Big Guy

NFL DRAFT 2023 ( official / unofficial thread )

45 minutes ago, League Champion said:

And that means ............? 

NOTHING TODAY.

BTW, that was a typical Cowboy fan answer. Half the people in here weren't alive the last time the Cowboys were relevant. Don't flatter yourself. 

I've witnessed 4 Cowboys SB in my lifetime. 

And let's not forget that the Cowboys have dominated round 5 (maybe the entire draft) before it even started. Two round 5 drafts picks spent for Brandon Cooks and Stephon Gilmore.  :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

Detroit it is!! Nice.

The Lions have been battling the Packers over who drafts the most Iowa players. The Lions now lead by 1. Bears are dead last. 

13 hours ago, phillybear said:

Seattle comes out of the first round with the best defensive secondary in the NFL the Legion of Spoon, and the top WR group. Luxury picks, but DAAAAAAMMNN. I am very, very pleased. And best of all, didn't end up with a raw project QB nor that criminal slug Jalen Carter. Teams could have taken Carter, and kept passing on him. Just need to grab some defensive front 7 help, a OC and OG, and a RB at some point. Still have 8 picks remaining, will trade back a few times and make it a dozen picks. 

Picked up front 7 help, a RB, and traded down, adding a free 3rd round pick next year from Denver, who I get to root against for the 2nd straight year, as an added bonus. "Hawks Country. Let's Fly. 

For anyone wondering, the Seahawks had 2 Rbs on the roster. That's it. We desperately needed RB help. For the team that wants to run the ball as much as possible in the NFL, having a two headed monster at RB is a blessing, sorry fantasy football players, not sorry. Geno Smith really struggled last year when the entire RB core was injured. I'm a bit worried about the lack of picks for the trenches, but with multiple 4th and 5ths, that's the seemingly sweet spot this year for those picks. Still expecting a few more trade downs 

8 hours ago, Horseman said:

You're from Dallas I presume? 

The Cowboys had a great run back in the day which is why there are so many Bandwagoners today, most whom have never even been to Texas or even flew over it. Hell, most Dallas fans are probably from NJ or somewhere up there. 

The Cowboys are a very nice team but in no position to win the Superbowl today. The Eagles are playing chess while the rest of the East is playing checkers.

All I'm saying is that It's amazing how Howie Roseman stays 1 year ahead of everyone while other teams are trying to fill immediate needs. GMs around the league could learn a lot from him. 

50 minutes ago, League Champion said:

You're from Dallas I presume? 

The Cowboys had a great run back in the day which is why there are so many Bandwagoners today, most whom have never even been to Texas or even flew over it. Hell, most Dallas fans are probably from NJ or somewhere up there. 

The Cowboys are a very nice team but in no position to win the Superbowl today. The Eagles are playing chess while the rest of the East is playing checkers.

All I'm saying is that It's amazing how Howie Roseman stays 1 year ahead of everyone while other teams are trying to fill immediate needs. GMs around the league could learn a lot from him. 

This is the same Howie roseman that gave the reigns to chip Kelly who destroyed the franchise?  The same guy that took arcega Whiteside, agolhor and reager?  The same guy that paid Carson Wentz $128M?  And he has seen 1 SB win in 20 years?  Same guy?

9 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

This is the same Howie roseman that gave the reigns to chip Kelly who destroyed the franchise?  The same guy that took arcega Whiteside, agolhor and reager?  The same guy that paid Carson Wentz $128M?  And he has seen 1 SB win in 20 years?  Same guy?

Yup, and he's been brilliant ever since. How's your team been? 🌈

20 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Destroyed the franchise? How long did that last? 😂😂😂

26 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Yup, and he's been brilliant ever since. How's your team been? 🌈

In the first year since taking over he's doing great.

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

In the first year since taking over he's doing great.

GIANTS WON 1 GAME IN THEIR OWN DIVISION LAST SEASON, THAT'S AMAZING!!!! 

😂

• Confused 1

I'm here, time to see what all the hu bub is about

16 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I'm here, time to see what all the hu bub is about

Thank God you're here. I have an important question. What part of KC is the draft in? It looks like a bombed out Baghdad circa 2003. Isn't there anywhere nicer in KC where they could of had it? The overhead shots of the surrounding area looks like Beirut. 

12 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Thank God you're here. I have an important question. What part of KC is the draft in? It looks like a bombed out Baghdad circa 2003. Isn't there anywhere nicer in KC where they could of had it? The overhead shots of the surrounding area looks like Beirut. 

Union Station, the old train depot that was defunct for years and then invested back in with some restaurants and traveling exhibits.   Not sure exactly what your are seeing, but the crown center area is a decent part of the city. 

I'm down close, perks on being a season ticket holder :banana:

I made the TV when the raiders picked.   Chiefs hat, chiefs t shirt. 

13 hours ago, Horseman said:

And let's not forget that the Cowboys have dominated round 5 (maybe the entire draft) before it even started. Two round 5 drafts picks spent for Brandon Cooks and Stephon Gilmore.  :thumbsup:

Guess who's won more playoff games than the Cowboys in past 25 years? Nearly everyone.

The lowly Dallas Cowboys have won just three playoff games in the past 25 years. That's really bad

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Dallas-Cowboys-playoff-wins-postseason-history-16781162.php#

At this point the fecals are just taking bulldogs for the memes.

Seeing all these dogs, Mike vick is thinking about a comeback.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

At this point the fecals are just taking bulldogs

Crazy right? Draft the best players from the best defense? What idiots!!!!

Had to say, it’s good to have a real Eagles fan on board. I just can’t take the poseur seriously.  

That was pretty fun.   Got pretty close (early access as season ticket holder) and lasted about the entirety of the 4th round.   It did get to be quite a bit of moving your foot and stepping on toes kinda bs, but overall that was a great time. 

I also don't get all the boos necessarily for Goodell :dunno:

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

That was pretty fun.   Got pretty close (early access as season ticket holder) and lasted about the entirety of the 4th round.   It did get to be quite a bit of moving your foot and stepping on toes kinda bs, but overall that was a great time. 

I also don't get all the boos necessarily for Goodell :dunno:

The boos are becoming a tradition is all. Glad you had fun!

Dallas grade: B-

Love M. Smith, and love the positions addressed.........but not exactly happy about some of the picks. This draft was never going to be sexy, was a draft about worker bees. Could turn out to be an A draft, but just as easily could end up being a C-. 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Dallas grade: B-

BS Dallas had a crap draft. Got stomped by Buffalo for Kincaid and went into full panic mode thereafter. 

Learn how to work kiDS, GO BIRDS! 

Howie Roseman A++++++

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, League Champion said:

BS Dallas had a crap draft. Got stomped by Buffalo for Kincaid and went into full panic mode thereafter. 

Learn how to work kiDS, GO BIRDS! 

Howie Roseman A++++++

Possibly, but totally happy with some of the picks. Birds def knocked it out of the park - bout time, they've been on the ass end of so much over the years. 

And who you calling kid? I'm prolly older than your parents. 

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

bout time, they've been on the ass end of so much over the years. 

😊 Cowboy fans are such entitled little priks. Jerrah wanted Kincaid more than anything and Buffalo traded up and stole him. 

The best part was that they then overdrafted Schoomaker 2 rounds too high. It was a typical Jerrah draft where he was totally overmatched. Again , Howie Roseman was one step ahead drafting for next season while Jerrah was trying to fill immediate needs. The Cowboys got owned, again. 

A couple Packers picks were head scratchers.   Overall I like what the Packers did.  Like several of their later picks.  Lot of athletes with a good head on their shoulders.   Didn't do a ton at safety.  That will  be a hole they may be willing to roll with.  Amos did not sign anywhere he could come crawling back.  

On 4/28/2023 at 1:31 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Dak has exactly one more playoff win than Jones. I know it’s been a long 27 years, but ease up. 

wtf?

that has nothing to do with what I said

2 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

wtf?

that has nothing to do with what I said

Like I said, ease up.  You Cowboy fans need to be knocked down a peg or two. All the losing hasn’t humbled y’all. 

15 hours ago, League Champion said:

😊 Cowboy fans are such entitled little priks. Jerrah wanted Kincaid more than anything and Buffalo traded up and stole him. 

The best part was that they then overdrafted Schoomaker 2 rounds too high. It was a typical Jerrah draft where he was totally overmatched. Again , Howie Roseman was one step ahead drafting for next season while Jerrah was trying to fill immediate needs. The Cowboys got owned, again. 

1st off, you don't know that Jerry wanted Kincaid......I watch, read and listen to a couple hundred Cowboy shows / pages and his name was barely mentioned. 

there's no "entitlement" within the Cowboys, only expectations

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Like I said, ease up.  You Cowboy fans need to be knocked down a peg or two. All the losing hasn’t humbled y’all. 

you've gone off the deep end man

WTF is up with Eagles / Giants fans that think they know more about my The Dallas Cowboys than Cowboys fans do?

dumbfux!