Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Who's getting drafted at #2?

A day before the draft and the No.2 pick remains the pivot point in the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if we we see the top QBs (outside of Young) fall a little bit. I've currently got DL Will Anderson going to Houston at 2 in the Draft Contest... could also see Tyree Wilson. :dunno: 

Stroud is dumb as a rock but who cares? He was dumb as a rock at Ohio State as well. The Texans are fools if they don't grab their franchise QB at 2. 

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

Stroud is dumb as a rock but who cares? He was dumb as a rock at Ohio State as well. The Texans are fools if they don't grab their franchise QB at 2. 

Are they bigger fools for passing on QB or drafting this year’s Zach Wilson or Josh Rosen?

52 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Are they bigger fools for passing on QB or drafting this year’s Zach Wilson or Josh Rosen?

What's the alternative, having no QB? What are they winning without a QB and when will they have a chance at another Stroud? 

Stroud is not Wilson or Rosen, everyone knew Wilson was overdrafted, even at the time. Strouds pedigree is superior to both of those. 

I think they might trade down 

3 minutes ago, League Champion said:

What's the alternative, having no QB? What are they winning without a QB and when will they have a chance at another Stroud? 

Stroud is not Wilson or Rosen, everyone knew Wilson was overdrafted, even at the time. Strouds pedigree is superior to both of those. 

I wasn’t saying Stroud or anyone else is. Although history suggests two of these guys will be. The alternative is drafting your franchise EDGE now and deal with QB some other way. They will still have two 1sts next year. If you think Stroud or Levis is the guy then fine, draft him. If not, it’s foolish to draft him just because…

2 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I wasn’t saying Stroud or anyone else is. Although history suggests two of these guys will be. The alternative is drafting your franchise EDGE now and deal with QB some other way. They will still have two 1sts next year. If you think Stroud or Levis is the guy then fine, draft him. If not, it’s foolish to draft him just because…

You're not wrong but I feel like draft your QB now, if it doesn't work out then draft another next year. Either way but you can't pass on one when you don't have one. 

32 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Hmmm... 🤔

I heard a report today that they'd like to trade out of 2, grab a QB if possible and grab Bijan at 12. That would be a boss ass move. 

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Next year it may take Houston 4 #1s to move up to 1. That is, if the #1 team is looking to sell. Plus, Anderson could be a an ok player, but he's no promise to be a football hero either. 

Houston shoukd take a chance on Stroud. 

58 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Next year it may take Houston 4 #1s to move up to 1. That us, if the #1 team is looking to sell. Plus, Anderson could be a an ok player, but he's no promise to be a football hero either. 

Houston shoukd take a chance on Stroud. 

If they like him than yes, if not it would be ridiculous to take him just because other people would do so.

I was tempted to put DL Will Anderson at #2 for the Texans and then changed my mind. I submitted my entry for the first 10 picks and decided with so much uncertainty early in the first round as to who goes where and does any team trade I decided what the heck and swung for the fences with my 10 selections. Yeah go ahead and bust on it cause I'm probably wrong but stranger things have happened in past drafts. Won't say what order but I have 4 QB's going in the first 4 picks. Yeah, crazy but you never know and and I said stranger things have happened but 4 QB's going in a row would probably be the strangest. I could get lucky and the $100 I'd put towards a BROCK PURDY jersey. Yeah baby, you go Mr. Irrelevant. Go 49ers!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DocNiner said:

I was tempted to put DL Will Anderson at #2 for the Texans and then changed my mind. I submitted my entry for the first 10 picks and decided with so much uncertainty early in the first round as to who goes where and does any team trade I decided what the heck and swung for the fences with my 10 selections. Yeah go ahead and bust on it cause I'm probably wrong but stranger things have happened in past drafts. Won't say what order but I have 4 QB's going in the first 4 picks. Yeah, crazy but you never know and and I said stranger things have happened but 4 QB's going in a row would probably be the strangest. I could get lucky and the $100 I'd put towards a BROCK PURDY jersey. Yeah baby, you go Mr. Irrelevant. Go 49ers!!

Ya never know. Especially this year.  It's not a great draft except for tight end and maybe running back.

I'm in a dynasty Superflex (2 QB) league, I'm picking 1.02 and need a QB. Bijan is going 1 so I'll have my pick of the litter.

Do I dare take Richardson over Young?? I can't get over the possible upside and Young's size worries me long term. Am I crazy?? 

I'm in a dynasty Superflex (2 QB) league, I'm picking 1.02 and need a QB. Bijan is going 1 so I'll have my pick of the litter.

Do I dare take Richardson over Young?? I can't get over the possible upside and Young's size worries me long term. Am I crazy?? 

Well, Young is gonna start right away and yes his size could be an issue at some point but he has all the skills to be successful. Hard to ignore the great possible upside of Richardson. He has some things that need to be corrected before he's a viable starter but in Dynasty you'll want a QB that's gonna be good long term and for me I like Ricardson's potential and upside. Depends too on who you have at QB now on your roster. If you need one of these rookie QB's to start for you then it's Young. If not then take the upside that Richardson brings.

Definitely not crazy.  It’s the same Floor vs Ceiling dilemma Fantasy owners face every year. The only question you have to ask yourself is: Do you feel lucky?

40 minutes ago, DocNiner said:

epends too on who you have at QB now on your roster. If you need one of these rookie QB's to start for you then it's Young. If not then take the upside that Richardson brings

That's my problem, I have Fields and that's it. I do need someone who can step in immediately. Best case scenario is that Richardson goes somewhere where he can start immediately but that doesn't appear likely. 

I was really high on Stroud until it was discovered that he's a Tard. It looks like Young is the obvious pick. 

I'm in a 12 team dynasty superflex as well. Richardson would be hard to take for me. 53.7% completion %. That's scary bad. And he was about the 2nd worst at 10 yards or less with 66% for power 5 QBs. Then he comes out and says: "I can definitely get better and delivering the ball and helping my guys up," Richardson said. "But I also can't catch every pass. If I could, I would, definitely."

Yikes. I'll wait to see who drafts him before I even consider him. 

Is that the same as a superflex? 

4 hours ago, League Champion said:

That's my problem, I have Fields and that's it. I do need someone who can step in immediately. Best case scenario is that Richardson goes somewhere where he can start immediately but that doesn't appear likely. 

I was really high on Stroud until it was discovered that he's a Tard. It looks like Young is the obvious pick. 

What can you get for Fields and the #2 pick? Maybe get a QB you like better than Young. If you pass on Young I would go with Jahymir Gibbs over Richardson or Stroud.

5 minutes ago, jrokh said:

What can you get for Fields and the #2 pick? Maybe get a QB you like better than Young. If you pass on Young I would go with Jahymir Gibbs over Richardson or Stroud.

That's interesting. I never really thought about that prospect. I'll see what's out there. Thanks 

5 hours ago, League Champion said:

That's interesting. I never really thought about that prospect. I'll see what's out there. Thanks 

Why give up on Fields when the Bears are setting up the offense that is all about him? A lot if not all the guys that post on this site are betting on Fields to fail, but the guy will get yards on the ground, he will have a much better oline and another receiving tight end at the very least.

Jenkins proved himself at guard, Jones was the best rookie tackle last year and they now know that his biggest weakness is lower body strength, which is easily fixable. They brought in a decent guard so far, and will possibly grab the best OT in this draft. Things are looking up for Fields and if he fails, it won't be because that dude isn't putting in the time or is difficult to voach or us low character. Plus he's your only QB in a superflex? You need another QB now if you are ready to contend everywhere else in your lineup, not just a different QB. Fields will be a starting QB for a while. You need 2 starters. Wait until round one is over today, and either target a QB rookie at #2 that will start, or see if you could trade #2 pick for a safe starting QB. 

I'm in a dynasty superflex and due to previous in trades the past couple years, I have the 1st and 5th picks this year. I'm sitting with Watson, Lance, and Ritter. If I could get Young at #5, I would be all in. But I'm taking Robinson at #1 and then I need a receiver but this year sucks for 1st round receivers so depending on how the QBs play out, I may grab Young or another depending on who falls to 5. I have to see where these receivers go to though.

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

I can't, he's all I got. I need more QBs, not less. 

And not equal. Meaning only 1.When Watson was out, I went into rebuild mode til he came back. I traded Stafford at the time for 2 firsts. 

Just now, seafoam1 said:

And not equal. Meaning only 1.

Unless Richardson lands in a spot where he can start immediately then I have to draft Young at 1.02. 

Stroud at #2. Winner winner chicken dinner!!! I put $70 on him going #2. Now I forgot the odds I got him at. :wacko:

Actually, I had $75 at +260 and threw another $30 when it went up to +350. 

Edited by seafoam1

On 4/27/2023 at 12:14 PM, seafoam1 said:

I'm in a 12 team dynasty superflex as well. Richardson would be hard to take for me. 53.7% completion %. That's scary bad. And he was about the 2nd worst at 10 yards or less with 66% for power 5 QBs. Then he comes out and says: "I can definitely get better and delivering the ball and helping my guys up," Richardson said. "But I also can't catch every pass. If I could, I would, definitely."

Yikes. I'll wait to see who drafts him before I even consider him. 

I have a sneaky suspicion that Richardson is gonna start sooner than people expect. Watch, he'll battle Minshew in T.C. and Anthony's gonna outplay him. A.R.s way more talented than Minshew. Irsay will tell the coach you gotta play Richardson. I just hope it doesn't hurt his development.

15 hours ago, DocNiner said:

I have a sneaky suspicion that Richardson is gonna start sooner than people expect. Watch, he'll battle Minshew in T.C. and Anthony's gonna outplay him. A.R.s way more talented than Minshew. Irsay will tell the coach you gotta play Richardson. I just hope it doesn't hurt his development.

I think it could take the coaching staff a year alone just to figure out how to attack the next draft when they start thinking about when to play Richardson. That dude should sit for half the year, then maybe get a series a game for the rest of the year. Just to keep him in live action for him to visualize what he needs to learn in practice week in and week out. I wouldn't even use they guy all that much in preseason. Take it freaking slow. And see how things go for next year. 

I hope they don't rush him either. Could ruin the dude and simply have him be the next Taysom Hill. 

You play him early and often.  

On 4/27/2023 at 5:18 PM, seafoam1 said:

the guy will get yards on the ground,

he will get yards on the ground.    hes a crappy QB in real life but for fantasy purposes he will be a decent QB2.

if he somehow manages to put it together he could be more, but I am not betting on that.    That said If hes my QB2 I'm not that unhappy.

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

he will get yards on the ground.    hes a crappy QB in real life but for fantasy purposes he will be a decent QB2.

Well, look at what Fields did, and he couldn't throw a football in the ocean. Richardson could EASILY be a QB1 right out of the gate. 

I'm not betting on it but it's far from a longshot. Definitely a solid QB2 day 1. I'll be drafting him at 1.02. 

In the two 14 team half ppr leagues I’m in this next season , I only need one Qb, he’ll make for a good stream from time to time.  The Colts should start him right away, Minshew is done.   

21 minutes ago, weepaws said:

The Colts should start him right away, Minshew is done.   

I would imagine they would, especially how high they drafted him. Minshew can't possibly beat him out 

Well, look at what Fields did, and he couldn't throw a football in the ocean. Richardson could EASILY be a QB1 right out of the gate. 

I'm not betting on it but it's far from a longshot. Definitely a solid QB2 day 1. I'll be drafting him at 1.02. 

its possible.

ideally hed sit at least a couple games before getting thrown to the wolves.

hes one of those who is tougher to evaluate until you see him in pre season.       does he have that potential?  certainly.

will it happen?    I am not sure.   at least Not yet.

but the uncertainty likely means you get him a lot cheaper than you probably should.    so if you can take advantage of this, you should.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

its possible.

ideally hed sit at least a couple games before getting thrown to the wolves.

hes one of those who is tougher to evaluate until you see him in pre season.       does he have that potential?  certainly.

will it happen?    I am not sure.   at least Not yet.

but the uncertainty likely means you get him a lot cheaper than you probably should.    so if you can take advantage of this, you should.

I think he's in a much better place than Fields was. He's got some pretty decent weapons. 

I don’t see why the colts would draft him so early, and then sit him.  They have zero to gain from sitting him.  

10 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I don’t see why the colts would draft him so early, and then sit him.  They have zero to gain from sitting him.  

I disagree.   if he has mechanics issues, this is the time /place to sit him to fix those.

also, if you need to redraw the game plan with new plays to account for the new skillset then you also need time to do that.

I see nothing wrong with sitting him for the first handful of games if hes not quite there.   its far easier to justify this at the start of the career rather than a year or two into it.

Especially if there is some issues with throwing mechanics as there often is with QB's coming out of college.

also if hes fine this way but his processing speed is a bit slow, the extra time in practice will get him up to speed so you dont ruin his confidence by starting him too soon.

at the end of the day, there are lots of possible permutations and conbinations that could lead to him sitting a few games at the start of his career and that is not something to be afraid of.