Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Big rocket go boom

3 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

🤣

Newspeak is a real thing now…

SpaceX disaster, Tesla stock down precipitously, and Twitter worth less than half what he paid in less than a year.

Musk is such a genius!

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Wasn't this just a test run?

Yeah, and Musk said the thing might blow up. 

Judging by all the hooting, hollering and gushing in the video, I guess the space nerds are calling this a success.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-estimates-spacex-starship-first-launch-odds-success-explosion-2023-3?amp&fbclid=IwAR0WvJLv62XXymGI5ALZzkDKZQYdkDDjgpmfZdO7x3rhZc3BprcwtGnQpa8

Elon Musk hints Starship rocket may explode on first orbital launch, predicting 50% chance of success and 'guaranteeing excitement'

Seems like you'd want to improve the odds a little bit before liftoff.

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Judging by all the hooting, hollering and gushing in the video, I guess the space nerds are calling this a success.

We have a Ginormous space convention here right now.  Gonna be a lot of 40 oz Virgin coladas poured out. 

2 hours ago, dogcows said:

SpaceX disaster, Tesla stock down precipitously, and Twitter worth less than half what he paid in less than a year.

Musk is such a genius!

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Yeah, and Musk said the thing might blow up. 

You guys can't get over Musk owning you at your own game.  You've got TDS and MDS so much that it consumes all of your daily thoughts.  Pathetic - but that's to be expected from you two a$$ clowns.  

You guys should regroup back at the DNC Glory Hole for the latest marching orders from your plantation masters.  :lol:

Musk is such a genius!

That wasn't a SpaceX disaster at all.  The likely built in several more test runs.

Musk is such a genius!

I agree newspeak is a real thing, but probably not in the way you're meaning.

3 hours ago, dogcows said:

Musk is such a genius!

I'll quote Eric Berger Senior Space Editor at Ars Technica.   But first I'll quote Media Bias / Fact Check for Ars Technica just in case you aren't familiar with the source:

Overall, we rate Ars Technica Least Biased based on mostly neutral reporting that sticks to their genre of technology. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information and a clean fact check record.

Here is what Eric Berger has to say:

The "but it exploded" take is fine. For the layperson who sees NASA at work, which can't afford to fail, this looks like failure. But for those who know a little bit more, and about iterative design, this was a tremendous success. SpaceX has 2-3 more rockets ready to go.

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

You guys can't get over Musk owning you at your own game.  You've got TDS and MDS so much that it consumes all of your daily thoughts.  Pathetic - but that's to be expected from you two a$$ clowns.  

You guys should regroup back at the DNC Glory Hole for the latest marching orders from your plantation masters.  :lol:

No doubt, Musk really did a number on these morons. 

• Like 1

Just now, Reality said:

No doubt, Musk really did a number on these morons. 

When you talk as much shet as Elon does you probably should expect some peeps coming after you a bit.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

When you talk as much shet as Elon does you probably should expect some peeps coming after you a bit.

I didn't know Musk posted here.  What's he looking to do buy FFT?

Just now, RogerDodger said:

I didn't know Musk posted here.  What's he looking to do buy FFT?

I’ll start the bidding at a shiny quarter!

love seeing all the twitter freedom fighters looking like idiots with  their hottakes 

• Like 1

Wow a lot of people here think that this launch is a success? I guess the Falcons had a successful Super Bowl 51…

Cant get much dumber than a Musk sycophant. 

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

Wow a lot of people here think that this is success? I guess the Falcons had a successful Super Bowl 51…

Tell me you’re a moron without telling me your a moron

🤡

16 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Wow a lot of people here think that this launch is a success? I guess the Falcons had a successful Super Bowl 51…

That was a dumb analogy for a Bills fan to make.  :doh:

9 minutes ago, dogcows said:

You dont understand the process of science.  Its privately funded so who cares. NASA cant afford a blow up.  Read about the development of the light bulb and get back to me.

23 minutes ago, dogcows said:

This makes you sound dumb.

45 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Politics broke you. Sad.

1 hour ago, RogerDodger said:

I'll quote Eric Berger Senior Space Editor at Ars Technica.   But first I'll quote Media Bias / Fact Check for Ars Technica just in case you aren't familiar with the source:

Here is what Eric Berger has to say:

:thumbsup:

I mean, they're the perfect liberals - knee jerk responses with no thought whatsoever.  They'll just parrot what they learned at the DNC Glory Hole and head back there tomorrow to slurp up tomorrows lip-smacking, tasty DNC jizz.

I at least hope the DNC is giving them a courtesy reach around and returning the favor.

I throw a Twinkie wrapper into the median and it's a $200 fine. This jackass launches a couple tons of propellants and God knows how much material into the ocean and not a word.

• Like 1

I really do not understand the big deal about this. We launched space shuttles into space for 30 years....which ended 20 years ago. Now we are down to cheering rockets?

2 hours ago, lod001 said:

I really do not understand the big deal about this. We launched space shuttles into space for 30 years....which ended 20 years ago. Now we are down to cheering rockets?

The space shuttle wasn’t designed to deliver large payloads to the moon, and eventually mars.  

5 hours ago, dogcows said:

Please. You dopes loved him until he took your rattle away. It’s funny watching all of you pout now. 

2 hours ago, RogerDodger said:

The space vehicle can carry 100 people.  That scale has never been done before. Obviously.  

Ahhh....so if they all blow up into ashes, he can fit an entire country onto one?

1 hour ago, RogerDodger said:

The space vehicle can carry 100 people.  That scale has never been done before. Obviously.  

I’ll pass on taking the first couple rides. 

Well all the space nerds around here seem rather withdrawn.

You can bet they'd be spooging their Underoos if things had gone well.

8 hours ago, thegeneral said:

And you are a perfect example. 

Well, if it stays consistent with Star Trek canon, I believe this is the stardate where the Vulcans who were observing from afar bust out laughing for the first time in their species' history.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Well all the space nerds around here seem rather withdrawn.

You can bet they'd be spooging their Underoos if things had gone well.

It went fine.  My underoos are full of spooge.  Once I blow my load, though, it's time for a sandwich.  We don't need to talk about it.

You know that supposed Musk family-owned emerald mine that Elon has recently been saying is just a rumor, despite previously saying on record that the mine definitely existed?

"I will pay a million Dogecoin for proof of this mine's existence!" Musk tweeted earlier this month, similarly complaining back in January that "the fake emerald mine thing is so annoying (sigh)."

Well, according to Errol Musk, the unsurprisingly eccentric — and in one major way, extremely creepy — father of Elon, the mine definitely exists. And come to think of it, he'll take that Dogecoin, thanks!

"When I read that, I wondered, 'Can I enter, because I can prove it existed," Errol told The Sun in a new interview, referring to his son's Dogecoin tweet. "Elon knows it's true. All the kids know about it."

"Elon saw them (the emeralds) at our house," he added. "He knew I was selling them."

https://futurism.com/elon-musk-dad-emerald-mine

• Haha 1