Sign in to follow this  
jonmx

The official 'The Left has Gone Crazy' thread

On 5/6/2023 at 3:31 PM, jonmx said:

‘I am a White person:’ UC Berkeley scholar apologizes for wrongly claiming to be Native American her ‘whole life’

Why lie?  Because they want to be treated with priviledge and gain clout.  The idea that there is such a thing as white priviledge in 2023 is a lie only leftist buffoons believe. 

Should have gone with transgender like everybody else.

48 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Should have gone with transgender like everybody else.

Why limit personal identification to genders.  We should be able to self-identify as anything and only the most hate-filled bigot would dare question it.   Gender is far more clearly genetically determined than arbitrary classifications of race. 

3 hours ago, League Champion said:

OK, which geeks are the ones on the lower right?  :lol:

US Merchant Marine Academy official under fire for tweet on 'white, male' roots of racism, misogyny

.... A U.S. Merchant Marine Academy official is under fire for a series of racially charged tweets – including one in which he attributes misogyny and racism to "the same white, male root."....Anton Tripolskii, who was hired at the Kings Point, New York, school as its $142,595-per-year sexual assault response director, sent a June 2020 tweet ...."We don’t have forces who do right by survivors of intimate partner and sexual violence because we don’t have forces who don’t abuse Brown and Black people....Same forces, same reasons. Misogyny and racism grow from the same white, male root."

.....is now calling on the academy's superintendent to demand answers on the Twitter activity of Tripolskii, who was installed in September..... comes amid allegations from some midshipmen that the service academy under the authority of Superintendent Vice Adm. Joanna Nunan and Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg has become increasingly "woke."....Citing multiple tweets from before his time at the academy.... requested clarification whether Tripolskii's "outspoken comments about race and gender in the United States are reflective of the academy and its beliefs."

.....The members noted that Tripolskii retweeted a user in October 2020 who suggested "White men with a history of domestic and sexual violence" are more inclined to become "radicalized terrorists."....The letter went on to mention that in an email Tripolskii sent to all midshipmen in April regarding the academy's "inaugural field day" ..... that the goal of the event was to "support LGBTQ+ community members."

...."Mr. Tripolskii's comments are divisive and wrong and disqualify him from employment at a U.S. Service Academy," Banks told.... "It appears that House Democrats, alongside Secretary Buttigieg, used their appropriations bill to politicize the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy and endorse the hiring of far-left ideologues."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-merchant-marine-academy-official-under-fire-for-tweet-on-white-male-roots-of-racism-misogyny

Chicago prosecutor Jason Poje quits over crime surge, leaders’ woke ‘social experiment’

....Jason Poje, a felony trial attorney with the Cook County State Attorney’s Office, sent the letter to 85 colleagues on Friday as he headed out the door, explaining that he was departing because of several progressive reforms that have made the city more dangerous for everyone...“The simple fact is that this State and County have set themselves on a course to disaster,” wrote Poje, who was with the office for 20 years. “And the worst part is that the agency for whom I work has backed literally every policy change that has the predictable, and predicted, outcome of more crime and more people getting hurt.....Bond reform designed to make sure no one stays in jail while their cases are pending with no safety net to handle more criminals on the streets, shorter parole periods, lower sentences for repeat offenders, the malicious and unnecessary prosecution of law enforcement officers, the overuse of diversion programs, intentionally not pursuing prosecutions for crimes lawfully on the books after being passed by our legislature and signed by a governor, all of the so-called reforms have had a direct negative impact, with consequences that will last for a generation....I’ve been through enough stupid State’s Attorney policies before. But this Office’s complete failure to even think for a moment before rushing into one popular political agenda after another has put my family directly in harm’s way....The unavoidable consequences are what we are witnessing in real time, an increase in crime of all kinds, businesses and families pulling up the stakes, and the bodies piling up; the whole time with a State’s Attorney who insists there is nothing to see here, and if there is, it must be someone else’s fault......”

“I will not raise my son here,” he declared....“I am fortunate to have the means to escape, so my entire family is leaving the State of Illinois....I grew up here, my family and friends are here, and yet my own employer has turned it into a place from which I am no longer proud to be, and in which my son is not safe.”

https://nypost.com/2023/05/09/chicago-prosecutor-quits-rips-citys-stupid-leaders-in-scathing-letter-on-last-day/

Many years ago my family found a nice quiet corner of the suburbs. Now my son, who is only 5, hears gunfire while playing at our neighborhood park, and a drug dealer is open-air selling behind my house (the second one in two years). If it were just me to consider, I’d stick it out. I’ve been through stupid State’s Attorney policies before. But this Office’s complete failure to even think for a moment before rushing into one popular political agenda after another has put my family directly in harm’s way.

The current people in charge of this state, including the [State’s Attorney’s Office] suffer from a fundamental misunderstanding…we live in a society with adversarial court and criminal justice processes. Defense attorneys, legal aid clinics, Public Defenders, defendant advocate groups…they fight like hell to protect the rights of criminal defendants. And they should. Their work is as noble as ours. But we have an obligation to fight like hell on behalf of the People. It should go without saying that this must be done ethically and evenhandedly. When both sides vigorously defend their positions, a balance is reached between protecting rights while preserving some sort of order and safety. Once we start doing too much of the defense’s job, once we pull our punches, once we decide that it’s worth risking citizens’ lives to have a little social experiment, that balance is lost. The unavoidable consequences are what we are witnessing in real time, an increase in crime of all kinds, businesses and families pulling up stakes, and the bodies piling up; the whole time with a State’s Attorney who insists that there is nothing to see here, and if there is it must be someone else’s fault. And then they wonder why they cannot retain experienced prosecutors or even hire new ones…it’s because any true prosecutor recognizes the importance of this balance, and that they will not be permitted to be a prosecutor under this administration.

I will not raise my son here. I am fortunate enough to have the means to escape, so my entire family is leaving the State of Illinois.

On 5/11/2023 at 3:27 AM, Blue Horseshoe said:

Chicago prosecutor Jason Poje quits over crime surge, leaders’ woke ‘social experiment’

....Jason Poje, a felony trial attorney with the Cook County State Attorney’s Office, sent the letter to 85 colleagues on Friday as he headed out the door, explaining that he was departing because of several progressive reforms that have made the city more dangerous for everyone...“The simple fact is that this State and County have set themselves on a course to disaster,” wrote Poje, who was with the office for 20 years. “And the worst part is that the agency for whom I work has backed literally every policy change that has the predictable, and predicted, outcome of more crime and more people getting hurt.....Bond reform designed to make sure no one stays in jail while their cases are pending with no safety net to handle more criminals on the streets, shorter parole periods, lower sentences for repeat offenders, the malicious and unnecessary prosecution of law enforcement officers, the overuse of diversion programs, intentionally not pursuing prosecutions for crimes lawfully on the books after being passed by our legislature and signed by a governor, all of the so-called reforms have had a direct negative impact, with consequences that will last for a generation....I’ve been through enough stupid State’s Attorney policies before. But this Office’s complete failure to even think for a moment before rushing into one popular political agenda after another has put my family directly in harm’s way....The unavoidable consequences are what we are witnessing in real time, an increase in crime of all kinds, businesses and families pulling up the stakes, and the bodies piling up; the whole time with a State’s Attorney who insists there is nothing to see here, and if there is, it must be someone else’s fault......”

“I will not raise my son here,” he declared....“I am fortunate to have the means to escape, so my entire family is leaving the State of Illinois....I grew up here, my family and friends are here, and yet my own employer has turned it into a place from which I am no longer proud to be, and in which my son is not safe.”

https://nypost.com/2023/05/09/chicago-prosecutor-quits-rips-citys-stupid-leaders-in-scathing-letter-on-last-day/

Right wing conspiracy theorist. Run along you puzzy.  Chicago will be just fine without you. 

18 hours ago, League Champion said:

Why the Fock aren’t there protests and fires and rock throwing about that? Good lord.  Liberals are set on ruining black peoples lives. 

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why the Fock aren’t there protests and fires and rock throwing about that? Good lord.  Liberals are set on ruining black peoples lives. 

It's about control, keeping the minorities down, making them need more government, not less. 

The Democrats have NEVER been pro black, asian, Hispanic or anything. It's all about power. They rely on each other to exist.

I don't how blacks and minorities can't see through it all. 

28 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

LMFAO.....she is calling black students too stupid to learn....and getting away with it   😀

On 5/7/2023 at 3:02 AM, Blue Horseshoe said:

“I will not be silenced by the far-right playbook,”

This is how you know the Left has gone full retard.  Thinking that everyone should be taxed at a fair rate is NOT a "far-right" idea.  In other words, the Left's standpoint is, "if you don't agree with me/us, you're "far-right".

20 hours ago, League Champion said:

Another 2 year old story that is misinformation

“District level assessments and state required assessments will continue to be implemented and monitored to ensure our students grow,” district officials shared in the post.

A couple of days later, La Grande’s superintendent and high school principal appeared in a Facebook Live video talking about the bill with EOAlive.TV.

“Are we going to be graduating dumber seniors because of this?” asked EOAlive’s Brent Clapp.

Laughing, Superintendent George Mendoza said he hadn’t even heard of the bill until this summer.

“It was not even on our radar ... probably until about a month ago as well, or even three weeks ago,” Mendoza said in the Aug.13 video. “We hadn’t had any deep conversations about it.”

La Grande High School Principal Scott Carpenter said the district had never had a student not graduate because they failed an “Essential Skills” requirement.

“If a student didn’t pass the essential skill — or meet the essential skill cut score using the Smarter Balanced assessment [state standardized test], then we would routinely have them engage in classes that would help them do work samples,” Carpenter said

https://www.opb.org/article/2021/09/20/examining-oregon-decision-to-drop-high-school-essential-skill-requirements/

The right loves to prey on the stupidity of the base.

Brawl erupts after Dem insurgent’s supporters storm stage for endorsement

.....Shocking video shows that the chaos first started with intense booing as team members for incumbent Ward 10 Councilmember Aisha Chughtai and her team took the stage at the Ella Baker Global Studies & Humanities Magnet School in hopes of obtaining the endorsement of the Minnesota Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party.....The fracas took a sharp turn after one woman from challenger Nasri Warsame’s team aggressively rushed toward a Chughtai supporter while shouting and pointing.....Other supporters from Warsame’s camp quickly followed suit and formed a mosh beneath the school’s stage....

....“This is embarrassing! We are shutting this down! This is no longer safe!” convention chair Sam Doten said before officially adjourning the convention with a gavel slam....Despite hearing reports of several injuries and fights, Minneapolis police declined to make any arrests....“My campaign manager has been assaulted by one of the other campaign staff member, and he’s now being transported to hospital by an ambulance.......”

https://nypost.com/2023/05/14/minneapolis-democrat-convention-ends-in-brawl-after-supporters-storm-stage/

Thousands of Portland residents leaving as city grapples with fentanyl crisis

....The third-generation Portlander settled in with her family at what she and her husband believed would be their dream home, near the cherry blossoms and a tee shot from downtown....That was, she said, until a break-in at her house in the middle of the day....“There are two types of people in Portland, someone who's had something happen to them and someone who will have something happen to them,” Hetfeld said. “There is no in-between.”....Hetfeld said she falls into the former after the thief stole family heirlooms, jewelry, money from her kid’s piggy bank and even went through a medicine closet. She moved her family to the suburbs and makes a direct connection between the break-in and the city’s addiction and public safety problems....

“You get more trouble in Portland for parking in a handicapped spot than you do having a baggie full of fentanyl that could kill a busload of kids. That's wrong,” said Hetfeld.

Almost 9,000 people have left the county since 2019, at a time when fentanyl overdoses have gone in the other direction.....talked to on all sides believe Oregon Measure 110, which decriminalized personal possession of drugs and was approved by voters back in the fall of 2020, changed the direction in the city....Fentanyl overdoses have gone up 588% between 2019 and 2021

“If you're a drug addict on the streets of Portland, and you get free food, free housing, free water, free needles, and have $2 fentanyl, why would you put yourself into treatment if you don't have to go?” posed Hetfeld....

https://komonews.com/news/local/fentanyl-overdoses-homelessness-crisis-portland-oregon-pacific-northwest-drugs-treatment-suburbs-mayor-ted-wheeler-multnomah-county-measure-110-jail-time-legislature-nonprofit

8 minutes ago, Blue Horseshoe said:

Thousands of Portland residents leaving as city grapples with fentanyl crisis

....The third-generation Portlander settled in with her family at what she and her husband believed would be their dream home, near the cherry blossoms and a tee shot from downtown....That was, she said, until a break-in at her house in the middle of the day....“There are two types of people in Portland, someone who's had something happen to them and someone who will have something happen to them,” Hetfeld said. “There is no in-between.”....Hetfeld said she falls into the former after the thief stole family heirlooms, jewelry, money from her kid’s piggy bank and even went through a medicine closet. She moved her family to the suburbs and makes a direct connection between the break-in and the city’s addiction and public safety problems....

“You get more trouble in Portland for parking in a handicapped spot than you do having a baggie full of fentanyl that could kill a busload of kids. That's wrong,” said Hetfeld.

Almost 9,000 people have left the county since 2019, at a time when fentanyl overdoses have gone in the other direction.....talked to on all sides believe Oregon Measure 110, which decriminalized personal possession of drugs and was approved by voters back in the fall of 2020, changed the direction in the city....Fentanyl overdoses have gone up 588% between 2019 and 2021

“If you're a drug addict on the streets of Portland, and you get free food, free housing, free water, free needles, and have $2 fentanyl, why would you put yourself into treatment if you don't have to go?” posed Hetfeld....

https://komonews.com/news/local/fentanyl-overdoses-homelessness-crisis-portland-oregon-pacific-northwest-drugs-treatment-suburbs-mayor-ted-wheeler-multnomah-county-measure-110-jail-time-legislature-nonprofit

Yeah, let’s legalize all drugs! I’m a libertarian! 

Toronto ‘Anti-Capitalist’ Pay-When-You-Can Cafe Shuts Down After Just One Year

....A Toronto cafe for anti-capitalists, "The Anarchist," is permanently shuttering after just 12 months in business after following a "pay-when-you-can" business model....The Anarchist describes itself as an “anti-capitalist, anti-colonial cafe, shop and radical community space on stolen land.”....The Anarchist, which opened for business in March of 2022, went viral last year, with internet users mocking the leftist cafe for charging high prices for its “speciality” coffee as well as selling “radical” art, books, clothing, jewellery, tote bags, and stickers. - “F**k the rich. F**k the police. F**k the state. F**k the colonial death camp we call “Canada”.....”

How could this have possibly happened?

https://nationandstate.com/2023/05/14/toronto-anti-capitalist-pay-when-you-can-cafe-shuts-down-after-just-one-year/

I have no personal ill will towards John Fetterman, but he should be at home, with his family, working on his recovery.  If necessary, install another Democrat there instead even. But this is just totally unacceptable. 

As Tim Pool points out, that the situation with Diane Feinstein and John Fetterman is an open mockery towards the American people about their "elected officials"

The worst part about all this is Fetterman here actually has a good point buried in all this other word salad. But it's lost in translation because of his clear current cognitive issues. He's clearly not running his office and his district. Same for Feinstein. The people did not elect a "proxy" for either one of them. This is not real democracy in application. 

Fetterman has a real point to be made - Banks can't just engage in whatever madness and schemes they want knowing they will be bailed out with tax dollars , our tax dollars no less, because they have cronies in elected office within both sides of the political aisle. But he's in no position to actually articulate and pursue those arguments. 

I wish Fetterman good health, outside the scope of professional of politics, but this is insulting to the American people at large. All of them, both Republicans and Democrats alike. 

• Like 1

Are you serious?' Pierre Poilievre lambastes reporter over bail question

'Are you honestly saying that it’s society’s fault if a repeat violent offender commits 60 or 70 offences?'....This video’s been getting a lot of attention on the more conservative corners of the internet. It shows ..... Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre being asked by a reporter whether Canada’s crisis of random violent attacks by repeat offenders on bail is actually a symptom of the “system’s” failure to properly support criminals..... lambasted a reporter Tuesday for asking whether Canada’s crisis of repeat offenders committing violent attacks while out on bail was actually a failure of “things like social services.”

....“I think that criminal is to blame for his own actions; we’re not talking about some kid who made a mistake when he was 19,” he added....Poilievre had been delivering his reaction to Bill C-48, a package of Liberal justice reforms intended to curb the issue of repeat bail being given to chronic violent offenders..... everyone from police departments to mayors to a unanimous declaration by all 13 provincial premiers have been sounding the alarm for months on what’s often called Canada’s “catch and release” bail system.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/bail-reform-pierre-poilievre

28 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

This should do the trick 

"I was planning on stealing some new Air Jordan's, but then I saw this kiosk and my life has been turned around!!!  Thank you, Mayor Adams!!!" 

24 minutes ago, DonS said:

"I was planning on stealing some new Air Jordan's, but then I saw this kiosk and my life has been turned around!!!  Thank you, Mayor Adams!!!" 

It’s mind boggling stupid but I’ve come to expect dumb ideas daily from the left. Every place they control is a hell hole.

Stores need controlled access doors.  Get buzzed in.  Do your shopping, same as always.  To exit have a scanner which opens the exit doors.  Present your reciept to scan and then exit.  No receipt, no exit.  Obviously this would require some equipment and some personnel to always be available to release all doors in case of fire, but it could work.  Groups of folks coming shopping masked up and holding multiple garbage bags would not be admitted, or not admitted in groups.  Trying to leave without paying would not be possible.  I bet it would be less expensive than locking up all the items.

Big retailers might well afford this.  Moms and Pops, not so much.

14 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Stores needcontgrolled access doors.  Get buzzed in.  Do your shopping, same as always.  To exit have a scanner which opens the exit doors.  Present your reciept to scan and then exit.  No reciept, no exit.  obviously this would require some equipment and some personnel to always be available to release all doors in case of fire, but it could work.  Groups of folks comming shopping masked up and holding multiple garbage bags would not be admitted, or not admitted in groups.  Trying to leave without paying would not be possible.  I bet it would be less expensive than locking up all the items.

Big retailers might well afford this.  Moms and Pops, not so much.

As soon as they try this the screams of RACISM will echo across the hills. "Dey ain't opening tha doors to let me in cuz I'm black!!!!" 

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

You do know that gays against groomers is a right wing hate group, right?

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

You do know that gays against groomers is a right wing hate group, right?

So is the Knights of Columbus.  What’s your point?