Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

UPDATE: Jameson Williams - Reinstated - Back with DET for Wk5

That’s a good start for him.  

21 hours ago, nobody said:

I wonder how they caught all these guys

Their names are in a data base. They should of used their Wife or girlfriends burner phones with their name on the account they're using. 

21 hours ago, nobody said:

I wonder how they caught all these guys

Given that (some of) it was for doing it at the team's facility, tracking Wifi usage I would imagine.

Is he worth a bench storage in a ppr? I have G. Davis, Hopkins and Cooks on the bench right now, along with Spears, Ekeler and Montgomery. 

Tough one, very hard to say how he’s going to do, I think you have a good bench , I would stay.  

• Thanks 1

Lions homer here,  Will need time, was hurt in training camp and will be 4th option when back - St.Brown, LaPorta, Gibbs but will be the deep threat we don't have, grab him now!

6 hours ago, jeffkomlo said:

Lions homer here,  Will need time, was hurt in training camp and will be 4th option when back - St.Brown, LaPorta, Gibbs but will be the deep threat we don't have, grab him now!

Grab him now, or will need time?  Are you my ex wife by chance?

• Haha 2

the scouting report suggested hes a boom or bust pick.  if you look at some old threads here there was another Lions homer who suggested hed light it up as a rookie and.... he didnt.

I wasnt expecting someone coming back from an ACL injury to light it up.

he is high on talent, but still will struggle with the jam at the line. (as per his draft day scouting report)    The Lions coach seems to know what hes doing so I suspect he will find ways to get him free of the jam but he is still basically a rookie and I'd treat him as such.  he will have good and bad games.    Likely a WR4.  Possibly WR5 but he does have considerable upside so he might be worth a roster spot.

5 hours ago, JagFan said:

You will need time to grab him now... 

Have this guy on my bench in the 16 team league, not expecting much but will be holding for a while as a WR 4 boom/bust play. 

31 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I'd like to add him but don't have anyone I'm willing to drop, so he's on my watchlist.

He will not be on your watchlist long.  

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

I'd like to add him but don't have anyone I'm willing to drop, so he's on my watchlist.

I'm in the same boat.

but someone just picked him up in my league, so he is no longer on my watchlist either.

No biggie.  its a nice problem to have when you are happy with your players and dont feel you want to pick up a player like this.   I see the potential value.    If I had a bottom dwelling team I'd be all over this one.

44 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I'm in the same boat.

but someone just picked him up in my league, so he is no longer on my watchlist either.

No biggie.  its a nice problem to have when you are happy with your players and dont feel you want to pick up a player like this.   I see the potential value.    If I had a bottom dwelling team I'd be all over this one.

My most droppables are Jahan Dotson, Justice Hill, Tank Bigsby (handcuff for Etienne who I have), Tyjae Spears (I don't have D Henry). 

Good bye J Hill, hello J Williams.  

Well Jameson Williams is locked since Detroit played Thursday so I won't need to make a decision on bidding to add him until Wed night as our waiver runs early Thursday morning (2 am or after).

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

My most droppables are Jahan Dotson, Justice Hill, Tank Bigsby (handcuff for Etienne who I have), Tyjae Spears (I don't have D Henry). 

I'd drop Tank Bigsby.   hes one of those players who is valuable to you but not to anyone else.  if Williams looks bad you can always drop him and pick the Tank up again.  nobody else will pick him up unless Etienne goes down in a heap with a bad injury

5 hours ago, LaChup said:

Who would you rather have in an all bookie league:

Jameson Williams or Calvin Ridley

Pete Rose and it’s not even close

• Haha 1

Jameson Williams

When he's played these are his snap counts and percentage of snap counts in weeks 13 - 18  2022. 

11%
19%
19%
17%
25%
24%

Also, he was injured in the preseason this year; not sure where his health is at today.

• Like 1

Yea, my opinion on my potential droppable players could change after week 4 is played.

Thanks for all of your opinions and recommendations.

Thinking how dominant the Lions could be if they hit on the 3 #1s last two years.   Williams has done nothing.  Gibbs and Campbell would be third rounders in a redraft.

Jalen Carter looking good riight now.

21 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

Thinking how dominant the Lions could be if they hit on the 3 #1s last two years.   Williams has done nothing.  Gibbs and Campbell would be third rounders in a redraft.

Jalen Carter looking good riight now.

Carter the problem is whether they could keep him in check. Obviously a lot of teams around the league concluded that he was a head case that they didn't want to roll the dice on, and Philly had half his damn college team on their roster to help babysit.

On 9/30/2023 at 7:06 AM, JagFan said:

Williams will need time to be fantasy relevant but if you want to benefit you're going to need to grab him now or someone else in your league will.

hth

On 9/30/2023 at 9:30 PM, Gepetto said:

justice hill

On 9/30/2023 at 11:42 PM, Gepetto said:

Jameson Williams

When he's played these are his snap counts and percentage of snap counts in weeks 13 - 18  2022. 

11%
19%
19%
17%
25%
24%

Also, he was injured in the preseason this year; not sure where his health is at today.

don't even bother looking at 2022 numbers. He was coming off ACL and the Lions were treating him with kid gloves. The bigger issue is the injury he was dealing with in preseason and having been away from the team. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

justice hill

I dropped him already, he was on my IR when he got healthy I had to activate and drop him. I have a kicker and TE (both Dallas) on bye week 7 that I don't want to drop, so Tank Bigsby is my next drop. I should have been pro-active and picked up Logan Thomas before Thursday night. My next drop after that is Jayden Reed. After week 7, if J-Mo is still available I'll pick him up then. Detroit is going to ease him back, although they need him now with A-R St Brown doubtful.

43 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

don't even bother looking at 2022 numbers. He was coming off ACL and the Lions were treating him with kid gloves. The bigger issue is the injury he was dealing with in preseason and having been away from the team. 

100% correct.

only reason they didnt completely redshrit him is likely because they wanted him to learn the playbook and so they used it as an in game teaching opportunity.

he is not in game shape so his usage this week may be a bit lower than what it would typically be for the rest of the year but my expectation is that when he is on the field he will be the #2 WR.  Possibly #3 in his first game back.

Not many healthy players left l I think the Lions will need for J Williams to produce.  

FRI, OCT 6, 3:04 PMROTOWIRE.COM

Williams (not injury related) is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against Carolina.

Spin: This would seem to be the Lions' way of suggesting that Williams may not be ready to play even though he's healthy and no longer suspended. It also adds to concerns about his potential workload in the event he's active ahead of the 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff, though the Lions don't exactly have great WR alternatives with No. 1 Amon-Ra St. Brown (abdomen) listed as doubtful and Josh Reynolds (groin) deemed questionable. Reynolds was a full practice participant Friday and at this point looks like the safest bet for snaps and targets among Detroit's WRs.

Not to sure how to understand that, he’s not hurt but questionable, that seems like he’s playing with a pitch count.  

Williams is terrible and looks lost out there.  I drank the kool-aid thinking he was the nex Tyreek Hill..he stinks!

Thank god the lions did not need him because he did not show up for sure.  That is not what I was hoping for from him as a lions fan.