereals, snack chips or sodas.  The same is true of beer.  Advertisers spend inordinant amounts of money trying to distinguish their nearly indistinguishable products and to create brand loyalty.  If I choose to move from one equivilent product to another based on advertising that is my right.  If advertising offends me or simply does not appeal to me that is the market place into which I  will speak with my purchases.  Advertisers do not have the right to demand my brand loyalty while trying to push or change my beliefs.  They can try to appeal to me, but they do not get to demand of me.  Demand of me and I am likely to resist.  Turn my shoes, beer, or car into a political referendum and I will have a referendum for you which is F-off, I will choose an equivilent product which does not demand of me some litmus test of political purity or tolerance.  

What did bud light demand of you?

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

I presume it to be them shifting from marketing to Baby Boomers to the next generations.  They calculate that long term there are benefits.  They may offend their current core base, but they ae trying for brownie points with the next generations who they hope to capture long term. 

The funny thing is they hope to distinguish themselves, yet given the homogeniety of the advertising indusgry they will all try to be unique, together.

Perhaps, but their pull-back on it has angered the trannies who are now also protesting through their wallets.  So they seem to have been surprised.

It makes sense, normal every day people are not inclined to protest.  Pandering to the radicals likely seemed safe, and perhaps they were surprised when people finally stood up and said ENOUGH

21 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Well let's just start here, if you're a bud light drinker and you now refuse to drink it because there was once a can of bud light with the face of a tranny on it, then you're a sissy.

Noted. And you have already pointed out that the trannies are sissys as well.  I would welcome some evidence of a protest that was not aligned with your notions of "sissy"

18 minutes ago, Strike said:

I've posted this before, but they do it because they are actually graded on it:

https://nypost.com/2023/04/07/inside-the-woke-scoring-system-guiding-american-companies/

Agree.   That this is more important than their duty to the employees and shareholders is a new twist. 

Bud Light wasn’t marketed at baby boomers. Sheez. 

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

Boomers drink Bud Light?  To me the demographic has always been the 20-40 year old drinkers.

40 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Boomers drink Bud Light?  To me the demographic has always been the 20-40 year old drinkers.

According to that marketing super genius the problem was the "fratty" image of  Bud Light.

"Get off my lawn!!!  We're playing beer pong here!!! :mad: "

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

So they’re not concerned about the tranny element, but that AB may be targeting minors?  Such bigotry.  

They’re not really concerned that AB is targeting minors either. They’re playing make believe.

18 minutes ago, MDC said:

They’re not really concerned that AB is targeting minors either. They’re playing make believe.

I’m no Cruz apologist, but there is quite a history of Congress going after tobacco and vaping companies for targeting minors.  But this is prob fake.  

Just now, Fireballer said:

I’m no Cruz apologist, but there is quite a history of Congress going after tobacco and vaping companies for targeting minors.  But this is prob fake.  

Bud Light giving a six pack of beer to some flit who plays with Barbies is a far cry from marketing BL to minors. Cruz is the worst kind of politician. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MDC said:

They’re playing make believe

Ironic post in a subject triggered by mulvanney

3 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Ironic post in a subject triggered by mulvanney

Mulvanney too but his delusion is harmless. He’s also not an elected official. I’m sure you can think of other differences if you try.

Good stuff out of Cruz and Blackburn. Enough of this perversion being normalized.

On 5/20/2023 at 8:44 AM, Strike said:

I've posted this before, but they do it because they are actually graded on it:

https://nypost.com/2023/04/07/inside-the-woke-scoring-system-guiding-american-companies/

Yep.

Damned if they do. Damned if they don't

"After its request for a conversation with Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B) leadership last month went unanswered, the Human Right Campaign (HRC) has suspended the perfect 100 score it gave A-B on its 2022 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), which will prohibit the company from using the organization’s designation as one of the “Best Places to Work.”

24 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Yep.

Damned if they do. Damned if they don't

"After its request for a conversation with Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B) leadership last month went unanswered, the Human Right Campaign (HRC) has suspended the perfect 100 score it gave A-B on its 2022 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), which will prohibit the company from using the organization’s designation as one of the “Best Places to Work.”

So they have now lost out on the likely reason they pandered to the mentally ill in the first place 

🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Good stuff out of Cruz and Blackburn. Enough of this perversion being normalized.

Their issue was using this person to advertising to children as that is who her fans are I guess.

33 minutes ago, RLLD said:

So they have now lost out on the likely reason they pandered to the mentally ill in the first place 

🤣

To be fair, "they" didn't. "She" did and now she's out of a job. This wasn't a marketing campaign it was a one off that a woke, female, brand executive decided she wanted to do. It wasn't something AB came up with. 

On 5/20/2023 at 9:38 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

You are a clown. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

You are a clown. 

Imagine if something HT liked bent the knee to the left. He would throw a fit. Now, if they bend the knee to him then it’s a good think.

This is a very common way of thinking for a lot of people. 

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Imagine if something HT liked bent the knee to the left. He would throw a fit. Now, if they bend the knee to him then it’s a good think.

This is a very common way of thinking for a lot of people. 

Thanks for confirming that you are the biggest f'n idiot on this planet.  :lol:

• Thanks 1