Big Guy

NFL DRAFT 2023 ( official / unofficial thread )

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

I think Paris can fall but only if the 4 QBs go inside the top 10. But you're right, even then they'd need a little help. Certainly not impossible that (4) QBs, (2) Edge, (1) DT & (2) CBs go top 9. Maybe even a WR 

Anything is possible. 

But, Paris under 8.5 is -250.

You need two things to happen for there to be 4 QBs in the top 10: 1) Houston to pick a QB and all indications are they might not and 2) someone to move up to take Arizona's spot which all indications say there isn't much interest.  And nobody is going to take a WR over the #1 OT in the draft.  

34 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I hate that you just might get your choice between those two.  I'm hoping Skoronski is gone by then.

Eagle's first draft spot odds: OL -110, DF +110, RB +300, CB +850

Good luck! :thumbsup:

I think Skoronski will be gone and they’d sooner trade down than draft Bijan at 10. Best case scenario is Jalen Carter falling to within striking distance or Skoronski.

Worst case would be drafting Nolan or Van Ness at 10 womp womp. :(

I’ll have a good buzz on by the time they pick. Enjoy the drag and say hi to your HOTWIFE. :wub: :cheers: 

Just now, Horseman said:

Anything is possible. 

But, Paris under 8.5 is -250.

You need two things to happen for there to be 4 QBs in the top 10: 1) Houston to pick a QB and all indications are they might not and 2) someone to move up to take Arizona's spot which all indications say there isn't much interest.  And nobody is going to take a WR over the #1 OT in the draft.  

Most mocks have Paris as the #2 OT off the board 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Mater Dei high school, about 30 minutes from my house, perennial #1 or #2 in the nation for football, has had a number of great high school quarterbacks, including Matt Leinart, Matt Barkley, Colt Brennan, Todd Maranovich, etc. But none of them have gone #1 in the draft, until tonight perhaps. 

The thing is, I’m not convinced Young deserves to go that high. 

Damn talk about a huge group of fail

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

I think Skoronski will be gone and they’d sooner trade down than draft Bijan at 10. Best case scenario is Jalen Carter falling to within striking distance or Skoronski.

Worst case would be drafting Nolan or Van Ness at 10 womp womp. :(

I’ll have a good buzz on by the time they pick. Enjoy the drag and say hi to your HOTWIFE. :wub: :cheers: 

Yeah, the OL odds is a bit wonky as there is more value at Edge at #10 if Skoronski is off the board.  That's why I think he has a good chance at being there.  

Skoronski Over 10.5 -135/Under 10.5 -105.  

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

Skoronski Over 10.5 -135/Under 10.5 -105

It's a crapshoot, these odds are useless because all it takes is one team to trade in and blow it up. And that will happen 

12 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Most mocks have Paris as the #2 OT off the board 

It's a crapshoot, these odds are useless because all it takes is one team to trade in and blow it up. And that will happen 

I don't look at mocks other than for an occasional sanity check.  Nor do I go solely go by odds.  I use the full scouting report done by Dane Brugler and cross check it against Vegas odds.  Chit happens, trades happen, but we know who the best players are and that for the most part bakes in the unknowns.  

16 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Yeah, the OL odds is a bit wonky as there is more value at Edge at #10 if Skoronski is off the board.  That's why I think he has a good chance at being there.  

Skoronski Over 10.5 -135/Under 10.5 -105.  

Eagles best case scenario really is for a GM or 2 to go full retard and draft Levis and/or Richardson in the Top 9.

Someone craps the bed every year. Raiders gonna Raider maybe?

NFL network reports Howie Roseman has made several calls to move up in the draft.  Thinking is to move up from 30 to early 20s to draft Bijan Robinson.

Just now, Gepetto said:

NFL network reports Howie Roseman has made several calls to move up in the draft.  Thinking is to move up from 30 to early 20s to draft Bijan Robinson.

More likely testing the waters in case Jalen Carter or Will Anderson fall.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Seattle first pick odds: DL -225, OL +225, CB +600 OL +1500

Seattle won't draft a QB with that high of a pick.  They are in love with Geno. 

I keep seeing Anderson and Wilson trade spots as the #1 Edge that will go before #5.  So, you just might have a choice between one of those two and Jalen Carter.  Jalen, welcome to Seattle!

Agree #20 is a trade down, Seattle thing to do.  Wouldn't put it past them trying to trade out of #5 either.  Good Luck.  :thumbsup:

I think the front office views the #5 almost like a luxury pick. They will likely go DL or Anthony Richardson at #5, nothing else makes sense. They might love Geno, but they love Anthony Richardson more based on post meeting interviews and their general views of QB's. The Geno Smith contract if VERY team friendly, with a chunk of it incentive based, so they can move off that in a year or so fairly easily. Wilson may or may not be a fit, as we don't really know if they want to continue to transition to a 3-4 defense, or revert back to a 4-3 defense. Wilson does not fit a 3-4 all that well. They will play a bunch of 3 safety defense supposedly, with Jamal Adams floating around, which is good, since we got almost zero LBs on the roster, so the defense is...fluid?

Got 10 picks in this draft, so trading down is nice, which is the norm, but not necessary this time around. They can just sit back and cherry pick. It's rare for Seattle to draft in the first half of the first round of the draft, but they don't trade out of those particular picks. Just the last round 1st round picks. The thing is, many GM's are saying there are maybe 15-18 players with 1st round grades this year, so I would not be surprised if Carroll/Schneider trade up from #20 if the right player starts to fall. Otherwise, just they trade out of the first round. 

8 minutes ago, phillybear said:

I think the front office views the #5 almost like a luxury pick. They will likely go DL or Anthony Richardson at #5, nothing else makes sense. They might love Geno, but they love Anthony Richardson more based on post meeting interviews and their general views of QB's. The Geno Smith contract if VERY team friendly, with a chunk of it incentive based, so they can move off that in a year or so fairly easily. Wilson may or may not be a fit, as we don't really know if they want to continue to transition to a 3-4 defense, or revert back to a 4-3 defense. Wilson does not fit a 3-4 all that well. They will play a bunch of 3 safety defense supposedly, with Jamal Adams floating around, which is good, since we got almost zero LBs on the roster, so the defense is...fluid?

Got 10 picks in this draft, so trading down is nice, which is the norm, but not necessary this time around. They can just sit back and cherry pick. It's rare for Seattle to draft in the first half of the first round of the draft, but they don't trade out of those particular picks. Just the last round 1st round picks. The thing is, many GM's are saying there are maybe 15-18 players with 1st round grades this year, so I would not be surprised if Carroll/Schneider trade up from #20 if the right player starts to fall. Otherwise, just they trade out of the first round. 

Interesting, thanks.  I think I counted about 20 first round grades.

26 minutes ago, phillybear said:

or Anthony Richardson at #5, nothing else makes sense.

If NFL qb's only had to run, Richardson would make sense at #5. However...

Bump this thread in 3 years - bust of 2023 draft.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

I just don't see that guy being a quality QB. And he's out there saying, "Well, I can't catch the ball too, or else I would." :doh:

39 minutes ago, MDC said:

Eagles best case scenario really is for a GM or 2 to go full retard and draft Levis and/or Richardson in the Top 9.

Someone craps the bed every year. Raiders gonna Raider maybe?

Reports are that one of those two is going to 4 unless Houston doesn’t draft QB ARI stands part.  I’d love to see the Colts end up with Stroud but if he’s gone, they’re taking Richardson or Levis.

2 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Reports are that one of those two is going to 4 unless Houston doesn’t draft QB ARI stands part.  I’d love to see the Colts end up with Stroud but if he’s gone, they’re taking Richardson or Levis.

I think that would be a huge mistake for the Colts but I hope they do it. Also holding out hope that the Raiders or Falcons go QB or trade down with a team (TEN maybe) that drafts one. 

15 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Not saying that is my first preference, but it's a very possible scenario. The iffy mechanics are fixable, and there were a healthy amount of drops by iffy Florida receivers. A perfect project for Bubble Gum Pete.

And if there is any team in the league that wants to run as often as possible, where better? 

Jalen Carter might be a better candidate for bust of the draft. How do you not finish your pro day reps because you are out of shape? Or Will Levis, mayonnaise in his coffee boy. Makes my teeth hurt just thinking about mayo Columbian blends.

7 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

I just don't see that guy being a quality QB.

Name any QB who went TOP 5 following a 6-7 season .?. 

(damn near 4-9 record if not for last second miracles against Utah and pathetic South Florida - both at home)

3 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

For my team, New York Giants, at 25, players I would love to get that have a shot of being available

1) Deonte Banks

2) Brian Branch

3) Quentin Johnson

4) John Michael Schmitz

5) Emmanuel Forbes

I’ll pass on the OL. I’d rather see a trade back.  Rest is good. I would love Mayer . Watch Dallas get him. 

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

Teams terrified of Eagles taking Bijan Robinson in 2023 NFL Draft

https://nypost.com/2023/04/26/2023-nfl-draft-teams-terrified-of-eagles-taking-bijan-robinson/

Howie won't do it. 

I am. 

38 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Name any QB who went TOP 5 following a 6-7 season .?.

I just asked a friend this trivia and he said "Eli Manning went 1st overall following a losing season."

Guess the record for having a QB losing record is already decided.

For fun I put a few bets on early picks (FanDuel odds):

2nd pick:  Stroud +470

3rd pick:  Anderson +650 (if Cards keep it)

3rd pick:  Richardson +1000 (if Cards trade)

31 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

I just asked a friend this trivia and he said "Eli Manning went 1st overall following a losing season."

Guess the record for having a QB losing record is already decided.

Eli Manning never had a losing season in 4 years in college.

His senior season at Ole Miss 2003 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/mississippi/2003.html

10 wins 3 losses

ranked 13th in the country in the final AP poll

2 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Wish the Cowboys would not draft a TE, I don't think they need and do Offensive line. I would rather see them get Bijan Robinson than a TE. Some mocks have Bijan going #8 overall to Atlanta. Would not be surprised to have Jerry tearing up the phones if he falls. 

Tyler Allgeier was drafted last year by the Falcons in the 5th round and was highly productive.  They'd be stupid to draft a RB at 8 overall.

18 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

Wish the Cowboys would not draft a TE, I don't think they need and do Offensive line. I would rather see them get Bijan Robinson than a TE. Some mocks have Bijan going #8 overall to Atlanta. Would not be surprised to have Jerry tearing up the phones if he falls. 

I agree with you on them not drafting a TE. I don’t think we need another 1st round RB that we will use up and discard in 5-7 years either. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

My problem with TE in first is its a deep good clsss.  Why run up to podium to take the first one in thr 1st?  It isnt a premium position and its a great class.  Of course that means this is what Packers will do.   I like Mayer and all but he isn't  a prospect I need to run thr card up for when there are so many quality ones in the 2nd.   

Strouds odds to go 2nd went from like +450 to -2000. Mist br a trade in works unless Hou was foolin around this whole time

Nightmare scenario. Johnson to Eagles, Mayer to Cowboys.  

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nightmare scenario. Johnson to Eagles, Mayer to Cowboys.  

Perfect scenario, unfortunately Howie will never do it. 

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Why run up to podium to take the first one in thr 1st?  It isnt a premium position and its a great class.  Of course that means this is what Packers will do.  

I have a kidney stone, man. I lol'ed so hard I was focking scared. 

9 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Strouds odds to go 2nd went from like +450 to -2000. Mist br a trade in works unless Hou was foolin around this whole time

This is the pick that interests me the most. That and where Bijon goes.

Sorry, but KC might have the ugliest people I've ever seen. 

Is cmh at the fraft?

Just now, BiPolarBear said:

Corn fed heffers? 

Their family trees do not fork.

• Haha 1