Blue Horseshoe

The Official "Political Tweets That Have Aged Horribly" Thread

'The Little Mermaid' didn't have enough 'kink,' criticized New York Times review says

....Disney's live-action remake of the beloved classic "The Little Mermaid" has received mixed reviews, but one review from the New York Times is turning heads....New York Times writer and film critic Wesley Morris, who has written about "Hollywood's addiction to racial reconciliation fantasies," says "The Little Mermaid" starring biracial American singer-songwriter Halle Bailey "reeks of obligation and noble intentions" and is "missing" elements such as "joy, fun, mystery, risk, flavor" and "kink."

The PG-rated movie features a diverse cast and has been marketed as an experience parents can enjoy with their children. Morris writes that he believes the movie was overly fixated on safely featuring its diversity and therefore falls flat..... Morris was referring to the "unconventional sexual taste or behavior" meaning of the word....Some questioned why anyone would desire more "kink" in a movie made for children....

https://nbcmontana.com/news/nation-world/the-little-mermaid-didnt-have-enough-kink-in-it-says-heavily-criticized-nyt-review-new-york-times-wesley-morris-hale-bailey

Psaki: Republicans Are ‘Comfortable’ with Biden Because He Is an Old White Man

Former White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Thursday on MSNBC’s “The ReidOut” that the Republican base is “comfortable” with President Joe Biden because he is an older white man.

Anchor Joy Reid said, “I do feel like Biden has this misunderestimated thing where people assume, ‘Oh, he’s too old. He doesn’t know what he’s doing.’ And then he keeps delivering. Today, he tripped over, I guess there was a sandbag, and Twitter and the right are going crazy. It’s the most important thing in the world. First of all, Donald Trump is 76, he’s not exactly young. And you know, it’s the advance team or whoever’s fault that they put a sandbag in front of him. I trip in my own house. What do you think it is about Joe Biden that he is so enraging to the right? Is it because he is so normal? What do you think it is about him that drives them nuts?”

Psaki said, “Well, if you look back, Joy, to 2020, they were trying to figure out how to take him out. They can’t make him extreme. They can’t really make him offensive. I mean, one, he’s a white man who’s older, so you know he is comfortable to many in their base. But I think also they have underestimated him many times. That’s not necessarily a disadvantage to Joe Biden. I mean, it worked for him for a year and a half. He’s always been underestimated. He’s got a little bit of a chip on his shoulder because of that. That can serve you well. But I think they’re just trying to throw a lot of spaghetti up at the wall to try to take him down and so far they haven’t quite figured it out. That’s why when you talk to Republican strategists back in 2020, they would say, ‘We don’t really want it to be Joe Biden ’cause people aren’t freaked out by him.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/06/01/psaki-republicans-are-comfortable-with-biden-because-he-is-an-old-white-man/

Biden jokes he doesn’t believe Christians were targeted in Nashville shooting if Sen. Hawley does 

....President Biden laughed off a question from a reporter on Tuesday about whether the transgender shooter at a Christian elementary school in Nashville was targeting people of faith. 

“I have no idea,” Biden, 80, told the media assembled outside the White House on Tuesday when asked if Monday’s deadly shooting rampage that claimed the lives of three children and three adults at the Covenant School in Tennessee was an attack targeting Christians. When told that Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) believed that the attack did target Christian believers, Biden’s response raised eyebrows.

“Well, I probably don’t, then,” Biden said, chuckling after the remark, and then adding, “No, I’m joking. No, I have no idea.”

....President Biden was ripped by Sen. Josh Hawley for laughing when asked about whether the shooting at the Covenant School in Nashville was an attack on Christian believers....During an appearance on “The Ingraham Angle” on Fox News Tuesday, Hawley told host Laura Ingraham that Biden’s comments were “beneath the dignity” of the presidency. ....“That is totally beneath the dignity of the office of the presidency of the United States. This is a guy, this is an office, that has the responsibility of leading this country — children are dead,” Hawley argued....

“Biden should be acknowledging the targeting of people of faith. He should be saluting the law enforcement officers who put their lives on the line and saved hundreds of kids. But he should be saying we’re going to get to the bottom of this, we’re going to call it for what it is — a hate crime — and we’re going to do a full investigation and make sure it doesn’t happen again,” the senator added....

Attorney General Merrick Garland also resisted calling the Covenant School shooting a hate crime, telling lawmakers Tuesday that a motive must first be established before  determining whether the killings were a hate crime....

https://nypost.com/2023/03/29/biden-jokes-he-doesnt-believe-christians-were-targeted-in-nashville-shooting-if-sen-hawley-does/

Fact Check: Did Joe Biden Joke About Ice Cream Before Nashville Remarks?

.....Now, Biden has been accused of making another poorly timed remark, this time ahead of an address following the mass shooting at Covenant School in Nashville, Tennessee, which left six people including three children dead.....A tweet .....posted on March 27, 2023, viewed 4.1 million times, claimed the president caused "outrage" making a joke about ice cream "while children and adults were massacred in Nashville shooting." It included footage of Biden making the joke....

The transcript reads: "Thank you. My name is Joe Biden. (Laughter.) I'm Dr. Jill Biden's husband. (Laughter.) And I eat Jeni's Ice Cream, chocolate chip. (Laughter.) I came down because I heard there was chocolate chip ice cream. (Laughter.)"

....the president went on to talk about the school shooting in Nashville.....".....I just want to speak very briefly about the school shooting in Nashville, Tennessee," the president said....So, Biden did make jokes about ice cream before eventually moving on to talk about Nashville....

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-did-joe-biden-joke-about-ice-cream-before-nashville-remarks-1790836

"The DHS’s Targeted Violence and Terrorism Prevention Grant Program (TVTP) awarded 80 grants to “various public, private, and non-profit institutions — such as universities and county governments” costing taxpayers $39,611,999 in total....According to the MRC, information in the report was procured through several Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests and “directly from DHS grant recipients and other related organizations revealing the true and nefarious nature” of the federal government’s actions.

One such recipient was the University of Dayton, which the MRC stated was “among the most radical grantees” awarded “$352,109 to create the PREVENTS-OH program, which promised to draw on the expertise of the University of Dayton faculty to fight domestic violent extremism and hate movements.”...The university’s grant application, approved by the DHS, contained a graphic comparing mainstream conservative organizations such as Turning Point USA, PragerU, Breitbart, the National Rifle Association, and more to extremist groups like The Base, described by Fox News as a “neo-Nazi paramilitary group,” and the Daily Stormer, “a pro-Nazi publication.”

....Michael Loadenthal, a guest lecturer at one such seminar, Research Fellow at the University of Cincinnati, and self-described Antifa member, “explain[ed] in detail how to create dummy accounts on free speech social media platforms like Telegram, Gab and Rumble”.... with the desire to undermine conservative platforms and act as instigators....Loadenthal led this seminar with DHS agent Joseph Masztalics, who seemingly agreed with and approved of the tactics being strategized in the seminar. Loadenthal encouraged the audience to participate in de-platforming, the act of denying conservative organizations and individuals “any sort of public sphere access” and “denying them the ability to speak.

....The tactics employed.....as Loadenthal admits, they are not always above board. “A lot of the things we are doing are illegal,” he explained to the audience. “What I’m saying, what I’m telling you, a lot of it is, involves breaking the law. And this is what the FBI will say. I’ve had many conversations with the FBI about this.”"

Retail theft is so out-of-control that Walgreens is rolling out stores where you're not allowed to touch any products

....The retail theft problem isn't getting any better. And industry leaders are taking depressing but understandable steps to remedy that: In what was once a typical Walgreens [in downtown Chicago], there are now just two short aisles of so-called "essentials" where "customers may shop for themselves." If you want anything else — a bottle of booze, a deodorant brand deemed "non-essential" — you'll need to order it at a kiosk and pick it up at the counter....

....There's no guarantees that thieves aren't going to steal those iPads! Assuming it's still there and you can place your order, though, then you just sit back and wait while an unseen human gathers up your multivitamins and toothpaste, aka the only things you ever buy at Walgreens. Then you pick them up at this grim, joyless little counter...

https://notthebee.com/article/retail-theft-is-so-out-of-control-that-walgreens-is-rolling-out-stores-where-youre-not-allowed-to-touch-any-products

Garland hit for admitting DOJ prosecutes more pro-lifers than 'terrorists' because pro-lifers act in daylight

'...Twitter users blasted Merrick Garland after he said that the U.S. DOJ has prosecuted more pro-life activists blocking abortion clinic centers than pro-choicers firebombing pregnancy centers because pro-lifers operate in the "daylight."....after he explained that the U.S. Department of Justice has prosecuted more pro-life activists blocking abortion clinic centers than pro-choicers firebombing pregnancy centers because pro-lifers operate in the "daylight."

....Garland’s claims came after several U.S. senators, including Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, and Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, grilled him on what they perceived as a double standard in the DOJ's treatment of pro-lifers versus violent pro-choice activists....He maintained that the government still applies the law "equally."

In a clip of the exchange, Lee stated, "In 2022 and in the first couple months of 2023, DOJ has announced charges against 34 individuals for blocking access to or vandalizing abortion clinics and there have been over 81 reported attacks on pregnancy centers, 130 on Catholic churches since the leak of the Dobbs decision and only two individuals have been charged."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/garland-hit-admitting-doj-prosecutes-more-pro-lifers-terrorists-because-pro-lifers-act-daylight

She lost her child in a home birth. Prosecutors charged her with murder

....Kelsey Carpenter was alone in her San Diego apartment when she went into labor on 14 November 2020.....The mother of two had planned a home birth for her third child. But the baby came two weeks earlier than expected, so she delivered on her own, then passed out, records show. When she awoke, her newborn – whom she named Kiera – was not breathing. Despite her attempts at CPR, the baby did not survive....

Police soon after arrested Carpenter, 33. The San Diego district attorney is moving forward with charges of murder “with malice” and child endangerment and has cited her decision to have an “unattended delivery” as well as her alleged drug use....Carpenter has struggled with substance use disorder for much of her adult life...Her first son was born in 2012 and her second in 2019. In both cases, the hospitals reported that the infants tested positive for drugs and called California Child Welfare Services (CWS), which immediately took custody...

....After delivering her baby, she cut the umbilical cord and secured it with cloth and tape, and also tried unsuccessfully to breastfeed her newborn before losing consciousness amid significant blood loss, her lawyers said. After discovering her baby was lifeless, she attempted CPR and called 911....She was hospitalized – and then arrested for child endangerment....She was initially released, but in March 2021, Summer Stephan, the San Diego district attorney, charged Carpenter with murder, prompting local news stories headlined “Drug addict loses third child”. She faced significant online abuse, death threats and harassment, including someone spraying “baby killer” on her car....

...Tanya Sierra, a DA spokesperson, said in an email that the DA “fully recognizes the reproductive rights enshrined by AB 2223”, but alleged that the new law was not relevant: “Carpenter is not being prosecuted for her decision to have a home birth or substance use. This is not a case involving abortion, stillbirth, or any other pregnancy outcome. This is a case about a newborn baby who died as a direct result of a parent’s acts and omissions after the baby’s live birth.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/apr/03/pregnancy-birth-murder-charge-kelsey-carpenter-san-diego

High school debater says she was 'warned' not to bring up Trump in tournament: 'Deemed it inappropriate'

.....A high school student is calling out the National Speech & Debate Association (NSDA) for alleged censorship after she says a judge at a recent tournament "warned" her not to bring up former President Trump because it would be "inappropriate." The allegations ..."In March, at an NSDA tournament before the round even started, we were debating President Biden's former foreign affairs track record, and my judge warned me not to bring up President Trump as she deemed it inappropriate," high school sophomore Briana Whatley told "America's Newsroom" Tuesday. "If a student like me who was going into debate to have free and open conversations is being censored in this way, that is no longer debate. The NSDA must be recognized as an organization that is not allowing students like myself to express openly." 

..."It's no longer a competition of ideas, but an echo chamber that silences and punishes students," Fishback added.  He shared public profiles of debate judges for the NSDA, some of whom openly tell students that they will not accept certain arguments that they deem inappropriate.

...In 2019, national debate champion Lila Lavender’s profile described herself as "a Marxist-Leninist-Maoist" who "cannot check the revolutionary proletarian science at the door when" when judging students. ...Lavender listed arguments that she will never accept from students: "fascism good, capitalism good, imperialist war good, neoliberalism good, defenses of US or otherwise bourgeois nationalism, Zionism or normalizing Israel, colonialism good, US white fascist policing good, etc." 

Another debate judge, Shubham Gupta, is even more direct with students. "If you are discussing immigrants in a round and describe the person as ‘illegal,’ I will immediately stop the round, give you the loss with low speaks", which means low speaker points, "give you a stern lecture, and then talk to your coach." 

Whatley fired back, arguing "students should not conform in any way, shape or form during a debate. Debate is shaped based off of evidence, not based off of the judge's ideology."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/high-school-debater-warned-bring-trump-tournament-deemed-inappropriate

‘What Is a Woman?’ Delivers Shocking, Subversive Truths About the Culture

....The film follows Daily Wire podcaster and author Matt Walsh as he asks one of society’s most simple questions, one suddenly fraught with cultural complications. No snark. No lectures or finger wagging. Just calm, reasonable questioning. The answers, when they finally arrive, can be startling. Director Justin Folk (“No Safe Spaces”) keeps the tone jaunty, even darkly comic. Walsh lacks the charisma of a born entertainer, so Folk frames him in a different light. He’s the Everyman, someone willing to ask the questions most won’t utter.

A segment on trans sports lets two female athletes criticize Lia Thomas, the University of Pennsylvania swimmer who transitioned to female and now dominates the field. One fellow athlete appears on screen to share her frustrations at losing out to a biological male identifying as female. “I missed out on so much throughout my high school career,” she laments.

Another is seen in the shadows, her voice modified to shield her identity. “If you speak up about it … your life will be over in some way,” she says. Defy the trans groupthink and face profound consequences.

https://www.hollywoodintoto.com/what-is-a-woman-review-matt-walsh/

Comey defends Russia investigation as 'essential' in testimony to Senate panel

....Former FBI Director James Comey in a Senate hearing Wednesday sought to defend the bureau's efforts to investigate President Donald Trump and his 2016 campaign's ties to Russia, amid attacks from Republican senators looking to tie him directly to some of the investigation's missteps...."In the main.... it was essential that it be done," Comey said....Comey approved the launch of the FBI's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election and ties between Russia and members of Trump's campaign, dubbed 'Crossfire Hurricane.' Trump fired Comey in May 2017 citing the FBI's Russia probe, prompting the appointment of Robert Mueller as special counsel...

...Comey largely distanced himself from the surveillance process during the hearing, saying he first learned of the Steele dossier "sometime towards the end of September 2016."

"How could the FBI Director not know about all of this?" Graham pressed Comey during an exchange.

Asked by Graham about the intelligence report, Comey said he did not remember ever seeing such an investigative referral during his time as FBI director.

"That doesn't ring a bell with me," Comey said....He also stated that Obama and Biden "never" asked him to investigate a political rival..."It would compromise the independence of the Justice Department and the FBI's work," Comey said. "It would introduce politics into what should be a fact-driven process."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/comey-defends-russia-investigation-essential-testimony-senate-panel/story

Ex-FBI director Comey says prosecutors face 'intense pressure' to deliver Trump charging decision before 2024

....Former FBI Director James Comey said in an interview that aired Sunday that he predicts prosecutors are facing "intense pressure" to come up with a charging decision with regard to former President Donald Trump before he can possibly become the GOP nominee for president in 2024. ...Comey, who was abruptly fired by Trump in 2017 while leading the FBI investigation into whether Trump and his allies colluded with Russian in the 2016 election, recently sat down with President Joe Biden's former White House press secretary, Jen Psaki, for an interview that aired Sunday on Psaki's MSNBC show.

...Comey told Psaki. "... don’t know where this case will end up, but it makes it immeasurably stronger to have the subject of the investigation saying in a way that can’t be impeached – no pun intended with Trump – can’t be criticized and undermined because it’s coming from his own mouth. That’s why I once said, ‘Lordy, I hope there are tapes.’ And Lordy, it’s a good thing there are tapes....I mean it’s this crazy world that Donald Trump has dragged this country into, but he could be wearing an ankle bracelet while accepting the nomination at the Republican Convention," he continued. "And it seems even crazy to be coming out of my mouth, but that’s the situation we face. It looks like the Republicans will likely nominate someone who is under serious criminal investigation, he’s indicted, and who knows where that’s going to lead us."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ex-fbi-director-comey-says-prosecutors-face-intense-pressure-deliver-trump-charging-decision-before-2024

George Floyd Criminal Past Record/Arrest History/Career Timeline: Baggie, Gun Pregnant and All Details

...The Union Chief of Minneapolis Police (MPD) released a statement on 1st June 2020, shedding light on late George Floyd’s ‘violent criminal history’. The Union Chief, Bob Kroll wrote in a letter to his acquaintances and followers on Twitter, “What is not being told is the violent criminal history of George Floyd. The media will not air this”. 

....Floyd shifted to Minneapolis, Minnesota from Houston, Texas in 2014 after having served 5 years in Harris County Jail for a 1st-degree felony. ...In 2009, George Floyd was arrested for a 1st-degree felony charge, as per police criminal records/history/past, of assault and armed robbery he took part in 2007 and spent five years in prison for breaking into a (woman's) house with the intent to rob her. George agreed that he wore a blue uniform to look like a government employee to gain the (woman's) trust, and eventually pave his way into the house....The (woman) soon realized that the person was impersonating to be a government worker, she tried to shut the door but Floyd brute-forced his way into the house. Consequently, a Ford truck pulled up to the house’s main entrance, five people exited the truck and went straight inside the (woman's) house.

According to Daily Mail (UK), the court report mentions that the victim identified George as the criminal, tallest of all the robbers, who pressed a pistol to her stomach and forced his way into the house. George Floyd’s height was 6 foot 6 inches.... ‘This large suspect then proceeded to search the residence while another armed suspect guarded the complainant, who was struck in the head and sides by this second armed suspect with his pistol while she screamed for help.’...Not finding any cash, Floyd and other men took jewelry and the lady’s cellphone and fled the scene using the truck. A neighbor had witnessed the robbery attempt, wrote down the license plate number, and reported the incident to 911 instantly....The police followed the lead and successfully tracked down the car. Floyd was found behind the wheels. Later, his identity was cross-verified with the women who reported that a tall suspect had placed a gun to her abdomen and invaded her home forcefully....

George Floyd’s criminal record includes 5 convictions related to theft, possession, and trade of coke. Floyd was arrested five times in 20 years, his last cocaine arrest dates back in 2005...George was also linked to two convictions in the 1990s for possession and theft of a controlled substance (cocaine). ...George was accused of a firearm robbery in August 1998 for which he served 10 months at Harris County Jail. In April 2002, Floyd was condemned to 30 days of prison for trespassing private property....George Floyd was involved in two more cocaine offenses, in October 2002 and in 2004, for which he did eight-months and ten-months sentence in prison respectively....Another cocaine possession conviction in Dec 2005, Floyd was arrested for having cocaine on him and served 10 months in state jail...

https://www.thecourierdaily.com/george-floyd-criminal-past-record-arrest

"What I'm saying is not any defense for Derek Chauvin; I hope Derek Chauvin gets the justice that he deserves and George Floyd's family also for the way that he died. But George Floyd is not my martyr. He may be yours...But I also am not going to accept the narrative that this is the best the black community has to offer. For whatever reason, it has become fashionable and despicable for us, the last few years, to turn criminals into heroes overnight.... And I'm not going to play a part in it, no matter how much pressure comes from black liberals....."

- Candice Owens

Capitol Police stop youth choir during national anthem performance, sparking outrage: 'I was shocked'

...Video footage showing a South Carolina-based children’s choir being stopped by a Capitol Police officer from singing the national anthem in the U.S. Capitol has gone viral with millions of views....Capitol Police initially issued a statement that said they were under the impression the group didn’t have permission to perform in the building but clarified later that they "were not aware that the Speaker’s Office had approved this performance."

Choir director David Rasbach and another choir leader said the visit was approved by the office of House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., which the speaker's office confirmed...."I was shocked, I was dismayed, I was stunned," Rasbach, who said he secured permission from three congressional offices to perform at the U.S. Capitol, told the Daily Signal. "I couldn’t believe that was happening, that they would stop the national anthem, of all songs."

...Video of the event showed the children singing as a Capitol Police officer spoke with two other men. One of the men, who appears to be a congressional staffer, then approached Rasbach. A few seconds later, Rasbach motioned to the choir and cut them off to stop singing.....

....McCarthy and three Republican members of Congress involved in inviting the group to the Capitol issued a joint statement, saying they were "very disappointed" that the performance was cut short....."We recently learned that schoolchildren from South Carolina were interrupted while singing our National Anthem at the Capitol. These children were welcomed by the Speaker’s Office to joyfully express their love of this nation while visiting the Capitol, and we are all very disappointed to learn their celebration was cut short....."

Capitol Police did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital's request for comment.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/capitol-police-youth-choir-during-national-anthem-performance-sparking-outrage-shocked

JFC...Can we implement a twitter style ban on characters for certain posters?  This sh!t is just unreadable.

In-N-Out closes in San Francisco over refusal to enforce vaccine mandate

In-N-Out burger has become the first restaurant in San Francisco to be temporarily closed for failing to enforce the city’s vaccine mandate. City officials made the move on 14 October after the burger chain said it won’t force staff to check that customers were fully vaccinated before allowing them to dine inside the restaurant...Restaurants in San Francisco, as well as a number of US cities including New York and New Orleans, are legally required to make customers show proof of vaccination before dining indoors. Health officials in the city, who have been carrying out checks on restaurants, say they made numerous requests to In-N-Out to enforce these checks but have not seen improvement after weeks of spot checks...

...This failure to comply led to the city’s department of public health (SFDPH) closing San Francisco’s only In-N-Out location, in Fisherman’s Wharf, a waterfront tourist market. The restaurant has since reopened for takeout but is still not able to offer indoor dining. SFDPH’s official Twitter account joked that restaurants might want to consider the name In-N-Outside....

In-N-Out has been bullish in its response to the ruling, admitting the restaurant was not turning away customers who didn’t show proof of vaccination. We refuse to become the vaccination police for any government,” Arnie Wensinger, the company’s chief legal and business officer, said in a statement. “It is unreasonable, invasive and unsafe to force our restaurant associates to segregate customers into those who may be served and those who may not...We fiercely disagree with any government dictate that forces a private company to discriminate against customers who choose to patronize their business. This is clear governmental overreach and is intrusive, improper, and offensive...” 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/oct/20/in-n-out-san-francisco-vaccine-mandate-closes

5 hours ago, supermike80 said:

JFC...Can we implement a twitter style ban on characters for certain posters?  This sh!t is just unreadable.

What specifically would you like to see different? 

"The description of the episode, as seen on cached versions of the Vice page on Showtime’s site, hinted at potentially explosive material about DeSantis, who recently entered the Republican presidential race. The episode’s description reads in part, “Seb Walker investigates allegations from former Guantanamo Bay detainees that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis witnessed acts condemned by the United Nations as torture during his past service at the controversial detention camp as a Navy JAG officer.”

Mentions of the originally scheduled episode, titled “The Gitmo Candidate & Chipping Away,” have been scrubbed from Showtime’s website and press portal."

5 hours ago, supermike80 said:

What sh*t?  I only see your post and You've chosen to ignore content by Blue Horseshoe. Options , 21 times on this page...  (Add mine now)

Musk: Twitter To Publish All Government Censorship Requests

...Showing that transparency is a two-way street, Elon Musk announced that Twitter will publish government censorship requests, including calls for deleting tweets or banning accounts based on claims of alleged disinformation, the German daily Exxpress reported on Sunday, June 4th....“We’re going to publish all government censorship requests and whether or not we complied with them,” the Twitter CEO wrote. ..He also added that all the other major social media companies, including Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram—which do cooperate with the EU’s regulatory framework under the Code of Practice— constantly engage in censorship on behalf of governments.“To the best of my knowledge, [Twitter] does the least amount of censorship,” he added....

...The move is also meant to address a recent controversy around Twitter, which broke out earlier last month following revelations that under Musk’s leadership, Twitter’s compliance rate with governments’ removal requests has gone up to 98%, painting a different picture of the self-described “free-speech absolutist.”...In an interview with CNN, Musk defended the policy by saying that Twitter had no choice but to comply with most requests because of local laws. “By ‘free speech,’ I simply mean that which matches the law,” he said. “I am against censorship that goes far beyond the law.

https://europeanconservative.com/articles/news/musk-twitter-to-publish-all-government-censorship-requests/

6 minutes ago, posty said:

What sh*t?  I only see your post and You've chosen to ignore content by Blue Horseshoe. Options , 21 times on this page...  (Add mine now)

Non-binary ex-Biden official Sam Brinton arrested for yet another baggage theft

...Sam Brinton, the embattled former senior Department of Energy (DOE) official, was arrested as a "fugitive from justice" by Maryland police late Wednesday....According to county records ... Brinton was taken into custody in Rockville. A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA) Police, which is the lead law enforcement agency for both Washington, D.C., area airports, said the arrest was related to the theft of airport luggage, the third such criminal case involving Brinton....

"Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Police executed a search warrant May 17 in Montgomery County, Maryland, in connection with allegations of stolen property in luggage from Reagan National Airport that was brought to the department’s attention in February 2023,"....."With the assistance of Montgomery County Police, Samuel Otis Brinton, age 35, of Rockville, Maryland, was taken into custody Wednesday pending charges of Grand Larceny," ....

The arrest comes a month after Brinton — who made headlines last year after being appointed to the position that oversees nuclear waste policy at the DOE's Office of Nuclear Energy as a non-binary gender-fluid person — escaped jail time in two separate cases in Minnesota and Nevada involving luggage thefts.

Police charged Brinton in October with stealing a traveler's baggage worth a total of $2,325 from the luggage carousel at the Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport after flying in from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport in Washington, D.C., on Sept. 16....And in early December, Las Vegas prosecutors charged Brinton with grand larceny of an item valued between $1,200 and $5,000. Police accused Brinton of stealing a suitcase with a total estimated worth of $3,670 on July 6 at Harry Reid International Airport in Las Vegas. The bag contained jewelry valued at $1,700, clothing worth $850 and makeup valued at $500....

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/non-binary-ex-biden-official-sam-brinton-arrested-again-fugitive-justice

14 hours ago, Blue Horseshoe said:

What specifically would you like to see different? 

95% less words man.  Your posts are absolutely unreadable most of the time.

13 hours ago, supermike80 said:

95% less words man.  Your posts are absolutely unreadable most of the time.

If you are asking if some moderate formatting adjustments could be possible, then that's something that might be feasible. For example, if there are two articles, instead of combining them into one reply, then splitting them into two replies ( i.e. instead of two videos and two articles in one reply, then it's one video and one article split into two different posts)  Some other possible shifts could be font size for some things that I highlight. 

If you are asking me to reduce overall "volume", then the best answer I can give is most of what I post is already "truncated". It might not seem that way, but many of these topics are complex and I post what I feel is enough to give functional context. Then I "highlight" the key points where that might benefit someone who is more attuned to scrolling quickly for the bullet points. 

I also recognize that the way and manner in which I post is probably more suited for someone viewing on their laptop or a desktop with a larger monitor set up. Those reading on an IPhone, I don't know the dynamics of how some possible app or limited screen size or if they are also getting ads from this site, etc, etc come into play. 

I welcome feedback in good faith about making some things more accessible. There are some moderate adjustments that are possible. If you are asking for a reduction in overall volume, then I don't honestly see that happening. I have a format that I find works. Not all my thread topics here that I start generate interest, but clearly many of them do. Some people will work with the format, some won't. If that's not a fit for your device, your situation, your circumstance, your preferred way to view things, then it would be unfortunate if you were interested in many of these topics but you find it's not a good fit for your style of engagement. I don't take it personally if you simply choose to move on to other topics and threads that fit you better. 

Something I would suggest is for you to start two to three thread topics, and format them and structure them in a way that you feel is the best way to engage others, in your personal viewpoint, so I can have a clearer picture of what you are talking about. You say you want "change" but you're not being specific except that you want less. Show me some examples in thread topics that you start yourself and I can better indicate to you if there are some moderate changes I can make. Or not. 

That's more than fair. Most people here, based on my short time here, would have just outright attacked you for your responses. I didn't do that. I'm discussing your concerns and offered a pathway to better understand where you are coming from and that highlights how you prefer things. Again, that's more than fair. 

Whatever you choose, I wish you well. I have no hard feelings here about this. 

White House dismisses Trump claim that flag burners should be imprisoned

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/29/donald-trump-flag-burning-free-speech-constitution-first-amendment

Pride flag burned at North Hollywood elementary school amid protest

....A transgender teacher's Pride flag was burned by intruders at Saticoy Elementary in North Hollywood. The community has announced protests in response to the school's upcoming Pride assembly....This comes just weeks after outrage sparked following the announcement of a Pride event at the school in which during an assembly, teachers read students a book by Mary Hoffman titled "The Great Big Book of Families."...

Several parents were upset and threatened to protest. Parents who opposed the program launched an Instagram account, Saticoy Elementary Parents. A message posted on the Instagram page tells parents "who share conservative values" and "don’t feel this material is appropriate to teach to the children" to protest outside the school at the start of the school day on June 2....Details about the flag being burned were not released by officials, however, the LA Times reported that someone broke into the school on the weekend of May 20- 21....

https://www.foxla.com/news/pride-flag-burned-saticoy-elementary-school-north-hollywood

"Stern noted the irony in Harvey Weinstein facing repercussions for his alleged behavior, while Trump, our sitting president, has bragged about grabbing women’s genitals without consent. It’s at that point that Stern asked Takei if he never hassled anybody for sex, or grabbed their genitals.

“Uhh…” Takei replied, after a long pause.

...Stern continued. “[But] you never sexually harassed anyone. Have you?”

Takei again hesitated, before saying, “Well, it’s some people that are kind of, um, skittish, or maybe afraid, and you’re trying to persuade.”

“Do we need to call the police?” Stern asked.

“What is he saying, Howard?” asked Quivers. “But you didn’t do this grabbing at work?”

“Oh no, no, it wasn’t at work,” Takei assured. “It was … in my home, they came to my home.”

Stern pressed Takei on whether he was describing a situation in which a man was hesitating to have sex with him and then he gently touched him.

“More than a gentle,” Takei said, laughing."

Brunton said. Takei prepared a drink in the kitchen and brought it out to Brunton, who was in the living room. Brunton recalled that Takei served it in a Star Trek glass, which he found “a bit cheesy.”...“I’m pouring my heart out on my sleeve to him” talking about the breakup, Brunton said. “He is very sympathetic. And then he asked if I would like another drink and I said, ‘Sure.’”

But by the second cocktail, Brunton said he felt like he was going to pass out....“I was shaky,” he told BuzzFeed News in an interview. “I said, ‘I have to lie down.’ He said, ‘Come over here and sit.’” Brunton recalls sitting down on a yellow beanbag chair. He doesn’t know how much time passed, but the next thing he remembers is waking up, his pants down around his ankles, and Takei on top of him pushing his hand down his underwear, Brunton said.

“He’s on top of me, trying with his hand down my underwear [to] pull my underwear down,” said Brunton....Brunton said he then pushed Takei off and asked what he was doing. He said Takei told him he was trying to make him comfortable.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/claudiarosenbaum/a-man-says-george-takei-groped-him-while-he-was-passed-out

11 hours ago, Blue Horseshoe said:

If you are asking if some moderate formatting adjustments could be possible, then that's something that might be feasible. For example, if there are two articles, instead of combining them into one reply, then splitting them into two replies ( i.e. instead of two videos and two articles in one reply, then it's one video and one article split into two different posts)  Some other possible shifts could be font size for some things that I highlight. 

If you are asking me to reduce overall "volume", then the best answer I can give is most of what I post is already "truncated". It might not seem that way, but many of these topics are complex and I post what I feel is enough to give functional context. Then I "highlight" the key points where that might benefit someone who is more attuned to scrolling quickly for the bullet points. 

I also recognize that the way and manner in which I post is probably more suited for someone viewing on their laptop or a desktop with a larger monitor set up. Those reading on an IPhone, I don't know the dynamics of how some possible app or limited screen size or if they are also getting ads from this site, etc, etc come into play. 

I welcome feedback in good faith about making some things more accessible. There are some moderate adjustments that are possible. If you are asking for a reduction in overall volume, then I don't honestly see that happening. I have a format that I find works. Not all my thread topics here that I start generate interest, but clearly many of them do. Some people will work with the format, some won't. If that's not a fit for your device, your situation, your circumstance, your preferred way to view things, then it would be unfortunate if you were interested in many of these topics but you find it's not a good fit for your style of engagement. I don't take it personally if you simply choose to move on to other topics and threads that fit you better. 

Something I would suggest is for you to start two to three thread topics, and format them and structure them in a way that you feel is the best way to engage others, in your personal viewpoint, so I can have a clearer picture of what you are talking about. You say you want "change" but you're not being specific except that you want less. Show me some examples in thread topics that you start yourself and I can better indicate to you if there are some moderate changes I can make. Or not. 

That's more than fair. Most people here, based on my short time here, would have just outright attacked you for your responses. I didn't do that. I'm discussing your concerns and offered a pathway to better understand where you are coming from and that highlights how you prefer things. Again, that's more than fair. 

Whatever you choose, I wish you well. I have no hard feelings here about this. 

No hard feelings...Your posts are just way too long and I skip them because of that.  That's all.   Wish you could shorten them rather than making them thousands of words......Wasn't a personal attack.

Oh by the way...the "outright attacks" you mention.  Those aren't harmful to me at all.  This is a lowly trafficked fantasy football message bored.  I couldn't care less if people attack me personally.   

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, supermike80 said:

No hard feelings...Your posts are just way too long and I skip them because of that.  That's all.   Wish you could shorten them rather than making them thousands of words......Wasn't a personal attack.

In the spirit of good faith, I'll make you a deal here. 

Come up with any single specific topic matter of your choice ( It can't have a pathway towards any kind of doxxing nor violate the TOS of the forum host here, but that's pretty standard). Can be anything. I'll start a thread topic and guarantee to support it with at least 20 replies. (But it could be more)  No post nor reply of mine will exceed 500 characters if it's sourcing an article. No post nor reply of mine will have more than one embedded video or one embedded tweet. I hold myself to these standards just for that specific thread topic. 

In exchange, for every four replies I make, you substantively contribute to that thread yourself with a reply. Likely you'll pick a topic you have interest in so this can be a productive exchange. 

I consider that a more than fair offer and an act of open good faith. 

It's your choice. Otherwise you are always more than welcome into any thread topic that I start here. The ones you see now might not interest you, but one day in the future, one of them might and you may be inclined to participate. 

I wish you well no matter what you choose here. 

3 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Your posts are too long, as is this suggestion.   Sigh

Come on SM80, just put them on ignore and continue on...  It really does help cleaning up the trash that gets posted...

Maryland NAACP calls education of Black students 'dreadful', warns school leaders

....The Maryland NAACP is calling on local and state school leaders to address what it calls an “intolerable” situation for African American students in Maryland public schools....In a press release issued Monday morning, the Maryland NAACP said it has attempted to work with state and local education agencies “to remedy the dreadful education circumstances that confront the children”, but the situation has only gotten worse....The group cites, “Lagging academic achievement, students graduating without necessary proficiency, breakdown in school discipline, inappropriate treatment of special education students, and school to prison pipeline”

....The Maryland NAACP says the conference is a good faith effort to discuss strategies and improve education outcomes, but “If there is no substantial progress to improve the critical status of African American students, other actions may be necessary and will have to be pursued.”...In July 2022, Crump joined a lawsuit against Baltimore City Schools, which accuses the school system of wasting tax dollars and failing educate generations of students....

.....The lawsuit was filed by Baltimore residents Jovani and Shawnda Patterson, who say the city is misusing their tax dollars because students in the public school system aren’t getting the education they deserve....The lawsuit claims taxpayers are forced to foot the bill for not only a broken education system, but the added costs for the criminal justice and social welfare systems as well....

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/project-baltimore/maryland-naacp-calls-education-of-black-students-dreadful-warns-school-leaders

Kobi Little
Transformational Leader Baltimore, Maryland, United States
President, Baltimore City NAACP Oct 2018 - Present 4 years 9 months

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kobilittle

Theodore McKeldin served his second term as mayor until 1967. To date, McKeldin is the last Republican mayor of Baltimore; indeed, he is the last Republican mayoral candidate to win even 25 percent of the vote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_McKeldin

"You get what you vote for, America" - Mike Jones, St Louis American