GutterBoy

Cancel Bud Light! Maga Hissy Fit!

6 minutes ago, dogcows said:

I figured out how to solve America’s gun problem. Send AR-15s to Dylan Mulvaney with her picture on them.

I appreciate the poke at their hypocrisy but your disdain for the AR15 is misguided. The AR15 is not what the media tells you it is. Just do the research. 

33 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

The local grocery store has a offer for a case of bud or bud light for 18 with a 15 instant rebate.  $3 for 24 beers 

This is not a sustainable strategy obviously.  I said at the outset this one seemed to have legs and boy does it ever.  I stand by my take that bud light as a brand is dead.  They need a repackage / rebrand / rename.  Gonna take some creative minds

Beats taking it back after it expires.  Right Gutterboy? 

13 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I appreciate the poke at their hypocrisy but your disdain for the AR15 is misguided. The AR15 is not what the media tells you it is. Just do the research. 

I am actually fine with limitations on the weapon, I mean reducing gun-related violence by less than 1% would be the kind of faux victory we know could appease the toddlers on the left. And who really cares? I mean, think of it this way....at the end of a long day don't you just want the little kid to STFU and go to bed, maybe we can get this outcome with liberals....

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I am actually fine with limitations on the weapon, I mean reducing gun-related violence by less than 1% would be the kind of faux victory we know could appease the toddlers on the left. And who really cares? I mean, think of it this way....at the end of a long day don't you just want the little kid to STFU and go to bed, maybe we can get this outcome with liberals....

Nope. This country elected a black man with a Muslim name president 2x and they won’t stfu about how racist it is.  

34 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nope. This country elected a black man with a Muslim name president 2x and they won’t stfu about how racist it is.  

There is too much profit in racism too allow it to be honestly assessed. I get that. 

On 4/5/2023 at 9:24 AM, GutterBoy said:

Bud light was the number one selling beer in the country. I’m an idiot   

• Haha 1

Bud Light sales down another 28% after dropping 27% in April. Total sales off more than 50%.  Many bars have taken Bud Light off their taps due to the stigma.

This has to be one of the most effective boycotts of all time. Not sure how the brand can ever recover from this.  Maybe Spuds McKenzie needs to return.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

Bud Light sales down another 28% after dropping 27% in April. Total sales off more than 50%.  Many bars have taken Bud Light off their taps due to the stigma.

This has to be one of the most effective boycotts of all time. Not sure how the brand can ever recover from this.  Maybe Spuds McKenzie needs to return.

Get back to spuds and the three frogs. 

2 hours ago, Dizkneelande said:

If this is a deep fake, it looks really good.

On 5/27/2023 at 8:33 AM, Mike Hunt said:

They need Kyle Rittenhouse to turn 21 ASAP.

2 hours ago, Dizkneelande said:

He still has man parts, right?  So he's basically a mentally ill heterosexual. 

I went to the beer store yesterday for the first time in months and checked out the inbev products.  It wasn't marked down, wasn't any noticeable difference in stock, really couldn't tell if anything happened.

I don't doubt the sales figures, you can't argue facts, but in my neighborhood nothing changed

8 hours ago, DonS said:

He still has man parts, right?  So he's basically a mentally ill heterosexual. 

They all are, in one way or another. Liberals just enable the disease and promote it. 

9 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

They all are, in one way or another. Liberals just enable the disease and promote it. 

How would a conservative treat the disease and demote it?

On 5/27/2023 at 8:33 AM, Mike Hunt said:

Makes sense, only low class conservatives would actually drink that swill so if they stop buying of course the sales will tank.  Same with Skoal, Monster,  and various other convenience store breakfast items conservatives consume daily.

2 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

Makes sense, only low class conservatives would actually drink that swill so if they stop buying of course the sales will tank.  Same with Skoal, Monster,  and various other convenience store breakfast items conservatives consume daily.

Low class libs drink Colt 45 and Mickeys. They can`t afford Bud Light.

6 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

I went to the beer store yesterday for the first time in months and checked out the inbev products.  It wasn't marked down, wasn't any noticeable difference in stock, really couldn't tell if anything happened.

I don't doubt the sales figures, you can't argue facts, but in my neighborhood nothing changed

you've probably heard this before, but anecdotal evidence is the absolute worst way of making a point and people will remember you use it and discount your opinions in the future.

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

you've probably heard this before, but anecdotal evidence is the absolute worst way of making a point and people will remember you use it and discount your opinions in the future.

I wasn't making a point, douche nozzle.

18 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

How do you feel about the people who post all the videos on here from Twitter of people providing their own anecdotal evidence?

You never called them out on this so I wanted to clarify.

On 5/29/2023 at 5:52 AM, GutterBoy said:

Went to 3 beer stores on Saturday afternoon.  No Miller lite, no Coors lite.  Not one.  Bud, Bush stacked high in all of them.

3 minutes ago, shadrap said:

Went to 3 beer stores on Saturday afternoon.  No Miller lite, no Coors lite.  Not one.  Bud, Bush stacked high in all of them.

They had a big sale on Busch Light here over the weekend.  It was like $10 off if you bought a certain amount of meat.  They had to sell hundreds of 30 packs.  I know one friend grabbed 5 of them.  Our area drinks a ton of Busch Light.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

They had a big sale on Busch Light here over the weekend.  It was like $10 off if you bought a certain amount of meat.  They had to sell hundreds of 30 packs.  I know one friend grabbed 5 of them.  Our area drinks a ton of Busch Light.

If you are in Iowa, yes a lot of Busch Light.  Went to a wedding reception in Dubuque some years ago.  Beer was free so long as you chose Busch Light.

1 minute ago, shadrap said:

If you are in Iowa, yes a lot of Busch Light.  Went to a wedding reception in Dubuque some years ago.  Beer was free so long as you chose Busch Light.

That's standard at weddings around here.  Cash bars at weddings don't go over well.

I have noticed a marked uptick in Bud pushing Busch light commercials and in Bud pushing general Bud commercials where they tout their communicty involvement with veterans.  I had not seen a Busch light commerecial in years.  I presume this is by way of damage control. 

Of course it may be simply me noticing what had become white noise as i now pay attention due to current events.  Maybe there is no uptick at all.

42 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

With Bud Light sales in the tank that is a good move to try and get Busch going. Profit margin is much lower on Busch as it is a budget beer but give them credit for trying something.  Learn from mistakes and move on. 

11 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

With Bud Light sales in the tank that is a good move to try and get Busch going. Profit margin is much lower on Busch as it is a budget beer but give them credit for trying something.  Learn from mistakes and move on. 

I think they have a similar deal every year over Memorial Day weekend.  Maybe not as steep a discount though.

4 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Equity over merit

That's a great, succinct answer.  :thumbsup: 

On 4/9/2023 at 3:03 PM, GutterBoy said:

Did you even watch the video?  There are bud and bud light on the right.

We had this same discussion with HT about how woke hurt Disney's stock and he got destroyed.  Don't make the same mistake and claim this is gonna hurt inbev.

👍🤡 

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2023 at 9:08 AM, Sean Mooney said:

Also, 5 days is a dumb way to look at the stock market. You really need to look at the very least at quarters...but you also need to look at YOY, 5 year rolling averages, and factor in outside variables. 

🤡

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

What part do you disagree with specifically?

🤣

19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

🤣

Hey. He's at school "teaching". He's got plenty of time for a day long back and forth about his liberal idiocy.

Just now, seafoam1 said:

Hey. He's at school "teaching". He's got plenty of time for a day long back and forth about his liberal idiocy.

It's possible the school year is over.  Our schools are on summer break now.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It's possible the school year is over.  Our schools are on summer break now.

Not what he says. And he's the "teacher".