Sign in to follow this  
Pimpadeaux

Shootings of the Day - July 4 edition

https://www.yahoo.com/news/shooting-leaves-4-dead-multiple-142218304.html

At least six teens dead, 20 wounded, at a Sweet 16 birthday party.

Meanwhile, two dead and six injured at another Louisville shooting.

https://www.whio.com/news/local/2-killed-6-injured-another-shooting-louisville-kentucky/IVCXQD3ZL5BB3M74DDIUNZWNU4/

6 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

remove suicide and have an actual discussion

guns dont make people suicide

its already illegal to kill yourself or someone else

12 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

And guess what they have in common?

GUNS! GUNS! GUNS GUNS! GUNS!

Democrats! Democrats! Democrats! Democrats!

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Guns kill people. People don't kill people.

That must mean that cars kill people too. Not the drunks that drive them. 😆

Just now, seafoam1 said:

That must mean that cars kill people too. Not the drunks that drive them. 😆

You're about as sharp as a bag of used condoms.

I am so torn on this political bullchit.

On one hand you have liberals, whom I just think are the worst. Yet, the other side you have peefoam/crapbagman/etc 

The liberals are more tolerable. 

1 minute ago, edjr said:

I am so torn on this political bullchit.

On one hand you have liberals, whom I just think are the worst. Yet, the other side you have peefoam/crapbagman/etc 

The liberals are more tolerable. 

Eh.  This topic in particular I find annoying.  NOONE on this bored is worried about walking outside their home and getting shot.   This sh*t happens in crap neighborhoods, by crap people. who would be violent regardless.  Rusty acts like there weren't shootings in the 70's or something.  Well, I remember them back then too.  In fact, statistically, there was more violent crime back then.  So it gets tiring when this becomes a political issue over and over again.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Eh.  This topic in particular I find annoying.  NOONE on this bored is worried about walking outside their home and getting shot.   This sh*t happens in crap neighborhoods, by crap people. who would be violent regardless.  Rusty acts like there weren't shootings in the 70's or something.  Well, I remember them back then too.  In fact, statistically, there was more violent crime back then.  So it gets tiring when this becomes a political issue over and over again.

pretty sure rusty/gutterboy et al, are just trolling, having some fun. There is so much righty bullchit here.

• Sad 1

I’m just leaving San Antonio from a family get together. All over the place there are signs and t-shirts, displaying what I assume is an AR-15, and the message “Come And Get It”. 

Whatever your views are on this issue, I think we should all acknowledge that very little will be accomplished discussing it. The sides are too dug in. 

5 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Based on that amazing logic - shouldn't fully-automatics, bombs, grenades, rocket launchers, etc. all be legal? Why ban anything?  After all - they don't kill people. People kill people.

Perhaps they're illegal because people would use them to cause horrific carnage. Which is why nearly every country in the world also has stringent guns laws - and vastly lower gun violence rates. 

3 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Based on that amazing logic - shouldn't fully-automatics, bombs, grenades, rocket launchers, etc. all be legal? Why ban anything?  After all - they don't kill people. People kill people.

Perhaps they're illegal because people would use them to cause horrific carnage. Which is why nearly every country in the world also has stringent guns laws - and vastly lower gun violence rates. 

I said this last week. The only answer here is we need to go back to covid lockdowns. People stay home and they can only kill their families. Win-Win

22 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

its already illegal to kill yourself or someone else

There’s a lot of evidence that suicide rates are higher in states with laxer gun laws / easier access to guns. 

2 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

The fact that you don't see the difference between a firearm and a bomb tells me you are completely uneducated. 

Let's get rid of cars because cars kill people. 

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

There’s a lot of evidence that suicide rates are higher in states with laxer gun laws / easier access to guns. 

There is an overwhelming amount of evidence that cities run by democrat mayors have a much higher murder rate than those not run by democrats.

Democrats kill people. 

peefoam thinks it's Easter. 

16 minutes ago, MDC said:

the highest suicide rates in the world have no gun deaths

15 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

The fact that you don't see the difference between a firearm and a bomb tells me you are completely uneducated. 

Let's get rid of cars because cars kill people. 

Well, you do have to register your car and pass a test before you can drive lawfully.

Thats a slippery slope, though. Ban cars and only criminals will have cars.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Not exactly.  There is more total gun violence in Chicago, but it’s usually a collection of individual incidents and not 4+ people getting killed in one shot (sorry, bad pun).

Amd I’m sure particularly the Alabama shooting here will be blamed on “libs” anyway.  However it can’t be blamed on “liberal policies” as it occurred in a county which traditionally votes for Republican presidential candidates at about a 70% clip.

1 minute ago, WatsonRules said:

Well, you do have to register your car and pass a test before you can drive lawfully.

Thats a slippery slope, though. Ban cars and only criminals will have cars.

And if you aren't going to ban cars, why not just let everyone fly planes everywhere and and fly rockets to outer space? 

Just now, seafoam1 said:

And if you aren't going to ban cars, why not just let everyone fly planes everywhere and and fly rockets to outer space? 

Well, there are many years of training and licensing that go into those things.

Guns, not so much 

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Not exactly.  There is more total gun violence in Chicago, but it’s usually a collection of individual incidents and not 4+ people getting killed in one shot (sorry, bad pun).

Amd I’m sure particularly the Alabama shooting here will be blamed on “libs” anyway.  However it can’t be blamed on “liberal policies” as it occurred in a county which traditionally votes for Republican presidential candidates at about a 70% clip.

You don't think there are multi victim shootings in Chicago?   😂

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Dadeville. Black mayor. :dunno:

8 minutes ago, WatsonRules said:

Well, there are many years of training and licensing that go into those things.

Guns, not so much 

You are missing out completely. That dude took the jump from owning a handgun to owning a grenade laucher and killing with it. How many people in this country are getting killed by grenade launchers?

Just like cars vs. planes. Your average person isn't flying a plane.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Cars don't kill people, people kill people. This isn't a Stephen King book. 

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

Never happens. Drive by shootings are a myth. 😆

11 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

You are missing out completely. That dude took the jump from owning a handgun to owning a grenade laucher and killing with it. How many people in this country are getting killed by grenade launchers?

Just like cars vs. planes. Your average person isn't flying a plane.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Cars don't kill people, people kill people. This isn't a Stephen King book. 

I see subtle sarcasm isn’t your strong suit.

Noted

20 minutes ago, Strike said:

How often have 4 or more been killed in one shooting in Chicago?  I’ll wait.

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

You'll be waiting a long time.  I'm not doing your research for you.  But you want me to show that Chicago has MORE shootings with 4 deaths than EVERYWHERE else combined apparently.  Sorry, not even gonna go down this rabbit hole with you.  But you're an idiot if you think Chicago doesn't have multi death shootings. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Why are you using four? And why do only dead people count? The survivors aren’t victims? Rub some dirt on it? 

I guess if there is a mass shooting at a hospital but everyone survives because they are at a hospital we shouldn’t count it as a mass shooting.  Unbelievable.  People survive shootings because they got lucky.  

There were 54 kids shot dead in Chicago in 2022. No big deal as long as it’s spread out, or, not widespread.  About one a week. 

11 minutes ago, Strike said:

You'll be waiting a long time.  I'm not doing your research for you.  But you want me to show that Chicago has MORE shootings with 4 deaths than EVERYWHERE else combined apparently.  Sorry, not even gonna go down this rabbit hole with you.  But you're an idiot if you think Chicago doesn't have multi death shootings. 

I never said they don’t have multi death shootings, liar.  And like I said I know they have more deaths in total.  The point is the other ones make more news because of more people dying in one incident.

Just now, TimHauck said:

I never said they don’t have multi death shootings, liar.  And like I said I know they have more deaths in total.  The point is the other ones make more news because of more people dying in one incident.

No.  People are just desensitized to shootings in Chicago because they happen almost every day.  Don't be an idiot.  Oh wait, too late.

• Sad 1

Just now, Strike said:

No.  People are just desensitized to shootings in Chicago because they happen almost every day.  Don't be an idiot.  Oh wait, too late.

So no apology for lying about what you thought I said?

Just now, TimHauck said:

So no apology for lying about what you thought I said?

Nope

• Sad 1