Big Guy

NFL DRAFT 2023 ( official / unofficial thread )

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

Eagles win the draft

You disagree?? They got 2 top 10 defensive players in the same draft. They were already stacked on the line, the East is in trouble, again. 

Horseman Best Available for tomorrow. 

Will Levis QB#4

Joey Porter Jr. CB#3

Brian Branch S#1

Michael Meyer TE#1

Drew Sanders LB#1

Jaylen Hyatt WR#3

I think all first round grades. I expect some wheeling and dealing to get these guys. 

Cowboy's target ---> Marte Mapu S with their third round pick.  

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

You disagree?? They got 2 top 10 defensive players in the same draft. They were already stacked on the line, the East is in trouble, again. 

What did Carter do in college that stands out to you? Not a lot of tackles. Very few sacks and few tackles for loss.

How can someone be so great and completely avoid getting any meaningful  stats? Plus the guy is a piece of shlt. No question about that in the least.

Plus he takes a lot of plays off. It's just odd.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Horseman said:

Will Levis QB#4

Joey Porter Jr. CB#3

Brian Branch S#1

Michael Meyer TE#1

Drew Sanders LB#1

Jaylen Hyatt WR#3

I think all first round grades. I expect some wheeling and dealing to get these guys. 

I can't see the Steelers passing on Porter in the 2nd.

2 hours ago, League Champion said:

These players won't help them beat the Refs.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Horseman said:

We've already seen THE worst pick of the draft.  13 starts to his name.  Wow. 

And they gave all that money last year and etc for washed up Ryan. These two moves probably sets the franchise back 10 years.

5 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

What did Carter do in college that stands out to you? Not a lot of tackles. Very few sacks and few tackles for loss.

You don't watch much football do you? He's a pile mover, a disrupter, demands double teams. Now what happens when you put him next to Fletcher Cox, Jordan Davis, Reddick, Nolan Smith or Brandon Graham? Who are you going to stop?? It's a jail break. He just parts the seas for the other guys. 

If you watched any College football then you know what a force he is. He wasn't rated #1 overall for nothing. 

4 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

And they gave all that money last year and etc for washed up Ryan. These two moves probably sets the franchise back 10 years.

Except Richardson is Fantasy Gold 

Giant fans are little biatches! Just deal with it NFC East, the Eagles just got insanely better. Howie Roseman owns the NFL East, DEAL WITH IT. 

20 minutes ago, League Champion said:

You don't watch much football do you? He's a pile mover, a disrupter, demands double teams. Now what happens when you put him next to Fletcher Cox, Jordan Davis, Reddick, Nolan Smith or Brandon Graham? Who are you going to stop?? It's a jail break. He just parts the seas for the other guys. 

If you watched any College football then you know what a force he is. He wasn't rated #1 overall for nothing. 

Just wait until he kills himself and Nolan smith driving off 95 going 135 after beating the commanders.

10 hours ago, MDC said:

Big balls. Not loving Stroud but walking away with a QB and a blue chip Edge is a big win.

I don't believe it is.  They coukd both be great.  But the process here is strange.  Roster is very bad.  They just gave up a bunch of picks to move up for Will Anderson who is obviously very good but not a myles garrett or bosa level edge prospect.  They are so far away from being relevant.  I wouldn't burn picks to try and get a 10 sack guy.    When you are still 20 players away you don't sell off good picks for a non QB.  I bit too aggressive too me.  

11 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Just wait until he kills himself and Nolan smith driving off 95 going 135 after beating the commanders.

Don't hate Little Boy 🌈

8 hours ago, Horseman said:

I saw McCarthy motion to Quinn. Defence. 

Mazi Smith. :thumbsup:

Wonder what they didnt like about Bresee, but, that works.  

I wouldn't like Bresee for the simple fact that he is from Clemson.  That place is bust central.  

Mazi Smith seems like a semi reach.  If you need a run defender you need a run defender.  Hard to take a 2 down guy in the first.  

7 hours ago, Horseman said:

Ok. It's normal for QBs to fall out of the first round. 

What's wrong with Nolan Smith?  Porter Jr?  Brian Branch?  All first round grades. If there arent medicals we dont know about there are going to be a few teams regrouping to trade up first thing tomorrow.  

Porter gets overrated because of his name.  

I do like Branch but his runs really dropped him. 

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Mazi Smith seems like a semi reach.

HUGE REACH. Especially for what what was still on the board. I do give Jerrah props though for resisting the temptation to take a TE. 

7 hours ago, Horseman said:

Will Levis QB#4

Joey Porter Jr. CB#3

Brian Branch S#1

Michael Meyer TE#1

Drew Sanders LB#1

Jaylen Hyatt WR#3

Not a fan at Hyatt at all.  I woukd rather have 4 or 5 WRs left over him.  Schemed up go route speed guy.  They get taken every year and I can't recall many panning out.   

As for Eagles.  Scary picks.  Carter is absolutely a beast and should give them good play for a few years.  But look out when he signs next contract.  He undoubtedly will do something stupid.   Having former teammates there is the right thing to have around him.   But he will still eventually do something stupid.  Haynesworth quit at his pro day as well.  

Nolan Smith is a hell of a player especially at that pick.  Light in the pants tho for hand in dirt.  

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

As for Eagles.  Scary picks.  Carter is absolutely a beast and should give them good play for a few years.  But look out when he signs next contract.  He undoubtedly will do something stupid.   Having former teammates there is the right thing to have around him.   But he will still eventually do something stupid.  Haynesworth quit at his pro day as well.  

Nolan Smith is a hell of a player especially at that pick.  Light in the pants tho for hand in dirt.  

Definite potential, but there are reasons why these guys dropped.  Carter has character concerns and smith is undersized.  They should do well as complimentary pieces

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

smith is undersized. 

For what? He's a hybrid LB/EDGE in the mold of Haasan Reddick and Parsons. That defensive line is going to be scary good. Meanwhile the Giants and Cowboys are reaching for second rounders. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 12:13 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Giants aren’t extending Adoree Jackson as of now. I think they go CB if they can in the first. 

This guy knows his stuff

4 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Passed on Joey Porter? :dunno:

So did everyone else.  He was highly overrated in thr media.  The NFL obviously was never as high on him.  

According to a Cowboys beat writer:

* While DAL was on the clock, Raiders and Chiefs were on the phone with Jerry trying to move up. KC wanted who DAL took, M. Smith. 

* Micah Parsons had a big hand in landing Smith - he apparently was in Dan Quinn's ear screaming to take M. Smith there. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

According to a Cowboys beat writer:

* While DAL was on the clock, Raiders and Chiefs were on the phone with Jerry trying to move up. KC wanted who DAL took, M. Smith. 

* Micah Parsons had a big hand in landing Smith - he apparently was in Dan Quinn's ear screaming to take M. Smith there. 

Wow.  Parsons is getting a little uppity lately. 

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wow.  Parsons is getting a little uppity lately. 

Good - this team is soft, needs someone to stand up and be a leader. 

25 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Micah Parsons had a big hand in landing Smith - he apparently was in Dan Quinn's ear screaming to take M. Smith there

Never take advice from the talent

Detroit sports radio has talked about the draft for MONTHS....To the point where I started tuning it out.  I mean it was all they talked about.  And none of them, not a single "expert" had ether of these names in their mocks.   Talk about an anti climactic draft night for Lions fans.   Just a big fat bummer.

Not saying they won't be good...I'm no NFL GM so WTF do I know.....But certainly didn't expect this

I like Brad Holmes' last two drafts, they were near perfect. I think he's getting a bit big in the head and believing his press coverage. All right, they didn't want Jalen Carter. He's got potential HOF ability at a position of need, but whatever. I know about the character baggage too. That still doesn't mean go reach deeply at 12 for a position you don't need and reach again at 18.

This was just a huge wasted opportunity.

looks to me like the eagles are the greatest team in the history of the world now :pointstosky:

3 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Never take advice from the talent

It's been 28 years since this team has won a SB...........hell its been 28 years since this team has even played in a Conference Championship. 

After damn near 30 years of listen to and following the lead of our esteemed GM, I'd take advice from a fortune cookie if it meant changing it up. Even if it's wrong and misses, the fact it's something new is worth the shot. 

Micah is on the front lines, he better than anyone knows this team is soft and needs muscle and toughness - glad AF he and Quinn got their guy. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I like Brad Holmes' last two drafts, they were near perfect. I think he's getting a bit big in the head and believing his press coverage. All right, they didn't want Jalen Carter. He's got potential HOF ability at a position of need, but whatever. I know about the character baggage too. That still doesn't mean go reach deeply at 12 for a position you don't need and reach again at 18.

Between the gambling stuff and the draft Detroit has had a pretty bad offseason after a promising 2022. I’d be pissed.

How would you feel about Levis or Hooker in the 2nd?

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

It's been 28 years since this team has won a SB...........hell its been 28 years since this team has even played in a Conference Championship. 

After damn near 30 years of listen to and following the lead of our esteemed GM, I'd take advice from a fortune cookie if it meant changing it up. Even if it's wrong and misses, the fact it's something new is worth the shot. 

Micah is on the front lines, he better than anyone knows this team is soft and needs muscle and toughness - glad AF he and Quinn got their guy. 

Seems like a solid pick to me, and fills our biggest need. I like the guy's tenacity and if it makes Micah happy, all the better.

9 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I agree, there was no reason to go RB there. They could of waited till 3rd - 4th round and grabbed a Tyjae Spears type. I like Gibbs but what a horrible pick that was. They had an opportunity to grap a stud on defense 

33 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Good - this team is soft, needs someone to stand up and be a leader. 

Thas great in the locker room and on the field. Not so sure about the draft room. 

8 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

Seems like a solid pick to me, and fills our biggest need. I like the guy's tenacity and if it makes Micah happy, all the better.

KC has Chris Jones, they know a little sumt'in sumt'in about DTs up there.... If they not only wanted M. Smith, but were trying desperately to move up to get him - I feel good about it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Thas great in the locker room and on the field. Not so sure about the draft room. 

The player takes care of the field action. And this player has everything this team lacks........ Like I said, KC knows a little something about DTs  - and they were trying like hell to move up to get him, good enuff for me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

The player takes care of the field action. And this player has everything this team lacks........ Like I said, KC knows a little something about DTs  - and they were trying like hell to move up to get him, good enuff for me. 

Ok. But this won’t end well. 

• Haha 1