GutterBoy

Cancel Bud Light! Maga Hissy Fit!

28 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Imagine if something HT liked bent the knee to the left. He would throw a fit. Now, if they bend the knee to him then it’s a good think.

This is a very common way of thinking for a lot of people. 

That and the stupid logic of "I'll buy this AB product but not this one...." and trying to say it proves a point. 

It's the equivalent of saying "I'll buy Cool Ranch Doritos but not the Nacho Cheese ones"

45 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

That and the stupid logic of "I'll buy this AB product but not this one...." and trying to say it proves a point. 

It's the equivalent of saying "I'll buy Cool Ranch Doritos but not the Nacho Cheese ones"

All of it’s dumb. We can all be so stubborn and petty about the stupidest things. 

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Thanks for confirming that you are the biggest f'n idiot on this planet.  :lol:

Because?

AB can be forgiven. But Bud Light must be sacrificed as a reminder. 

On 5/20/2023 at 10:44 AM, Strike said:

I've posted this before, but they do it because they are actually graded on it:

https://nypost.com/2023/04/07/inside-the-woke-scoring-system-guiding-american-companies/

Oh holy sh!t, another George Soros money fed lobbying group forcing trans-ism on huge American Companies.  Why can't that disgusting Soros just die already.

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You are bizarre. 

Trans people are said to be such a fringe group.  Yet we hand out better credit scores based on how much you pander to said finge group.  Bizarre times.  Tranny privileges.   

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Trans people are said to be such a fringe group.  Yet we hand out better credit scores based on how much you pander to said finge group.  Bizarre times.  Tranny privileges.   

Link?

22 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Pretty much has been already.   

Bud Light sales will never get back to where it was.

Bud Light buying back unsold, expired beer from wholesalers as sales continue to suffer

I surmise that at this juncture the message is clear to company leadership that a serious mistake has been made.  I wonder how long they have to ride this out.

I think Gillette has recovered over time, perhaps it just took a few years? Not sure.  I know I will never but another Gilette product, but I am sure i have bought some P&G stuff.  So I guess its a matter of deciding for yourself where you are willing to draw the line.

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Bud Light buying back unsold, expired beer from wholesalers as sales continue to suffer

I surmise that at this juncture the message is clear to company leadership that a serious mistake has been made.  I wonder how long they have to ride this out.

I think Gillette has recovered over time, perhaps it just took a few years? Not sure.  I know I will never but another Gilette product, but I am sure i have bought some P&G stuff.  So I guess its a matter of deciding for yourself where you are willing to draw the line.

Fake News. Gutterboy is a beer guy. I’m not .  He told me there is no expiration date after I said there was. I’m going with him. He’s a beer guy. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Fake News. Gutterboy is a beer guy. I’m not .  He told me there is no expiration date after I said there was. I’m going with him. He’s a beer guy. 

Do you consider yourself a beer guy?

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I sorta assumed that it could expire, but the date was set arbitrarily short and it likes lasts alot longer.  But who knows.  :dunno:

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

I sorta assumed that it could expire, but the date was set arbitrarily short and it likes lasts alot longer.  But who knows.  :dunno:

Those american adjunct lagers will last years and taste virtually the same.  They used to put a "Born on date" on all the cans/bottles, which is a better indicator.  They switch to expiration date years back, probably to drive more sales, to get people to dump their sh1t beer and replace it with more sh1t beer.

Good beer still uses the "Canned Date" so you know when it was made and can make a judgement call on whether or not you want to drink it or sink it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Those american adjunct lagers will last years and taste virtually the same.  They used to put a "Born on date" on all the cans/bottles, which is a better indicator.  They switch to expiration date years back, probably to drive more sales, to get people to dump their sh1t beer and replace it with more sh1t beer.

Good beer still uses the "Canned Date" so you know when it was made and can make a judgement call on whether or not you want to drink it or sink it.

I did not know that, thanks.....  :thumbsup:

Just now, RLLD said:

I did not know that, thanks.....  :thumbsup:

You're welcome.  I'm here to help.

48 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Do you consider yourself a beer guy?

I specifically said I am not. That would be sad. 

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Isn't buying back expired beer common practice for beer companies?

Beats me.  Maybe so.

I am not sure we would find this buy back to be "normal" in scale, but the act itself might be standard practice. 

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Beats me.  Maybe so.

I am not sure we would find this buy back to be "normal" in scale, but the act itself might be standard practice. 

Definitely more than usual.

17 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

You're welcome.  I'm here to help.

Great, I need help.  Bud has always advertised its beechwood ageing.  Do they use beechwood barrels to hold it and age it or is it beechwood aged some other way than being casked or barreled?  When is the beer finished and born on?  Is it befroe or after the ageing?  Is it aged and then born so it is then fresh and new after being aged?  The whole thing confuses me.   

14 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Great, I need help.  Bud has always advertised its beechwood ageing.  Do they use beechwood barrels to hold it and age it or is it beechwood aged some other way than being casked or barreled?  When is the beer finished and born on?  Is it befroe or after the ageing?  Is it aged and then born so it is then fresh and new after being aged?  The whole thing confuses me.   

From what I know, they throw some beechwood in during the fermentation to speed it along, but it imparts no flavor.  It's not like it's Barrel aged like a stout or anything

38 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

It's been years since I've done the brewery tour in St. Louis but if I remember correctly, the beer is aged in a typical stainless steel container with beechwood chips inside of it.

6 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

The 90’s ruled.  

Those commercials amazingly predicted the current state of women's sports!  :shocking:

• Like 1

It’s getting worse. Another week of declining sales. Oof. Some guy in a truck said this wouldn’t happen. Anyone heard from him on the subject? 

21 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s getting worse. Another week of declining sales. Oof. Some guy in a truck said this wouldn’t happen. Anyone heard from him on the subject? 

On 5/19/2023 at 4:42 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Tell that guy that sells beer for a living he doesn’t know what the Fock he’s talking about.  No less than Gutterboy, Mooney, and some guy with a podcast from his truck said AB would be fine. Your guy is probably also racist. 

On 5/16/2023 at 8:20 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

No way.  Gutterboy posted a video of a liberal southerner, in a truck no less, who said y’all ain’t gonna do shite. 

On 5/10/2023 at 8:51 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Any word from that guy in the truck? 

On 5/4/2023 at 7:22 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

The guy in the truck said it’s going to be fine. He has a podcast, so what do the rest of you idiots know? 

On 5/2/2023 at 6:22 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

This is the most successful boycott I can remember. Where’s that guy in the truck? 

On 4/25/2023 at 8:39 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

They have lost a lot, despite what Cooter in his truck and others here have said. 

On 4/20/2023 at 10:21 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Cooter doesn’t know it’s not an American company anymore. Lol. 

:lol:

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

:lol:

Yeah! How come you aren’t posting his vids anymore? What a loser. Lol. 

I'm just going to go with the idea that I don't like corn syrup in my beer. That's why I've never liked Bud light. Miller Lite has just a little bit better Edge to it. I'm not saying it's wonderful, but if I'm drinking in quantity? It sure as hell isn't bud light.

On 4/13/2023 at 11:38 AM, GutterBoy said:

Made a Billion back so far today.  Whoops.

How’s it going? Last update down 15 billion.  Winning. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How’s it going? Last update down 15 billion.  Winning. 

Yup, Americans have to put their foot down somewhere, this is still holding. It's been proven that when you give these freaks an inch, they take a mile. Liberals don't make fun of slippery slope arguments any longer. They see it themselves even though their politics won't let them admit it.

Normal folks finally saying enough is enough.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Can anyone define wokeness?

It’s in the liberal dictionary right next to the definition of Antifa.  It doesn’t exist either. 

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s in the liberal dictionary right next to the definition of Antifa.  It doesn’t exist either. 

Pretty weird to get so worked up over something you can't define.

25 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Pretty weird to get so worked up over something you can't define.

I can.  

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

Imagining unlikely potential far future infinitesimal aggressions, or acts which might possibly be so percieved by the professionally aggrieved, and acting to avoid such outcomes as if that were the most pressing current issue facing all people in the world, not just trust fund babies and professors seeking tenure in first world elite liberal universities?

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

The expression of absolute hatred of everything normal here in the US. 

And go fock yourself guttershlt. Focking liberal dope.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The local grocery store has a offer for a case of bud or bud light for 18 with a 15 instant rebate.  $3 for 24 beers 

This is not a sustainable strategy obviously.  I said at the outset this one seemed to have legs and boy does it ever.  I stand by my take that bud light as a brand is dead.  They need a repackage / rebrand / rename.  Gonna take some creative minds

I figured out how to solve America’s gun problem. Send AR-15s to Dylan Mulvaney with her picture on them.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

The local grocery store has a offer for a case of bud or bud light for 18 with a 15 instant rebate.  $3 for 24 beers 

This is not a sustainable strategy obviously.  I said at the outset this one seemed to have legs and boy does it ever.  I stand by my take that bud light as a brand is dead.  They need a repackage / rebrand / rename.  Gonna take some creative minds

I wonder how many actually cash in those rebates though?  They’ve been doing that for years, not to this extent though.