Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

JFC, Does everything have to be woke or anti-woke these days?

But anyway, it was a good movie for kids and will make you want to play MarioKart.  But it wasn't successful because of being anti-woke or even "not being woke," it was successful because everyone loves the focking Mario brothers.

I want to see this movie.  My kids and I have played a lot of Mario Kart and Mario Party the past few years, and my son and I just finished Super Mario World last week.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

When everything coming out recently is “woke”, then something coming out that isn’t makes news. It’s pretty simple. 

except there are even people arguing that it IS woke

What makes it woke? 

What makes it anti-woke? 

I am not on twitter and I am not watching these ridiculous videos you guys post. 

7 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

What makes it woke? 

What makes it anti-woke? 

I am not on twitter and I am not watching these ridiculous videos you guys post. 

it's woke because Peach is a "girlboss" and Mario is incompetent, possibly because of the Rainbow Road.

it's anti-woke because it doesn't talk about LGBTQ stuff, and the top 3 characters are voiced by white people

36 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I want to see this movie.  My kids and I have played a lot of Mario Kart and Mario Party the past few years, and my son and I just finished Super Mario World last week.

It is alright, my daughter laughed throughout the movie though.

43 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

But anyway, it was a good movie for kids and will make you want to play MarioKart.  But it wasn't successful because of being anti-woke or even "not being woke," it was successful because everyone loves the focking Mario brothers.

Suck it up buttercup.  You are getting 1/100th of what Conservatives have been facing for the last 10 years.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Patented Phil said:

Suck it up buttercup.  You are getting 1/100th of what Conservatives have been facing for the last 10 years.

What am I getting?  Having to sift through people whining about inconsequential sh1t on twitter?

Took the kids last week. I don’t know if it was woke or not. I wasn’t really paying much attention. It’s a Fockin cartoon with a talking gorilla and other stuff. But it wasn’t Disney so I took them. The popcorn was good.  Plus I wasn’t some lazy fat ass sitting around playing video games in my youth. I played sports, forts and fighting. 

37 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

it's woke because Peach is a "girlboss" and Mario is incompetent, possibly because of the Rainbow Road.

it's anti-woke because it doesn't talk about LGBTQ stuff, and the top 3 characters are voiced by white people

Oh jeez. 

Took the family to watch it today. On my woke scale I give it a 2. Pretty much okay, but Peach is a Mary Sue literally nothing to her. She does everything perfectly and can't be beaten. It is such a tired troupe. "Don't worry Mario this obstacle course you've been training on all day yeah it was super easy for me. Beat it first try" 

Bring back a real representation of women. And not the "real" women Gutterboy likes.

4 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Took the family to watch it today. On my woke scale I give it a 2. Pretty much okay, but Peach is a Mary Sue literally nothing to her. She does everything perfectly and can't be beaten. It is such a tired troupe. "Don't worry Mario this obstacle course you've been training on all day yeah it was super easy for me. Beat it first try" 

Bring back a real representation of women. And not the "real" women Gutterboy likes.

Based on your description sounds like it should’ve been higher than a 2?

On 4/12/2023 at 2:05 PM, Patented Phil said:

They’re such victims aren’t they? Poor conservatives. Especially white males. They get mistreated the most. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

They’re such victims aren’t they? Poor conservatives. Especially white males. They get mistreated the most. 

So no white males get mistreated? 

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Have you? 

Yes. But I’m fine. Now please answer my question. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yes. But I’m fine. Now please answer my question. 

I hate to say this because I used to like the guy, but Tim genuinely hates white people - as a lot of other Liberals on here do.  He derides any notion that a white person can suffer from discrimination.  He doesn't even allow for the possibility.  If Tim could live forever, we would see these exact same posts 100 years from now.

1 minute ago, Patented Phil said:

I hate to say this because I used to like the guy, but Tim genuinely hates white people - as a lot of other Liberals on here do.  He derides any notion that a white person can suffer from discrimination.  He doesn't even allow for the possibility.  If Tim could live forever, we would see these exact same posts 100 years from now.

He and they think everyone else should have to pay for the leg up they received. It’s not like they are going to actually sacrifice what they have. That’s for the other guy.  

"Woke" has become a buzzword for people to toss around to get clicks. It means nothing anymore and stupid people get worked up over it. Again- look around these threads. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Based on your description sounds like it should’ve been higher than a 2?

The rest was fine. Just the one dimensional all powerful, never wrong, can't be beat, zero personal flaws woman. Just makes for a shallow boring character.

On 4/12/2023 at 4:24 PM, GutterBoy said:

and you fit great into a mario kart

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, dogcows said:

If anybody is interested in the origins of ‘Woke” - here’s a pretty good recap.

https://www.naacpldf.org/woke-black-bad/

Just another thing that Democrats ruined and yet, Democrats will blame Republican's for it.  The author's timeline is about right.  It all started with Obama.  Now, this wasn't Obama's fault, it was the white liberal's (and it's supporting activists), fault  (this guy is one of them).  Anytime someone disagreed with Obama's policies, it was ONLY because they were RACIST, it wasn't because there was a fundamental disagreement.  It was the beginning of Identity Politics.  Liberals were seeing that calling Republican's racist and the beginning of cancel culture was working, they started to incorporate all aspects of liberalism to the Woke ideology.  They added illegal immigrants, homosexuals, transgenders, and every other "protected class", into the framework.

If the NAACP has an issue with how "Woke" went from 'Black to Bad', they need only look into the mirror.  They're in bed with the Democrats who were the ones who caused it and the NAACP did nothing to stop it.  In fact, they jumped on the train to help steer it.

So I remember going to watch Interview with a Vampire years ago. I swear to god, I was asleep from previews to credits. I guess maybe that was the first anti-woke movie?

Sure as hell I wasn't woke.

22 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

So I remember going to watch Interview with a Vampire years ago. I swear to god, I was asleep from previews to credits. I guess maybe that was the first anti-woke movie?

Sure as hell I wasn't woke.

Never saw the movie, but the in the book vampires are a pretty clear stand in for gay people. 

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Just another thing that Democrats ruined and yet, Democrats will blame Republican's for it.  The author's timeline is about right.  It all started with Obama.  Now, this wasn't Obama's fault, it was the white liberal's (and it's supporting activists), fault  (this guy is one of them).  Anytime someone disagreed with Obama's policies, it was ONLY because they were RACIST, it wasn't because there was a fundamental disagreement.  It was the beginning of Identity Politics.  Liberals were seeing that calling Republican's racist and the beginning of cancel culture was working, they started to incorporate all aspects of liberalism to the Woke ideology.  They added illegal immigrants, homosexuals, transgenders, and every other "protected class", into the framework.

If the NAACP has an issue with how "Woke" went from 'Black to Bad', they need only look into the mirror.  They're in bed with the Democrats who were the ones who caused it and the NAACP did nothing to stop it.  In fact, they jumped on the train to help steer it.

OBAMA!

22 minutes ago, dogcows said:

OBAMA!

Clearly said it wasn't Obama's fault, but whatever makes you happy.

It all started with Obama.  Now, this wasn't Obama's fault, it was the white liberal's (and it's supporting activists), fault  (this guy is one of them).

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Clearly said it wasn't Obama's fault, but whatever makes you happy.

OK so it was “white liberals” fault? If you look carefully at the history of the term, it had seldom been used by white people (liberal or otherwise)... until the right-wing backlash movement trying to turn the term into a negative.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, dogcows said:

OK so it was “white liberals” fault? If you look carefully at the history of the term, it had seldom been used by white people (liberal or otherwise)... until the right-wing backlash movement trying to turn the term into a negative.

Correct, it was the white liberals' (Democrat policy makers), fault.  They used the racist card on anyone who disagreed with Obama.  Woke became bad when "racist" was overly used and incorporated non-black issues.  Democrats did that, not Republicans.

It was also due to the excessive pandering to black people, by the Democrats.  Things like tearing down statues, condemning flags, cancel culture, etc.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Correct, it was the white liberals' (Democrat policy makers), fault.  They used the racist card on anyone who disagreed with Obama.  Woke became bad when "racist" was overly used and incorporated non-black issues.  Democrats did that, not Republicans.

It was also due to the excessive pandering to black people, by the Democrats.  Things like tearing down statues, condemning flags, cancel culture, etc.

LOL You really live in an alternate reality.

Just now, dogcows said:

LOL You really live in an alternate reality.

Keep your head in the sand bud.