Sign in to follow this  
TommyGavin

***Official NHL Playoffs Threada***

Should be some more good ones tonight...  Four games and nothing else on...

It's hockey time!!!

posty likes hockey... there is hope for him yet. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, edjr said:

posty likes hockey... there is hope for him yet. 

:)

I have always liked hockey...  Well that isn't true, where I grew up, the closest hockey was was two hours away and they sucked so no one cared...  I didn't start liking hockey until the early 80s...

7 minutes ago, posty said:

:)

I have always liked hockey...  Well that isn't true, where I grew up, the closest hockey was was two hours away and they sucked so no one cared...  I didn't start liking hockey until the early 80s...

In spite of our MLB time of game issues. I am glad we get along :cheers: 

too many people bicker 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

In spite of our MLB time of game issues. I am glad we get along :cheers: 

too many people bicker 

:pointstosky:

Ditto...  Life is too short to bicker about everything, especially on a message board...

On 4/27/2023 at 3:45 PM, GobbleDog said:

The Lightning could get eliminated tonight.

At stake is 4 straight Stanley Cup Finals...  let's keep the dream alive!!!

:pointstosky:

No one is winning four straight again and or (especially) not winning 19 playoff series. 

12 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Beat it you dirty Islanders, no autographs. 

Dirty ?? No autographs? 

‘splain

12 hours ago, posty said:

LOL at the Presidents Trophy curse continuing…

Us true Bruins fans knew what was coming. Expect the Celtics to lose to the 76ers too. 

26 minutes ago, edjr said:

Us true Bruins fans knew what was coming. Expect the Celtics to lose to the 76ers too. 

I guess the fans shouldn't have been chanting "We Want the Cup" in the last games of the season, especially when they broke the wins record...

Florida had the most points last year, so it isn't like it is surprising...

Just now, posty said:

I guess the fans shouldn't have been chanting "We Want the Cup" in the last games of the season, especially when they broke the wins record...

Florida had the most points last year, so it isn't like it is surprising...

It is quite common for the 8 to beat the 1 in the NHL playoffs.  Bruins won the Pres trophy in 2019 and lost in the 1st round....

Just now, edjr said:

It is quite common for the 8 to beat the 1 in the NHL playoffs.  Bruins won the Pres trophy in 2019 and lost in the 1st round....

Very true...

As much as I love NHL playoffs. This is going to hurt for a bit. I will definitely watch the cup finals. 

32 minutes ago, edjr said:

Ummm....I think you mean Tampon Bay, not the Bruins in 2019.

As for this year, what a collapse. Up 3-1 after looking good in Fla, then losing 3 straight, 2 of which were at home. Giving up the puck in their own end constantly, making bad passes, just looked collectively like they couldn't handle the pressure and expectations. This actually feels worse to me right now than 18-1.

8 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Ummm....I think you mean Tampon Bay, not the Bruins in 2019.

As for this year, what a collapse. Up 3-1 after looking good in Fla, then losing 3 straight, 2 of which were at home. Giving up the puck in their own end constantly, making bad passes, just looked collectively like they couldn't handle the pressure and expectations. This actually feels worse to me right now than 18-1.

Ah yes. Bruins did it in 2014. Presidents trophy and 1st round loss. 

36 minutes ago, edjr said:

Ah yes. Bruins did it in 2014. Presidents trophy and 1st round loss. 

It was actually the 2nd round. The B's beat Detroit in the first round, 4-1. They lost to the friggin' Habs in 7 games in round 2.

6 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

It was actually the 2nd round. The B's beat Detroit in the first round, 4-1. They lost to the friggin' Habs in 7 games in round 2.

They didn't win the cup and won the presidents trophy. The curse continues. We need shank to write a book. 

President's Trophy has been awarded 36 times, just 8 won the Stanley Cup.  9 of the last 10 were eliminated in first or second round. 

Bruin's were doomed. Don't mess with the black magic. :ninja:

Last team to beat the curse: 2012 Blackhawks

1 minute ago, GobbleDog said:

Bruin's were doomed. Don't mess with the black magic. :ninja:

Last team to beat the curse: 2012 Blackhawks

It was the 2013 Blackhawks.

Boy, I'm doing alot of correcting in this thread :banana:

20 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

It was the 2013 Blackhawks.

Boy, I'm doing alot of correcting in this thread :banana:

They sold their souls. Where have they been since they won it all in 2014/2015.  26 and 49 this year. 

I noticed that the royally suckass former Wings goaltender Bob Essensa is now the goaltending coach in Boston. He's been here before. Him and Tim Cheveldae were 100% responsible for many Presidents Trophy Wings teams collapse in the playoffs in the pre-Vernon/Osgood years.

God, I still focking hate Chevldae and Essensa. :mad:  When you outshoot the other team 3-1 each game, you're supposed to win.

Anyone know what time the Bruins game starts?

If you had told me about a week ago the Bruins would get knocked out in round one and the Rangers would blow 2-0 going home I would have said you were nuts. Rangers were like 5 for 27 on the PP. they were lucky to get to a game 7.  

I've watched a LOT of playoff hockey this season. More then normal. I really hope the Sabres make it back next year. It's the best.

9 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

I've watched a LOT of playoff hockey this season. More then normal. I really hope the Sabres make it back next year. It's the best.

I like you dain, for many reasons. I can't imagine how terrible it must be,  being a lifelong Buffalo fan :(

• Like 1

My team's out (Lightning)... time to bandwagon. Hello Panthers... don't even have to leave the state. Otherwise I'd root for Toronto. Was kind of hoping Rangers went a little further, they were fun to watch.

Would like to see Vegas and Kracklins get eliminated.  <_<

9 hours ago, edjr said:

I like you dain, for many reasons. I can't imagine how terrible it must be,  being a lifelong Buffalo fan :(

Dude, you have no idea 😂

I might be 80 years old when it happens but it’ll make that first championship all the more sweeter. 

8 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

Want the Devils and Maple Loafs out this round. Rooting for Vegas !

I'm rooting for Vegas, too, mainly because of Bruce Cassidy. I hate the Leafs, but it's tough to root for the Panthers after they just beat the Bruins :mad:

12 hours ago, dain11279 said:

Dude, you have no idea 😂

I might be 80 years old when it happens but it’ll make that first championship all the more sweeter. 

When the Red Sox lost in 7 to the Yankees in 2003, not a Red Sox fan alive thought they would ever see a title in their lifetime. 

Yes the Patriots won the Super Bowl in 2001, which was incredible. NOTHING beats the Red Sox winning in 2004. So many older people finally could rest.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dain11279 said:

Dude, you have no idea 😂

Hopefully Seattle stands in solidarity with Buffalo and eliminates Dallas as payback for the infamous 1999 "No Goal". 

✊✊✊

Still pulling for the Oilers...  McDavid and Draisaitl are fun to watch...

Who in da fuq is this chick doing the Stars game broadcast?? Fk me. :doh:

On 5/3/2023 at 5:37 PM, posty said:

Still pulling for the Oilers...  McDavid and Draisaitl are fun to watch...

Agreed. Would be cool to see McDavid get one.