Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

NFL Draft 2023 - Round 3 Discussion

Bears have reached on every pick. Starting to feel bad for them.

Are the Lions planning to field two separate teams next year or something?

It seems like they're drafting duplicates at every position of strength.

8 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

Kicker alert!

Yup,  49ers take a PK in the 3rd. Sometimes rookie kickers workout so we'll see but I'm ok with the pick.

So watching GMF and they commented on the 49ers taking a kicker. They seem to feel this kid from Michigan is pretty good. Some will say it's too high to take a kicker but if he stays for 10 years I'd say that's a pretty good deal. Kickers are a little more relevant today and if you get a good one hang on to them. I like the pick and he'll help win games.

44 minutes ago, DocNiner said:

So watching GMF and they commented on the 49ers taking a kicker. They seem to feel this kid from Michigan is pretty good. Some will say it's too high to take a kicker but if he stays for 10 years I'd say that's a pretty good deal. Kickers are a little more relevant today and if you get a good one hang on to them. I like the pick and he'll help win games.

I'm not against taking a kicker early. Think of how many games come down to 3 points or a missed FG/extra point. I'm actually shocked that good kickers aren't drafted earlier at times. 

6 hours ago, League Champion said:

I'm not against taking a kicker early. Think of how many games come down to 3 points or a missed FG/extra point. I'm actually shocked that good kickers aren't drafted earlier at times. 

It's for the same reason they're not drafted sooner in fantasy football--because there's just not THAT much difference between the really REALLY good and the really good.